PDA

View Full Version : Temple University Halloween Party (in Philly)

Rinkun
10-12-2003, 12:49 AM
>D i finally got info from my friend

It'll be held on October 31st.

Temple University Student Activity Center Building, Room 301 (13th and Montgomery)

$10 for pre-reg
$12 at door

there will be a DDR and Costume contest

^^; the money is going towards the Philly Anime con that my friend is starting

=/ any other questions, you can ask. cause that's all i got

Sorahana
10-12-2003, 09:42 AM
What time is the party? Lol XD. I'd love to go this!! Lol XD;.

Rinkun
10-12-2003, 12:02 PM
::tries to remember::

i think she said 5-10p >_< don't hold me out on that...when i peg her for more info, i'll edit my first post :)

Sorahana
10-12-2003, 12:25 PM
Oki dokie! I'll have to ask my mom. Not sure if I can though..........xD;.

Lady Ava
10-12-2003, 03:06 PM
OO! Temple University! I'm thinking about going there fore college next year. ^^

random note...couldn't help saying ^^;

zephy
10-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Sure, you'll be coming here right when I'm leaving. Ah well, its my 5th year. I think I've been here long enough

Sorahana
10-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Are you that attached to it lol XD;. I have to start looking at colleges lol XD. I'm a junior in hs so lol XD........

Oshi
10-16-2003, 08:43 AM
hmm... Well, unless I get an invite to a free party, I'm in.

zephy
10-16-2003, 09:33 AM
Are you that attached to it lol XD;. I have to start looking at colleges lol XD. I'm a junior in hs so lol XD........

Nope, not tha attatched to it, I'm just imprisoned here on a 5 year sentence....

well, not really, but I am a double major so its taking me a little extra time.

Nicole did say it started at 5 in her email to the anime club listserv. But I think she didn't mention anything about the whole "this money is going to support a con" thing in the email to the anime club. I think the cost of going is a turn-off to a lot of people when it seems as though they're not getting much out of it. 2 of my roommates are in the anime club and are both like "why the hell should Is pend 10 or 12 dollars to go to a party when I can get better elsewhere for less" and all that . (plus theres the fact that Michelle is going to go see Maroon 5 down at the TLA that night).

I honestly dont know if I can afford it, either. Im sure its for a good cause and all, but I have like no cash to my name.

Rinkun
10-16-2003, 03:26 PM
=/ yea, same here. i have to save for Nekocon ^^;

i guess we might as well forget it. it is definitely too expensive for a party >_<

Misa-chan
10-16-2003, 06:34 PM
If I can get the money, I'll probably be able to go. Or you-know-who (hehe, not that one) will drag me there. >.>;

zephy
10-20-2003, 06:58 PM
=/ yea, same here. i have to save for Nekocon ^^;

i guess we might as well forget it. it is definitely too expensive for a party >_<

oooo *_* you're going to nekocon? lucky ;_; wish I could. no room no ride, etc. etc

Rinkun
10-20-2003, 07:55 PM
oooo *_* you're going to nekocon? lucky ;_; wish I could. no room no ride, etc. etc

i was lucky to get a room and ride for that one x_X;

oh ::pokepoke:: you going to Katsu? wanna room with us? so far it's me, my friends True and Barb and her boyfriend ^_^ we can make b/f sleep on floor, hehe

zephy
10-20-2003, 09:13 PM
i was lucky to get a room and ride for that one x_X;

oh ::pokepoke:: you going to Katsu? wanna room with us? so far it's me, my friends True and Barb and her boyfriend ^_^ we can make b/f sleep on floor, hehe

sweet *_* that would be awesome *_* are you sure you wouldn't mind? (and I would gladly sleep on the floor if need be. I've done it plenty of times before)

amanoanime
10-21-2003, 12:11 PM
Okay, at least some of you are cool, and plannign on coming to this party!!!! I'm really glad, and please nintroduce yourself to me if you come, I'll be wearing a Haku (Naruto) cosplay!

Okay, yes, it is $12 at the door, $10 in advance. We are NOT doing this party to make money, we are doing this party to have a good time and we are charging the money b/c it is not free for us to do it. Just the room we are renting is $300 for the night!!!! There will also be food, drinks, the Ring (starting at 8, the origional Jap. ver.!), a DDR contest, and there will prizes for the 3 best cospalyers and the best DDR-person of each level (using the ddr max system, so a total of three rizes for that event, too).

And one more thing, it will be from 5-10, the first part being just hanging out, DDR, and all that good stuff, then the costume judging, then the Ring to close up the night.

Hope to see more of you there!!!!

Rinkun
10-21-2003, 06:49 PM
hey nicole! lol.

yea, i wasn't clear on the whole reason why it was so expensive until you told me today, so ;p

i'll try to make it...but don't get upset if i don't come ^_^

Sala
10-22-2003, 10:15 AM
Wow. Although $300 for just room rental is outrageous, I think $12 a person is kinda steep. That means that you're only expecting 25 people. I'm not sure what Temple is like (having never been on campus), but here at Bryn Mawr we're allowed to have up to 20 people in our rooms without a problem, and we can have as many as we want in our living rooms (of the dorms) with the only proviso that the host must have taken this weird hour-long 'party host training' seminar thing.
Does Temple have anything like that? Is there a way to make this cheaper for everyone? I would not mind paying a little money(like $5 or so), but $12 (that's more than you'd pay to get into a club!) is a little steep for me to pay, especially since I only know one person (Nicole) and have never actually met her. Just a thought. Because if you can hold the party in a "free" location, then all the door money could go to this con, instead of just a portion.

Rinkun
10-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Temple Halloween party CANCELLED due to lack of interest