PDA

View Full Version : Ugh Westerners....

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 03:49 AM
Are freakin amazing..... :< I'm jealous of pretty much everyone on here cause they look so amazing, amazing photos, amazing costumes, amazing props, amazing photo locations, amazing photographers and such. :/ Makes me really wish I'd try harder in which i will but you know what...I wont have as good a pictures of most of you others TTATT Where i live its not very....cosplay oriented....v.v

((and no i'm not being saracastic :/ i am very jealous of most of you cause you all look so amazing and my pictures and cosplay is just...bleh right now...))

Axelai
12-28-2010, 03:53 AM
Then work extra hard on your costumes! *thumbs up*

I'm so jealous of all these cosplayers i see from Russia. Is that place awesome for photoshoots or what? <3

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 03:55 AM
Oh yea. A lot of places are really amazing if you look hard enough though. And I'm working on it. I've spent like weeks just looking for the best materials and such. :o

BsWN
12-28-2010, 03:56 AM
I agree, although it was Germany. All the best Mello and Matt cosplayers come from Germany... >.<

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Yea I've noticed that :o I <3 Matt cosplayers the most though @w@

BsWN
12-28-2010, 04:07 AM
The best Matt cosplayer I've ever seen who's still active would have to be xKakashiForever on dA, and to stay on topic, she's from Germany. O.O And as for Mello; I like to think that my Mello's the best XP

LilMaibe
12-28-2010, 04:54 AM
Well, I think it might be cause over here a costumer is mainly rated by skill shown in the costume making and acting, not by popularity of the show or his/her race :)

(this sounds odder than intended >_> sorry if it somehow manages to offend someone X_x )

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 04:57 AM
Yea but personally 'westerners' yea including myself we just seem so natural and we are having fun with it not overplaying it with the 'IT HAS TO BE PERFECT' I love it when people look like they are having fun and enjoying themselves in pictures as opposed to trying to be dead perfect

LilMaibe
12-28-2010, 05:02 AM
Yea but personally 'westerners' yea including myself we just seem so natural and we are having fun with it not overplaying it with the 'IT HAS TO BE PERFECT' I love it when people look like they are having fun and enjoying themselves in pictures as opposed to trying to be dead perfect

dead perfect never works (personally I have a slight disorder when it comes to at least getting the costume good...it doesn't matter if it doesn't match the reference to a T, as long as the bloody seems and patterns are 100% I get mad otherwise)

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:05 AM
XD yea cause you know what no one can get their costume exactly straight to a T unless of course your working with the person who made the character in the first place.... .-.

LilMaibe
12-28-2010, 05:09 AM
XD yea cause you know what no one can get their costume exactly straight to a T unless of course your working with the person who made the character in the first place.... .-.

*looks at what's done of her original design* Not even then in some cases >_> X_x

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:10 AM
:o oh....lol

DaemonForce
12-28-2010, 05:11 AM
I still haven't figured out what character I look like so my cosplays are going to be hit and miss for a while. :/

LilMaibe
12-28-2010, 05:13 AM
:o oh....lol

Well, it's the skirt

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:15 AM
Well, it's the skirt

I can't draw/design skirts to save my life....

LilMaibe
12-28-2010, 05:18 AM
I can't draw/design skirts to save my life....

Sometimes I manage XD you can check the design somewhere in my journal. got a link there somewhere

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:18 AM
I still haven't figured out what character I look like so my cosplays are going to be hit and miss for a while. :/

Same here i've gotten suggestions one of them was Rukia but I'm not sure XD they said it was cause the way my face looked that i had that round cute young look and i was just like 'bleh.....' I'm not going to bind to cosplay Rukia...when i can not bind and use my bust to my advantage like for Orihime, Rangiku or Halibel.

It shouldn't matter if you look 'perfect' for it :3 as long as your having fun and your comfortable...right?

