PDA

View Full Version : DDR Group

Neko Cathy
10-13-2003, 09:27 PM
So far, I know a couple people are going to Katsucon as DDR characters and I might as well start this thread. If anyone is interested in doing a photoshoot or possibly a skit, sign up now. :p

Oshi
10-13-2003, 09:32 PM
I call the dude in Long Train Runnin' and Spin the Disk :)

Ranma Saotome
10-13-2003, 09:34 PM
5th Mix Rage in full effect.

Nekobun
10-13-2003, 10:22 PM
I can probably squeeze in a little Akira time over the weekend between other costumes.

Romann
10-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Woo~! I have 50% of my Janet costume completed! Hopefully I'll be able to make it to Katsucon!

Ranma Saotome
10-13-2003, 11:08 PM
Girl you better make it!!!!! :D

Link Arroway
10-14-2003, 09:58 AM
Emi, hell yes :D photoshoot at least a must :D

Neko Cathy
10-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Woo~! I have 50% of my Janet costume completed! Hopefully I'll be able to make it to Katsucon!
I have yet to see ANYONE cosplay her. If you can pull it off, you got mad skillz. :)

I'm kinda glad to hear more people doing DDR cosplay for next year's Katsucon. This year there were only 3 DDR COSPLAYERS so next year might be interesting. Studmaster might be doing Captain Jack, but it's not confirmed yet.

Link, you and me... on the DDR pad :devil:

Studmaster
10-15-2003, 07:46 AM
I have yet to see ANYONE cosplay her. If you can pull it off, you got mad skillz. :)

I'm kinda glad to hear more people doing DDR cosplay for next year's Katsucon. This year there were only 3 DDR COSPLAYERS so next year might be interesting. Studmaster might be doing Captain Jack, but it's not confirmed yet.

Link, you and me... on the DDR pad :devil:

Consider this a confirmation. I will be Captain Jack at Katsucon.

Rinkun
10-15-2003, 08:36 AM
XD lol, i wanted to do a DDR outfit for over 2 years now...i guess i should start, neh? maybe i should shoot for...Charmy? i always loved her :3

Neko Cathy
10-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Consider this a confirmation. I will be Captain Jack at Katsucon.
SWEET! Can I be your ho?! :D

Ranma Saotome
10-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Go for it Rinkun! Hey Neko Cathy, what about Rage?! :p

Nekobun
10-16-2003, 12:28 AM
Go for it Rinkun! Hey Neko Cathy, what about Rage?! :p

What about Rage? WHAT ABOUT AKIRA?! :bigcry:

Studmaster
10-16-2003, 07:46 AM
SWEET! Can I be your ho?! :D

Yup. Yes you can. :bigtu:

Oshi
10-16-2003, 08:21 AM
Capt. Jack's gonna be pimpin it while Rage, Akira, and I are sulkin in the corner... (I smell a photo op!)

Link Arroway
10-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Capt. Jack's gonna be pimpin it while Rage, Akira, and I are sulkin in the corner... (I smell a photo op!)
Don't worry :D Emi will keep ya'll company.
I have yet to see ANYONE cosplay her. If you can pull it off, you got mad skillz.

Link, you and me... on the DDR pad
Yay, I can't wait :D Katsu is going to be great
All the DDR Cosplay sounds like its going to really cool

Neko Cathy
10-16-2003, 10:51 AM
Ranma, Nekobun.............

So many men, so little time!
How can I lose?
So many men, so little time
How can I choose?

YEA!!!! Gotta love 3rd mix XD

Ranma Saotome
10-16-2003, 12:49 PM
wooohooo!!!!

Rinkun
10-16-2003, 03:30 PM
:D Charmy will give company too! and make you all happy!

"follow the sun, follow the sun, follow the sun up high! Together we'll be, in harmony..."

:3 me luffles 3rd mix...and 4th....Korean XD

Catboi Blues
10-17-2003, 01:15 PM
You can count me in, I'm a DDR fan myself. I'll most likely be going as Lance from DDR PC...or Alice if someone wants me to go as her. Either way I'm good. But if I go as Lance, it would be great if someone would go as Suzy.

http://www.konamihwi.com/DDRPC/ch/characters.html

Ranma Saotome
10-17-2003, 02:50 PM
I think we need like a massive DDR grouping here... Every single character possible!

Ranma Saotome
10-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Official Cosplay List:
-----------------------

Ranma Saotome - 5th Mix Rage
Link Arroway - Emi
NekoCathy - Yuni
Studmaster - Captain Jack
Nekobun - Akira
Noir Lumine - Janet
Jezeroth - 4th Mix Astro
dizzylizzy - 5th Mix Emi
Oshidori - Alice
Catboi Blues - Lance
Kurobara - Ni-Na
Ainsley - 3rd Mix Emi

Rinkun
10-17-2003, 06:19 PM

::looks at Betty and Mr. Spanky::

holy crap, someone must cosplay as them! XDD

Neko Cathy
10-17-2003, 08:04 PM
<<You can count me in, I'm a DDR fan myself. I'll most likely be going as Lance from DDR PC...or Alice if someone wants me to go as her. Either way I'm good. But if I go as Lance, it would be great if someone would go as Suzy.>>
Who da fuck is Lance? Whatever, he looks pretty damn tastey.... BRING HIM IN! :devil:

<<I think we need like a massive DDR grouping here... Every single character possible!>>
OMG yea... I never thought there would be more than 5 DDR cosplayers attending atsu. There might be a Devil Zukin joining us too, I forgot her Cosplay.com name... We need to break a DDR group record :) or at least I won't be one of the very few DDR cosplayer fans.

