PDA

View Full Version : Wizarding World of Harry Potter

metro lobster
12-12-2010, 09:07 PM
I've been to the park twice (a benefit of living in Florida) - the first time I saw a couple people dressed up (Ron and Hermione I think), and the second time I went in costume with my twin sister (as George and Fred, naturally) and it was pretty awesome. Seems like we got the most comments from the park employees!

Has anyone else been - in costume or not? One of the friends I went with the second time has an awesome Harry costume but didn't bring it because they assumed the park had 'crew members' dressed as characters. Not so!

moonflower.
12-12-2010, 10:39 PM
I just posted this up above in the other thread about it, but my friends and i go all the time (i've been more than 10 times since i moved here in august), and we've gone in costumes a bunch of times. most recently we basically went to take photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=311666&id=731470714&l=c32c7e1374

Ali
02-16-2011, 07:55 PM
My friend Ashe and I went in our Hermione and Ron costumes (http://www.flickr.com/photos/25825451@N03/5228673030/in/set-72157625393494201/) last November. We had a total blast. The employees especially loved our S.P.E.W. badges.

Musicalpencil
02-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Everyone I've seen that has worn costumes in Wizarding World have all been Hogwarts uniforms. What about costumes that aren't the uniforms? Do they still allow those?

Ali
02-18-2011, 02:23 PM
As far as I know, from asking around there, the only costumes that they straight up don't allow are ones with masks. I think beyond that, it's just an etiquette thing, like not trying to pass yourself off as an employee.

kraek
05-25-2011, 09:00 AM
I've been there, and I wore my Gryffindor robe. I swear I'm never going back unless I'm in costume.

Stormraven24
05-25-2011, 10:22 AM
I went last year in July (first mistake right htere. We stood in line for over 2 hours in the baking sun to get into a store), but didn't have a costume at the time. I wish I'd have had my AVPM Draco cosplay done by then. I hope to go back in the winter time (maybe January/February next year) in either Draco or my "original" Slytherin student outfit.

kraek
05-25-2011, 10:35 AM
I went last year in July (first mistake right htere. We stood in line for over 2 hours in the baking sun to get into a store), but didn't have a costume at the time. I wish I'd have had my AVPM Draco cosplay done by then. I hope to go back in the winter time (maybe January/February next year) in either Draco or my "original" Slytherin student outfit.

You cosplay AVPM?! Win.

Kitsune
07-07-2011, 10:27 AM
I just got a year pass for Universal a couple weeks ago (much better than roses as a well-done on a performance!) and I finally went to Wizarding World for the first time! And three times in two weeks. XD I got to be picked at Ollivander's last time I was there, it was the coolest experience in the world.

I've been dying to go in costume, but I've been hesitant because of Universal's usual no-costume policy (or what I assumed was a definite policy). I'm sure I could cosplay, say, Percy (I need to cosplay him at some point) or Ginny no problem, since it's just school robes and they sell those. I've been wanting to cosplay Charlie out there, though, to take cool photos. I'd be nervous about the make up, though. It involves a lot of makeup freckles and scarring, and the shirt's a bit, er, weathered. Do you think they would frown on that?

I am really glad I've been a few times. I have a lot of ideas for "dragon keeping" costume pieces to make Charlie look more like Charlie and not some random costume. Dueling Dragons FTW.

JordanExcelsior
07-07-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm moving to Orlando in the Fall for school, I plan on going to the park with my girlfriend who lives about an hour or so away, we'll be going as Severus and Lily. :)

chinna
08-04-2011, 02:10 PM

I wanted to go next summer as sort of a graduation present to myself. But o my goodness thats a really long time OUTSIDE the store. I was even planning on wearing Angelina's quidditch uniform. That would have been a disaster!

What is the suggested time of the year to go? Also do they sell broomsticks?

Stormraven24
08-04-2011, 05:42 PM
I wanted to go next summer as sort of a graduation present to myself. But o my goodness thats a really long time OUTSIDE the store. I was even planning on wearing Angelina's quidditch uniform. That would have been a disaster!

What is the suggested time of the year to go? Also do they sell broomsticks?

Well, it was also the month after it officially opened, so that could have been a major factor xD

I would think anytime in the fall/winter (preferably during the week) would be the best times to go (everyone's back in school and at work, off-peak season, etc). So keep away from major holidays and school breaks.

As for broomsticks, I think they did, but I don't remember 100%. I'm sure they've gotten some more things in since last year, though :)

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-10-2011, 11:10 PM
My friend and I went sometime during the opening week (she has a house down in Florida and it wasn't a far drive :D)

Definitely going to go in costume if I ever go back. It was awesome, BUT could have been MUCH better!

