PDA

View Full Version : Yaoicon 2002 Pictures

Eurobeat King
10-19-2002, 06:16 AM
Hey everyone,

The 1st day of Yaoicon 2002 cosplay pics are up!! :D Since I don't have a seperate section for them, please check them out at "Members Galleries" and look for the pics posted by my other cosplay.com name: Trowa Al :skidude2: Hope you like them and feel free to comment! ;) I'll post more tomorrow night, and if not, by Sunday night. Ciao!

Eurobeat King
10-21-2002, 04:36 AM
*Whew!!* Back from the final day of Yaoicon, and I'm tirrred as anything, even though the con was only 15 mins. away from me.. Guess it was that much fun to do that to me. ;)

I took a lot of pictures, and am in the process of slooowly u/l them onto the photos section. So far I've reached up to Saturday night up to the end of the masquerade. I'll post more tomorrow after some rest. :)

Please note: I don't have a special section (yet) for all the yaoicon pictures under my regular SN, Eurobeat King, but I plan to ask Admin to perhaps transfer these pics to one soon. In the meantime, you'll find all the yaoicon pics I've posted in the "Member Galleries" under the SN Trowa Al. Since admin is the one who u/l my pics under Eurobeat King, I used my secondary name to u/l the Yaoicon pics myself, so they would go up faster. However, due to the limited amount of space I get, I had to reshrink the size of the pics. :thumbsup:

Until I get my own section, if there's a picture of you that I took of you at the con and you'd like me to email the full-size picture to you, please feel free to email me to request a picture (or 2) and I'll send it to you when I can. Also, since I'm not too keen on all the bishy shows like Gravitation, Saiyuki, etc. I may not know all the characters' names, so if you know the names of cosplayers and/or the character they're cosplaying, please drop me an email also to let me know (file # and page # would be appreciated) and I'll change the appropriate caption. :)

More pics to come, so check them out often! :skidude2:

ZiggyB
10-21-2002, 05:01 AM
Good seeing you again Eurobeat King, what is it, every weekend this month now? :)

I was only there Saturday afternoon but took a few pictures anyway. I just put them up.

http://www.divideby0.com/photos/2002-Yaoi-Con/

See you at the Japantown thing next Sunday? :)

KelBebop
10-21-2002, 11:08 AM
Hey Al, it was great seeing you at the con! Your pictures are wonderful! I think we were having way too much fun. :D

All good things,
Kel

Umi
10-21-2002, 11:36 AM
Oooh piccies! It's all about that spiffy Ryuichi as Kumagorou cosplay ^___^ Yay Gravitation!

SohjiroX
10-21-2002, 12:22 PM
Eurobeat King, can you tell me if you have more by chance, I would like you to mail me the ones you gotten if have a chance.

Eurobeat King
10-21-2002, 03:53 PM
Posted a few more pics, including some pretty HOT Kenshin & Saitou YAOI pics.. :devil: hehe I'll post more later this evening..

ZiggyB: Not sure if I'll be going to the Japantown this upcoming weekend, since I might wait a few more dayz until Halloween, and meibi plan something for that.

Kelbebop: Glad you like the pics! Thanks for posing in them ;) I guess we ALL had too much fun at this con with pictures.. hehe :thumbsup:

SohjiroX: I just posted a few more YnM pics, with the big group with you guys onstage. Hope you like those :) When I get the chance, I'll email them to ya.

Aoshi Shinomori
10-21-2002, 05:42 PM
Hey Ziggy.. i didnt go to yaoicon but ill be there for sure this sunday.. hope to see u there

Kenshin Kitty
10-21-2002, 06:24 PM
Ack! e.e; some of the pics I've of me look so wrong...well At least I had fun. ^_^;x

Aoshi Shinomori
10-22-2002, 04:41 AM
ack.. kenshin.. *pulls out swords and run after kenshin*

Karisu-sama
10-22-2002, 06:18 AM
Ah, it's SO much fun to go through your photos, Al!!! :D

I really like seeing not just photos with me in them, but also all the great photos of all the wonderful and cool people I had the privilege of hanging out with this past weekend! This way I get to see everyone's cool costumes AGAIN, hee hee!!! :D And cool poses I didn't see before!! ^_^ You guys are da bomb...

Kenshin & Saito - LOOOOVE IT! :crylaugh:

It really was a very nice-sized con, and easy to find people, and we all had such a great time!

I hope those pics will be up in larger format at some point?? I'll be asking about getting full-size on mine; can I also ask you for some I just especially like (ie: Kenshin & Saito YAOI?) ^_^

Yup, I think we all had just too much fun... LET'S DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!!! :D

Kenshin Kitty
10-22-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Aoshi Shinomori
ack.. kenshin.. *pulls out swords and run after kenshin*

*runs* Orororororo!

