PDA

View Full Version : Best bought Sebastian cosplay?

Yahriel
12-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Eh, considering the material, I'm thinking buying and entire Sebastian cosplay would be cheaper than even just the fabric for his tailcoat alone (and there's also figuring in my non-existant sewing ability =x)

With Kuro's explosive popularity, there's quite a few premade (or custom-made) Sebby cosplays available now.
What are the the most accurate ones?
And what stores/commissioners take custom sizing?
Hoping to have it for a con at the end of January (Ohayocon)... ordering now would be enough time, right?

So, what places have the most accurate Sebby cosplays?

HelloCosplay.com (http://www.hellocosplay.com/black-butler-kuroshitsuji-sebastian-michaelis-costume-p-439.html) - OP likes the accuracy, knows nothing of the customer service or make time.

Axelai
12-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Thats the one my friend bought, and its GORGEOUS. It came and it fit her like a glove. I don't know how long it took, but from my past experience, Hello Cosplay ships rather fast

Yahriel
12-09-2010, 06:09 PM
I keep hearing good things about HC's Sebby one. *_* (though I've heard mixed reviews about HC themselves).

Any other recommendations, anyone? Maybe we can get a list together of the best premade Sebastian cosplays.

Axelai
12-09-2010, 06:35 PM
-shrugs- Thats the only good one i know of. Most of them mess up his vest.

All i can do is vote for that one. My friend's is simply gorgeous.

Aces
12-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Try Cosmonde's store on Ebay.

DaemonForce
12-12-2010, 04:22 PM
That's pricier than the one I bought and it looks stunningly accurate. I approve. :/

Yahriel
12-13-2010, 12:46 AM
So... lots of votes for HC.com. =O
Aces - do you a Cosmonde Sebby? If you do, I'd like to hear how it is.

Thanks for the input so far guys! =D

Aces
12-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Yes, mine is a Cosmonde. I know at least one other Sebastian IRL that uses it too.

Its FANTASTIC. First off, Cosmonde is excellent. They respond fast, are very friendly, and will help you the majority of the time. We wanted to order the Grell costume from them but it wasn't listed; we emailed them and they gladly still let us purchase it.

The costume itself is really nice. Great quality and material, only thing that I had to do was reinforce the buttons a bit better.

They also send little gifts with your purchase. I got a couple Kuro figurines and a Grell keychain the first time, and got a Hetalia Russia figurine and a Code Geass keychain when I ordered the Grell costume.

Overall, I'm extremely impressed with them. I'm definitely recommended them. It might be a bit more pricey, but worth it.

KaleiDoVi
12-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Yes, mine is a Cosmonde. I know at least one other Sebastian IRL that uses it too.

Its FANTASTIC. First off, Cosmonde is excellent. They respond fast, are very friendly, and will help you the majority of the time. We wanted to order the Grell costume from them but it wasn't listed; we emailed them and they gladly still let us purchase it.

The costume itself is really nice. Great quality and material, only thing that I had to do was reinforce the buttons a bit better.

They also send little gifts with your purchase. I got a couple Kuro figurines and a Grell keychain the first time, and got a Hetalia Russia figurine and a Code Geass keychain when I ordered the Grell costume.

Overall, I'm extremely impressed with them. I'm definitely recommended them. It might be a bit more pricey, but worth it.

I'm not completely sure, but I believe the little gifts is only during the Christmas event they held (are still holding for wigs). Might be wrong, but that's what it seems like.
But that cosplay looks AMAZING. OWO It's a little more pricey, yes, but it seems worth it. I plan on getting a Ciel cosplay from them after Christmas, if I can, I'll let you know how it goes. :D

Aces
12-14-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm not completely sure, but I believe the little gifts is only during the Christmas event they held (are still holding for wigs). Might be wrong, but that's what it seems like.
But that cosplay looks AMAZING. OWO It's a little more pricey, yes, but it seems worth it. I plan on getting a Ciel cosplay from them after Christmas, if I can, I'll let you know how it goes. :D

No, the gifts are year round. I ordered my Sebastian cosplay at the beginning of August.

v---I'm wearing the cosplay in my dA.

Rainbowgasm
12-31-2010, 12:50 AM
I agree on Cosmonde, our Sebby got it there and its GREAT! It came a little baggy, but I think it was just her being overly generous when sending measurements to them XP She didn't like the pants it came with, but she never DOES like the pants cosplays come with, so I wouldnt mark it against the seller...
The little gifts come all year round, we ordered in late July and got a crap load via buying that, her wig, my Ciel wig and Alois' wig...

rubyspitfire
01-06-2011, 08:38 AM
seriously thinking about just buying one, since the one i made isn't bad but lacks accuracy and i'd rather use the coat (minus tails) for my ffvii-bc cosplay

Yahriel
01-07-2011, 04:43 AM
At this point I'm considering buying just the tailcoat from one of the cosplay places. A tailcoat alone is proving hard to find, much less one with the sort of tails Sebastian's has... and one that closes by one button across the front. x_X
Does anyone know if any of the places mentioned here would make a single piece of the cosplay?

thoetmosis
01-07-2011, 07:02 AM
hello guys,
just found this costume on the internet, and thinking of buying it.
What would you guys suggest ? (it's from cosplayying on Ebay)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Butler-Kuroshitsuji-Sebastian-Cosplay-Costume-/400172518103?pt=Adult_Fancy_Dress_UK&hash=item5d2c240ad7

HidingintheMist
01-07-2011, 10:55 AM
I have to agree on Cosmonde as well. Its a good quality costume(A Sebastian I saw at AX'10 had one), and in my opinion it looks amazing. My Sebastian is actually getting that one for AX 2011, and will probably be ordering it in a month or two, probably when she orders the wig, which I'm paying shipping for as part of her early birthday gift. ^^;

thoetmosis
01-09-2011, 12:53 PM
are you guys going to get the standard versions or the special made ones ?

DaemonForce
01-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Mine is a variation that doesn't close in the front. I could probably change this with powerful magnets but I think it looks fine. The only thing I can't stand is the false waistcoat. I'd rather use my own but the material makes the rest of the costume look awful.

Rainbowgasm
01-09-2011, 03:54 PM
are you guys going to get the standard versions or the special made ones ?

for cosmonde? custom... I think :S maybe it wasnt and thats why the jacket is big?? I think it was just my Sebby being over generous in her measurements after she outgrew a previous cosplay before it even came in...

thoetmosis
01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Anyone has recommendations for the best Sebastian wig ? Or is the cosmonde-one also the best (according to me, it seems like it is)

Rainbowgasm
01-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Anyone has recommendations for the best Sebastian wig ? Or is the cosmonde-one also the best (according to me, it seems like it is)

the wig is great, but it comes unstyled... our Sebby had to do a bit of a cut to it for herself, as she likes his hair a little shorter and has a more heart shaped face that made it look TOOOO long... I think she went a little TOO short with her cutting myself but... what can ya do? I can't glue the hair back on XP but yes, I would get the wig and outfit together!

thoetmosis
01-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the advice ^^