PDA

View Full Version : Mehron Barrier Spray

KradsLover
12-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Disclaimer: I am not a professional stylist, I do not attend cosmetology school, I am self taught with all hair styling and make-up application. My opinion is not that of a trusted and paid professional. I am not advertising these products, not truly. I just happened to buy them and I'm giving you my OPINION (which is always up for debate) on them. You don't have to go out and buy these if you do not want them. If you already own said product(s), please leave me your comments on them, I'd like to know how they work for others.

Name of Product: Mehron Barrier Spray

Where Purchased: Hot Topic

Product Description: A clear liquid spray that sets and waterproofs makeup designs and can protect sensitive skin from highly pigmented makeup, adhesives, and appliance applications. Reduces makeup transfer (on back of product).

Pros:
Small lightweight bottle
Easy to apply
Dries fast
Doesn't irritate (my) skin
Makeup doesn't run

Cons:
Smells like hairspray
Spray part clogs up
Sticky if you miss face

Overall Rating: 9.0

Detailed Review:
In all honesty, this was bought on a whim. It was half a month after Halloween and a bunch of the old makeup stuff was on sale at Hot Topic. I saw this and remembered at a bunch of the conventions I go to, it gets really hot with everyone packed in together that my make up runs. I figured for $3 it was worth a shot.

It sat in my room, forgotten until just last week.

I had been wearing makeup to work more recently, because winter means zit season for me, and I was tired of it melting from the giant heaters I have to sit under. After I moisturized my face and put on my CoverGirl Aqua Smooth foundation and set it with some Maybelline Dream Matte powder (only telling you what I use to show how it affects this type of makeup) I grabbed the little bottle and held it far from my face, giving a few spritz.

It smelled very bad. But it dried rather quickly. Through out the day I reached up and touched my face, to check my make up. It didn't even rub off on my hands.

During my lunch break I ate a P'zone, with the sauce. I used a napkin constantly and I checked it, no make up on the napkin. Not even when I rubbed a little too hard to get some sauce off my cheek.

For such a little bottle, it looks like it's going to last me a while. It's perfect for any type of makeup (so it says) and I think it'll work great for conventions when I have to slather on foundation to give myself an even skin tone and to make myself appear less feminine (yes, makeup equals manliness!).

Washing it off is pretty easy too. I use just plain soap and water, then put on a moisturizer afterwards. So far it hasn't clogged my pores or irritated my skin. No new acne or rashes have appeared so I think it's a good choice for my skin type. I'm not too sure how it'll work for more sensitive skin though.

I strongly recommend this product. Just remember to take off the spray part and run it under warm water once in a while to keep it from clogging.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/b/0/0/af/f/AAAACxbEENIAAAAAAK_yvQ.jpg?v=1266184501000

Kitsoru
12-23-2010, 08:34 AM
I was thinking about grabbing this or one of a similar product, but I have a question- does it spray on as a fine mist? Or is it like... I dunno how to describe it but typical spraypump spray XD Like a hairspray bottle usually spits out (droplets or ..idk, spittle XD)

KradsLover
12-23-2010, 03:29 PM
I was thinking about grabbing this or one of a similar product, but I have a question- does it spray on as a fine mist? Or is it like... I dunno how to describe it but typical spraypump spray XD Like a hairspray bottle usually spits out (droplets or ..idk, spittle XD)

Darnit I knew I forgot to include something. But yeah, it sprays out in a wide diameter fine mist, IF you remember to check the bottle for clogs before hand. I always spray it into the sink just to be sure.

If it comes out like little droplets or is a forced stream, undo the top and run it under warm water. Maybe take a toothpick and scratch it at the lil' opening.