PDA

View Full Version : Another ideas thread... Stocky male characters?

martinbradly
10-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Temporarily disabling the lurking device...

I figured I wouldn't hijack Sean Connery's similar thread, since the transition in this case is in the other direction. For those of you following along at home, I'm a female stumped for ideas for a male costume. Yes, it's crossplay for the sake of crossplay, more or less. :) And yes, I am a bad anime fan; the only male characters I know of who aren't outright bishounen are muscle-bound tanks, which is too far in the other direction for me.

I don't want to play a character I don't like, so this is more hunting around for possible sources than anything else-- I'm hoping this is still the right forum. But anyway. If anyone has a favorite series they'd like to recruit fans to, which happens to feature short, normal-to-stocky (I'm not fat, exactly, but hips and chest will be a problem) male characters, in a setting fantastical enough to have interesting costumes, speak up?

Or if someone wants to suggest outright a specific character, that's grand too. :D After a new haircut I'm jazzed that I may be able to pull this off after all, but since pulling it off believably is important to me, I'm not about to try a Muraki or something.

Thanks, all.

ACXchan
10-12-2003, 01:58 AM
Please don't take this as an insult as I happen to like these characters too... But, have you considered Gimli or one of the hobbits n.n? As for anime characters, checkout Naruto. There's some variety in the male population for that anime XD

Koumori
10-12-2003, 06:32 AM
Jet Black leaps immediately to mind, if you want to deal with the beard...

Scortia
10-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Don't let being a little stocky affect who you choose to cosplay. My friend is stocky and she did the most amazing Kyou of Fruits Basket and Inu Yasha... it's all in the attitude and costume workmanship. ^.^ I didn't even notice that she was way shorter than her characters when she was in grumpy-mode. ^^;;

martinbradly
10-13-2003, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the ideas, folks. It's much appreciated. :) I'll keep an eye out for Naruto and the others, and see if anything grabs me.