Hey... think we should do some skit involving the "DDR ALL Stars" song? If we can have a group of no more than 8 DDR cosplayers... it's gonna rock.

<<Jezeroth - 4th Mix Astro>>
Since when did we get an Astro? He show up, I'm giving that cosplayer a glomp and 10 bucks just for walking around in spandex. :bigtu:

Ranma Saotome
10-17-2003, 09:54 PM
Neko Cathy: The DDR-All Stars skit has been done. Won Best in Show. ;)

I know the Devil Zukin you speak of, ayanami_kat. She said she's going to Katsu. ^^

Cyn
10-18-2003, 12:00 AM
How about in my Iori costume, I bring a DDR pad and do a Maiden Masher on it? XD

Rinkun
10-18-2003, 01:58 PM
^^; even if you guys do a skit, i can't be in it, since i promised my friend to be in a DiGi Charat one for her :3

Ranma Saotome
10-18-2003, 11:55 PM
I'm already sold to another skit.

dizzylizzy
10-19-2003, 11:09 AM
:: quietly enters and waves:: hi hi.

the liz would like to join the ddr group. oshi said htere wasn't a 5th mix emi. ^^

i was unable to go to the ddr shoot at otakon due to the art show losing jen's work and such... she had to look through all the work to TRY and find it. ::sighs:: gyah.

anyhow! woooo

Neko Cathy
10-19-2003, 01:38 PM
:: quietly enters and waves:: hi hi.

the liz would like to join the ddr group. oshi said htere wasn't a 5th mix emi. ^^

i was unable to go to the ddr shoot at otakon due to the art show losing jen's work and such... she had to look through all the work to TRY and find it. ::sighs:: gyah.

anyhow! woooo
Blah, shit happens. I missed the Cosplay.com photoshoot and most of the FF8 grouping because I had a major hangover (REAL STUPID MOVE THAT MADE ME FORFEIT MY DDR COMPETITION WHICH I TRAINED FOR A YEAR!) and tried to recover from it :bigcry:. I was a little disappointed about not finding the Emis, but I'm not mad at you guys. No one abandoned the group, it was still a success.... but if it all goes well, this will be a BIGGER DDR photoshoot than Otakon 2003's.

But anyhow, bring her if you can! :D

Link Arroway
10-19-2003, 08:02 PM
Maybe we can get someone to wear a DDR pad :D
I have zip up ddr pads, wearable without ruining em :D I could just get a random friend to wear them, but I dunno if I'll bring them, or I might mod them before them
But its easy and most ddr fans got some old broken pads eh? :D C'mon ^_^

Ranma Saotome
10-19-2003, 09:04 PM
Okay listen... If there is going to be a DDR skit at Katsu, I'm saying this now... DO NOT DO IT TO DDR ALL-STARS "DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION"! That dance skit was done at Anime NEXT, end of story. If you even attempt to do such a skit, heads will roll! :)

Neko Cathy
10-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Okay listen... If there is going to be a DDR skit at Katsu, I'm saying this now... DO NOT DO IT TO DDR ALL-STARS "DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION"! That dance skit was done at Anime NEXT, end of story. If you even attempt to do such a skit, heads will roll! :)

Rage using death threats against a schoolgirl? Better watch it ;)

I'm working on reconvincing my two friends to do the bush vrs Saddam in a DDR matchskit.. but it might be too late to do it, conidering that Saddam is almost found.

Link Arroway
10-19-2003, 09:23 PM
hehe

and hehe well they 'almost' found laden o_O

Romann
10-20-2003, 09:20 AM
Wow...there are a lot more people signed up from when I last read this thread...this is gonna be awsome ^^

Lady Ava
10-20-2003, 10:31 AM
*walks in and waves*

I'm in ^^

I'm cosplaying the girl from "Dream A Dream" by Captain Jack. I <3 the dress and its the only song I can pass on heavy ^^()

Ranma Saotome
10-20-2003, 11:02 AM
Okay... Taking info down... Recorded! ^-^

Cyn
10-20-2003, 11:11 AM
::Smashes a few random DDR Pads in his path in his Iori cosplay. Runs off in search of the next pad.::

Ranma Saotome
10-20-2003, 11:18 AM
Those better not have been Red Octanes!

Neko Cathy
10-20-2003, 11:40 AM
DDR MAKES CNN!

http://premium.cnn.com/pr/video/tech/2003/10/17/eh.big.game.hunt.affl.jsp?(none)

Link Arroway
10-20-2003, 02:35 PM
I can't see the link, do you have to pay to see this link? :3

Neko Cathy
10-20-2003, 03:39 PM
GAH... It worked on my computer just fine...

Go to the "video" and click on sci-tech. Ir's listed there.