I had the pumpkin juice and it was worth the 6 dollars xP.

Unfortunately they didn't have Luna's wand but the lady said I was the 5th person to ask that, so they'd inquire about her wand :3.

The line was long but worth the wait. My friend and I were in front of two guys, one wearing a Gen Con shirt and I was like, "WHOA HEY We're going there in August!" Fun stuff :D

Sakura Blizzard
08-29-2011, 06:24 PM
I wish. I went there about 2 weeks ago. They have just about everyone's wand and other unique wands if you don't want a character wand. But to me that stuff was over priced...Rides are great though. And it gets super hot and crowded.

dark--typhoon
09-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Does anyone have detailed pictures for the construction of the WWoHP robes? I'm considering getting one but can't find nice/large/detailed/zoomed pics for them... (Ravenclaw in particular).

alicedear
09-19-2011, 10:40 PM
I went for the first time back in May dressed as Luna/a Ravenclaw student/myself. I didn't go all-out with robes because it was insanely hot, but I wore the rest of my Ravenclaw uniform/Luna jewelry and my Rumbleroar pin (which a lot of the cast members enjoyed, haha).

Quick question for the next time I'm back there, though, directed specifically at those who have gone with wigs on: How do they hold up on Forbidden Journey/the rides?

Ali
09-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Quick question for the next time I'm back there, though, directed specifically at those who have gone with wigs on: How do they hold up on Forbidden Journey/the rides?

The wigs were totally fine on Forbidden Journey, but I'm not sure I'd take them on the larger roller coasters.

alicedear
09-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Oh good! As long as they're fine on Forbidden Journey, that's the main thing. Hippogriff and Dragon Challenge I can do without. :3 Thanks so much!!

MiraThePanda
09-21-2011, 02:38 AM
I went to the Wizarding World in April... It was amazing!(Butterbeer is delicious!) I totally wish I had my Lucius (Student) cosplay even in mind then... I do hope to go back though in costume.

Tonksie
11-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Did anyone else get to go to the WWoHP Blu Ray celebration thingie this weekend? I was lucky enough to get to go, and wore my Ravenclaw uniform sans robes (I didn't have enough room in my suitcase, lol).

I also just have to post this, because I'm super excited about it and can't share it enough, lol: http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff497/hsutography/Lisa_Rupert.gif

Kitsune
11-22-2011, 11:12 PM
I wasn't able to go to the WWoHP Celebration, since I was working for a convention that weekend. T_T My friend couldn't pick up shifts for that weekend, either, for the same reason, I think she's still upset about that. That gif is adorable! <3

So I meandered through WW in costume for my first time! It was a little nerve-wracking, I'm not gonna lie. XD My friend went as fifth-year Severus and I went as fifth-year Lily and adorableness ensued. We got into a little trouble at first when a mob of tourists surrounded us as we were getting butterbeer and took photos, but the security guard was super nice and gave us pointers on how to avoid that and thus not get into further trouble. I need to get our Forbidden Journey ride photo from my friend - it's an adorable picture of us on a bench with Luna Lovegood and Link with Sev protecting Lily from a giant dragon~ I felt weird when we went into Marvel Island in costume. XD

I will say our wigs stood up to the Hippogriff ride just fine since it didn't loop, and the Forbidden Journey ride was fine, but I was too nervous to give Dragon Challenge a whirl.

Also! One of the girls I met (who was dressed as Luna) works there as entertainment, and because it was my birthday, she managed to wrangle me into Ollivander's and, even though I wasn't chosen for the whole wand she-bang, when the room cleared out she, grabbed me just as I exited (saying, in the cutest Luna voice ever, "Lily Evans you get back here right now!"), and told Ollivander Lily hadn't got her wand yet. It was quickly rectified with the final phase of the wand choosing process and I received the willow wand in an adorably dusty box. LILY WAND YAY <3

MercuryLampe
11-23-2011, 04:32 PM
I went as Draco from AVPM, but I left the robes at home because it was so, so, so hot. I had to change out of it halfway through because it was just too hot. No one recognized me as being from AVPM, but at least they got the Draco part right xD

UchihaGirl
11-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Unfortunately they didn't have Luna's wand but the lady said I was the 5th person to ask that, so they'd inquire about her wand :3.

They have it now...they have all the major characters and it was only this last month that they FINALLY got Bellatrix's wand. I had been asking since before the opening of the land......You should be able to buy them online at the Universal Studios park store.