PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Is On Your Mind (Not About Cosplay) Warning: contains some adult content

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Axelai
12-24-2010, 11:51 PM
As a parallel to the other thread.

Whats on your mind thats NOT about cosplay? c:

ShinobiXikyu
12-25-2010, 12:05 AM
The Futurama Xmas elves/Neptunians song.... the whole "We are free and fairly sober with so many toys to build, the machines are kind of tricky, probably someone will be killed...."
....had it in my head since YESTERDAY. X__X ARGH. Go figure I don't own THAT DVD with the episode so I can play it and get it outta my head.

And, CHRISTMAS! YAY! PRESENTS SOON! (I got one piece early; gorrrrrgeous sapphire earrings. n_n)

Alyxiane
12-25-2010, 01:46 AM
Been watching that Ghost Adventures marathon all day. I realize now how I actually love that show. :P

LilMaibe
12-25-2010, 02:01 AM
How creepy and depressing Spongebob is once you take away the 'funny talking animals' and look at the brasstaks... (it seriously is)

Eau de Decus
12-25-2010, 03:36 AM
Dear Steam,

Please stop with the amazing holiday deals. It hurts.

Sincerely,

My wallet

Cadmium Polyphony
12-25-2010, 04:45 AM
Didnt we have an off-topic forum before?

I think it was closed because of how 'odd' it got, or something.

Or...am I confusing this with another site?

EDIT: Just read the rules post.

Funny, as I clicked on it, I said to myself "I'm gonna feel really stupid if it is mentioned that there was once a forum like this before here" because I had just asked that question.

...okay, the feeling has passed.

Axelai
12-25-2010, 04:51 AM
Didnt we have an off-topic forum before?

I think it was closed because of how 'odd' it got, or something.

Or...am I confusing this with another site?

Check the rules in this forum: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=228380

Admin explains all.

Alexander VI
12-25-2010, 05:15 AM
My mind is on my girlfriend right now. Hard times.

kuroki-neko
12-25-2010, 02:02 PM
im just thinking how im going to be alone on the holidays..

Gypsyangelf4i
12-25-2010, 02:10 PM
im just thinking how im going to be alone on the holidays..

With the internet, you're never alone. You have us. *hugz*

CosplayCinema
12-25-2010, 02:31 PM
I've been thinking about this whole...moving thing :/ stupid military I was suppose to graduate next december and i wont be graduating at my school....i'll be graduating in some school in oklahoma....how annoying v.v

KaleiDoVi
12-25-2010, 10:06 PM
This is the first time our state has gotten snow on Christmas in like 100-something years. :D I LOVE IT. =DDDDD
My sis caught 20 snowflakes in her mouth and made a mush(snow+grass) angel. XD
And we made a little snowman on my dad's truck. We named him Jimmy. But, sadly, Jimmy never made it past his first Christmas. :'( We were just standing there, being happy little children, and we heard a SPLAT. And Jimmy was a mushball on the ground. T^T And I tried to make a snow gravestone, but it turned up as a skull. ;~; So we're saying he committed suicide and layed the skull next to him.
R.I.P. Jimmy the midget snowman. What was so terrible about that truck? D:

CosplayCinema
12-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Might be pregnant.....if i am this was to unplanned, unwanted, i'm scared what will happen if i tell my extremely strict mom......or what if it's all in the head and just by chance i'm sick? All these things are just pestering me so....whats worse is the father is only 15 and i'm going to be 18. .-.

Alyxiane
12-26-2010, 12:26 AM
^ Stay strong if it does happen. Don't think too ahead and wait 'til the time comes so that the results can be properly confirmed whether or not you are pregnant.

CosplayCinema
12-26-2010, 12:32 AM
I know....it just hurts in my chest of the pain and even....my head from crying...

Alyxiane
12-26-2010, 01:19 AM
Just keep reminding to yourself that you might not be pregnant after all.
Hope for the best; prepare for the worst as they say.

(I should just put a disclaimer that I'm not so good at comforting people. I just don't like anyone suffering like that. I hope things get better for you. D: )

CosplayCinema
12-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Well I'm testing tomorrow....hopefully this will verify the truth and ease me....but then again if it is true it can hurt me badly...

Alyxiane
12-26-2010, 01:22 AM
*give you a big hug* I wish you for the best then~ ^^

CosplayCinema
12-26-2010, 01:23 AM
-hugs back- thanks

Flora88
12-26-2010, 03:05 AM
Get a digital one, yo. Leave no room for misinterpretation. And good luck.

J.Kazama
12-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Why it's SO COLD in here?! T_T This island in the Caribbean never gets cold...at least in the southeast part...Why, Why, WHY?! =(

Well I'm testing tomorrow....hopefully this will verify the truth and ease me....but then again if it is true it can hurt me badly...

Hope everything goes well!

IAmShorty
12-26-2010, 12:53 PM
@ CosplayCinema I pray everything works out for you! :)

Thinking about depression and how it comes in the weirdest times...

nannyogg
12-26-2010, 07:23 PM
@cosplaycinema: Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS!!!!

marshmallowpie
12-26-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm so tired, I keep yawning... but by the time I'm ready to go to sleep, I won't be tired anymore. :\

Fabulousity
12-26-2010, 08:11 PM
@cosplaycinema IDK if you meant Sunday or Monday when you said tomorrow, but I'll be praying for you. I hope everything turns out alright. But either way, you can get through this.

kuroki-neko
12-26-2010, 08:13 PM
im not commenting on cinimas thing but im glad im 19 and a virgin !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :/ i have not even had my first kiss or ever been loved ....

Axelai
12-26-2010, 10:37 PM
I love how everyone is saying how the movie Inception is so original, etc, when its a blatant obvious copy of Paprika.

Might be pregnant.....if i am this was to unplanned, unwanted, i'm scared what will happen if i tell my extremely strict mom......or what if it's all in the head and just by chance i'm sick? All these things are just pestering me so....whats worse is the father is only 15 and i'm going to be 18. .-.

I had a scare like that when i was 15... ^^; So just stay strong. Go to Planned Parenthood and get checked, or buy a test at a store. If you stress yourself out over it, you'll end up delaying your period and stress yourself more. I thought i was pregnant once because i missed a period, and i had missed it because i was so stressed over it... don't do that to yourself!

Lightane
12-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Good luck CosplayCinema ^^ My sister went through something similar except the father left her and claimed it wasn't his baby. She unfortunately had a miscarriage.

For me that same sister is on my mind. I want to help her stop doing drugs and such, but I feel that if I do I'll lose her love.

Rainbowgasm
12-27-2010, 12:09 AM
this ham tastes good... but its getting cold ;_;

kuroki-neko
12-27-2010, 12:12 AM
this ham tastes good... but its getting cold ;_;

sprinke on some garlic powder and pepper and it should be fine

Lithium Flower
12-27-2010, 12:29 AM
Note to anyone looking at making tasty food stuffs: Buy those little canned potatoes. Paprika the hell out of them. Fry them. Also some salt n' pepper. NOM.

I feel very proud that my boyfriend survived Christmas day at my family's house with my aunt, two uncles,mother,grandmother,3 cousins and one with a child, and my sister. He did very well. Love dat boy I do.

On more than one occasion when I look around me and see friends smiling back I wonder how I ended up so lucky. All in all the past several years have turned out to be incredibly difficult in more ways than I care to imagine and discuss but somehow I've woken up and things have changed. My entire world is different and I don't always know what to do with it, like being in a constant dream state where your afraid to wake up and have lost everything. For being the girl who never minded being alone and going to prom dateless, for being the person who never needed friendship and always said being on my own was better I am suddenly surrounded by people that I adore. I've gone to bed and woken up a different me. I have to keep telling myself "It's no use going back to yesterday, I was a different person then"

nannyogg
12-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Note to anyone looking at making tasty food stuffs: Buy those little canned potatoes. Paprika the hell out of them. Fry them. Also some salt n' pepper. NOM.

Mmm nom nom! Thanks for the tip!

HidingintheMist
12-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Its just fully hit me that I'm graduating in June and will finally have something I've always wanted: more freedom.

But at the same time, I know I'll just mope around for awhile when its actually happened.

Volnixshin
12-27-2010, 01:43 AM
We have five feet of snow and rising

WHY IS MY FATHER ON THE LAWN MOWER?!

BsWN
12-27-2010, 10:31 AM
I now understand those tissue commercials where the dry tissues set that kid's nose on fire O.O My nose feels like it's bleeding and on fire at the same time... I hate being sick. =(

Bluez
12-27-2010, 12:35 PM
I only got $500 for christmas this year.. i guess there really is a recession going on...I hadn't noticed till now.

kuroki-neko
12-27-2010, 12:47 PM
idk anymore i want to die im sick of this world

Thelchterya
12-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Went and saw Tangled yesterday. My thoughts:

-Nice soundtrack. Mr. Menken, you've done it again!
-Mother Grothel outsang everyone.
-Somebody give that horse an Oscar! XD
-I really wanted to hug the king...

And finally...

-the ending reminded me a little too much of Beauty and the Beast but it was good all the same.

If you haven't seen it, I do recommend it. <3

Bluez
12-27-2010, 01:18 PM
I have to 2nd that. I saw Tangled on christmas. I thought it was really well done.

kuroki-neko
12-27-2010, 01:23 PM
i don't go to the movies anymore hence i have no one to go with

Clyde_2.0
12-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Had a sorta-nightmare last night. In it I was bitten by a really fatty Black Widow but I wasn't scared, like, at all. Figures that the first dream I actually remember having in ages is about spiders.

CosplayCinema
12-27-2010, 01:32 PM
TTATT -relieved- i'm not pregnant....turns out the day i was ganna test i started my cycle

Lithium Flower
12-27-2010, 01:42 PM
TTATT -relieved- i'm not pregnant....turns out the day i was ganna test i started my cycle

Congrads on the not baby! YEAH!

Wait what.

Flora88
12-27-2010, 01:45 PM

YAY! I totally prayed for you. It was kind of weird. "Dear God, please help CosplayCinema." Lol.

But good for you. :heart:

Bluez
12-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Say no to babies!

Lithium Flower
12-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Say no to babies!