Link Arroway
10-20-2003, 06:42 PM
There's a DDR pad in this article's picture :D It looks just like mine :D
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/10/15/hln.game.egm/index.html

there's a link to a video about DDR in this article
I think its the same as what Neko found, I tried clicking video and going from there and it tried to make me sign up for real.com super pass >_>
...you need super pass for it too :\ I guess any CNN Videos :\
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/fun.games/10/17/videogame.phobias.reut/index.html

Maybe they give it to neko for free, who owns CNN? :3

Neko Cathy
10-21-2003, 08:39 AM
*walks in and waves*

I'm in ^^

I'm cosplaying the girl from "Dream A Dream" by Captain Jack. I <3 the dress and its the only song I can pass on heavy ^^()

Ok... you and Studmaster have to ddr together if we can find a US 7th mix game anywhere at the con. :)

Ranma Saotome
10-21-2003, 09:27 AM
*looks at Oshi* I don't think that's gonna be a problem. :D

Lady Ava
10-21-2003, 09:45 AM
Ok... you and Studmaster have to ddr together if we can find a US 7th mix game anywhere at the con. :)

Wee ^_^ That should be fun ^^

I can't wait! I just got the fabrics for it yesterday. ^.^

Ranma Saotome
10-21-2003, 09:54 AM
I'm going to start on 5th Mix Rage in December.

Studmaster
10-21-2003, 02:32 PM

Yes. That should be fun. Since I can do that song on Heavy too, we should attract quite the crowd.

And so to keep the list on the current page.

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme Plus: The Ultimate Extra stage at Katsucon

Select your Character

Link Arroway - Emi
NekoCathy - Yuni
Rinkun - 3rd Mix Charmy
Nekobun - Akira
Noir Lumine - Janet
Oshi - Traine (Rage's cousin from the Long Train Running, Spin the Disc videos)

Jezeroth - 4th Mix Astro
dizzylizzy - 5th Mix Emi
lady_ava - Girl from "Dream A Dream" Captain Jack video
Catboi Blues - Lance

Who else will step up to the Ultimate Dancing Stage and show us their soul? Stayed tune to find out

Lets DDR

Link Arroway
10-21-2003, 04:08 PM
weeee I can't wait :D How is Katsu's game room?

Rinkun
10-21-2003, 06:58 PM
;_; i'm sooooooooo gonna suck. i haven't played DDR in a million years and i know nothing past DDRMAX2

Link Arroway
10-21-2003, 07:14 PM
It doesnt matter if ya suck its all in good fun :D
And ya still got some time to pratice up? :D

Neko Cathy
10-21-2003, 08:15 PM
weeee I can't wait :D How is Katsu's game room?
It kinda sucks and smells... I hope to god they DO NOT put in DWI like they did last time because those people set up their DDR stations HORRIBLY.

Link Arroway
10-21-2003, 08:32 PM
ack, sounds bad :| so where will we play DDR? o_o

Ranma Saotome
10-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Link: Outside on Oshi's laptop! XD

dizzylizzy
10-22-2003, 01:12 AM
outside?! lol but it's coooooold! lmao

btw, i've informed jen (3rd mix emi) about the group forming. she doesn't know what her plans are yet for katsu, so we shall see. : )

Link Arroway
10-22-2003, 09:54 AM
Aww I wanted to be teh third mix :|

or we could just play, inside the hotel? :D
I'll have my cosplay pc ready by then too :D and DDR Pads modded

Neko Cathy
10-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Link: Outside on Oshi's laptop! XD
RIGHT WHERE THE DROP OFF IS TO SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF HOTEL GUESTS! :bigtu: Nothing like being greeted by DDR characters ;) And if you think emi's gonna bee freezing Liz? I'm in a Mini skirt and a t-shirt, shakin' dat ass! Brrrr.... :)

There has to be DDR somewhere at Katsucon. There were these people last year that set up a DDR table (Oshi, 'member where I challenged you after the Cosplay photoshoot?), but they got in trouble by the little pissant Katsucon staff. I dunno why... guess we could ask if we can set up a DDR table. Anyone? :confused:

Link Arroway
10-22-2003, 02:04 PM
RIGHT WHERE THE DROP OFF IS TO SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF HOTEL GUESTS! :bigtu: Nothing like being greeted by DDR characters ;) And if you think emi's gonna bee freezing Liz? I'm in a Mini skirt and a t-shirt, shakin' dat ass! Brrrr.... :)

There has to be DDR somewhere at Katsucon. There were these people last year that set up a DDR table (Oshi, 'member where I challenged you after the Cosplay photoshoot?), but they got in trouble by the little pissant Katsucon staff. I dunno why... guess we could ask if we can set up a DDR table. Anyone? :confused:

Gwarr Lame Katsucon Staff :O Where was this table last year? They might let you organize something like that, but not like we'd want to

dizzylizzy
10-22-2003, 05:13 PM
link~~~ be 3rd mix!!!! don't worry about jen silly. besides, the more the merrier. cuz well, emi rulz!

neko cathy~~~ you're right... this emi won't freeze. lmao i get to wear long pants and a jacket. ::grins::: WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! cuz... emi rules!!! you're going down!!! YEAH!!! GRRRR! lmao

wow... i'm in a strange mood.

Catboi Blues
10-22-2003, 11:27 PM
I feel left out. I'm not on either list.

*sniff*

Studmaster
10-23-2003, 12:06 AM
I'm sorry Catboi. I edited the list to include you.

