PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Cosplay of Yachiru help?

digifreak
11-29-2010, 08:17 PM
so me and a friend decided that we're going to spend our last year of high school with lots of fun and that includes halloween. i'm doing yachiru and since this is my first time at cosplaying/dressing-up-for-halloween, i was hoping for some tips for creating yachiru's costume. i have a whole year to get all this done.... Is dyeing ur hair pink a good idea? or buying the shikakushou a better idea than making it? is buying yachiru's zanpakutou a good idea or a waste of money (that doesn't exist yet)? im low on money until i find a job so please keep that in mind:) thanks in advance

dark--typhoon
11-30-2010, 07:47 PM
For hair, if you don't mind going around afterward with pink hair, it'd be cheaper to dye it. But, if you really want that bright pink in the anime, I'd say get a wig. If it's just for Halloween, then just a cheap wig is fine, but if you're going to wear it again, you'll want to get a nicer one.

Since you have a year, if you have sewing experience or know someone who does and will help you, making the shihakushou would probably be cheaper. Do make sure you get a good pattern. I would recommend making it accurately with the double juban top so you won't have to worry about lining the black one and messing up. A Bleach cosplay can be done without the zanpakuto, so if you have extra time, try looking for an easy katana tutorial and making one rather than buying one.

digifreak
12-25-2010, 06:32 PM
do you know which kind of fabric i should use to make it? and if possible, do you know any good patterns for the juban and the top kimono(not sure if I wanna say that...)? i've got the patterns for the hakama, waraji, and possibly the instructions for making yachiru's zanpakutou but i can't say anything about the rest...