For some reason this struck me as hilarious. Like it's an anti-drug advert only..you know for babies.

kuroki-neko
12-27-2010, 01:50 PM
feh im 19 and virgin i bet im the only one

Lithium Flower
12-27-2010, 01:57 PM
feh im 19 and virgin i bet im the only one

I've got you beat. I am 21 and a virgin. OH SNAPPU

Flora88
12-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Kuroki neko, you're too hard on yourself.

kuroki-neko
12-27-2010, 02:07 PM
well i was not id de in this crazy world

and flower im single if ur interested

CosplayCinema
12-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks everyone for praying means a lot since most of you don't even know me :< now that i'm feeing better whats on my mind now is how annoying my dog is.....I walk down stairs he has to be down stairs, if i'm in the kitchen he tries to sneak into the kitchen if i'm in the bathroom he has to be right outside the door if i'm asleep in bed he jumps on the bed and tries to lay with me. if i'm laying down on the bed with my feet hanging off he walks back and forth by my feet pressing on them and if i'm sitting on the floor he comes over and shoves me and puts his head on mine, messes up my hair and leans on me....<.< he needs to stop being so needy...

Lithium Flower
12-27-2010, 02:36 PM
I think I am starting to see why they closed the off-topic forums..

Fabulousity
12-27-2010, 02:39 PM
@cosplaycinema *lets out sigh of relief* Oh good. That's a really scary thing, and I was worried about you.

@Flora88 Yeah, I was saying the same thing!!! It was kind of weird, but I'm sure God knew who we were talking about.

CosplayCinema
12-27-2010, 02:42 PM
yea it was scary but now that that stage is over and I'm calm and such i can stop worrying about money for that and continue with my calculations on doing my kairi cosplay :3

caisse
12-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Thats not weird or anything XD i still know my first crush's name and birthday and i have even found him on myspace he is still cute XD

It's just funny to me, if anything. Even my parents told me I'd go back to him at some point in my life. Haha. We'll just see if it ends up working out now that we're not in 7th grade.

CosplayCinema
12-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes, my Puppy~ He loves to jump on me when ever I'm walking around and follow me where I go. The strange thing is that he doesn't like being held. My old dog loved being held.

i'm sure my dog would love to be picked up and held but he is like...taller then me when he stands up so that would be a no go XD

CosplayCinema
12-27-2010, 02:46 PM
It's just funny to me, if anything. Even my parents told me I'd go back to him at some point in my life. Haha. We'll just see if it ends up working out now that we're not in 7th grade.

Thats the way to go :3 there is nothing wrong with trying. My crush was from elementry though XD

sailortintin
12-27-2010, 02:50 PM
i'm sure my dog would love to be picked up and held but he is like...taller then me when he stands up so that would be a no go XD

My old dog was pretty big XD~ I spoiled him I guess. When he was a little puppy, I held him daily. And when he got bigger, it was no different.

kuroki-neko
12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
os now bac to normal stuff just got done playing ddr im all sweaty and shirtless and i have to say i look like major armstrong haha :p got a AA+ on a hard song :D lol the weghted vest i got matches my roy mustang cosplay lolz

hopefuly the next con i go to will make me feel better :/ i feel like garra was when he was a kid, just wants to be loved and understood

CosplayCinema
12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
My old dog was pretty big XD~ I spoiled him I guess. When he was a little puppy, I held him daily. And when he got bigger, it was no different.

my dog was big when we got him but i have never spoiled him if anything i've been somewhat angry towards him, if i yell at him he wags his tail if i spank him on the butt for chewing on stuff and being on the bed he will leave for a minute and come back...i think he likes the abuse? XD oh geez...my dog is a weirdo

Bluez
12-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Clingy BFs are the worse. next time he does it you look him straight in the eye and say; "I'm I the female in this relationship or are you? Get off my back, monkey!"

It will hurt his feeling for a bit but he will start to catch on.

Kildread
12-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Clingy BFs are the worse. next time he does it you look him straight in the eye and say; "I'm a the female in this relationship or are you? Get off my back, monkey!"

That'd be hilarious XD

Too bad the message normally doesn't get across to those guys.

Rainbowgasm
12-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Fabricland 40-75% off sale... I thought I would BARELY have enough for my Sandplay Kaito outfit and I ended up with it AND Ciel's dress... 8D I know its cosplay but... if anyone wants fabric for something else and they live in Canada... My mom got good fleece that is usually $20/m for $8/m to make my horse and me a quarter sheet for riding in the winter, and some pajama pants for me and herself...

skythefairae
12-27-2010, 05:59 PM
It's hard getting people to talk to me on this site. .n. *sad-panda*

Yukikittie
12-27-2010, 06:01 PM

OH HI THERE.

skythefairae
12-27-2010, 06:03 PM
xD Other than right now.

HidingintheMist
12-27-2010, 06:03 PM

Hello! I really like your forum avatar! It made me smile :3 -offers you a cookie-

skythefairae
12-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Aww, thank you. *noms cookie* Yours is cool too! owo

HidingintheMist
12-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Aww, thank you. *noms cookie* Yours is cool too! owo

Thanks. ^^;
I've been planning to change it to me in my Zexion cosplay actually, but my Photoshop is being stupid, so its Ciel until I'm able to fix whats wrong with PS.

skythefairae
12-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Ah, yeah. I should get around to putting up a picture of me in one of my more recent cosplays, too. ^^;

Thelchterya
12-27-2010, 08:16 PM
They're repainting our kitchen. Me and my mom had this conversation:
Mom: Do you like the color?
Me:...Not really.
Mom: You'll get used to it.
The next day...
Mom: We're gonna paint the kitchen a different color...

Heh heh. Score one for me. :P

J.Kazama
12-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Congrads on the not baby! YEAH!

Wait what.

I lol'd at this xD

Do you guys make like New Year's resolutions and all that stuff? My mom is psychotic about forcing me to make some resolutions for next year (yeah...she's that superstitious). I only want to lose weight -_-

Axelai
12-27-2010, 08:52 PM

*hugs* Thats great! I'm glad everything is fine now <3

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!

Slut-shaming? Here? That's never cool.
Just because a woman gets pregnant doesn't mean she's a slut. That's an extremely hateful word. Pregnancy scares are completely legitimate. If Cinema HAD been pregnant, it could have opened the door for a whole range of problems. And this is the "Off-Topic" forum. She can talk about whatever she likes. She came here for support, and she should be able to receive such support without someone judging her for it.

QFT

yes don't tal about anything sexual it was fine till she posted :/ leave it to pms it makes things easyer , i now shes coming here for support but still even tho is a off-tpoic forum thats the one thing u dont talk about. as i was told before "keep it ot yourself"

I'm breaking the rules by saying this. And i don't care. But you're an insensitive asshole. Admin, feel free to ban me for that, but it had to be said. She came in here to ask for advice and consolation. I've had pregnancy scares before... well, one. When i was younger. I was 15 or 16 (i don't remember). And honestly, it can really scare someone. I was crying, and reaching out to anyone i could. That's what she did. The cosplay.com community is usually outreaching and helpful, so she came here to ask for help. And, since this is the "Whatever Is On Your Mind" forum, she could ask for help here. The fact you're calling her a slut and etc for that... well, it makes you seem like you're 12, not 19. There's a reason you're still a virgin at 19. In order to get a girlfriend, you'll need to learn to treat women with respect. And you've just proved to everyone here why you're 19, single, and a virgin.

Admin, i fully accept all responsibility for what i've said, and feel free to ban me. It needed to be said.

And apologies to everyone here who dropped the topic. I just really felt like this was needed to be said. Everyone was thinking it.

Do you guys make like New Year's resolutions and all that stuff? My mom is psychotic about forcing me to make some resolutions for next year (yeah...she's that superstitious). I only want to lose weight -_-

I always forget about New Years Resolutions... i keep forgetting to make them (lol).

KaleiDoVi
12-27-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm breaking the rules by saying this. And i don't care. But you're an insensitive asshole. Admin, feel free to ban me for that, but it had to be said. She came in here to ask for advice and consolation. I've had pregnancy scares before... well, one. When i was younger. I was 15 or 16 (i don't remember). And honestly, it can really scare someone. I was crying, and reaching out to anyone i could. That's what she did. The cosplay.com community is usually outreaching and helpful, so she came here to ask for help. And, since this is the "Whatever Is On Your Mind" forum, she could ask for help here. The fact you're calling her a slut and etc for that... well, it makes you seem like you're 12, not 19. There's a reason you're still a virgin at 19. In order to get a girlfriend, you'll need to learn to treat women with respect. And you've just proved to everyone here why you're 19, single, and a virgin.

Admin, i fully accept all responsibility for what i've said, and feel free to ban me. It needed to be said.

And apologies to everyone here who dropped the topic. I just really felt like this was needed to be said. Everyone was thinking it.

I applaud you, Axelai.

nannyogg
12-27-2010, 09:09 PM

What a relief! HUGS!!!! I am glad that is one stress you don't have to deal with at this time!!

Thelchterya
12-27-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm breaking the rules by saying this. And i don't care. But you're an insensitive asshole.

You're my new hero. I was very close to saying something myself, but the subject was long since dropped. Thank you thank you for saying what everyone was thinking.

nannyogg
12-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Thats not weird or anything XD i still know my first crush's name and birthday and i have even found him on myspace he is still cute XD

My 7th grade crush (he was in 9th when I was in 7th) came to visit me this summer, I was sooo happy! My mom always thought we would grow up and get married, but I knew he was the kind of person that wasn't going to settle down with anybody, so we ended up being more like siblings. He's 45 and I'm 43 now, so it was sooo awesome to see him after 13 years of losing track of each other. We're still just the same people, just older and wiser. Too funny, we were school rejects, but I ended up with a PhD and he's semi-famous.

nannyogg
12-27-2010, 09:21 PM

So jump in and comment on stuff, and people will start to respond! :)

nannyogg
12-27-2010, 09:26 PM
The fact you're calling her a slut and etc for that... well, it makes you seem like you're 12, not 19. There's a reason you're still a virgin at 19. In order to get a girlfriend, you'll need to learn to treat women with respect. And you've just proved to everyone here why you're 19, single, and a virgin.

Well said, Axelai. And I appreciate what Flora88 said, too. Words like slut and whore only exist to shame and demean women. There are no equivalent words for men. When someone uses those words, it says nothing to me about the woman, only about the hateful attitude of the person using them.

Kildread
12-27-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm joining the 'I agree with you, Alexai' party.

Do we get club cards? :3

EDIT: On the banning thing, don't overreact. There are posts which say much worse for completely unwarranted reasons on those sub-forums you like so much :P

Flora88
12-27-2010, 09:49 PM
*badassery*

No problem! To be honest, I feel bad that it didn't continue for a bit.
In the end, Cinema asked us to drop it. If she hadn't, I'm sure this would be thirty more pages of me explaining how damaging slut-shaming is. Lol!

Also, punches were pulled because of keroki neko's "suicidal" thing. I didn't want to further depress keroki neko in order to protect Cinema.