Aoshi Shinomori
10-22-2002, 03:34 PM
heh hello Himura Battousai.. i see u finally arrived. gasp.. kenshin what have u been doing at yaoicon?.. doing yaoi pics. .with saitou.. and sano.. 0_0 ack.. *runs away* whos next on your list? heh

Karisu-sama
10-23-2002, 03:11 AM
We just got the slide roll back from the lab today... and Richard scanned 'em (now giant TIFF files.)

Oh man, you are gonna LOOOOVE those Saito/Kenshin pics... :D :D :D

Wiccat
10-23-2002, 04:04 AM
*posting just for the sake of posting*

Hooray for Kenshin and Saitou yaoi goodness! Hooray for rabid psycho bunny molestations!

Heh, woof. >^..^<

Kenshin Ken
10-23-2002, 05:22 PM
I just put up my Y-con piccies too ^_^. it's on my photo gallery page ^^. * wishes he knew how to sort em out so they would stick out more* ^^;;

KelBebop
10-23-2002, 05:31 PM
Yay, more photos!

I'll probably be putting some photos up as well, once I have time to crop and tweak 'em.

Heheheh...okay, that was a pointless post.

Karisu-sama
10-23-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by KelBebop
I'll probably be putting some photos up as well, once I have time to crop and tweak 'em.

Heheheh...okay, that was a pointless post.
Heh heh...

I molest uh tweak uh do loads of Pshop work on EVERYTHING that goes up, because:

1) hotels have such unbelievably crappy lighting (esp. too yellow)
2) digicams have a way of adding too much red to everyone's skin tone
3) digicams make many details TOO sharp
4) people have red-eye or zits or too-shiny skin in many digicam pics
5) there's distracting stuff in the backgrounds
6) lines of real hair showing where wigs have slipped
7) awkward flash reflections
8) folds on costumes in odd places (ie: someone forgot to iron the costume!), con badges that oughta go, keys hanging in front of someone's crotch (I actually had to get rid of those once)
9) etc. etc. etc.

(I do pro photoshop work on photos as a part-time side business. - Shameless plug...)

Here's an "after" shot, color-corrected et al, as well as all the stuff that was stuck on the door & wall removed (not to mention the silly wristband they put on me) :
http://www.dragonsgate.net/cosplay/Costume_Studio/DilNRan.jpg

KelBebop
10-23-2002, 11:19 PM
Karisu-sama's got the mad Photoshop skillz! :skidude2: Unlike me, the rank amateur. Heh heh!

Gah! Those stupid wristbands are a nightmare to remove from photos!

Anyway... back to making hobbit pants for Halloween! :D

Karisu-sama
10-24-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by KelBebop
Karisu-sama's got the mad Photoshop skillz! :skidude2: Unlike me, the rank amateur. Heh heh!

If you get me your pics of us (and any others from the con you like), I'll try to mess with them BEFORE you post them, eh? I always want everyone to look their best! (Not just me! ;) )

I hope to give you that CD I promised full of "AFTER" shots, not the "befores". (I hope it won't take too much time; right now I'm supposed to be coding & cleaning up this impossibly messy house... can't start anything until next week at the very earliest.)

KelBebop
10-24-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
If you get me your pics of us (and any others from the con you like), I'll try to mess with them BEFORE you post them, eh? I always want everyone to look their best! (Not just me! ;) )

I hope to give you that CD I promised full of "AFTER" shots, not the "befores". (I hope it won't take too much time; right now I'm supposed to be coding & cleaning up this impossibly messy house... can't start anything until next week at the very earliest.)

That would be great! Thanks! I never would have even thought to ask you, since you're so busy. ;)

No rush on the CD. Big surprise...I'm busy, too. :thumbsup:

SohjiroX
10-24-2002, 06:59 PM
Funny but I like these yaoi pics, my friends site though got alot of me being surprised by the group I was in....I was the only one really at the con that wasn't a copy of another cosplayer....scarey sort of..........all well.

Karisu-sama
11-12-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by SohjiroX
I was the only one really at the con that wasn't a copy of another cosplayer Huh?

Kenshin Ken
11-12-2002, 01:01 AM
Aye I agree with Karisu....
... huh? ^^;;

SohjiroX
11-12-2002, 06:31 PM
I wasn't a copy of a person such as two kenshins and such cosplayers.....sorry.

Karisu-sama
11-12-2002, 07:08 PM
...There was ANOTHER Dilandau Albatou at Y-con??? Where? And only one Gatti (only one DragonSlayer!), and AFAIK only one Onizuka (one I recognized, anyway ;) ), one Relena Peacecraft, one incredibly awesome whatever-that-was Dawnamatrix was wearing, one... (but you get the picture)

SohjiroX
11-12-2002, 07:22 PM
of there anime I was, if you saw alot of black trench coat and such characters, thats the anime I was doing and there was alot of copys of it but none of me, I was surprised is all to not see a single Tatsume.