Neko Cathy
10-23-2003, 08:39 AM
I feel left out. I'm not on either list.

*sniff*
.... who u cosplaying?

Link Arroway
10-23-2003, 10:13 AM
link~~~ be 3rd mix!!!! don't worry about jen silly. besides, the more the merrier. cuz well, emi rulz!

neko cathy~~~ you're right... this emi won't freeze. lmao i get to wear long pants and a jacket. ::grins::: WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! cuz... emi rules!!! you're going down!!! YEAH!!! GRRRR! lmao

wow... i'm in a strange mood.

yay, okay :D
woo, cold is uhm cold :D we could just throw down some mats somewhere off the side and play, and migrate occasionally o_O;
yeah oshi bring your laptop :D I can bring my USB adapters if you dont want to use yours, I'm bringing my pc anyways, but it doesnt have a 14" LCD, but a 5" x_X

Catboi Blues
10-23-2003, 11:29 AM
Thanks Studmaster.

Neko Cathy, I'll be going as Lance from DDR PC.

http://www.konamihwi.com/DDRPC/ch/chimages/select_chara_lance.jpg http://www.konamihwi.com/DDRPC/ch/chimages/select_chara_suzy.jpg (http://www.konamihwi.com/DDRPC/ch/chimages/select_chara_suzy.jpg)

I'm still looking for a Suzy to join me.

Link Arroway
10-25-2003, 01:45 PM
I decided on Raver Emi 3rd Mix version :D

Cyn
10-26-2003, 02:04 AM
I'm not sure if you guys would mind or not. I talked to Ranma...But, here it goes.

I'll be doing an Iori Yagami cosplay. I'm pretty sure everyone's seen the picture of him smashing a DDR pad, in his usual psychotic manner XD Ranma says I should swing by the photoshoot, bring a DDR pad, and just keep smashing it. XP

Think I should, or don't? Your choices. o.o

Ranma Saotome
10-26-2003, 02:44 PM
And Oshidori said she's bringing 5th mix Alice with her...

I'ma gonna need to make a custom DDR mix CD. Who has a boombox? :D

Neko Cathy
10-26-2003, 10:31 PM
I'ma gonna need to make a custom DDR mix CD. Who has a boombox? :D

I'm bringing a CD player and those speakers I had at Otakon. There definitely will be DDR music for our group hng out :)

Another thing: I'm thinking about going to Katsucon for one day... most likely Friday and will be leaving on Saturday afternoon because I'm going to try and save up for Anime Expo next year, and I wasn't too impressed w/ Katsucon 9. Anyone up for doing friday night for the photoshoot?

Ranma Saotome
10-26-2003, 11:02 PM
Depends iuf I can get there by 5PM friday...

Link Arroway
10-27-2003, 10:19 AM
Doesn't matter to me as long as it doesn't overlap KOF thing, or something.. Katsu is still a way off :D

Catboi Blues
10-30-2003, 09:58 AM

Ranma, I've never been to Anime Next before so do you think that you could give me a run down about what that skit was about so that I don't end up repeating it? I have a DDR skit in mind for an upcoming con and I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes.

Jezeroth
11-01-2003, 11:00 PM
Ranma, I've never been to Anime Next before so do you think that you could give me a run down about what that skit was about so that I don't end up repeating it? I have a DDR skit in mind for an upcoming con and I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes.

It was a heavily choreographed dance performance to the song "DDR All Stars" featuring five DDR characters from various mixes, with a variety of dance styles including a pseudo-DDR style step routine, raving, and hip/hop-jazz. It featured the character Astro "performing" the song while the characters in the back did routines. It's also availible at Chocoborancher-anime.com's website under AnimeNEXT, second to last skit to download.

Neko Cathy
11-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info, Jezeroth. That was a pretty awesome video.

For the group hang out, we can do it around Saturday morning/afternoon or Friday. I'm planning to leave to hop on the metro back home around 2pm ish so that should leave us plenty of time... unless you all have other photoshoot schedules.

Nekobun
11-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Friday's probably the best for me, time de whatever, as I'm doing a good job of making myself kind of busy Saturday and/or Sunday with other shoots/groups. Eheheh.

Neko Cathy
11-08-2003, 02:19 AM
How does Friday 9ish sound? Or Saturday morning around 10? (trying to keep the thread going)

Nekobun
11-08-2003, 04:01 AM
Friday 9 (if you mean PM) or early Saturday both seem like they'd both fly pretty well for me. I don't think any of the other stuff I've got slated is horribly complex (unless I get one certain project finished), so it's not like I wouldn't be able to change on the fly if needs be.

Ranma Saotome
11-08-2003, 10:01 AM
I say Saturday round 11AM. ^_^

Lady Ava
11-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Hey everyone. My friend Matt might becoming with me and he's looking for a cosplay group to join. He wants to join up with us, but he doesn't know who to go as, any ideas?

Neko Cathy
11-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Hey everyone. My friend Matt might becoming with me and he's looking for a cosplay group to join. He wants to join up with us, but he doesn't know who to go as, any ideas?