But thanks for jumping in there! And for taking responsibility for your actions. Very awesome. You've got huge ladyballs. :D

HidingintheMist
12-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Ah, yeah. I should get around to putting up a picture of me in one of my more recent cosplays, too. ^^;

Same here, though I tend to procrastinate with such things more than I care to admit. =3=; Like roleplay posts as well.

Axelai
12-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks to everyone who liked what i said ^^; *brofists*

And well, I've been banned on a lot of forums for speaking my mind, so i was accepting responsibility ahead of time. Though, if i were banned for calling him out and he didn't get banned for calling her that... I'd surely feel very WTF.

On topic (in the off topic forum lol): Just ordered a bunch of clothes for my BJD, and my friend said: Oh mein gott this is going to be amazing. Make sure to bro-fist her into existence. ; u;

I love you <3

Fabulousity
12-27-2010, 10:59 PM
They're repainting our kitchen. Me and my mom had this conversation:
Mom: Do you like the color?
Me:...Not really.
Mom: You'll get used to it.
The next day...
Mom: We're gonna paint the kitchen a different color...

Heh heh. Score one for me. :P

I love that!!!

acostory
12-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Axelai - I would quote you, but I'm not sure which part made me love you even more.

What's on my mind? Well, I'm trying to deal with a death threat, a rape accusation, and the possibility of loosing all my friends, all because of an ex. Makes me kind of not want to date anymore. Or cosplay, seeing as how she's also a cosplayer. And sort of kill myself. It's too bad that my therapist is off until next week, or I'd have a hell of a lot to talk about.

This relates to my first statement because not only do I agree with everything you said, Axelai, but it gives me a greater faith in humanity to see someone standing up for someone else. I don't get to see that a lot, and it's something that really made me feel better.

And none of this is off-topic, because I am saying what's on my mind.

ShinobiXikyu
12-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Say no to babies!

Hell yes. Staunchly advocating being childfree here.

On an unrelated note, FUCK I hate the holiday hours at the mall. Working in it, I'd get an easier time if I joined the damn army. I've been so screwed up from the wonky schedule, frantic pace, noise, crowding, incompetent employees, lack of sleep and proper food and standing 12+ hours a day that since Xmas I've been downing peppermint and chamomile tea to try and relax my shattered nerves and stomach. My long-awaited New Year's holiday and visit to my boyfriend can't come any faster....

Axelai
12-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Axelai - I would quote you, but I'm not sure which part made me love you even more.

What's on my mind? Well, I'm trying to deal with a death threat, a rape accusation, and the possibility of loosing all my friends, all because of an ex. Makes me kind of not want to date anymore. Or cosplay, seeing as how she's also a cosplayer. And sort of kill myself. It's too bad that my therapist is off until next week, or I'd have a hell of a lot to talk about.

This relates to my first statement because not only do I agree with everything you said, Axelai, but it gives me a greater faith in humanity to see someone standing up for someone else. I don't get to see that a lot, and it's something that really made me feel better.

And none of this is off-topic, because I am saying what's on my mind.

Geez, not having a good week, are you? D: *hugs*

And i'm glad i give you greater faith in humanity c: I try.

Alyxiane
12-28-2010, 12:09 AM

I'm totally late on this haha but that's great! :D

Just adding my own two cents that losing one's virginity or being sexually active does not equal being a slut. -.-; Went through a similar experience cause my period hasn't shown up for a month and I was panicking and the day after I tested negative, my period finally came two months after the last one. (It was also during the time I was being emotionally abused by my ex but that's a different story...) Unexpected pregnancies happen and I applaud for those being responsible for their actions instead of just doing the complete opposite (or glamorizing the hell out of them on TV ... I'm looking at you, Teen Mom. D:<

And now for something totally different: I have a cute singing voice! :D

Axelai
12-28-2010, 12:19 AM
And now for something totally different: I have a cute singing voice! :D

ORLY? You should send audio.

Which this reminds me: My friend is cosplaying Britain from Hetalia... and he wants to sing Absolutely Invincible British Gentleman (his character song) for AX Idol. I'm teaching him how to pronounce all the Japanese words correctly (lol XD )

While i sit here and learn Pub & Go on the guitar~

WE ARE SUCH NERDS

J.Kazama
12-28-2010, 12:29 AM

Which this reminds me: My friend is cosplaying Britain from Hetalia... and he wants to sing Absolutely Invincible British Gentleman (his character song) for AX Idol. I'm teaching him how to pronounce all the Japanese words correctly (lol XD )

While i sit here and learn Pub & Go on the guitar~

WE ARE SUCH NERDS

My friends would totally fangirl over you guys if you ever do that and somehow record it.

Alyxiane
12-28-2010, 12:34 AM

Ok then! XD You'll be probably hear me sing in Fanime's karaoke room so I might as well give you a preview. :P

And I can only send through email right now. xD;

Volnixshin
12-28-2010, 12:40 AM
In contrast to the pregnancy scare, when I was 17 I was about to be sued ( I was in a therapeutic high school, the problems everyone in your high school were like graham crackers compared((mmmm graham crackers))) anyway, this girl told her daddy who was a lawyer, that I got her pregnant. I had not. I could not, impossible. But we'll get to that later. Anyway. The school gets in a fuss, my parents keep trying to explain the truth, but this girls parents are blinded by dumbassery. The principal has an entire room, filled with her family, my family, and the teachers, to see if we can get this settled without the law. (at this point, I was taking it humorously, I had had enough anger earlier about it)

The teacher asks me, in front of everyone

"Did you get her pregnant?"

I laugh and say no. When everyone but my parents gets angry that I am laughing they demand to know why, and this is the clincher, the entire thing went great from here on. Her parents were dumbfounded (really? I mean your daughters in a school that has therapy every damn four hours, and her making crazy unfounded claims is unexpected??)

"I can't get her pregnant if I tried, and believe me, I wouldn't even try with her. I'm infertile. Born that way. I'm as empty as the desert"

Five months later, I paid the price for it. Since I was sterile, I opted for an operation on my down-theres to see if I had any viable sperm. Went through the surgery, got stitches, and bladidy blah blah. Went to school a week later, the girl calls me over, says she wants to apologize. What does she do instead?

Kicks me as hard as she can in the balls. three stitches rip and I go through all the pain of giving birth all in one moment, look down, see my pants turning red and black out.

Wake up in the hospital. Go back to school three weeks later. I am told we should sue. I wanted to, but we never actually did since no actual damage was done in the long term.

Saw the girl a year ago, when I was 22. Accidentally backed into her in a parking lot. She was walking.

Karma. It's funny sometimes. Anyway, that's the only epic story of my life.

acostory
12-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Geez, not having a good week, are you? D: *hugs*

And i'm glad i give you greater faith in humanity c: I try.

You could definitely say that again... *hugggu*

I can sing alright, I just don't know if I sing well in Japanese. Or speak it. Foreign languages raaawr
And I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to perfect my Italy voice :U

Flora88
12-28-2010, 01:07 AM
In contrast to the pregnancy scare, when I was 17 I was about to be sued ( I was in a therapeutic high school, the problems everyone in your high school were like graham crackers compared((mmmm graham crackers))) anyway, this girl told her daddy who was a lawyer, that I got her pregnant. I had not. I could not, impossible. But we'll get to that later. Anyway. The school gets in a fuss, my parents keep trying to explain the truth, but this girls parents are blinded by dumbassery. The principal has an entire room, filled with her family, my family, and the teachers, to see if we can get this settled without the law. (at this point, I was taking it humorously, I had had enough anger earlier about it)

The teacher asks me, in front of everyone

"Did you get her pregnant?"

I laugh and say no. When everyone but my parents gets angry that I am laughing they demand to know why, and this is the clincher, the entire thing went great from here on. Her parents were dumbfounded (really? I mean your daughters in a school that has therapy every damn four hours, and her making crazy unfounded claims is unexpected??)

"I can't get her pregnant if I tried, and believe me, I wouldn't even try with her. I'm infertile. Born that way. I'm as empty as the desert"

Five months later, I paid the price for it. Since I was sterile, I opted for an operation on my down-theres to see if I had any viable sperm. Went through the surgery, got stitches, and bladidy blah blah. Went to school a week later, the girl calls me over, says she wants to apologize. What does she do instead?

Kicks me as hard as she can in the balls. three stitches rip and I go through all the pain of giving birth all in one moment, look down, see my pants turning red and black out.

Wake up in the hospital. Go back to school three weeks later. I am told we should sue. I wanted to, but we never actually did since no actual damage was done in the long term.

Saw the girl a year ago, when I was 22. Accidentally backed into her in a parking lot. She was walking.

Karma. It's funny sometimes. Anyway, that's the only epic story of my life.

Damn, son! I'm speechless!

Alyxiane
12-28-2010, 01:18 AM
I don't think I have much of a problem with singing foreign languages. I just need to get the hang of how the written lyrics actually sound in the song then I can imitate it within time. :P

Axelai
12-28-2010, 01:26 AM
My friends would totally fangirl over you guys if you ever do that and somehow record it.

*shifty glances*

I'm actually planning on that. My friends and I are all working on the Character CD outfits, and want to make music videos to various Hetalia songs. I'd be America, my male friend Britain, and my other friend Canada... possibilities of France in there too.

Ok then! XD You'll be probably hear me sing in Fanime's karaoke room so I might as well give you a preview. :P

And I can only send through email right now. xD;

I prolly will c: Make sure you shout out to Axelai before you sing so i know its you XD

You could definitely say that again... *hugggu*

I can sing alright, I just don't know if I sing well in Japanese. Or speak it. Foreign languages raaawr
And I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to perfect my Italy voice :U

If you're ever feeling down, send me a message, and i'll cheer you up with a video of me going into pure America mode. I'll eat a hamburger on cam for you, talk perfectly in his voice... just ask c:

And i can speak and sing in Japanese :D Yay Japanese major.

OH GOD i need to perfect my Italy voice. I just perfected my America one... x___x

Kildread
12-28-2010, 01:30 AM
*Story-time with Volnixshin*

Wow.

Words failed me --- you used a bit of 'artistic liberty', but geez, what a tale.

Alyxiane
12-28-2010, 01:38 AM
I prolly will c: Make sure you shout out to Axelai before you sing so i know its you XD

Haha! okie then. C: I'll let you know when exactly I'll be in the karaoke room. XD

acostory
12-28-2010, 02:02 AM
If you're ever feeling down, send me a message, and i'll cheer you up with a video of me going into pure America mode. I'll eat a hamburger on cam for you, talk perfectly in his voice... just ask c:

And i can speak and sing in Japanese :D Yay Japanese major.

