PDA

View Full Version : Tron: Legacy ( Original Characters, Discs, etc.)

oxVICIOUSxo
12-25-2010, 01:38 AM
Because I'm not going to spend $700+ on a lycra print of some hexagons. Why not go a better route and create a character. If you have seen the movie, played TRON: Evolution, or read TRON: Betrayal. You will notice several other light patterns on clothes and different styles. So there is really no limit, unless your set on a movie replica. Unfortunately, it's probably cheaper to buy a suit from UDreplicas and add EL tape.

If anyone is on the same line of thought and wants to discuss it let's get at it.

Also, finally made an account after lurking here for a year or so.

Here is a sloppy sketch of the front side of the light pattern I'm going to use. Arms weren't finished but I was fighting off ambien to get done.

will design a back as i go probably
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/ballsakd/Untitled.png

Crusader_8
12-25-2010, 02:30 AM
Greetings, Program!
Be sure to read the other thread, then check the resource thread too. Like you said, it's a lot easier to make original work.

oxVICIOUSxo
12-25-2010, 03:45 AM
I already got all my research and ideas done (mostly, it is never truly done). :) So not only have I already started but can answer a lot of others questions that I have seen.

I've come up with, what I believe to be, one of the most cost effective way for actual lighting (not reflective tape, because that is the cheapest haha). Just waiting on EL to arrive. Ordered 30 feet blue 3.2mm and a 9v inverter :D

I'll also draw a diagram soon with a easier to understand explanation on how to mod your identity disc.

and will post pics when i get my chest done.

so far total costs around 75 plan on spending under 100 for lighting we will see though..