PDA

View Full Version : Accessories??

FyreGothChylde
12-05-2010, 07:46 PM
I've been planning on doing the artbook version of Abel so just wanted to see what might be good to make the accessories out of?? Also the arrows??

I've been tossing around the idea of going with magic sculpt since it's an epoxy resin clay and I wanted something that would be more durable, but just wanted to see what other ideas might be out there first. ^^

Thanks in advance!!!

FeyMeggan
12-05-2010, 08:38 PM
LOL if you feel adventurous you can search 'arrows' in the TB main thread; I think over the years we've all tried something different, and all have turned out with different degrees of success. The nicest ones I've seen were made by Kimu out of resin, but from what I understand are not easy by any stretch of the imagination. The big concern for most of us is weight(some characters like Vaclav and Leon have a rediculous number of arrows) and durability.

It all boils down to(in the case of both the arrows and the other bits) what materials you're most comfortable with using.

Sephirayne
02-13-2011, 10:28 PM
I second what Fey is saying. Its all down to each person.

I ended up making all my arrows out over left over wonderflex as I didn't have the time to do any resin casting like what Kimu has used. I'm quite pleased with the result.

All my other Abel accessories have been made using a combo of craft foam, Wonderflex and Cintra.