OH GOD i need to perfect my Italy voice. I just perfected my America one... x___x

You are seriously one of the nicest people I've never met! And I will hold you to that B)

Thiiinking of majoring in Japanese. Or Russian. Or Archaeology.

I've had my Italy voice perfect for months and then I saw the dub Dx

Axelai
12-28-2010, 03:19 AM
You are seriously one of the nicest people I've never met! And I will hold you to that B)

Thiiinking of majoring in Japanese. Or Russian. Or Archaeology.

I've had my Italy voice perfect for months and then I saw the dub Dx

Dude, feel free to hold me to it :'P I like going on cam and acting all uhMERHican~ >D

I'm majoring in Japanese, minoring in Communications, and teaching myself German for fun. HOO YEAH!

Whenever i say lines from the japanese version of Italy, I speak in his japanese voice. If i say an english line, i say it in his dub voice XD But the only things i can really say perfectly are "DOITSU DOITSU! TASUKETE!!" and "Germany! Germany! Help me!!" ....derp <3

Cadmium Polyphony
12-28-2010, 03:38 AM
In contrast to the pregnancy scare, when I was 17 I was about to be sued...

Yeah...

Remind me to PM you a story about my ex-boyfriend.

*raises pint in your honor* Cheers, mate.

Monster_Girl
12-28-2010, 04:07 AM
Has anyone else seen the tv show "The Misfits"?!?! It's amazing! I think its hilarious! I'm totally addicted!
*^.^*

BsWN
12-28-2010, 05:08 AM
I should be going to sleep... >.<

Axelai
12-28-2010, 05:15 AM
I should be going to sleep... >.<

I should too :D Im waking up in 5 hours! BUT ALAS. Yaoi roleplay is more important o u o

In other news: I just got an email from someone asking for a quote on a commission! :D Cheers! First one in months! *dances a happy dance*

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:19 AM
I should too :D Im waking up in 5 hours! BUT ALAS. Yaoi roleplay is more important o u o

In other news: I just got an email from someone asking for a quote on a commission! :D Cheers! First one in months! *dances a happy dance*

((OMG YOU DO YAOI RPS TOO?! You have bumped up to mega cool in my books now <3))

Axelai
12-28-2010, 05:20 AM
((OMG YOU DO YAOI RPS TOO?! You have bumped up to mega cool in my books now <3))

XD Yes i do~

Ahaha. This one is America/Canada. Totally not wrong on like, 50 levels or anything.

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:23 AM
Is Canada on top? ;o

My current one is a musician and a mute kid who originally didn't even like the kind of music that my guy played...but sure enough fell for meh manly charms and my tight jeans and snake bites XD

Axelai
12-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Is Canada on top? ;o

My current one is a musician and a mute kid who originally didn't even like the kind of music that my guy played...but sure enough fell for meh manly charms and my tight jeans and snake bites XD

I said America/Canada, not the other way around :P Though Canada does bring up their position is not geographically correct.

And... nice XD

BsWN
12-28-2010, 05:46 AM
I said America/Canada, not the other way around :P Though Canada does bring up their position is not geographically correct.

And... nice XD

Lmao. >.<

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Oh my ;o XDDD

Axelai
12-28-2010, 06:08 AM
Well, Canada could always ride him. Then it'd be geographically correct.

ANYWAYS. Its like, 3am. I should be in bed.

Eau de Decus
12-28-2010, 06:54 AM
ANYWAYS. Its like, 3am. I should be in bed. Ditto...4am now...but to busy editing video and audio to be bothered with sleep...

I wish HD video wasn't so obnoxiously large to store. I'm starting to lose count of my TB drives at this point. <_<

Alyxiane
12-28-2010, 11:49 AM
I think I'll take a crack at making a full cover after some practice. ^^

Axelai
12-28-2010, 12:41 PM
I was about to complain about a part of my roleplay here... but I think i might be breaking some rule. XD So i shall instead opt to complain about my fanfiction while using innocent terms.

Canada and America are having diplomatic relations right now. America has been wanting to visit Canada closer to uhh... sign a peace treaty. But my friend and i have been so thorough in our roleplay, its taken 8 days of roleplaying out the press conference... and literally 2 seconds before the treaty is signed, she has to sign off. And we might not be able to continue the rp for a few days.

/innuendo over

Thelchterya
12-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I think I'll take a crack at making a full cover after some practice. ^^
I LOVE karaoke! I'd like to start making covers myself, but my voice is big and the walls are thin, so I'd need to find a way to record without disturbing everyone potentially in earshot. ^^'
I was about to complain about a part of my roleplay here... but I think i might be breaking some rule. XD So i shall instead opt to complain about my fanfiction while using innocent terms.

Canada and America are having diplomatic relations right now. America has been wanting to visit Canada closer to uhh... sign a peace treaty. But my friend and i have been so thorough in our roleplay, its taken 8 days of roleplaying out the press conference... and literally 2 seconds before the treaty is signed, she has to sign off. And we might not be able to continue the rp for a few days.

/innuendo over

omg!:rofl: Before my cosplay days, I was really big into RPs on forums like Gaia and stuff. It got to a point, however, where it started to cut into my real life more than anything on the internet should...so I had to stop, or else turn into a computerized vegetable. That being said, I do miss it, although I certainly don't have any more free time now than I did 4 years ago when I was a college freshman. I'd love to find an RPG board that didn't need a lot of time commitment.:thumbsup:

hypersoda
12-28-2010, 03:31 PM
This Buck-Tick song I'm listening to right now is quite nice.

...I have so many video games to play right now. ;_; I should probably be getting back to them soon...

J.Kazama
12-28-2010, 03:41 PM
I gotta finish this Sudowoodo crochet doll I've started. But my poor fingers refuse to work with a crochet hook again -_- Yay for holiday hobbies that makes me procrastinate my work for everything else I gotta do

Gypsyangelf4i
12-28-2010, 03:54 PM
*Me eating a slice of chocolate coca-cola cake* Just putting the finishing touches on my "before" body. :D

Apsara
12-28-2010, 04:18 PM
I need to finish my Viewfinder yaoi fanfiction. Really, really need to finish it. I asked if I could use someone's idea waaay back in June of 2010. *winces* But I can't get anywhere with it. I'm so angry and frustrated with myself.

Volnixshin
12-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Wow.

Words failed me --- you used a bit of 'artistic liberty', but geez, what a tale.

I did not. I like to amp things up usually, but all of this is word for word true.

koinukyon
12-28-2010, 07:35 PM
I.....want to get a puppy, but I'm a poor college student and probably can't afford one right now. =[

Flora88
12-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Fuck yeah! Bought new dishes and a scarf today, what what!

acostory
12-28-2010, 09:18 PM

/innuendo over

-spits out tea- America! Just what do you think you're doing with your little brother?!

Reaaaaally couldn't resist that one :3

Axelai
12-28-2010, 09:32 PM
I
omg!:rofl: Before my cosplay days, I was really big into RPs on forums like Gaia and stuff. It got to a point, however, where it started to cut into my real life more than anything on the internet should...so I had to stop, or else turn into a computerized vegetable. That being said, I do miss it, although I certainly don't have any more free time now than I did 4 years ago when I was a college freshman. I'd love to find an RPG board that didn't need a lot of time commitment.:thumbsup:

Dude, i used to RP sooo much. I stopped for awhile, since i started dating the girl i rped with and then we broke up XDD;; So this is my first RP in awhile.

And we're like... scheduling times in our day to rp. Like last night, she's all "I'll be on a train from 2-7pm, so we can rp that night" and im like "SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!"

-spits out tea- America! Just what do you think you're doing with your little brother?!

Reaaaaally couldn't resist that one :3

Then you'll like this better :P She told it to me last night when we were rping, as her brother was on the couch next to her watching TV (LOL rping porn with your brother next to you).

My brother: "Are you talking to someone?"
Me: "Yeah..."
My brother: "About countries?"
Me: "Uh... yeah... I'm talking about the political relations between America and Canada."
My brother: "Do they like each other?"
Me: "........ .... .. uh.... yeah...."

☆ Kei ☆
12-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Ugh. I consistently buy headphones that are $30, so why am I against paying ten dollars more for really awesome ones (http://www.dgastore.com/products/zipbuds-by-dga-black-with-blue)?

Axelai
12-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Ugh. I consistently buy headphones that are $30, so why am I against paying ten dollars more for really awesome ones (http://www.dgastore.com/products/zipbuds-by-dga-black-with-blue)?

Because if they break, you're down $10 D:

I always spend $10 or less on mine, because i go through headphones faster than Shuichi comes.

...analogy fail.

Fabulousity
12-28-2010, 09:46 PM
My best friend and I are fighting. He always takes me for granted, and I'm tired of it.

illusion838
12-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I once paid $150 for a pair of head phones, lasted me 4 years until my brother sat on them... since then I go through head phone about 5 pairs a every 2 months.

KaleiDoVi
12-28-2010, 09:48 PM

I always spend $10 or less on mine, because i go through headphones faster than Shuichi comes.

...analogy fail.

I lol'd at your analogy. :D
And I'm the same way. 8( I can currently only listen to stuff through my left earbud. TT^TT

Axelai
12-28-2010, 09:53 PM
I lol'd at your analogy. :D
And I'm the same way. 8( I can currently only listen to stuff through my left earbud. TT^TT

I like getting fancy with my analogies. c:

Yeah, for some reason, one of my sets of headphones couldn't recognize vocal tracks after awhile o.o; So i couldn't listen to youtube or anything... and all iTunes songs ended up karaoke. It was kinda cool XD;;

Hitsutai
12-28-2010, 09:56 PM
My flight to Savannah, GA was canceled, so I'm going next month instead.

And college prep is rather stressful...

☆ Kei ☆
12-28-2010, 10:39 PM

...analogy fail.

True.

Generally, the $30 ones last me two to four months, whereas $10-$20 last less than a month.

While I kill headphones, I think I tend to be more careful with the more expensive ones. xD; My poor SkullCandy Headphones have lasted over four years, but they were over $50 & a Christmas present.

I'll probably end up buying them, just because I fell in love with the concept design they're based off when it was released.

KaleiDoVi
12-28-2010, 11:16 PM
No mother, I'm arranging to help an old man find his lost dog so I can get a ride in his van and some candy.

...I'm on the internet. <_<

(My mom asked what I was doing; "Who are you talking to?" "No one." "What are you doing?" "I'm on a website." "What website?" etc. =.=)

Axelai
12-28-2010, 11:22 PM
No mother, I'm arranging to help an old man find his lost dog so I can get a ride in his van and some candy.

