PDA

View Full Version : Any AnimeNEXT attendees going to AnimeBoston or Katsucon?

Kasai
10-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Those are my next two stops. ^^

I loved AnimeNEXT so much, and everybody there. As someone whose first con was Otakon, saying that AnimeNEXT was more fun means a lot. o.o;;

But seriously, AnimeNEXT was just so personal and intimate.. it was great.

I'd love to meet up with people from AnimeNEXT at Katsu and AnimeBoston, just because you guys were all so very cool. ^^~<3

Anyway, I'll be doing a number of cosplays for those two cons, including..

Ryuichi from Gravitation, Shuichi's ramen mug from Gravi (hee hee), Talim from Soul Calibur II, Risky from Risky-Safety, and Koga from InuYasha.

If anyone else is doing cosplays from those anime... let's make a group!! ^^

::bows in apology for the long post:: I leave now. ^^;;

TyJILDown
10-14-2003, 09:52 PM
MY boyfriend and I shall be attending both Katsucon and AnimeBoston ^^:; We'll be doing cosplay from Berserk, Naruto, Shaman King, and possibly X

SailorMo
10-14-2003, 10:21 PM
I'll be going to Katsucon for sure. Anime Boston is a maybe right now, but can probably swing it.

I have no idea what I'll cosplaying yet, except 1st season Sailor Moon... heehee... ^_^ Boy, this is gonna be fun!

All depends on when I get off my lazy butt, unpack from NEXT and start working on stuff again. >.>

~Mo
AnimeNEXT's Cosplay Team Co-Pilot, kimono guru, and resident Kitty Wench!

TheAnarCHris
10-14-2003, 10:29 PM
I would like to say I'm going to Anime Boston, but at last, I have no clue what my dinero situation will be -/-

hikura
10-14-2003, 11:11 PM
I am going to animeboston but not as any of the cosplayers you are looking for.Sorry.But the smaller cons tend to give you the more intimate feel that larger cons usually can not.The smaller cons are usually more relaxed and you an breathe and get to know many of the people who attend(plus the guests you can usually approach and not worry about hordes of people).For me as of right now i am looking at three costumes maybe even as many as five.My three different Cid Highwind costumes(two unquie ones i came up with plus his regular version).I might ressurect my James Sunderland from Silent Hill 2.Plus i might have My leon Kennedy from Resident Evil 2 costume done by then.
Sailormo you are defintely the kimono guru.I really loved your informative panels.

Cyn
10-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Katsucon all the way! XD

Nekobun
10-15-2003, 01:18 AM
I'll be hitting Katsucon, I believe.

MissRaptor
10-15-2003, 03:06 AM
I might be at Katsucon, but who knows with my broke-ness. ^^'
And then there's that whole business of thinking up another cosplay....hahha!

Studmaster
10-15-2003, 08:36 AM
I'll definetely be at Katsucon, and Anime Boston for sure.

As for my Cosplays. Sore wa Himitsu Desu. :devil:

pak o potatoes
10-15-2003, 12:32 PM
I might be at both of them, providing I have enough money and a ride.

cyborg_mermaid
10-15-2003, 01:43 PM
If my budget doesn't die on me and I can convince my overbearing parents to say yes, then yeah. I've heard all the good stuff about Katsu and it makes me feel 'revengeanceful' against them. ><

Hiroe
10-15-2003, 03:03 PM
I, too, shall be at both Katsucon, and Anime Boston. ^_^

--Drew

zephy
10-15-2003, 08:50 PM
I may be at both. My one roommate wants to go to Anime Boston, I know, so we may be flying up there for the con. I really want to go to Katsucon as well, but I'd probably have to go by myself and don't know if I could afford a room myself there and I dont know anyone whos going that would have extra space (I always feel funny about the whole rooming with random people thing)

PatrickD
10-16-2003, 06:43 PM
I'll be at Anime Boston...although that should come as no real surprise. ;)

The Lord XL
10-16-2003, 06:49 PM
I want to go to anime boston but my dad says its too far away and he wont let me go with friends --;; Being 14 sucks --;;

Oshi
10-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Definately Katsucon. Wouldn't miss it for the world :D

Not sure about Boston. It's two weeks before finals and all... But after the blast I had last year, I really wanna gooo~ T_T

Genki Chan
10-16-2003, 10:14 PM
I'll be at Anime Boston. So far my costumes for that are Tohma from Gravi and Nagi from WKG. I'd like to make another though...

