PDA

View Full Version : On "original" costumes

Admin
10-14-2003, 12:50 AM
I've had a few PM's about what constitutes an "original" costume as it pertains to this photoshoot. We'd like to do a photoshoot showcasing original designs, be they a specific character or just a generic outfit. This would not include anything that would be confused with a specific show, like an obvious "LotR-movie hobbit" or a new version of an existing character. Being inspired from a show is one thing but it should be something that noone could confuse with anything else - original.

CinsAngel
10-15-2003, 11:12 AM
How About costumes based off RP characters from exsisting Genres? (Star Wars RPG characters, etc)

Cins

sakura yuna
10-15-2003, 02:57 PM
How about using an a person like Yuna from FFX-2 but make an original costume for her...would that count as original?

Admin
10-16-2003, 03:38 AM
Original as in "would not be mistaken for something else" :)

So a stormtrooper or jedi or a Yuna variation wouldn't work, no.

If we don't get any interest in this event we'll either open it up to everything or cancel it.

Sana-chan
10-16-2003, 08:38 AM
Just out of curiosity, how come no minors would be allowed at this event?

CinsAngel
10-16-2003, 11:12 AM
*L* Oh Drat. I was really hoping This would work for RPG character costumes, since most of my original stuff is based on that sort of thing. *is a cruddy Fashion designer*
Any Chance it might open up to that?
Not like I don't have ideas on what else to do.;)
Cins

Aiji Sasayaki
10-16-2003, 11:24 AM
Um, how about the character in my avatar (the nurse with red hair.) It's an original character I drew, and I plan to wear it for A-Kon. Would it pass?

duck
10-16-2003, 04:16 PM
Be a fairy, Cindy!

Spooky Brew
10-16-2003, 07:28 PM
Then Cindy should come over to my place with Kusanagi and Marth so we can have a design fest!!! YEEHAW!!!

Admin
10-16-2003, 07:39 PM
Sana: That was a mistake, minors are fine for this event. It'll be like the campout was, where you'll have to have a guardian sign the model release for you. :)

Aiji: Actually, what you're suggesting is exactly what we're looking for. :)

Daitenshi
10-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Yes!!! This is the perfect opportunity to get nice pictures of my ice blue halloween costume from last year *_*

CinsAngel
10-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Duck >*L* I'm thinknig Fairie OR trying to get my Can-CanGoyle costume together. Depends on how big a wreak I am With "Taming Of The Shrew" going on.;) Either or, we still might make a fun team!

Spooky>>*LOL* I might have to work the day before..but if I don't, maybe you three can drive up with me? I'll keep you posted on my schdeual.:)

Cins

Spooky Brew
10-16-2003, 10:32 PM
I'm saying like time wise here through the Nov. 8th!
Not the day before! lol I'd never have enough time!! ^_^

Pink Bunnie
10-16-2003, 11:53 PM
I'm so happie you posted this. I was workin on an original winter angel costume for Halloween in Vegas. Our plans fell thru so I stopped. But now I've a place to wear it again XD *happie Mel* <3

Daitenshi
10-16-2003, 11:56 PM
I'm so happie you posted this. I was workin on an original winter angel costume for Halloween in Vegas. Our plans fell thru so I stopped. But now I've a place to wear it again XD *happie Mel* <3

You'd come out just for this photoshoot? Loooooooove!! *o*

Dark Vision
10-19-2003, 06:43 AM
OMG, why did this one have to be the first one... not enough time to make werid outrageous stuff, i'll guess i'll keep my OC simple then.

I might as well ask this now. Weapon policy is..<insert weapon policy>...
since my OC design will be based off what fun and deadly(hehe go foam sword!!) implements i can bring.

Sagara-san
10-19-2003, 07:24 PM
HERE I "POST" TO SAVE THE *inhales tons of oxygen*, original cosplay photoshoot that Admin came up with which by the way is a great idea, DAY! I'm postin' cuz I have the perfect place to reference original cosplay. That place is a website called "NEWGROUNDS.COM". Just go to www.newgrounds.com and you will be able to witness sooo many different original ideas for the original cosplay photoshoot. Don't worry, the flash game and movie makers aren't under a strict patent pending for cosplaying their characters. So check it out and GO FOR IT!

CinsAngel
10-20-2003, 12:41 AM
Oooh I REALLY hope this doesn't get canceled! I love doing my own original designs:)
Tell your friends everyone!:)

Cins

cyrwrynn
10-20-2003, 01:25 AM
Count me in, I will try to get my butt up there as Firana in her Princess outfit. ^-^~ I really need pics of her. BTW what kind of camera will you be using...

-Tails

Kusanagi
10-20-2003, 05:39 PM
HERE I "POST" TO SAVE THE *inhales tons of oxygen*, original cosplay photoshoot that Admin came up with which by the way is a great idea, DAY! I'm postin' cuz I have the perfect place to reference original cosplay. That place is a website called "NEWGROUNDS.COM". Just go to www.newgrounds.com and you will be able to witness sooo many different original ideas for the original cosplay photoshoot. Don't worry, the flash game and movie makers aren't under a strict patent pending for cosplaying their characters. So check it out and GO FOR IT!

That STILL wouldn't constitute "original"...

LLC
10-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Does the costume character have to have a particular name?

Is there a particular theme that is being looked at?

Admin
10-22-2003, 02:15 AM
Anything original is fine, name not required. If you have something you can describe it with that'd be cool though.

Tetsugyu
10-22-2003, 04:20 AM
Mine will be bordeline, as it happens to be a persona of mine, which relates to a character I cosplay.

Wait...NO not Pimp$ugyu, in case anyone thought that.

No, I will be cosplaying an online Persona of mine. This costume might be going against the rules, but I think it'll be ok. If not I won't get pictures taken of me. Seeing you guys will be worth the trip. I don't want to spoil it so I will keep it a secret for now. I might be coming. Might get a ride. Hope I see you all there!

Sozoku Reed
10-27-2003, 02:25 PM
Oh noooooooooooooo, this would have been perfect, totally perfect for me and my mana but nooooo the distance... the distance... I wanna die =p

Sagara-san
10-28-2003, 05:09 AM
That STILL wouldn't constitute "original"...

Yeah now that I think of it your right cuz it has to be your own idea and

imagination and not someone elses.

aimee
10-30-2003, 03:00 PM
I'll be going! ^_^ Fairy costume for me!

Yuna
11-08-2003, 01:49 AM
Man... and here was thinking it would be okay to cosplay beach-wear Mr. Hanky...