PDA

View Full Version : TYPE-MOON Cosplay Thread

Miyazawa_Lulu
12-21-2010, 11:10 AM
I've been looking for a thread that covered the needs not only of Fate cosplayers like this one (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=112718), but of every cosplayer wanting to do a character from the NasuVerse :3 As this includes mainly visual novel software, I decided to open it in this subforum (I hope I'm not making a mistake!).

So, any cosplayers doing characters from Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukihime, Fate/, Melty Blood, Canaan... are welcomed here! Feel free to discuss any problems, ask for help, and post your cosplays ^^

Right now, I'm making Rin's default costume, but I'd love to go as Ryougi Shiki in the future! And it'd be perfect if I found contacts that were more or less similar to her Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, but seems like I'm asking for too much and I'll have to buy a pair of blue or purple ones in the less natural shade I can find ;_;

tsutaya
12-23-2010, 10:28 AM
There was actually another thread it just happened to died pretty hard XD

Im going to be doing Sion Atlasia in spring for a con.

For shiki you can find contacts that are blue with a bit of pink. I forget the name of the contact but you should be able to find them in most contact shops online.

Miyazawa_Lulu
01-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Really? Aw, that's a shame XD (but it doesn't surprise me, after all the franchise is not that popular ^^u). Hope we can see photos of your Sion, good luck with her :3

The thing about the contacts is that I think I remembered seeing something similar a few times while browsing contact sites, way before I watched KnK, but now I'm starting to think I imagined it, as I can't find anything that'd look good... there are those flashy blue contacts that would get me her "unnatural" look, but they're all one solid color. And there are circle lenses with two or more different color rings inside that are a little bit more faithful, but I'm afraid they'd give me a cute big-eye look and that's not what I'm looking for. So, if I don't find something closer, I'll probably don't wear contacts when/if I ever finish that cosplay ^^u

Right now, I must concentrate on Rin anyway :3 I'm working on her shirt right now, and I've already made a kind of reusable stencil of her Command Spell to paint it in my hand as good as possible: http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7052/p2312101902.jpg

Assiduity
04-19-2011, 07:45 PM
I was looking for a TYPE-MOON forum! Glad someone posted this one!
Even though Fate/Stay Night is more done, there's other things as well, such as Shingetsutan Tsukihime!
Very happy to see there are more TYPE-MOON fans! :D

I'm planning on cosplaying Saber, from Fate/Stay Night, but I haven't decided from what version yet!
I was thinking of starting off with Saber Lily, but I keep going back to her first outfit, the blue dress!
Also, I hate to ask this, but what color do you think fits Saber most?
I've seen lots of people go with Platinum blonde, but it seems darker than that to me. : /