Ahh.... so many DDR characters... (http://www.ddrei.com/chara.php) Depends on what kind of costume and what time and money he has to make the costume. Just please... not another Emi... we already got 3 coming and one of them is going to be Yuni's bitch :p

One character I would love to see show up besides Rage.... the DDR drug lord himself, IZAM. Or a Konsento. There's a suggestion I will throw out, but it doesn't have to be done. If people stick with their commitments, this is going to be an awesome DDR group.

Link Arroway
11-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Ahh.... so many DDR characters... (http://www.ddrei.com/chara.php) Depends on what kind of costume and what time and money he has to make the costume. Just please... not another Emi... we already got 3 coming and one of them is going to be Yuni's bitch :p

One character I would love to see show up besides Rage.... the DDR drug lord himself, IZAM. Or a Konsento. There's a suggestion I will throw out, but it doesn't have to be done. If people stick with their commitments, this is going to be an awesome DDR group.

*looks at Neko Cathy and her new avatar* o_o; scaarrry

Neko Cathy
11-10-2003, 10:14 AM
*looks at Neko Cathy and her new avatar* o_o; scaarrry

Now it's been changed to Cuddles trying to shock himself from Happy Tree Friends. DIGITAL CACTUS AND HIS DVDS ARE POISONING MY MIND! XD

Rinkun
11-11-2003, 07:20 PM
;_; fuu~n, i'm gonna have to pull out of the group. i have too much to work on as it is and another costume will just drive me insane, even though it is simple. sorry. but i'll look out for you all!

::kicks college and lack of job hours::

Studmaster
11-13-2003, 09:12 AM
Sorry to hear that Rinkun. You'll be in the group in spirit though.

I've talked to Kurobara. And she has said that she would bring her Ni-Na to Katsucon, so that's someone else on the roster.

As for the time of the gathering. It seems like the SNK gathering will be on Friday night at this point. So I say the DDR gathering should be on Saturday at 11 AM. (This leaves no one with an excuse about not being able to get up early enough unless something happens)

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme Plus: The Ultimate Extra Stage; At Katsucon

Select your Character

Link Arroway - Emi
NekoCathy - Yuni
Nekobun - Akira
Noir Lumine - Janet
Oshi - Traine (Rage's cousin from the Long Train Running, Spin the Disc videos)
Jezeroth - 4th Mix Astro
dizzylizzy - 5th Mix Emi
lady_ava - Girl from "Dream A Dream" Captain Jack video
Catboi Blues - Lance
Oshidori - 5th Mix Alice
Kurobara - Ni-Na
Ainsley - 3rd Mix Emi*

* = Tenative

Who else will step up to the Ultimate Dancing Stage and show us their soul? Stayed tune to find out.

Lets DDR

Link Arroway
11-13-2003, 09:42 AM
As for the time of the gathering. It seems like the SNK gathering will be on Friday night at this point. So I say the DDR gathering should be on Saturday at 11 AM. (This leaves no one with an excuse about not being able to get up early enough unless something happens)
Sounds good to me! Wouldn't want to clash with the SNK gathering since i'm going to participate in that one as well :D

Kellie
11-13-2003, 10:13 AM
I'm still debating as I'm already bogged with two costumes for Katsucon that are taking my full attention and priority.

Buuuu~t! Because I'm a sucker for anything DDR-related, I've been meaning to do a DDR costume. But the girl I want to do isn't listed and I, sadly, do not know her name.

If you take note in the Spin the Disc Video, she's the girl with the auburn/brown hair tied back and spiked out. She's also in the Look to the Sky video with Alice and Emi. Does anyone know her name or have any clear pictures of her? I know I could certainly play the different stages over and over again until I have a concrete image of her in my head, but when I can't play, I would like to have something to work from.

If I do manage to pull a DDR costume out of my rear, it would probably be the chinese, mandarin collar and white, rave pants version of her. But, as stated, its a great big maybe. I'll leave confirmation probably within the next month.

And as for a skit? ^_^; That I will not be able to partake in.

KuroBara
11-19-2003, 12:47 AM
*peeks into the Katsucon forum*

As Studmaster said I'm...most likely going to Katsucon, so I'll bring Ni-Na. It looks like Emi, but damnit! It isn't Emi! (Emi is cool. It just gets frustrating being mistaken for her) An Izam would be great, I've never seen anyone cosplay him! Friday night / Saturday morning sounds good. This sounds like it'll be a really fun photoshoot! As for skits, I have severe stage fright >_< Count me out!

Ranma Saotome
11-19-2003, 01:07 PM
KuroBara, you got a picture of Ni-Na? I saw someone do a cosplay of her at Anime NEXT. ^^

KuroBara
11-19-2003, 03:58 PM
Taken by Eurobeat King at Nekocon:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=94485&password=&sort=2&size=medium&cat=601&page=7

and here's my references:
http://www.ddrei.com/chara.php?id=23

Ranma Saotome
11-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Awesome!!!!! :D:D:D

KuroBara
11-19-2003, 11:50 PM
Thanks Ranma ^_^

Kellie- I know who you're talking about! I'll play the games next week (boyfriend is bringing PS2 + dance pads for thanksgiving) and see if I can help ya.

Speaking of boyfriends, he's coming to Katsu and wants to cosplay a ddr character too. Maybe Rage? Anyone have suggestions?

