PDA

View Full Version : Hotels Near (Anaheim Convention Center)

sicdedman
12-05-2010, 10:11 AM
I was Curious if anyone knew of any Hotels that is close to The (Anaheim Convention Center)? I tryed some Hotel search thing but the closest Hotel that pops up is 1.3 Miles from The Convention Center (thats too far to walk) I do not go to Anaheim but maybe once a year anyways so i dont know the area. Any Hotel info is Appreciated!

Freight
12-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Anaheim Hilton and Marriott on Convention Center Way

LelouchYamazaki
12-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Anaheim Hilton and Marriott on Convention Center Way

there are a lot within a mile radius, I remember one year during AX in Anaheim I stayed at the motel 6 like 1 mile and a half off from the convention center which was great because its right behind where a lot of the restaurants are, and it was pretty cheap too.

Anaheim is a great and safe area including at night so its an ideal place for AM2 in my opinion.

Cadmium Polyphony
12-05-2010, 10:38 PM
there are a lot within a mile radius, I remember one year during AX in Anaheim I stayed at the motel 6 like 1 mile and a half off from the convention center which was great because its right behind where a lot of the restaurants are, and it was pretty cheap too.

Anaheim is a great and safe area including at night so its an ideal place for AM2 in my opinion.

Yeah, there are a lot, but the two Freight listed are like 'right there'. Good ones, too.

And I agree, Anaheim is great. Not too sure about safe, at least if you wander far enough, but it is great.

sicdedman
12-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Cool thank you for the Info!

i was able to find a hotel for $87 a night.

ANABELLA HOTEL
1030 West Katella Ave
Anaheim, Ca 92802

Looks like a good hotel. 0.16 Miles from Convention Center 12 Second Drive so what is that 4-5 Minute Walk?

for me safety is a good issue, but too many complain about the safety on South Figueroa that AX is Held. Ive never come across any problems on that street i walk it sometimes at 1:00am when im in LA - so its pretty safe. Never have really walked Anaheim Streets, so im going to have to check out the night life on the street after Events and such!

but any who. thanks again for the info on the Hotels i'll tell my friend bout them cause he wants to stay somewhere Expensive lol......... (see if he has enough money for AM2Con Merch!)

Eurobeat King
12-05-2010, 11:12 PM
When I used to go to AX and Disneyland, I know there were a lot of cheaper motels along Katella and Harbor, and all were within walking-distance of the ACC and the hotels in Convention Way.

You could check out places like: Alpine Motel, Jolly Roger Inn, Portofino Hotel, Desert Palms, etc. to name a few.

LelouchYamazaki
12-07-2010, 12:34 AM
So how many of you are getting hotels around the anaheim area, figured we could all do some kinda of day 0 meet up at some place and eat to chill, man 7 months away and can't wait to see what AM2 does. I got my hotel yesterday good price and room to fit possibly 2 people

Blue6
12-16-2010, 05:38 AM
If you have good walking shoes and aren't carrying a heavy load (cosplaying), the 1.3 mile walk should take about 25 minutes. The sidewalks in the area are pretty walkable. If you're weighed down a bit, it might be a little more work than you'd like, especially for a hot summer day. The weather is great at night though.

The Marriott and Hilton are so close you can probably travel between either hotel and the convention center within a minute if you moved with a purpose. You'll easily make it, unless you stop to take photos of cosplayers along the way or are stopped yourself. Trust us when we say it's close.

ElCapitan
12-16-2010, 12:39 PM
If you have good walking shoes and aren't carrying a heavy load (cosplaying), the 1.3 mile walk should take about 25 minutes. The sidewalks in the area are pretty walkable. If you're weighed down a bit, it might be a little more work than you'd like, especially for a hot summer day. The weather is great at night though.

The Marriott and Hilton are so close you can probably travel between either hotel and the convention center within a minute if you moved with a purpose. You'll easily make it, unless you stop to take photos of cosplayers along the way or are stopped yourself. Trust us when we say it's close.
The walkway that runs between the Hilton and ACC is about 100 feet wide. The Marriott is a bit farther, because their parking structure separates the two, but yeah. If you aren't dragging your feet, you should leave the ACC and reach either hotel in under 60 seconds.

Bird's Eye View:
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3298/acchiltonmarriottsatell.jpg

From street level:
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2019/acchiltonstreetview.jpg

Both of those were from Google Maps, there are tons more if you want to look them up yourselves.

Hakaider
12-16-2010, 02:28 PM
@ElCapitan

I know this may be a bit early, but do you happen to know which hotels will be the official convention hotels for the convention?

Will it be the Anaheim Marriott and the Anaheim Hilton? Or will it be different hotels?

LelouchYamazaki
12-20-2010, 01:53 AM
Hey Hakaider so now that we might have something going on at disneyland we might all want to stay an extra day if what chase says goes through.

It might be a pretty awesome week, for anyone one wondering Chase Wang went on Anime News Network podcast and announced hes working on something with Disney so might be an extra event on the 4th possibly?

Hakaider
12-20-2010, 02:43 AM
Hey Hakaider so now that we might have something going on at disneyland we might all want to stay an extra day if what chase says goes through.

It might be a pretty awesome week, for anyone one wondering Chase Wang went on Anime News Network podcast and announced hes working on something with Disney so might be an extra event on the 4th possibly?

An extra day at Disneyland sounds really good.:)

The newly revamped "Star Tours" ride should also be open by then.

WOO HOO!!

LelouchYamazaki
12-20-2010, 11:34 PM
An extra day at Disneyland sounds really good.:)

The newly revamped "Star Tours" ride should also be open by then.

WOO HOO!!

Haha I hope that announcement is made soon, I'm already thinking of booking my room and If indeed something happens on the 4th I'd need to get my room an extra day. It's been like 9 yrs since I've been to Disneyland and have never been to California adventure even thou its only an hour drive for me lol (usually go to Magic Mountain), but if there is a nice deal or something going on I don't mind spending a day down there with friends.

Hakaider
12-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Haha I hope that announcement is made soon, I'm already thinking of booking my room and If indeed something happens on the 4th I'd need to get my room an extra day. It's been like 9 yrs since I've been to Disneyland and have never been to California adventure even thou its only an hour drive for me lol (usually go to Magic Mountain), but if there is a nice deal or something going on I don't mind spending a day down there with friends.

When you do go, you have to check out the new Star Tours and the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland, as well as the Aladdin musical show at the California Adventure! (I hope the Aladdin show is still playing. The Genie is a riot & a hoot!)

LelouchYamazaki
12-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Lmao If I go, we still have to wait and see what kind of announcements AM2 makes, I really rather not spend like 80+ to get into disneyland when I can get into Magic Mtn for like 30ish and be on all the roller coasters, if there is a deal then I'm down.

AM2 is the main reason to go 1-3, 4th is still up in the air but I'm wanting a fun week since my b-day falls on the 5th lol.

ElCapitan
12-21-2010, 12:01 PM
@ElCapitan

I know this may be a bit early, but do you happen to know which hotels will be the official convention hotels for the convention?

Will it be the Anaheim Marriott and the Anaheim Hilton? Or will it be different hotels?
I'm afraid that info isn't public yet, I'm sure Chase will make an announcement as soon as he feels the time is right.

Not my place to give away the details on this either, but I will say that when this first came up internally, a lot of our own people were really stoked. It's pretty cool, I'm pretty sure you guys won't be disappointed.

Phanari
03-23-2011, 12:39 PM
I know for a fact there's a Hilton on Convention Way. That's right next to the Con Center.