...I'm on the internet. <_<

(My mom asked what I was doing; "Who are you talking to?" "No one." "What are you doing?" "I'm on a website." "What website?" etc. =.=)

LOL.

My mom never does that. She lets me be XD;; Though sometimes if she sees my webcam light on, she'll go in the background and wave to whoever i'm camming with (lol)

KaleiDoVi
12-28-2010, 11:28 PM
LOL.

My mom never does that. She lets me be XD;; Though sometimes if she sees my webcam light on, she'll go in the background and wave to whoever i'm camming with (lol)

Lol, her nosiness bothers me sometimes, but it's usually not that bad. xD And she'd just laugh if I actually ever said something like that and be all "Oh. Okay. Wait you're not serious are you??"
LOL yes I'm completely serious. He's going to pick me up at 12. c:

nannyogg
12-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Lol, her nosiness bothers me sometimes, but it's usually not that bad. xD And she'd just laugh if I actually ever said something like that and be all "Oh. Okay. Wait you're not serious are you??"
LOL yes I'm completely serious. He's going to pick me up at 12. c:

That sounds like the reverse roles at my house. Especially my oldest daughter always want to know what I'm looking at on the Internet, who I get texts from, who is on the phone, etc...!!! Then I have to explain everything in quintupliquet (that isn't a word, apparently, but it ought to be). It's not like it's all that exciting to begin with, so I say things like, "It's the mother ship, she says it's time to beam you up for the anal probes." Which apparently makes them even nosier.

☆ Kei ☆
12-29-2010, 12:06 AM
Just found the OST for PaSwG. <33

For once I'm glad that time zones exist. xD

Axelai
12-29-2010, 12:33 AM
I need inspiration to finish my fanfic.

Its for the Hetalia Kink Meme... and i have several fans awaiting this chapter. Its the most important chapter of all. Its the one where i actually fill the requested kink.

But i can't for the life of me write it. I keep looking... and its 2 sentences long so far. I can't make myself write it. I just... can't think. But they're waiting for me... and i know exactly how it's going to work out. I just... can't... do it... x___x;;

Why must i take up requests with threesomes!? Its difficult enough to write one on one yaoi... then we have to chuck in a third party...

I bet that totally de-anon'd me.

xXZelda-SheikXx
12-29-2010, 12:33 AM
really need to book plane flights for in feb next yr.......

☆ Kei ☆
12-29-2010, 01:05 AM
Whoo~ Finally get my mood elevated, and my friend's crashes and burns.

Long story short, his parents are jerks and don't support him as far as college goes. Even though he's the one paying for it.
It's really starting to look like he's going to have to run away to be able to continue to attend. Dx

Cadmium Polyphony
12-29-2010, 01:09 AM
The President gave an 'unofficial pardon' to Michael Vick recently.

I wonder how much more faith I still have in our President to lose?

Oh, and f*ck you, Mr. Vick.

Alyxiane
12-29-2010, 01:19 AM
In any minute now, my mom will kick me off of the computer.

GOTTA USE THE TIME AS MUCH AS I CAN.

☆ Kei ☆
12-29-2010, 02:14 AM
I found fanfiction for The Big Bang Theory.

Better yet, it's good fanfiction. I don't think I'll have time to sleep tonight. xD;;

Clyde_2.0
12-29-2010, 02:25 AM
My family and I just got back from the Harry Potter exhibition at the science center... Apparently I'm now in Slytherin. Does this mean I'm evil or am I merely bad?

Flora88
12-29-2010, 02:35 AM
The President gave an 'unofficial pardon' to Michael Vick recently.

I wonder how much more faith I still have in our President to lose?

Oh, and f*ck you, Mr. Vick.

An unofficial pardon? ...wtf does that even mean, legally?

Axelai
12-29-2010, 02:36 AM
My family and I just got back from the Harry Potter exhibition at the science center... Apparently I'm now in Slytherin. Does this mean I'm evil or am I merely bad?

Being in Slytherin doesn't mean you're evil. It means you're devoted and cunning.

Eau de Decus
12-29-2010, 02:45 AM
My family and I just got back from the Harry Potter exhibition at the science center... Apparently I'm now in Slytherin. Does this mean I'm evil or am I merely bad?It means you're inherently awesome. xD

xSilhouetteLust
12-29-2010, 05:11 AM
I'm just wondering if things are going to work out with my new boyfriend since his brother hates me pretty much, thinks I'm weird and a nerd. (Though me and Josh like all the same things almost and have a good amount in common.) Cause I'm pretty worried his brother will try convincing him to leave me.
Doesn't help we are back to living 2 hours away, again. /:

That's been on my mind this whole week. Blah.

Inoli
12-29-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm stiff and old. moving is a great deal of effort with this damned arthritis. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad...but I'm 28, I shouldn't be this broken! and to add to it, really I dont mind going to work it moves me and gets me malleable enough to get home and finish my cosplays but having to listen to people who are in their 40s and up complain and wine like little children about the smallest things- get. out. of. here and grow up. here, take my arthritis and have a real reason to complain!

Apsara
12-29-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm stiff and old. moving is a great deal of effort with this damned arthritis. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad...but I'm 28, I shouldn't be this broken! and to add to it, really I dont mind going to work it moves me and gets me malleable enough to get home and finish my cosplays but having to listen to people who are in their 40s and up complain and wine like little children about the smallest things- get. out. of. here and grow up. here, take my arthritis and have a real reason to complain!Oh man if my mother heard you should would say the same thing. She doesn't believe that young people (our age) can get arthritis. She says it's because we're lazy and we don't go out much. *shakes head* She says Western doctors also lie so she doesn't take anything they recommend and then sit home and cry about her diabetes and arthritis and gout. >_<

Axelai
12-29-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm just wondering if things are going to work out with my new boyfriend since his brother hates me pretty much, thinks I'm weird and a nerd. (Though me and Josh like all the same things almost and have a good amount in common.) Cause I'm pretty worried his brother will try convincing him to leave me.

I know how you feel. I had a boyfriend whose brother HATED me. Like, extreme hate. He would constantly tell my boyfriend to dump me for a "real girl". Hey, just because i had super short hair and was somewhat wearing the pants in the relationship doesn't make my two X chromosomes any less existent :'| But alas, said boyfriend actually yelled at the brother to shut up and that he didn't know anything. Score one for me XD

So if your new boyfriend really likes you, then he'll either ignore his brother or do the same thing. Don't worry c:

Flora88
12-29-2010, 02:00 PM

Though Axelai makes a good point, there is a flipside to this situation.
If, somehow, the brother convinces the entire family to hate you, you've got REAL problems. I had a boyfriend with whom I thought I was very much in love, and his family...God, they were such DICKS!
They were religious fanatics. They were actually convinced that I was the reincarnation of "Delilah" from the Bible (despite the fact that reincarnation is a non-Christian belief.)

*Looks at avatar.* Yeeeeaaahhhh...

They made my life miserable. I ended up dumping him--not because I didn't care for him--because his family was fucking crazy! I could not be expected to potentially live with those psychos for the rest of my life.

Moral of the story: Watch yourself. This could definitely work for you in the long run, but if shit starts to look more bad than good, bail the fuck out. You won't regret it for long.

Axelai
12-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Though Axelai makes a good point, there is a flipside to this situation.
If, somehow, the brother convinces the entire family to hate you, you've got REAL problems. I had a boyfriend with whom I thought I was very much in love, and his family...God, they were such DICKS!
They were religious fanatics. They were actually convinced that I was the reincarnation of "Delilah" from the Bible (despite the fact that reincarnation is a non-Christian belief.)

*Looks at avatar.* Yeeeeaaahhhh...

They made my life miserable. I ended up dumping him--not because I didn't care for him--because his family was fucking crazy! I could not be expected to potentially live with those psychos for the rest of my life.

Moral of the story: Watch yourself. This could definitely work for you in the long run, but if shit starts to look more bad than good, bail the fuck out. You won't regret it for long.

I guess it helped that my boyfriend's family loved me. I got him out of the house, off his video games, and going to actual events real people went to XD Like the fair, or hockey games.

I bet it wouldn't have worked out if his family hated me too >< So watch your back!

Flora88
12-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I guess it helped that my boyfriend's family loved me. I got him out of the house, off his video games, and going to actual events real people went to XD Like the fair, or hockey games.

I bet it wouldn't have worked out if his family hated me too >< So watch your back!

Oh, mos def! One family member = not a lot to worry about. More than one family member = ...not a good thing. The whole family = shiiiiiit.

Axelai
12-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Oh, mos def! One family member = not a lot to worry about. More than one family member = ...not a good thing. The whole family = shiiiiiit.

His mother called me when she was drunk to tell me how much she loved me XD;; Interesting family.

On the other hand, i had a friend whose mother called me a demon lesbian. When i am neither, thank you very much. I'm a religious bisexual. Regardless, that friendship didn't last.

Flora88
12-29-2010, 02:25 PM
OMG! In high school I totally had a frenemy who told everyone that I was being "slowly possessed by the Devil."

What is it about cosplayers that screams, "demonic?"

Apsara
12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
This is why I don't visit you, Mom. Or want to live with you anymore. Fine, you don't want to kill the live crab you bought because you have a severe craving for it. I'll do it for you; steam it. I don't mind. What I do mind is you saying you won't kill it because you are afraid of messing up your karma so late in life.

What about my karma? Not that I believe any of that. But just speaking, theoretically, ya know?

You get angry at me and call me disrespectful, disobedient and shameful for not killing the damned thing because I questioned your superior, moral authority? I mean, come on, Mom. I'll kill it. I will. Just admit to the fact that you're making your daughter murder for you. I'm okay with it, why can't you be?

I love you too, Mom.

Axelai
12-29-2010, 02:47 PM
OMG! In high school I totally had a frenemy who told everyone that I was being "slowly possessed by the Devil."

This chick was a cosplayer, too, though. And loved anime. I was just a "demonic lesbian" because i liked yaoi. EVEN THOUGH THIS GIRL LIKED YAOI TOO :'| She constantly watched gay porn, even. Then Prop 8 comes along and she's hating on the gays.

Wtf indeed.

Flora88
12-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Hating on teh gayz?!
I still don't know why anyone's got his or her panties in a bunch over who falls in love with and marries who. I suppose I'll never understand. It's perfectly natural (despite popular belief.)

Axelai
12-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Hating on teh gayz?!
I still don't know why anyone's got his or her panties in a bunch over who falls in love with and marries who. I suppose I'll never understand. It's perfectly natural (despite popular belief.)