Ranma Saotome
11-19-2003, 11:54 PM
No. I am the one and only Rage. :D hehehehehe

But Ni-Na does have a dancing partner from 4th Mix I believe. Hit me up on AIM and I can help you out! ^_^

Ranma Saotome
11-19-2003, 11:57 PM
Found it! ^_^

http://www.ddrei.com/chara.php?id=22

Izam from 4th Mix. That's Ni-Na's dance partner.

BTW, tried to IM you. ^^;;;;

KuroBara
11-20-2003, 01:31 AM
Thanks Ranma. *kicks computer* My IM is being wonky tonight, sorry! We always dance as Emi & Rage, that's why he wants to cosplay him. Hey...there will be more than one Emi, won't they need more than one Rage? ^_~ Neither one of us likes Izam's design.

Neko Cathy
11-20-2003, 09:46 AM
Um... sorry I haven't been posting much, but I'm back.

<<;_; fuu~n, i'm gonna have to pull out of the group. i have too much to work on as it is and another costume will just drive me insane, even though it is simple. sorry. but i'll look out for you all!

::kicks college and lack of job hours::>>
Thanks for letting us know! We're sorry you can't make it. :(

<<As for the time of the gathering. It seems like the SNK gathering will be on Friday night at this point. So I say the DDR gathering should be on Saturday at 11 AM. (This leaves no one with an excuse about not being able to get up early enough unless something happens)>>
That sounds perfect to me.

<<Buuuu~t! Because I'm a sucker for anything DDR-related, I've been meaning to do a DDR costume. But the girl I want to do isn't listed and I, sadly, do not know her name.

If you take note in the Spin the Disc Video, she's the girl with the auburn/brown hair tied back and spiked out. She's also in the Look to the Sky video with Alice and Emi. Does anyone know her name or have any clear pictures of her? I know I could certainly play the different stages over and over again until I have a concrete image of her in my head, but when I can't play, I would like to have something to work from.>>
Traine's chick... I know who you're talking about. I don't quite have her name unfortunately. She was also in Long Train Running video. If you can do her, that would be great since Oshi's cosplaying Traine.

As for picture of her, I got it right here (http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Toys/4630/gallery/bm/units.jpg) and here. (http://home.f08.itscom.net/maruhana/cg/telephone.jpg)

<<As Studmaster said I'm...most likely going to Katsucon, so I'll bring Ni-Na.>>
Awesome... I saw a couple pics of your costume and I'm quite impressed. You make a kick ass Ni-Na.

<<Speaking of boyfriends, he's coming to Katsu and wants to cosplay a ddr character too. Maybe Rage? Anyone have suggestions?>>
If he does Rage, beaware he will be glomped by me... cuz everyone knows I have the hots for Rage and it's the only time I release the fangirlness in me. It'll be just a glomp, nothing else. promise. :p

<<Hey...there will be more than one Emi, won't they need more than one Rage?>>
Too... MANY... EMIS...! WHY... WON'T... THEY... STOP... INVADING....! One of them I might perform a bit of Yuri just for kicks, but it's up to the cosplayer's permission. Back to what you were saying... If he wants to do Rage, bring him. 2 Rages won't hurt. Isn't that right RANMA? :D

Ranma Saotome
11-20-2003, 11:14 AM
Thanks Ranma. *kicks computer* My IM is being wonky tonight, sorry! We always dance as Emi & Rage, that's why he wants to cosplay him. Hey...there will be more than one Emi, won't they need more than one Rage? ^_~ Neither one of us likes Izam's design.

Well... OK! ^_^

I am doing 5th Mix Rage, so perhaps he can do 3rd or 4th? I would prefer alternate costumes than duplicates, ya know? ^^;;;

*goes to update thread*

Ranma Saotome
11-20-2003, 11:20 AM
I shall be putting together a DDR OST for us to chill with for the photoshoot. Right now this is my song list, and I'm looking for another 6 titles or so:

1. Spin The Disk
2. Dream A Dream
3. The Center of My Heart
4. Dance Dance Revolution
5. Dam Dariam
6. B4U
7. Legend of MaxX
8. .59
9. Dynamite Rave

Dance Dance Revolution - Katsucon 10 Mix! We've made it to the end for a new start!

KuroBara
11-20-2003, 12:20 PM
>>Awesome... I saw a couple pics of your costume and I'm quite impressed. You make a kick ass Ni-Na.

*blushes* Thank you Kathy ^_^

>>If he does Rage, beaware he will be glomped by me... cuz everyone knows I have the hots for Rage and it's the only time I release the fangirlness in me. It'll be just a glomp, nothing else. promise.

I'm used to it, he attracts lots of fangirls in his costumes. 'Kaiba! Can I have a hug?!?!' 'Wizard! Can I glomp you?!?' 'TAMAHOME!!!! I WANT TO HAVE YOUR CHILDREN!!!' Ok, the last one didn't really happen, but the point is I'm used to it.

Ranma- no DDR mix is complete without Butterfly! I vote for Dam Dariam too.

Studmaster
11-20-2003, 12:56 PM
B4U - Definetely need a Naoki Track on this besides DDR.

Legend of Max or Max 300 - Whichever one people decide is the best musically.

