PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas?

CosplayCinema
12-25-2010, 01:24 AM
:3 just figured i'd ask we have tons of presents and i can't open any of them yet.

Axelai
12-25-2010, 03:43 AM
I got to open a few from the party today. My aunt SO cheaped out. She gave me pajama pants. ONLY THE PANTS. WHAT IS THIS.

My other aunt gave me a $25 check. Cool, cool. My third aunt (i have many of them) gave me these little metal chinese wall dividers... i have a real lifesized one made of silk, so this was like... a mini version. Pretty cool c:

I'll update this tomorrow with all the new presents :P

UPDATE: I got a scarf, gloves, socks, $20 Jo-Annes giftcard... hellz yeah.

DaemonForce
12-25-2010, 03:55 AM
I got to open a few from the party today. My aunt SO cheaped out. She gave me pajama pants. ONLY THE PANTS. WHAT IS THIS.
Ahahahaha! Maybe she wants you to crossplay in your sleep. :D

So far I got $50. A Grant is always a welcome gift since they last me about a week. I have no idea what I'm getting but I hope there's pants, maybe some chocolate....Gotta have an orange too. ****ing love oranges.

lollydove
12-25-2010, 04:08 AM
MONEY. >:D
Which is what I wanted.
$50 Westfield gift card, $50 cash, $150 Visa Debit gift card.
I FREAKING LOVE YOU, FAMILY :"D

Alexander VI
12-25-2010, 04:12 AM
Money from a lot of people, pacsafe wallet from my mom(Since my dog ate my wallet.) and a Gun's and Amo Magazine from my brother.

And I gave myself a Billabong Board shorts. hehehe...

CosplayCinema
12-25-2010, 04:26 AM
i haven't opened gifts yet :< its an army of gifts too!! me wanna open noa!!!

KaleiDoVi
12-25-2010, 08:01 AM
Sewing Machine!!! :D:D:D
A Sewing Essentials Storage Machine! :3 It has thread, scissors, pincushion and pins, etc.
Black Butler DVD should arrive at my house the day it comes out. =3 I'm so friggin excited!
PSP w/ Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Sooo happy. :D And I can get Persona 3 Portable or whatever it's called. Cosplay opporutunity!
$150 cash.
Clothes
One of those hoodies with headphones in the strings.
A penguin with an afro! Keychain charm
Candy :3
Japanese puzzle erasers ^_^
Michael Jackson Wii Game

....I love my family! :D And I've still got my other grandmother's house to go to, will update when I can. ^_^

Gypsyangelf4i
12-25-2010, 08:21 AM
So far...Money!!! YAYZ

I open the normal presents later.

Kawaiichibiz
12-25-2010, 10:17 AM
So far I've got, sewing lessons, a really awesome black coat, lots of jewlery, xbox kinect, and some games XD ... but no money. :\

Kaoru133
12-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Oh! I got a sweing maching too! I've been hand stiching small stuff for a while now, so i can finally take on bigger projects. =D Just need to learn how to use it first. xD I recieved money(yay!) and DS games aswell. so i'm pretty happy. ^__^

PinkSelphie
12-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Clothes from american apparel, a cute hat, a warm hoodie, a dumbledore's army shirt, warm boots, a joann fabrics gift card, and an itunes gift card, which I used to but Romeo + Juliet from itunes. (:

oh! and a kingdom hearts pillowcase that glows in the dark. c:

kuroki-neko
12-25-2010, 10:49 AM
fondeu pot
new camo bed sheets
hair dryer
that nerf wii game
new shower head for my shower
thats all so far ill post more later

CosplayCinema
12-25-2010, 11:16 AM
I Got A New Ipod Touch!!!

kuroki-neko
12-25-2010, 11:35 AM
oks more stuff... an office chair various candys a body pillow, a weighted 10 lb vest and wighted arm/ankle wights

