PDA

View Full Version : Armor trouble (brotherhood)

Kcolrehs
12-16-2010, 03:03 AM
So, I'm brand spanking new here, and I showed up halfway through a project.

During it's run, I work at a renaissance faire in my local area, and I have been working on making some leather replicas of the Seusenhofer armor from AC:B, since they looked fine as hell, and would go well with my already Ezio-esqe costume. But, I seem to have hit a snag. All of the images I can find of the armor are pictures of the armor from the front, and no other perspective.

Of course, being stubborn, I finished playing through the game, killed thousands of random theves for their elephant ivory and indian diamonds, even managed to collect a couple shrunken heads. Don't you know it, the resolution on my classic TV is to low for me to make out much. It looks beautiful and intricate, but that might just be psycho-visual noise.

So, I guess what I'm asking for is if someone has a redonculously good TV, a kind heart, and has the Seusenhofer armor unlocked, could I beg them to screen-cap Ezio from his right side and back.

also, a pic of the armor in question.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101129181707/assassinscreed/images/d/d7/Seusenhofer.jpg

gambit86
12-16-2010, 08:35 AM
There are times I feel Ubisoft hates cosplayers (or loves them depending on your definition of the term) I feel this way every time I see the armor in AC2 or Brotherhood. If you had asked about the Missaglias armor, I'd of given you templates as I've pretty much finished them up this weekend. But this? I'll see if I can't get good screen grabs for you.

fev
12-16-2010, 09:07 AM
There are times I feel Ubisoft hates cosplayers (or loves them depending on your definition of the term) I feel this way every time I see the armor in AC2 or Brotherhood.
I'm betting they don't hate us as much as Square hates cosplayers & propmakers XD

I found this image online, dunno how much it might help
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/shmupo/acb/ACB_SP_S_58_Copernicus.jpg

Kcolrehs
12-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Good lord, thank you both so much. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has trouble with recreating things from games.

@gambit: thank you, but nah, I'm fine. I much rather like the look of AC:B because of the return to the basic look of Altair. Though, if you want I can counter your offer with my own; I've drawn up a template of Ezio's regular bracer (left hand/game cover), and I'm more than happy to share.

@fev: Good lord, thank you so very much. That perspective is perfect for what I need, though I wish the angle was low enough to include the back of his hand, but eh. Beggars can't be choosers. Though It does seem that the Chest piece is far to heavily covered in strapping to be seen clearly. Extrapolation time.

Again, thank you both, and happy costuming.

fev
12-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Kcolrehs, if i can find anything else, I'll be sure to pass it along.. I've been eyeing this armor set as well :)

It would be fantastic if you swing by and post some works in progress photos when you get rolling, I would love to see your work..

By any chance, would you have a website or photo account (if you post your work online?)

Kcolrehs
12-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Your wish, is my command

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj274/isatina/Ezio%20from%20ACB/?action=view&current=Photoon2010-12-17at1136.jpg

Kcolrehs
12-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Done. WIP pic up on my profile of my Left bracer. Thank you again for your help and confidence.

Lisu-chan
12-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Ah I just saw your post here, tomorrow when I'll go back on my ps3, I'll take some pics of the armour as well... or at least, try. When you buy it BTW, you can SEE it in the Assassin's office, well.. if you put on different armour, of course, on one of the displays!

Other then that, I'll take some pics tomorrow! Will post them in my photobucket folder I posted in the other thread.

Edit: did you intend to just make the bracer, because if so I won't bother, but if you wanted to make the whole armour...

Kcolrehs
12-17-2010, 02:27 PM
I wanted to make the whole suit of armor. And yeah, I know about seeing the armor in the hideout, but the resolution on my tv sucks. So far I've only managed to make out the grieves from in game.

fev
12-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Kcolrehs, that work in progress is sweet so far! please keep us updated!

I don't know why I hadn't thought of using leather for the bracers lol. Would've made complete sense!. When its time to cross that road, I'll be tossing that option up on the board (had considered using sintra & sculpting it from clay (since its most likely going to get molded)

Kame
12-19-2010, 07:28 PM
They must hate cosplayers for not putting any dang patterns up or any info about at least what the 'cloth' material is made of, lol.

Kcolrehs
12-20-2010, 02:49 AM
0.o It's easy. All you need to do is pay attention to the way the fabrics act in game. Ubisoft did a real good job with the physics engine, at least on Ezio. Pedestrians not so much... But judging from the flow and quality of cloth, on Ezio's outfit;
His undershirt would be muslin
His pants would be cotton twill
Boots leather, of course.
His long tunic would be cotton twill
His dublet would be cotton twill with silk lining,
His sash would be silk
And his hood would be suede leather.

Kame
01-19-2011, 05:07 AM
Hmm... I thought it the hood looked like it was made off leather. Same goes for the sleeves on the outer shirt. I'll probably go with what they had in that CGI trailer since it looks a lot easier.

Anybody else get the Helmschmeid Drachen Armor? That was my default replacement for the Armor of Brutus (not to bash that outfit as I liked it a lot). The non-armor parts look like they're made out of a very thick silk-like material. Too bad you can't see the doublet. I'd love to make that version one day.

As for the pedestrians, I love how the guys with the canes pimp-walk. So funny.

[EDIT] Upon closer inspection, it looks like the tunic as well as the striped sleeves and the outer, white part of the cape are also made of suede leather. Same goes for the red inside the hood. The 'dress' part on the legs are cotton twill I believe. It's hard to tell looking at Ezio, but if you zoom the camera up to the Brotherhood Assassins, it's easy to tell that it's made of cotton twill.

I'm not sure what the red material for the sash and the lapels are made of.