.59 - When it comes to DJ Taka this is his best "DDR" song IMO

Neko Cathy
11-21-2003, 11:44 AM
.59 - When it comes to DJ Taka this is his best "DDR" song IMO
Disagree- I love his "Tomorrow Perfume" song.

if B4U is added onto the list, make it the 5th mix EXTENDED version. I have the 5th and 7th mix (all Japanese versions) CD :)

Ranma Saotome
11-21-2003, 08:13 PM
Ranma- no DDR mix is complete without Butterfly!

What version! XD

Neko Cathy
11-23-2003, 03:47 PM
Songs to add:

Boom Boom Dollar (both versions)
Dynamite Rave
Legend of MaXx

Ranma Saotome
11-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Added Dam Dariam.

Neko Cathy
11-25-2003, 02:52 PM
Change of PLANS! Something came up and it looks like I might be staying for 3 days. Thought I should spread the word in case something further was planned besides a photoshoot.

Link Arroway
11-25-2003, 04:06 PM
thats awesome :D

I' think I'll try and make a cardboard or foam fake DDR machine for the photoshoot, Ranma suggested it

Neko Cathy
11-25-2003, 04:14 PM
If you have the time, go for the machine! Plus if there's a DDR skit in mind, once again let me know cuz now I can do one.

Link Arroway
11-25-2003, 11:07 PM
:D it will make a good prop to go along with my Emi costume for the DDR stuffs :D

Neko Cathy
11-26-2003, 10:35 PM
will the machine prop be bounceable? You know... Oshi or I go up and bang the shit out of it w/ our Maniac skillz? :p

Link Arroway
12-07-2003, 10:30 PM
will the machine prop be bounceable? You know... Oshi or I go up and bang the shit out of it w/ our Maniac skillz? :p
It won't be a real machine, o_o I don't suppose anyways. Probably a flat look alike. without ddr pads, or flat similar foam ones.

Neko Cathy
12-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Nononnono... dude, I wasn't expecting you to make a REAL DDR machine. :thumbsup: I thought you were going to make the entire thing cardboard and use something for the DDR pads like a crate lid or something.... it's cool that you don't have to make the pads though... maybe we can stick a boom box or something in or behind it that plays DDR music and such...? Just a suggestion.

Ohh... santa Rei comes back? Can I glomp you when you cosplay her?

Link Arroway
12-08-2003, 10:03 AM
Nononnono... dude, I wasn't expecting you to make a REAL DDR machine. :thumbsup: I thought you were going to make the entire thing cardboard and use something for the DDR pads like a crate lid or something.... it's cool that you don't have to make the pads though... maybe we can stick a boom box or something in or behind it that plays DDR music and such...? Just a suggestion.

Okay, I was thinking you ment such, but I was confused and tired and said anyways. :D Yeah, I'll use foamboard with duct tape reinforcement for the pads I believe, I could just bring real pads, but that is a lot more hassle, I could add velcro so I could just stick them on the back of the ddr machine when i'm done :D If only I had a LCD TV or something I could stick behind it so we could really use it to play DDR :cool: The music is cool, since we'll have it anyways for the photoshoot and group stuff?

Yeah, Rei :D glomp away, I don't mind as long as you don't knock me over.

Neko Cathy
12-08-2003, 01:10 PM
Yeah, Rei :D glomp away, I don't mind as long as you don't knock me over.
Or grab your fake boobs :p

Link Arroway
12-08-2003, 11:24 PM
:P No matter, they are fake anyways, regardless of how real they feel :P Makes for some hilarious pictures sometimes too.

Neko Cathy
12-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Yuni and Emi doing yuri.... splendid! :D

=hiei= (^_^)
12-10-2003, 01:01 AM

hello there! :)... does nebody played ddr at nekocon?... it sux tho (my friends pad) - my friend told me that thers gonna be a real ddr machine n someones sponsoring it (i hope its extreme.. freakin paranoia survivor oni...it kills me :sulk: )... nebody played max period (we call it max impossible cause it goes 600 bpm on the last part of the song, makes u wanna quit ddr:waaaah: ) on the pad?. neway, m gnna be akira at katsu, with my friends group...

lates
aznflip

Neko Cathy
12-10-2003, 10:26 AM
hello there! :)... does nebody played ddr at nekocon?... it sux tho (my friends pad) - my friend told me that thers gonna be a real ddr machine n someones sponsoring it (i hope its extreme.. freakin paranoia survivor oni...it kills me :sulk: )... nebody played max period (we call it max impossible cause it goes 600 bpm on the last part of the song, makes u wanna quit ddr:waaaah: ) on the pad?. neway, m gnna be akira at katsu, with my friends group...

Linkarroway, Oshi and Stud (as far as I know) went to Nekocon... Oshi would be the big DDR player from this group stepping before me (grrr... but I made best DDR female player in the area at the Anime USA tournament). I almost went... but VA beach is too far away from where I'm at.

As for a machine... are you asking about Katsu? Hah, that place is GHETTO and had the most disorganized DDR tournament ever held last year! They pimped out w/ soft pads instead because the metal ones broke XD Don't expect much good DDR at Katsu... most of the DDR stations (which were all DWI computer hook ups... most retarded thing ever) had crappy pads.

Thanks for volunteering to be akira btw... cuz I'll be yours and nekobun's (also going as Akira) Yuni. :p

Link Arroway
12-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Linkarroway, Oshi and Stud (as far as I know) went to Nekocon... Oshi would be the big DDR player from this group stepping before me (grrr... but I made best DDR female player in the area at the Anime USA tournament). I almost went... but VA beach is too far away from where I'm at.