Rainbowgasm
12-25-2010, 12:00 PM
so far...
Zero uniform
3 wigs
2 Coastal Scents Palettes
all of that arrived before but it was with the intention of XP

lotsa socks thermal and normal
chocolate
rip-off Snuggie-like thing
new purse
new wallet
pajama pants (its more common then you think! its a... pick your own shirt situation XP)
Hello Kitty shirt 8D I never liked the show or w/e it was, but the merch is cute!
a few suit bags for costumes
some other little things I don't care to mention 'cause they are small and... not important XP

I will have more tomorrow because I still have out of town christmas to do XP

TaoKyuubimon
12-25-2010, 12:48 PM
So far, my mom bought this fursuit that I wanted lol. So I got that. Scoreeee.
DVDs of stuff: Despicable Me, Soul Eater part four, Ghostbusters 1 and 2
Books: A Lion Among Men, Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex
And my dad got me a lava lamp! xDDDD
and there's step family in California that I'm going to go see later... after a couple nice plane rides through Chicago in the snow. D:<

Dramakana26
12-25-2010, 01:05 PM
I got 2 Wig, Pokemon ornaments, Foam wig heads,a Len Kagamine [Magnet white]costume,joann fabrics and Ulta giftcard, Random Hello kitty and pokemon stuff,oil paint set, various clothes and money XD[which is all going toward cosplay XD]

KittyAngel
12-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Well.... I usually ask for a Hot Topic gift card so I can go pick out my gifts from there and I'm open to anything, EXCEPT for Hello Kitty and the color pink (pink is an overated color imo. I can deal with it if your a toddler or just a little girl in general, but not for teens and adults xp) But, I do have a Hello Kitty bath robe from one Christmas that is quite soft and cozy ^^

Okay, despite my anti-pink ranting, I've gotten

Christmas Eve

My other family members:

Vinella flavored smelly socks (yes, I said smelly socks)
Green fingernail polish
3 fingernail files, one is a light blue that says "I :heart: " with a nerdy panda on it, the second was a sparkly maroon-ish color, and the last one was dark grey color

Chirstmas Day

5 new combination shirts. All from Rue 21 (Rue 21 has my taste^^)

I almost got either a Hot Topic or Handcock Fabrics gift card or some money so I could choose, but not this year. Oh well.... who cares about the gifts as long as family's around, right? I can live without it (but Hancock Fabrics is having a 1/2 off sale right now, so a Hancocks gift card would be awsome right about now.:eek: )

DaemonForce
12-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Hello Kitty shirt 8D I never liked the show or w/e it was, but the merch is cute!
Welcome to Hello Kitty Hell. You'll be drawn in until you have no other choice than to obey. You will fall in love with every Hello Kitty gadget and possibly even scar your body to finally show your undivided lust for this unattainable form of cute. ;)

So far I got a new dress shirt and some black pants. They're too big though. I'm surprised. I thought I would be a 34x34 too.

marthvader
12-25-2010, 03:22 PM
I got a dress form! :D It is AWESOME! Too bad I can't make anything yet, since I spent all my money on Christmas presents for my family... I guess that means I have to earn some. Ah, well. They seemed to like them.

Also, dark chocolate, socks, fingerless gloves, a hair straightener, and hair stuff, among other things.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Crusader_8
12-25-2010, 03:38 PM
I got a walmart gift card and also a marvel encyclopedia. It was HUGE.

I also got the first marvel appearance of valkyrie and a black-and-white essentials volume of the original green lantern comics (1-17 then it has 20-22).

gothicadam
12-25-2010, 06:05 PM
I got a 20 dollar pizza hut giftcard and a 15 dollar subyway gift card which i plan using tommrow:)(well one of them)

KaleiDoVi
12-25-2010, 06:22 PM
And adding in to my list on the front page...After dad's side:
I realized my cousin is the custest baby ever xD
I got $200 total. YEEEE!!! =3
A black Snuggie! YUS!
A scarf
More candy!
Arranged sewing lessons with my grandmother. :D

AND IT'S SNOWING!!!!!! I'M SO FRIGGIN HAPPY!! Time for Black Butler cosplay pics! :)

Axelai
12-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Ahahahaha! Maybe she wants you to crossplay in your sleep. :D

XD Except they're pink and sparkly.