Exactly. And when they all complain straight marriage is traditional, in ancient times some gay people got married. I forget who exactly, but some big warrior king dude had a husband. Its like "YOU TRYIN TO SAY HES BAD?"

I'll never understand either.

Axelai
12-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Just on my mind: My FaceBook profile picture entertains me.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs073.snc6/168369_1728626865093_1521106186_31728248_4177090_n .jpg

Alyxiane
12-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Me, living and being raised in the very liberal Bay Area, would very likely never understand as well. I consider myself straight but if I end up falling in love with a woman/trans/etc, then I don't mind. -3-;

And yes, Axelai, that pic is quite entertaining. XD

ShyShy
12-29-2010, 03:06 PM

That reminds me...

I was watching Yu Yu Hakusho and it has fighting/blood/demons.
My cousin comes up to me and says 'You're watching the devils work' and that I shouldn't be or I'll be possessed.
I was like 'lolwat?'

Axelai
12-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Me, living and being raised in the very liberal Bay Area, would very likely never understand as well. I consider myself straight but if I end up falling in love with a woman/trans/etc, then I don't mind. -3-;

And yes, Axelai, that pic is quite entertaining. XD

BAY AREA... *goes to your profile to see if i know you, and curses at lack of pictures*

I was raised in the conservative bubble of California. OHHH ORANGE COUNTY <3 Which we're like, more liberal then the rest of the US, but the most conservative part of California. Then i moved to San Francisco. Everything i say comes off as racist XD I'm not racist! I just happen to have asian friends help me in math class!! xD;;

and INORITE!?

Alyxiane
12-29-2010, 03:14 PM
You're more likely to know my sister. She's in her third year undergrad at SF State. XD She ain't the anime/manga/video game-loving type tho. That's my quirk in the family. x)

We'll be seeing one another at Fanime anyway as far as I'm concerned. :3

Edit: And no pics until I actually pull out a decent cosplay + pic. XD

Axelai
12-29-2010, 03:25 PM
You're more likely to know my sister. She's in her third year undergrad at SF State. XD She ain't the anime/manga/video game-loving type tho. That's my quirk in the family. x)

We'll be seeing one another at Fanime anyway as far as I'm concerned. :3

Edit: And no pics until I actually pull out a decent cosplay + pic. XD

WAIT. I think we've had this discussion before. *slow* I remember this. XD;;

And well, you should go to the Hetalia gathering in Palo Alto. Then i shall see you :D

Alyxiane
12-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Yes we had. The Teen Cosplayers thread I believe. :P

There's a gathering in Palo Alto??!!! *starts searching* I'm likely not gunna have my Taiwan in time. But maybe a closet OC!Philippines would do. xD; *still wants to dress up for the occasion* There's the likelihood that I won't go tho. ._.

acostory
12-29-2010, 03:36 PM
WAIT. I think we've had this discussion before. *slow* I remember this. XD;;

And well, you should go to the Hetalia gathering in Palo Alto. Then i shall see you :D

Off topic, but there's a gathering in Palo Alto?

Axelai
12-29-2010, 03:42 PM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181624835187569

Thats the Palo Alto gathering o:

Alyxiane
12-29-2010, 03:45 PM
^ I think I see your post. XD

Axelai
12-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Ahahaha yes. That would be me. With the America having a finger moostash.

KaleiDoVi
12-29-2010, 05:52 PM
SQUEEEEEEE
My mom is looking at ads for pets, and if this one guy/girl still has their cat, WE'RE GOING TO GET IT. :D
Lol, he's been vaccinated, litter-box trained and all. Only weird/cool part is his name is Creeper. Weird to my family, cool to me. ^~^ I hooope we can get him.

Axelai
12-29-2010, 09:35 PM
"The rally hasn't even started yet and we already have a dead bartender."

Something sounds odd about that sentence.

PeaceOfMind
12-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Finally got Left 4 Dead during Steam's holiday sales. Sooooo fun....

And I'm not usually one to obsess over pairings, but oh my god, Zoey/Ellis is so amazingly cute. xD

Cadmium Polyphony
12-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Me, living and being raised in the very liberal Bay Area,

It's not that liberal.

Ever been to Petaluma?

nannyogg
12-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Ever been to Petaluma?

LOL.

Yes.

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Finally got Left 4 Dead during Steam's holiday sales. Sooooo fun....

And I'm not usually one to obsess over pairings, but oh my god, Zoey/Ellis is so amazingly cute. xD

This is ganna sound wierd but i think the Hunter is hot >.>

PeaceOfMind
12-29-2010, 10:17 PM

The Hunter and Smoker both seem to get a lot of fangirl attention. I don't get it myself, but it is rather amusing. For me it's all about Ellis. <3

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Ellis is funny XD look at this here video :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1uVi41I1oc

Axelai
12-29-2010, 10:56 PM
I dreamed last night that Russia was a fish.

KaleiDoVi
12-29-2010, 11:02 PM
I dreamed last night that Russia was a fish.

.....O.O I've had weird dreams but wtf? XDDDD

Axelai
12-29-2010, 11:20 PM
.....O.O I've had weird dreams but wtf? XDDDD

Yeah. It was supremely WTF.

See, i like Russia and all... but... i have realized he's the only character on the show who lacks... a conscience? Like, every character is good deep down. He's the opposite. He seems good on the surface, but is evil deep down. So the dream was my subconscious trying to make him sympathetic XDD By making him... a fish.

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 11:27 PM
XD I'd honestly love to have an angry fling with Germany.....We have a coach at my school and he is from Germany and he always seems angry and for some reason i find it very attractive....So what if Germany was an angry lover? <3

Kildread
12-29-2010, 11:40 PM

Yeah, you're right, that's wierd XD

Thelchterya
12-29-2010, 11:49 PM
I started watching this anime "Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni"....I think I'll just call it "In how many ways can these children kill each other?" from now on. Concurrently, I watched the last episode of "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt" and I think I'll call that episode "You just got TROLLED" from now on.

