PDA

View Full Version : Anoter Wig Question - Spain

Rainbow Muffins
12-25-2010, 10:41 PM
So I have never ordered wigs online before. I have this little costume shop near my house that sells wigs, and I just find one that looks really close to what I need.

So I'm doing Spain for Katsucon '11 and I wanted a nice wig to go with it, and I'm tired of just settling for what the wig shop here has.

I'm just scared that I'll buy a wig and it won't fit my head.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for online shops, and/or directions to a good Spain wig.

THANKS FOR READING! [If there is a thread for this please lead me in that directions...I think I looked well enough...]

Axelai
12-26-2010, 01:13 AM
For wigs that fit your head... do you have a larger head? I hear Epic Cosplay wigs fit larger heads nicely, though i've never tested it myself. I have a smaller head ^^; Though checking Epic Cosplay, i can't find one that'd be good for Spain without a lot of styling.

For Hetalia wigs, i always suggest Fantasy Sheep. While their wigs are a little coarse feeling rather than soft, and shed a little when you first get them, they look WONDERFUL in pictures. Not shiny or anything, and they look really natural. For example, Spain's wig by them: http://cgi.ebay.com/Axis-Powers-Hetalia-Spain-Cosplay-Wig-FREESHIPPING-/220713601713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33638e4ab1#ht_2599wt_905

This is my America wig by Fantasy Sheep: http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/Roccie/america2.png It looks shiny in the picture due to the fact i'm indoors at night with like, 50 lights on XD My normal hair looks that level of shiny in that lighting. Either way, its gotten mistaken for my real hair on multiple occasions.

Anyways, i hope this helps ^^ I'm a huge eBay shopper, so pretty much all my suggestions are usually eBay related xD;; I hope thats okay.

Rainbow Muffins
12-26-2010, 02:25 AM
I wouldn't say my head is large....[[that's where all mah brainz iz!]] I just know that -most of the time-asian people have smaller heads...

But I will defiantly try them out! Thanks for the suggestion!

It does look pretty amazing, and I use eBay for many other things as well.

Thanks again!

Axelai
12-26-2010, 01:32 PM
No problem ^^ I always use Fantasy Sheep for my wigs, and they do look wonderful. Just know that the wig isn't going to be super soft or anything. It feels prickly almost. But it still looks lovely~

meepstio
12-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Please don't believe that thing about asians having smaller heads.. not true ^^; My friends and I order wigs from china all the time and haven't had an issue with them being too small.. even my guy friends were able to fit them.

I bought the Spain wig from Fantasy-Sheep actually :) its not as short as I hoped but its layered quite nicely for Spain. Just needs a bit of a trim. Aren't you Virginia local? I'm doing a taobao batch where you can buy from Fantasy-Sheep for $11(depending how much it cost I remember Spain being $11 but I'll double check) vs. $30 on E-bay. I'm also going to Katsu as well~ If you're interested let me know :D I definitely don't mind helping out~

Axelai
12-26-2010, 09:41 PM
I also order wigs from China all the time, and they've always fit me just fine. But i know for a fact i have a smaller head.

My friend Chris has a larger head, and no wig from China has ever fit him. So i guess its a hit and miss on wig sizes.

Sikorsky
01-11-2011, 01:08 PM
I agree the Fantasy Sheep are amazing, but also recommend CosMonde: http://cgi.ebay.com/APH-Hetalia-Spain-Cosplay-Wig-gift-Coif-/150545770803?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230d3a2933