DaemonForce
12-25-2010, 07:37 PM
XD Except they're pink and sparkly.
That doesn't stop some guys. Why will it stop a girl? :3

Kildread
12-25-2010, 07:44 PM
A thousand bucks.

That's it so far :P

J.Kazama
12-25-2010, 07:53 PM
I got a video camera! <3 I wanted one for so long, now I got one!
And one of those Monster High dolls? The vampire one. Mom saw it on...walmart, I believe? and said "I so have to get this for Jo" because it was a vampire, weird looking doll...like mostly all the stuff I have in my room xD (cosplay included on that list).

But that's not the only day we receive gifts this season! So looking forward to Dia de Reyes on January 6 (this is the day that you don't only receive gifts in your house, but everyone in your family and some close friends gives you gifts too! ^_^) so I expect more presents...mostly money but a gift is a gift!

Axelai
12-25-2010, 07:55 PM
A thousand bucks.

That's it so far :P

LUCKYYYYYY.

I was banking on christmas money this year to pay for cosplay :'| First christmas i got NO MONEY. RAAAAAAAAAAGE

belligerent
12-25-2010, 08:15 PM
I got a gorilla mask (hell yes), a couple of jackets/sweatshirty things because I am perpetually cold, new running shoes, some drafting pencils, etc. For an Xmas gift for myself, I bought some CDs to help keep me sane at work (Amon Amarth, Finntroll, 69 Eyes, Dark Tranquility, Combichrist). Not sure it will work. May be too late.

stardust760
12-25-2010, 08:33 PM
every episode of sailormoon and a ipod touch 4th gen. those r my top 2 :D

MDA
12-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Nintendo Wii (black) with Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort + Wii Motion Plus
Big Ben collector Barbie doll (yeah, I still collect them...)
Peter Rabbit plush
Antique children's Christmas tea set (almost 100 years old)
Antique tea set with original display box (75-125 years old)
Disney Epic Mickey (oh yeah~!)
Small plush lion
Dragon ring
Fleur-de-lys pendant
Skull tie
Gel pens
Chocolate
$70 cash (putting towards Con-G in February)
Wall hanging by Anne Stokes
Sony headphones
Fishing lures
Ornaments
Art kit

Nothing cosplay related this year.... but I still have whatever my boyfriend's bought for me... and I'm not getting that till next week when I go to see him.

Echosong
12-25-2010, 09:31 PM
In Ear Headphones
Howl's Moving Castle
Origin, Spirits of the Past
Ghost in the Shell
Bleach: The Movie
Purple skinny jeans
An Abney Park T-Shirt
DJ Hero 2

Haato
12-25-2010, 10:18 PM
My dad got me a 750GB portable drive *____* That's all I really wanted besides a DSLR and BJDs which I prefer to buy myself. I also got my package from Taobao which I guess could be considered as a gift for myself xD;

ShinobiXikyu
12-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Gorgeous sapphire earrings, a new camera and battery charger, Star Wars original trilogy box set, chocolates including pocky, a little tinkerbell pendant, a multipack of earrings, a nerf gun, a metal ice cream scoop (though that's also a gift for everyone, not JUST me), an assload of body butter than I'm going to regift because I ALREADY have an assload to go through, an Indigo giftcard (yay, new manga!), a $50 gift card for the mall, and $30 in gift certs to fabricland. And I get more gifts tomorrow and New Year's. (Visiting my other side of the family, and THEN my boyfriend's family.)

daylight
12-25-2010, 11:11 PM
shadow heartless hat
heartless crest jacket
hamburger ear muffs
hello kitty MP3 speaker

candy and clothes
a cool book

Shana05
12-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Pajamas
Eclipse DVD
Emily the Strange book
Lip gloss set
Case for my iPod
Modern Family DVD

I haven't gotten my brother's present yet, though. My parents also ordered a stereo for my iPod but it hasn't arrived yet.