TARDISTimeLord
12-30-2010, 12:06 AM
What's on my mind:
1)Convincing my dad to let me go to AX 2011 and the Midwest because I can fly out there to meet him when AX is over. I don't want to be left out of my friends for a year more than I already am.
2)I'm in Color Guard and I have to learn Rifle to be on the Advanced Saber line. I'm terrified of rifles, and cry whenever I pick one up. I have to learn flourishes and tosses.
3)My mom might take us to court again, and even though I'm liberated, I need stuff from my mom that I can't get from my dad 'cause we're underprivileged.
4)I'm afraid that no one likes me because everyone is drifting away it seems, even though I have a couple of good friends (Like Courtney and Meghan when she's not around the 2) but... the people I've known talk behind my back, and I know it seems stupid, but I'm afraid of abandonment.
5)I need to think up some good New Year's resolutions. I only have two: Lose weight, and get a partner.
6)School is stressing me out.
7)I need to stop ranting, because I know this is getting too long, and I'm just complaining with all of that Teenage Angst, but I thank everyone that'll read this because you're listening, and that's all some people ever really need in life.
~~~DFTBA

sam vimes
12-30-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm thinking of preventative measures to keep my younger ferret from drinking my vodka.

Kildread
12-30-2010, 12:15 AM
@sam vines : Now that's a creepy kermit!

nannyogg
12-30-2010, 12:16 AM
@sam vines : Now that's a creepy kermit!

It looks like the littlest ferret has been sharing the vodka with Kermit.

sam vimes
12-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Problem solved. I put her away.

nannyogg
12-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Problem solved. I put her away.

Awwww. I miss having ferrets around. :( Dook dooks are so much fun!

Axelai
12-30-2010, 12:19 AM
I started watching this anime "Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni"....I think I'll just call it "In how many ways can these children kill each other?" from now on.

Just watch until Season 2. It'll then be "Holy crap they explained everything somehow"

sam vimes
12-30-2010, 12:22 AM
http://morganwolf.tumblr.com/post/2522876632

Oh dear, now she's doing chin-ups. She'll be up for hours.

EDIT: Oh testicles, the picture didn't upload. Just trust me when I tell you that she's precious.

☆ Kei ☆
12-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Concurrently, I watched the last episode of "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt" and I think I'll call that episode "You just got TROLLED" from now on.

The second season may actually happen. :'D So it wouldn't seem as out of place if it does finally get green-lit.

Right now I'm going through the Hetalia LJ comm trying to find Wy icons. I've found one so far, and it's SeaWy. :<

Also, bacon salt does not taste as awesome as I thought it would.

Axelai
12-30-2010, 12:25 AM
9 days and 22 pages later, Canada and America finally signed the treaty.

13 days since we started. 39 pages total.

nannyogg
12-30-2010, 12:29 AM
http://morganwolf.tumblr.com/post/2522876632

Oh dear, now she's doing chin-ups. She'll be up for hours.

EDIT: Oh testicles, the picture didn't upload. Just trust me when I tell you that she's precious.

Awww, I would love to see!
Here's some of my baby critters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfKX0vjF6UE

Alyxiane
12-30-2010, 12:42 AM
^ D'aww~ (o A o)<3

TARDISTimeLord
12-30-2010, 01:09 AM

Oh, gods, you made me cry 'cause they're just... so... cute.

Axelai
12-30-2010, 01:22 AM

Can i have one? ;-;

Alyxiane
12-30-2010, 01:25 AM
^ They're illegal in California. *Just looked it up* D:

TARDISTimeLord
12-30-2010, 01:28 AM

No. They can't be. THEY CAN'T DO THIS TO ME. They're too cute.

Axelai
12-30-2010, 01:30 AM

PFFT. Like i care. My roommate wants to get a pet in our room. The RA at my dorm said if we got a hedgehog (like planned), she wouldn't tell anyone as long as she gets to play with it.

Alyxiane
12-30-2010, 01:32 AM
^ I smell hedgehog smuggling. XD

If it's fluffy and adorable, I'll take anything. ;3;

Cadmium Polyphony
12-30-2010, 01:34 AM
PFFT. Like i care.

You should.

The torment some animals go through to be acquired by oblivious customers due to illegalities, *smuggling conditions* is f*cking horrible, most of the time.

Especially the 'exotic' animals.

sam vimes
12-30-2010, 01:36 AM
You should.

The torment some animals go through to be acquired by oblivious customers due to illegalities, *smuggling conditions* is f*cking horrible, most of the time.

I will be far from surprised if you are accused of being mean for pointing this out.

Axelai
12-30-2010, 01:37 AM
You should.

Since I'd be smuggling it myself across the border, it wouldn't go through any of that. I'd treat it with respect and love as it lay in my lap, until the border, when it would be in the hidden seat in my car.

I have smuggled many fireworks that way.

Plus, i have much more illegal things in my house than a hedgehog. Damn most of my doujinshi falling under CP laws these days... *shakes fist*

Alyxiane
12-30-2010, 01:38 AM
Oh, the downside of being in Cali. There was a time where I REALLY wanted to have a fennec fox and a ferret as pets but was heartbroken to learn that they're illegal. ;3;

Oh yes, I'm a good girl when it comes to laws. -.-

Axelai
12-30-2010, 01:38 AM
Oh, the downside of being in Cali. There was a time where I REALLY wanted to have a fennec fox and a ferret as pets but was heartbroken to learn that they're illegal. ;3;

Oh yes, I'm a good girl when it comes to laws. -.-

Pfft. Laws. Been breakin em since i was a wee child. (not really)

Cadmium Polyphony
12-30-2010, 01:40 AM
Since I'd be smuggling it myself across the border, it wouldn't go through any of that. I'd treat it with respect and love as it lay in my lap, until the border, when it would be in the hidden seat in my car.

Plus, i have much more illegal things in my house than a hedgehog. Damn most of my doujinshi falling under CP laws these days... *shakes fist*

Anyone that considers smuggling an animal, and believes they will treat it with respect, I find hard to believe they know the meaning of the word respect.

Supporting illegal acquisition of animals, inevitably, INEVITABLY supports animal cruelty, down the line.

If you respect typically non-domesticated animals, leave them in the wild.

TARDISTimeLord
12-30-2010, 01:43 AM
Anyone that considers smuggling an animal, and believes they will treat it with respect, I find hard to believe they know the meaning of the word respect.

Supporting illegal acquisition of animals, inevitably, INEVITABLY supports animal cruelty, down the line.

I've considered getting myself a wolf. But I'd do it right.
I'm an animal activist, and if I have any way of acquiring a wolf legally, I'll do it immediately. Because I know how gentle and trusting wolves can be.
I was 11 when I had new neighbors and they had this giant 'dog' named 'Ranger.' He was my best friend, and I thought that he was mostly Malamute with a little bit of wolf mixed in.
Then I learned he was pure bred, and I never forgot him.
I miss Ranger because they moved away.

sam vimes
12-30-2010, 01:46 AM
How much land do you own for the wolf to roam in?

Axelai
12-30-2010, 01:46 AM

For reference, they're not illegal in the US. Just California and possibly other states.

Mostly, my original post was made in jest. I highly doubt she'd give me one of those critters. And besides, they ARE domesticated. Just illegal in Cali. Like ferrets.

TARDISTimeLord
12-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Right now? I'm underaged, so I'm still living at home with my disabled father.
Later? On a ranch with a butt load of land.

Alyxiane
12-30-2010, 01:53 AM
@Axelai: Adding to that, certain laws do vary between states. Regarding to pets, if they're not considered "pets" by the state of California then they're automatically illegal to have one as such. For Cali's case, I assume it's because of the big cities that can be harmful environment for the more exotic pets.

... And this just reminds me of Pets 101 from Animal Planet. They made mentions of Long Beach City College being overrun by abandoned pet rabbits that decided to multiply. o__o

ZexionLover48
12-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Ahhhh, I just got home from a day of shopping with my sis, and used almost all of my Christmas money XD And boy do I hurt now D: My feet hurt, and my back. So I'm curled up in my new Kingdom Hearts robe, burning some Japanese Cherry Blossom oil, and listening to my KH Soundtrack :D Ahh, relaxation :P

nannyogg
12-30-2010, 08:27 AM

I have a friend who moved from Colorado (hedgie legal state) to Arizona (hedgie not legal state) and she didn't think it was a huge deal to quietly bring a few hedgies and tenrec with her. Well... someone ratted her out and she ended up being arrested and charged on both state and federal level, and while she avoided jail time, the fines were ginormous and now she has a record that says she's a federal criminal, when she'd never been in trouble before in her life! She said it was beyond not worth it. :(

nannyogg
12-30-2010, 08:37 AM
@Axelai: Adding to that, certain laws do vary between states. Regarding to pets, if they're not considered "pets" by the state of California then they're automatically illegal to have one as such. For Cali's case, I assume it's because of the big cities that can be harmful environment for the more exotic pets.

... And this just reminds me of Pets 101 from Animal Planet. They made mentions of Long Beach City College being overrun by abandoned pet rabbits that decided to multiply. o__o

In Cali, a lot of the animal rules have to do with the fear that they'll affect agriculture or native species if they get loose. Which doesn't really explain why ferrets who have been spayed/neutered aren't permitted.
Hedgehogs are currently illegal in CA, VT, GA, HI, AZ, ME (though, they may have permits now), and PA. And in NYC and a few of the counties around it (there, largely due to animal dumping). A lot of the times, if animals are seized in these states, the animal is euthanized, in addition to the consequences for the owner. Definitely not cool. And one of the reasons I live in the middle of nowhere, KS. The only animal law here that annoys me is I can't have chickens in my yard because I live in the city limits, so I have two tiny chickens who live indoors, LOL.

SecretSoliloquy
12-30-2010, 10:39 AM
I've considered getting myself a wolf. But I'd do it right.
I'm an animal activist, and if I have any way of acquiring a wolf legally, I'll do it immediately. Because I know how gentle and trusting wolves can be.
I was 11 when I had new neighbors and they had this giant 'dog' named 'Ranger.' He was my best friend, and I thought that he was mostly Malamute with a little bit of wolf mixed in.
Then I learned he was pure bred, and I never forgot him.
I miss Ranger because they moved away.

If you were an 'animal activist' (and by this I am guessing you are someone who probably says they like cute, fuzzy animals, and probably still eats them and wears them), you would understand that a wolf is not a domestic animal. I knew someone who bought a dog that was mostly wolf, and she was so wild her entire life that she had to be contained in a large outdoor cage, which was not at all appropriate for her. She was sweet with those she trusted, but she never forgot her instincts to run wild, nor should she have been made to. The dogs we have now are domestic because thousands of years ago they chose to work together with humans.
Wouldn't you rather be in a mutually beneficial relationship than a master/slave one? If not, get a dog.

SecretSoliloquy
12-30-2010, 10:51 AM
For reference, they're not illegal in the US. Just California and possibly other states.

Mostly, my original post was made in jest. I highly doubt she'd give me one of those critters. And besides, they ARE domesticated. Just illegal in Cali. Like ferrets.

Whether or not they're illegal, hedgehogs are not pets. They are NOT domesticated, they are raised in captivity. There is a distinct difference. For you to obtain one and literally enslave it just because you think it's cute, says a lot about you as a person.

Axelai
12-30-2010, 12:31 PM
I have a friend who moved from Colorado (hedgie legal state) to Arizona (hedgie not legal state) and she didn't think it was a huge deal to quietly bring a few hedgies and tenrec with her. Well... someone ratted her out and she ended up being arrested and charged on both state and federal level, and while she avoided jail time, the fines were ginormous and now she has a record that says she's a federal criminal, when she'd never been in trouble before in her life! She said it was beyond not worth it. :(

Yikes.

Whether or not they're illegal, hedgehogs are not pets. They are NOT domesticated, they are raised in captivity. There is a distinct difference. For you to obtain one and literally enslave it just because you think it's cute, says a lot about you as a person.

And like i said before, i was joking. I'm not getting a hedgehog. My roommate wants one, but i seriously doubt she'll get one. We'll probably get a rabbit.

Srsbsns

TR Rose
12-30-2010, 01:03 PM
A little late to the convo, but I love my two little ferrets. Part of the reason that we ruled out California as a possible place to live was because of our lil girls. ^^

Obligatory photo of our weasel babies:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2541614/ :3

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 01:29 PM

I'd rather smuggle an animal then a person into the states :o

jounink
12-30-2010, 01:37 PM
A little late to the convo, but I love my two little ferrets. Part of the reason that we ruled out California as a possible place to live was because of our lil girls. ^^

Obligatory photo of our weasel babies:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2541614/ :3

D'awww I have Ferrets too! I <3 those furry dorks of mine lol. They are too funny (and bad). XD

TR Rose
12-30-2010, 01:46 PM
D'awww I have Ferrets too! I <3 those furry dorks of mine lol. They are too funny (and bad). XD

Oh they can be so bad! I had them running around the week before Christmas, and the white one (Arwen) decided that she wanted to investigate the ceramic nativity set. She knocked over a few of the Wise Men and broke the hand and thumb off of one of them. Nothing that can't be fixed with superglue but she got put away after that.

Funny thing is, she hasn't gone near the nativity before or since. Just that one day when she had to investigate...

SecretSoliloquy
12-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Yikes.

And like i said before, i was joking. I'm not getting a hedgehog. My roommate wants one, but i seriously doubt she'll get one. We'll probably get a rabbit.

Srsbsns

Yeah, it is serious business, being responsible for another living creature, especially if you plan to get it by taking it out of its natural habitat and forcing it to live unnaturally under your roof.
