PDA

View Full Version : Sun Wukong

WolfCC
12-16-2010, 03:45 PM
I need help learning how to do.........
THIS!
http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww217/saint12334/400px-Sun_Wukong_wo2.png

I don't know how to make pants like that!
Or the guards he wears on his forearms.

Help help help?
O.O

WolfCC
12-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Ahh!
Wrong thread!
How do I move this to the help place??

Kacela
12-16-2010, 05:19 PM
I think the moderators will move it for you =]

I would use craft foam and elastic for the guards. Craft foam is great for making things like that, it is easy to manipulate and paint (may need to give it a coating of PVA glue before painting). The elastic will hold it on or you could use any fabric and use poppers. As for the pants I have no idea but you could find many patterns online to help or you could look at an actual pair in that style and take them apart to see how they were made (a great way to learn sewing patterns is to take apart your own clothes).

I love Sun Wukong so I wish you the best of luck and shall be looking forward to seeing it finished ^^

Melanie
12-21-2010, 10:13 PM
When I make puffy pants, I use a scrubs pattern (or a tracksuit pattern would work just as well). They mightn't look right at first, but once you put the shin guards on, they puff up beautifully. If you take a look through my gallery, all my DW costumes' pants were made with that type of pattern.

When altering the pattern, cut the legs down the centre (remembering to add your seam allowance!) and that will give you the shapes for the contrasting pieces.

For the bracers, they are definitely not hard to make! Since they don't go all the way around his arms, all you need to do it draw out the shape flat, and bend it around your arm. Like Kacela said, craft foam is a good base, likewise, a nice thick interfacing inside a fabric outer would also do the trick.
Personally, I'd avoid using *visible* elastic for historical reasons. :thumbsup: So yeah, use some concealed press studs under the actual guard to secure the straps.

I can't wait to see your final result!!