ChaseMeDaisy
12-25-2010, 11:46 PM
500GB Portable Hard Drive
Around $710 in cash
2 Coastal Scents palettes
Facial steamer
Pair of mix-style headphones
Some jewerly
Hetalia Season 2 DVD
$25 Amazon Gift Card
$50 JoAnn Fabrics Gift Card

I'm really happy with what I got ^^ I wasn't expecting to get much considering I only asked and really wanted a portable hard drive (my laptop has practically no room left on it).

Eau de Decus
12-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Hmm, a 1TB external drive, some various clothes and whatnot that I really, really needed, various things for my laptop, candy [love me some candy], and some blu-ray DVDs/CDs that I wanted and a bad stomach ache from so much food...oh the horror...so much ham...

MythrilDragon
12-26-2010, 12:27 AM
I got a The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - The Complete Recordings CD and a copy of Video Games Live: Volume 1 (I already have the Level 2 CD and DVD, but there are some other cool pieces on Volume 1).
I also got Epic Mickey the other day when I went to Nintendo World, and I'm really enjoying it so far despite the camera issues :P

Lithium Flower
12-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Alternate title: Swag Brag :p

I asked for cash and cash is what I got. 60$ from my father and step mother (I do not live with them) and a check for another 60$ to cash in a week.
Another 60$ from my brother.
10$ from my grandmother
25$ from my boyfriends family (that I felt really crappy taking but he refused to let me give it back)
Between my mother and grandmother I got: New Pjs, brush set that came with its own cloth roll, watercolor paper, Prismacolor watercolor pencils, mixing pallete, Pac-Man tee shirt, knee socks, annndd undies :x
From my sister I got thick watercolor papers,an 18 tube watercolor paint set, and more brushes
My boyfriend got me two DS games and the replacement charger cord, a Totoro plush toy, and his mother got me a Hello Kitty bag with a little purse. Earlier this month he got me Prismacolor pencils from sale at his work but I am counting those too. Annnnd his unconditional affections xD

I was astonished his mother got me anything, she really didn't have to do a thing for me and I felt kind of bad taking anything from her at all :/ somehow people giving me gifts just makes me feel kinda weird like "What did I do to deserve this?" kinda thing. It was just so so nice of her.

HidingintheMist
12-26-2010, 05:08 PM
-Riding crop(for a cosplay)
-Black top hat with black feathers and roses
-Kuroshitsuji phantomhive emblem pin
-Pattern for a cosplay
-Ciel Phantomhive's silver ring
-Vampire Hunter D - Dark Road Part 3
-$25 Barnes and Noble giftcard
-$187
-Acrylic Paints
-Watercolor paper and pencils
-Sketchbook
-Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
-Zombieland DVD
-A Hellsing DVD
-Kuroshitsuji playing cards
-A little tiara o-o;;
-some Winter Guard stuff
-really comfy pj bottoms

kuroki-neko
12-26-2010, 06:21 PM
oka the other stuff i got was

10lb wighted vest and ankle/wights
$100 cash

thats it nothing special.. stuc with my old busted ds and old game systems its ok i just wish i could have gotten somthing that was wothwhile. funny thing is i have gift cards form my b-day and i stll have not used them my parents are too fn slefish and lazy to take me even when were out driving :/

Rainbowgasm
12-26-2010, 10:57 PM
so far...
Zero uniform
3 wigs
2 Coastal Scents Palettes
all of that arrived before but it was with the intention of XP

lotsa socks thermal and normal
chocolate
rip-off Snuggie-like thing
new purse
new wallet
pajama pants (its more common then you think! its a... pick your own shirt situation XP)
a few suit bags for costumes
some other little things I don't care to mention 'cause they are small and... not important XP

I will have more tomorrow because I still have out of town christmas to do XP

more!