As for the rabbit, I hope she does her research; they involve a lot of care and have special dietary needs.

SecretSoliloquy
12-30-2010, 01:48 PM
I'd rather smuggle an animal then a person into the states :o

What does that even mean, in light of all the posts before on this topic?

Axelai
12-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah, it is serious business, being responsible for another living creature, especially if you plan to get it by taking it out of its natural habitat and forcing it to live unnaturally under your roof.
As for the rabbit, I hope she does her research; they involve a lot of care and have special dietary needs.

I said srsbsns because you're treating it as such, when I've said multiple times i was joking.

And i know about rabbits, my friend has one.

You really need to not get so riled up on this. I continually said i was joking.

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 01:56 PM
What does that even mean, in light of all the posts before on this topic?

It's WAY more illegal to smuggle humans into the state. I'd rather have my chance with a pet than a person....I have nothing against Illegals....my father was one till he married my mom and a few of my classmates are illegals as well.

I had two turtles that were from Mexico :3 they were smuggled here when i got them they were like...small enough that they were inside a large 7/11 cup together and still had moving space.

jounink
12-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Oh they can be so bad! I had them running around the week before Christmas, and the white one (Arwen) decided that she wanted to investigate the ceramic nativity set. She knocked over a few of the Wise Men and broke the hand and thumb off of one of them. Nothing that can't be fixed with superglue but she got put away after that.

Funny thing is, she hasn't gone near the nativity before or since. Just that one day when she had to investigate...

Lol, she probably took of thinking "Oh crap!".

I have a white ferret too. Her name is Kitsune :3 I also have a brown male named Kyuubi. I rarely call them by their names though hmmm. :/

SecretSoliloquy
12-30-2010, 02:02 PM
I said srsbsns because you're treating it as such, when I've said multiple times i was joking.

And i know about rabbits, my friend has one.

You really need to not get so riled up on this. I continually said i was joking.

You said you were joking once or twice after the fact, seemingly out of pressure. Being that I dedicate a good portion of my life to animal rights (and not in an armchair activist way), I take statements about illegally smuggling wild animals into your home fairly seriously. I'm sorry if I'm harping on you, but I had no way of knowing how serious you were.

SecretSoliloquy
12-30-2010, 02:03 PM
It's WAY more illegal to smuggle humans into the state. I'd rather have my chance with a pet than a person....I have nothing against Illegals....my father was one till he married my mom and a few of my classmates are illegals as well.

I had two turtles that were from Mexico :3 they were smuggled here when i got them they were like...small enough that they were inside a large 7/11 cup together and still had moving space.

You seem not to be understanding WHY the animals are illegal. It's because they're either endangered or they shouldn't be pets. I doubt the poor turtles you had lived long.

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 02:08 PM
You seem not to be understanding WHY the animals are illegal. It's because they're either endangered or they shouldn't be pets. I doubt the poor turtles you had lived long.

<.< actually they did, i don't have them but my friend across the street does, and they are now bigger than my hand.

The girl didn't like me much though >.> she snapped at me every chance she got.

Ozzy though, he loved me :3

They were gifts to me from my sister's ex-boyfriend's Mom who only got them for me because one of her kids had an uber crush on me.

And i'm not saying i do for a fact smuggle animals over.

And if anything i don't think they are illegal here in texas cause i bought a book on how to care for them from the pet store. Red Eared Sliders :3

SecretSoliloquy
12-30-2010, 02:14 PM
<.< actually they did, i don't have them but my friend across the street does, and they are now bigger than my hand.

The girl didn't like me much though >.> she snapped at me every chance she got.

Ozzy though, he loved me :3

They were gifts to me from my sister's ex-boyfriend's Mom who only got them for me because one of her kids had an uber crush on me.

And i'm not saying i do for a fact smuggle animals over.

And if anything i don't think they are illegal here in texas cause i bought a book on how to care for them from the pet store. Red Eared Sliders :3

I think you're still missing my point. Forget legal or illegal. SHOULD this animal be a pet? In my mind, the only appropriate pets are dogs, cats, and sometimes horses or other such species that are now dependent upon us. I don't think it's right to take an animal out of its natural habitat simply so we can enjoy having it in our possession. That's my point.

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 02:22 PM
I think you're still missing my point. Forget legal or illegal. SHOULD this animal be a pet? In my mind, the only appropriate pets are dogs, cats, and sometimes horses or other such species that are now dependent upon us. I don't think it's right to take an animal out of its natural habitat simply so we can enjoy having it in our possession. That's my point.

It's a turtle.... .-.

Dogs and cats didn't start as pets.....they were trained in early life and bred by humans to be PETS Horses weren't always pets either.

Horses ran the plains and were domesticated by humans long ago so that man could travel greater distances in a short amount of time. We made horses dependent on us but there are still wild horses in the world who don't need humans. Like the horses in Montana who live on a reserve and roam freely and do as they please.

shadowbeam
12-30-2010, 02:26 PM
What's on my mind today - been reading a fair few topics on the forums and alot of them seem to involve arguments lol
I'm going to the happy thread, enjoy!

SecretSoliloquy
12-30-2010, 02:36 PM
It's a turtle.... .-.

Dogs and cats didn't start as pets.....they were trained in early life and bred by humans to be PETS Horses weren't always pets either.

Horses ran the plains and were domesticated by humans long ago so that man could travel greater distances in a short amount of time. We made horses dependent on us but there are still wild horses in the world who don't need humans. Like the horses in Montana who live on a reserve and roam freely and do as they please.

Oh, so, 'it's a turtle', meaning it can't feel pain? Good luck with that mentality. White people used to think that of their black slaves. No, I'm not overexaggerating.

Yes, I know that humans domesticated dogs, horses, and cats, that's my point. They are dependent on us, so it's okay to have them as pets. Not reptiles.

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Actually you are over exaggerating. :/

We don't hit the turtles, we don't throw them around, kick them or anything. They have really nice heating lamps to keep their water nice and warm, they have good food, clean water, and a nice habitat to live in. You can rant on and make me seem like i'm some sort of mental patient for having a turtle or something. Your choice, i'm sticking with it that everything has at one point been domesticated. People all over have turtles, it's not illegal, its not harming the creature if you can take the steps to ensure that it has a good home, shelter, food, water, exercise and such.

I'll admit there are some creatures that should never be kept as pets and those would be the Lion Fish, the Puffer Fish, Piranha or the snake head and such pets like that, a king cobra, rattle snake, any kind of spider or scorpion. Things like that, I wouldn't get one personally...i'm a scared of things like that.

SecretSoliloquy
12-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Actually you are over exaggerating. :/

No, I'm not. Feel free to provide research that proves your point, though.

Your choice, i'm sticking with it that everything has at one point been domesticated.

What?

We don't hit the turtles, we don't throw them around, kick them or anything. They have really nice heating lamps to keep their water nice and warm, they have good food, clean water, and a nice habitat to live in. You can rant on and make me seem like i'm some sort of mental patient for having a turtle or something. People all over have turtles, it's not illegal, its not harming the creature if you can take the steps to ensure that it has a good home, shelter, food, water, exercise and such.

I'm not accusing you of blatant cruelty. Again, in my mind, keeping an animal against its will is a cruelty of its own. You took an animal out of its natural environment so you could have it in your possession. You didn't have to, you just wanted to.

I'll admit there are some creatures that should never be kept as pets and those would be the Lion Fish, the Puffer Fish, Piranha or the snake head and such pets like that, a king cobra, rattle snake, any kind of spider or scorpion. Things like that, I wouldn't get one personally...i'm a scared of things like that.

And I'm sure they, you. But what makes them different than any other animal you pluck up out of the wild?

KaleiDoVi
12-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Got my new cat, he's so adorable! <3 But he's found a new hiding spot behind the couch. =.= I'm just leaving him be until he gets a little more used to my house. XD
And cosplay-relation....I have $38...*goes to look for a wig for a certain cosplay I have to do with meh new kitty*

I'm waiting 'til I see if I'm part of an Ouran group, though, so I might save until I get allowance to get the rest of that cosplay.

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 03:13 PM
As i said i never took it on my own, i never thought to have a turtle till it was gifted to me and even then i kept them no longer than five months. Do you think ANY animal wants to be taken from their home? My dog chose to be with me, i didn't force him, we got him from an abusive family when he walked up to me and tried to follow me home.

Besides Ozzy the Turtle didn't seem to be all that unhappy being a pet. Besides the turtles were got at a pet store in mexico not from their home, they aren't that cruel.

And i'd appreciate it if you stopped ranting your animal rights things to me, do you speak to the animals and get this information from them? If you want to rant about how animals feel make a forum from it, but i can make sure of this i'm done on this subject cause nothing you say will change my mind on views of animals. Cause all animals are more than just pets they are treated for the most part like friends and family.

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Got my new cat, he's so adorable! <3 But he's found a new hiding spot behind the couch. =.= I'm just leaving him be until he gets a little more used to my house. XD
And cosplay-relation....I have $38...*goes to look for a wig for a certain cosplay I have to do with meh new kitty*

I'm waiting 'til I see if I'm part of an Ouran group, though, so I might save until I get allowance to get the rest of that cosplay.

Aww what color ish your kitty? :3

KaleiDoVi
12-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Aww what color ish your kitty? :3

Dark grey. ^~^ That annoys my mom, she won't see him unless he turns her way since he blends in with the shadows. XD

Axelai
12-30-2010, 03:18 PM
This thread is entertaining me. Over reacting person is over reacting.

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Dark grey. ^~^ That annoys my mom, she won't see him unless he turns her way since he blends in with the shadows. XD

Reminds me of the time we were taking care of a pure white kitten who decided to make itself comfortable on a pile of socks my sister went to pick the socks up and the kitten swatted at my sister's hand and freaked her out.

SecretSoliloquy
12-30-2010, 03:22 PM
And i'd appreciate it if you stopped ranting your animal rights things to me, do you speak to the animals and get this information from them? If you want to rant about how animals feel make a forum from it, but i can make sure of this i'm done on this subject cause nothing you say will change my mind on views of animals. Cause all animals are more than just pets they are treated for the most part like friends and family.

I have as much of a right to my opinion on this forum as you do to yours, so I'll say what I please here. I don't need to 'speak' to an animal to know it's not happy in captivity. Do you?
You don't have to accept education, that's your prerogative. I'm not saying you're a bad person, I'm trying to explain to you why you shouldn't just take any animal and make it a pet, regardless of how you got that animal. It's odd how people who feel guilty about something take such philosophical issues so personally.

SecretSoliloquy
12-30-2010, 03:23 PM
This thread is entertaining me. Over reacting person is over reacting.

Oh hai there, cap'n obvious. I'm not overreacting at all, just stating facts. You can take them or leave them. (Obviously, you aren't ignoring them.) I feel that those who are actually upset by these facts are overreacting far more than I am in plainly stating them.

KaleiDoVi
12-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Reminds me of the time we were taking care of a pure white kitten who decided to make itself comfortable on a pile of socks my sister went to pick the socks up and the kitten swatted at my sister's hand and freaked her out.

XD He really just needs to get used to our house. Like, our dog (which doesn't act like a dog, XD) was sniffing him, and I think he just got a little nervous and took off. Then a few minutes later, I tried to go get him, and he took off behind the couch. We're just leaving him be until my dad gets home (which isn't really late) XDDD He'll pull the couch out to get him.
Apparently his name used to be Octagon, now his name is Creeper. owo Cool.

KaleiDoVi
12-30-2010, 03:32 PM
And argh. =w= My sister is PMSing because I got this cat and she can't get a little chihuahua or boxer puppy. >w>

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Creeper XD Epic name. My dog's name is Aiden....He acts more like an annoyingly clingy child then he does a dog....he is actually scared of cats 0___0;;

KaleiDoVi
12-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Creeper XD Epic name. My dog's name is Aiden....He acts more like an annoyingly clingy child then he does a dog....he is actually scared of cats 0___0;;

o_o Mine's just curious. XD Cause Creeper was getting all the attention so he felt left out. XDDD But oh my god. My sister is looking at boxer puppies. =w= *holds Creeper protectively* o_o;;