Suggestions, anyone? =D

hikura
10-16-2003, 10:38 PM
Definately Katsucon. Wouldn't miss it for the world :D

Not sure about Boston. It's two weeks before finals and all... But after the blast I had last year, I really wanna gooo~ T_T
Oh come on Oshi.You will need to blow off some steam two weeks before finals.I mean your brain is going to hurt to much from studing to much.What better way then to go to a con and get rid of that excess steam.You said yourself you had a blast last year so you know you will have a blast this year.Plus they have yet to announce any guests.So come on and have some major fun.

Rukawa
10-19-2003, 01:31 AM
yeah finding ways to get to katsucon cheap. definately gonna be at anime boston. Oshi my finals are like the day after the con ends ^^; Must have fun before stressing on those exams

hikura
10-19-2003, 11:27 AM
See i am not the only who agrees on that statement.
Rukawa.I have an idea if you want to save money going to cons.I know it might sound iffy but you never know.If you have a army/navy store near you.You might check it out and pick up a couple of MRE's(meals,ready to eat).They are military rations and they are not to bad.For like 5 or 6 dollars you can get a complete meal that is enough for an entire day.They have all sorts of meals so you will not have any worries about choices.Also check out ebay.Plus i will try to find this one dealer that not only sells on ebay but has his own acutal store front.He sells really fresh ones that are good.

Rukawa
10-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Hm.. I usually have enough to goto the cons. Just wanting to figure better ways to goto them cheaper ^_^ by transportation wise.

Kasai
10-19-2003, 08:25 PM
I don't generally have problems having enough money to get to cons or eat there, but I have trouble finding enough money so I can buy everything I want from the Dealer's Room. ^^;;;

hikura
10-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Hm.. I usually have enough to goto the cons. Just wanting to figure better ways to goto them cheaper ^_^ by transportation wise.
Best way possible is to get together with friends and this way all of you can travel together in one vechile.This way you can split the gas,tolls and what not evenly between three or four people.Plus if you do it with four people the room costs will be cheap.I was luck enough to split the costs of animenexts room with darkmgcngirl and her bf.So it only cost me ony nights stay at the hotel and we stayed two nights.I constantly am trying to wrangle people from my anime group to go to cons with me so it will be cheaper.But so far no luck.The only luck i had is with BAAF and that was with a friend i knew outside of my anime club.
Worse comes to worse you can post a thread in the con you want to go to and say yoru looking for people in your area(which is i think boston for you) that are going to the con and your willing to split the costs with them for the ride and what not.
Hope it helps.If you want i still can try to find that guys website for you.

Rukawa
10-19-2003, 11:54 PM
Heh I know all those already been sharing rooms with people on the boards most of the time. I don't enjoy road trips as much mostly cause it takes forever when your trying to drive down to any of these cons. Guess the longer the trip the cheaper it is cursed..

hikura
10-20-2003, 03:57 PM
I know i am off topic but letme go ahead.It all depends where the con is and what way you go.Like otakon you can not go thru NJ without paying a butt load of tolls.I know that for a fact but if you have four people and split the costs it should not be to bad for total cost.Plus you want to take a break every so often to strecth legs and other things(plus switch drivers) this way it isn't as bad(plus music and reading help lessen the apparent length of a road trip cause it keeps you occupied).Like i said my only problem is finding other people that live in my area to go to cons with me.
But i would love to go to katsucon but i do not know anyone in my area that wants to go.So it would be really impossible for me to go to that con cause it is really to long of a drive to do it by myself.Oh well maybe one day.Any other mood of transportation is to costly combined with the other costs for the con.

zephy
10-20-2003, 05:30 PM
See, the problem sith me is that I cna't find enough people wiling to go , or those that are already have plans to go and stay with other people , or what have you . I 'm rather timid about asking people to room with them or for rides and such. Most of the anime fans I know are college students who can barely afford anything. I love cosplaying which typically entails going to cons, but when you have a limited budget and are trying to figure out ways to go to a con, it gets difficult.

but if anyone happens tobe in th ePhilly area.... ^_^;;;

Kasai
10-21-2003, 06:36 PM
Yeah, see, I have a slightly more unusual situation. The problem for me isn't getting to the cons, or even getting a room.. because of parents. I do not want to stay with my parents.. EVER AGAIN. They rarely bother me when I'm at the con, but the lack of human contact once the doors close is a different story. I'd like to find people to room with, but I'm not so sure that would go over well with my parents. Urgh. Being a fifteen-year-old only-child sucks ass.

ayanami_kat
10-23-2003, 06:37 AM
I'm hoping to make it to Katsucon.

Naiomi
10-25-2003, 09:11 AM
I'll be at Anime Boston.

The Costumes I'll probably be in are

Sora - Kingdom Hearts II

and maybe

Loki - Matatei Loki Ragnarok