- $25 Mastercard thing...
- $15 Tim Horten's card that I traded for $15 normal dollers with my mom XP
- origami set
- big box of chocolate pocky
- little box of strawberry pocky

so I ended up with $105 in cash... hopefully enough to buy my material for Kaito Sandplay at least :S

MercuryLampe
12-28-2010, 01:21 PM
So much chiz c: I am happy~

I got~

Ayumi Hamasaki (miss)understood CD+DVD
Ayumi Hamasaki Love songs 1st press Limited Edition SD+DVD+USB
Ayumi Hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2005 A ~MY STORY~
Perfume VOICE CD only
Perfume Triangle CD only
Black Butler Volume 1
Adorable fluffy plushie :3
A new camera (so I don't have to take crappy pictures with my phone anymore!)
XBox 360 + Kinect + 4 games
Coach purse
Adorable new iPod headphones
$25 iTunes giftcard
$25 Target giftcard
$30 GameStop giftcard
$150 cash C:

Sooo my debt is paid off, and I still have a ton of money left over to spend on my cosplay~ Oh yesh I had a great Christmas C:

sam vimes
12-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Socks and a down comforter.

talkenia
12-28-2010, 02:05 PM
FMA pocket watch and hetalia vol 1
and shampoo, soap and stuff.. XD

hypersoda
12-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Makeup, Hetalia Season 2, iPod Touch, clothes, Apples to Apples, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, some money, and some candy.

Eurobeat King
12-28-2010, 05:37 PM
I received for Christmas:

-$$
-Macy's Gift Card
-Shirt (from Macy's) that I plan to exchange to get something else
-Best Buy Gift Card (which I used to get Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition for the 360)
-True Blood Season 2 on DVD
-World Series 2010: Texas Rangers vs. San Francisco Giants Documentary DVD

Not-sure if this counts, but back in November when I missed a flight, delaying my arrival to Anime USA, I received a voucher for a flight. I used that voucher for a ticket to Ohayocon next month, so that was a gift from the airline to me, or a gift to myself. Either way, I'm happy. :D

marshmallowpie
12-28-2010, 07:51 PM
PokÚPark, a Nintendo points card, $50, lots of candy, pajamas, and a Star Wars calendar... well, those were the better of the things I got. (I always end up getting a lot of random things that are more something my sister would like, and then whichever parent bought it just bought one for me too... nail polish? not really my kind of thing. and what would I do with scrapbooking stickers?)

xXZelda-SheikXx
12-28-2010, 11:39 PM
$150 from grandparents and aunty
tweety pajamas from my aunty (really? i normally sleep in a Metallica t shirt and shorts)
money from another aunty, i can't remember how much:lol:
money from my uncle
and best of all tickets for 4 different gigs:D

iSaucyCosplay
12-29-2010, 01:01 AM
I got money from almost everyone, I was kinda bummed I didn't get this hat I wanted but moneys always good :3

I also got an iPod Touch from my parents because my old one fell in the toilet and exploded :c
And then I got a Black Rock Shooter Figma :'DDDDD

and then a crap load of candy :0

Michi
12-30-2010, 11:24 PM
- sewing machine
- Persona 3 Portable for PSP
- a pink PS3 controller (got a pink 360 controller 3 days earlier for my birthday!)
- handknit fingerless gloves made by my boyfriend's mom
- a bunch of BioShock 2 swag because my boyfriend's brother works for 2K
- Star Trek Scene It! board game
- a few pairs of fuzzy socks
- Super Mario Galaxy plush from my brother, haha
- Victoria's Secret pajamas <3
- Forever 21 pajamas
- Bath & Body Works Japanese cherry blossom lotion set
- gift cards for Old Navy, H&M, Gap, Starbucks
- gift certificates for Amazon.com (where I always spoil myself)
- $50 Visa gift card

My birthday and Christmas are really close together and this was off the top of my head, so it might be incomplete. Either way, well. Last year's Christmas and birthdaytime were amazing so I can't imagine anything topping it. (I got a PS3, for example.) But I still appreciated everything I got this year, for sure. :)

CountMetal
12-31-2010, 12:49 AM
-Clothes
-A can of English Toffee
-$120
-Chocolates
-Outlaw Star Complete Collection
-Trigun Complete Collection
-Sakura Wars Complete Collection
-Valkyria Chronicles

Unlike the previous Christmases I didn't receive any gift cards to a store, restaurant, movies, etc.

Codename Otacon
12-31-2010, 01:09 AM
You guys are lucky that you get anime stuff for Christmas. My family just gives me money and say; "Here, go spent it on your chinese stuff." :/