As for a machine... are you asking about Katsu? Hah, that place is GHETTO and had the most disorganized DDR tournament ever held last year! They pimped out w/ soft pads instead because the metal ones broke XD Don't expect much good DDR at Katsu... most of the DDR stations (which were all DWI computer hook ups... most retarded thing ever) had crappy pads.

Thanks for volunteering to be akira btw... cuz I'll be yours and nekobun's (also going as Akira) Yuni. :p
If I mod my DDR pads, want me to bring them up if I can?

Neko Cathy
12-10-2003, 01:24 PM
If I mod my DDR pads, want me to bring them up if I can?
For the photoshoot? Take your time, don't hassel. Get your Emi costume done first, ok? Then worry about the cardboard DDR machine and then the pads. But if for the tournament... they DEFINITELY won't allow it. One of the things that screwed the tryouts was that they used up a LOT of time to taping down DDR mats, hooking them back up... it's too much of a hassel.

One thing we all got to do... get a DDR pad cosplayer. I dunno if we have one in the group.... but if we have one, he/she lies down on the floor and all the DDR character cosplayers put their foot on the pad and make it look like we're stomping on it or something... something random and stupid. :crest:

chibistarpower
12-12-2003, 12:53 AM
hey cathy! i cosplayed emi a while back lol

Neko Cathy
12-12-2003, 06:57 AM
hey cathy! i cosplayed emi a while back lol
Care to join?

chibistarpower
12-13-2003, 12:51 AM
hmm possibly, i need a new wig , lol

Ranma Saotome
12-15-2003, 01:42 PM
The list has changed, I hope you all are watching! ^_^

Next week I'll post a new revised thread.

Neko Cathy
12-18-2003, 10:36 AM
Ok... another thing to discuss... We got the time and day set to do the DDR photoshoot, but exactly WHERE do we want to throw it? For you last year Katsu goers, I was thinking about throwing it near the main event hall... because I'm getting the idea that most people are keeping their word and if so, we got a HUGE group, inculding to find where we can stick the DDR machine prop without people stepping or running into it.

Any ideas?

Toastersix
12-18-2003, 04:31 PM
lmao. You need a DDR mat cosplayer, eh? Well, I may be able to do it. hehe. That'd just be too funny. When was the time fer yer photoshoot? I have so much to attend... but this would be one thing I won't wanna miss. heh

Neko Cathy
12-18-2003, 10:25 PM
lmao. You need a DDR mat cosplayer, eh? Well, I may be able to do it. hehe. That'd just be too funny. When was the time fer yer photoshoot?

Saturday @ 11 am

Link Arroway
12-19-2003, 09:26 AM
For the photoshoot? Take your time, don't hassel. Get your Emi costume done first, ok? Then worry about the cardboard DDR machine and then the pads. But if for the tournament... they DEFINITELY won't allow it. One of the things that screwed the tryouts was that they used up a LOT of time to taping down DDR mats, hooking them back up... it's too much of a hassel.

One thing we all got to do... get a DDR pad cosplayer. I dunno if we have one in the group.... but if we have one, he/she lies down on the floor and all the DDR character cosplayers put their foot on the pad and make it look like we're stomping on it or something... something random and stupid. :crest:
no not for the tourney :3, to play ddr on, or act like it for the shoot :D.. uhh hmm.. yes Emi comes first, count on it!

Neko Cathy
12-19-2003, 11:34 PM
wow.. took long enough to respond. Or did Final Fantasy XI rob your soul and time? :p

Studmaster
01-05-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm sure that having it on the bottom floor near the main events room is the best place for this one.

Neko Cathy
01-05-2004, 08:07 PM
cool. 2 votes. Anyone else have any objections or a better idea?

Another thing to add: Since Katsucon is coming in 5 weeks (time really does fly!), I might be PMing most of you guys to make sure who's coming for sure and to keep tract of the group size.

Ranma Saotome
01-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Hey, whatever works. ^_^

Link Arroway
01-11-2004, 10:13 AM
sooounds good to me :D

Cyn
01-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Can I smash the DDR Mat cosplayer in my Iori outfit? o.o

Ranma Saotome
01-15-2004, 08:49 PM
I thought we went over this. Yes.

Neko Cathy
01-23-2004, 10:44 PM
PMs have been filed. Spaces are still open if anyone cares to join.

chrisscrewball
02-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Hey I just noticed this thread!!! Jenny, you should have sent me an IM bout this one. You know I'm in!!!

Neko Cathy
02-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Hey I just noticed this thread!!! Jenny, you should have sent me an IM bout this one. You know I'm in!!!
Dude, I told you about it while hanging out in DC ^^ I thought you knew.

Sexy Akiras be coming to town, r0war.

And Yuni will be pimping ALL of them :D

Ranma Saotome
02-07-2004, 10:03 AM
What? No love for Rage? ;.;

Neko Cathy
02-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Don't worry... I will pimp you too in front of Emi :devil:

Nekobun
02-07-2004, 05:11 PM
Two Akiras... with the same real first name too... SPACE TIME WARPAGE. o_O_o