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:20 AM
Sometimes I manage XD you can check the design somewhere in my journal. got a link there somewhere

Awesome i'll be sure to look, when i perfect my design i'll show you what i have for my Halloween Town Kairi costume if you want :o

LilMaibe
12-28-2010, 05:24 AM
Awesome i'll be sure to look, when i perfect my design i'll show you what i have for my Halloween Town Kairi costume if you want :o

That'd be nice :D

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:27 AM
So what are you?

I'm Italian, French, Norwegian, Irish, and Hispanic :o

LilMaibe
12-28-2010, 05:29 AM
So what are you?

I'm Italian, French, Norwegian, Irish, and Hispanic :o

German. Polish and Tchechian (what's the term by now?) if you count were my grandparents came from

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:32 AM
:O You got good genes i bet.

Axelai
12-28-2010, 05:35 AM
*jumps in* I'm 1/4th Mexican-Indian, 1/4th Irish, 1/8th Spanish, 1/16th Italian, 1/16th French, and then the last 1/4 is German, Russian, and Polish. Not exactly sure which two are 1/16th and which is 1/8th, though my mom is guessing the 1/8th is the Polish (I HOPE NOT).

AKA I'm American c:

LilMaibe
12-28-2010, 05:36 AM
:O You got good genes i bet.

No idea. I think my eyes can switch colour, but i'm not really certain O_o

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:40 AM
*jumps in* I'm 1/4th Mexican-Indian, 1/4th Irish, 1/8th Spanish, 1/16th Italian, 1/16th French, and then the last 1/4 is German, Russian, and Polish. Not exactly sure which two are 1/16th and which is 1/8th, though my mom is guessing the 1/8th is the Polish (I HOPE NOT).

AKA I'm American c:

0-0 your even more or a 'mutt' than i am XD i'm not to fond of the 'mexican' part (aka my dad who is from mexico) because it only affected me 3 ways in which i hate. the width of my nose, my large bust, and my height TTATT i'm the shortest in my family, i have the biggest bust in my family and i am the one that doesn't have our family's perfect Italian nose :< so i hardly even look like my mom's side of the family. I'm jealous cause you have a cute nose :<

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:40 AM
No idea. I think my eyes can switch colour, but i'm not really certain O_o

They probably do, my two nieces eye change colors between blue and green and hazel. but they are Cambodian and White

DaemonForce
12-28-2010, 05:47 AM
the width of my nose, my large bust, and my height TTATT i'm the shortest in my family, i have the biggest bust in my family and i am the one that doesn't have our family's perfect Italian nose :<
It all makes you adorable. <3

I'm 1/4 Mexican, 1/8 Irish and the rest is trash. I don't even want to know who what or why.

Axelai
12-28-2010, 05:50 AM
0-0 your even more or a 'mutt' than i am XD i'm not to fond of the 'mexican' part (aka my dad who is from mexico) because it only affected me 3 ways in which i hate. the width of my nose, my large bust, and my height TTATT i'm the shortest in my family, i have the biggest bust in my family and i am the one that doesn't have our family's perfect Italian nose :< so i hardly even look like my mom's side of the family. I'm jealous cause you have a cute nose :<

Funny thing is, my dad has pretty dark skin... and my mom looks Aryan (platinum blonde hair and blue eyes). So i got this weird... mish mash... thing. My skin looks normal pale when you see me from a distance, or a picture. But put my arm up against any normal white person, and i'm a light brown rather than a light pink. Hella weird.

And dude, i got a weird body stature D: I'm 5'6'', i have a long torso but short legs, my hips are huge, my chest is small... gahhh...

And my nose has a weird bump on it :| Not cute at all

LilMaibe
12-28-2010, 05:50 AM
They probably do, my two nieces eye change colors between blue and green and hazel. but they are Cambodian and White

Blue green and grey here. Mostly when I'm exhausted, hungry or plain tired (or when it's hot)

Axelai
12-28-2010, 05:51 AM
My eyes are bluish grey on the outside, yellow green on the inner rim. So they look green from a distance c:

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:53 AM

I'm 1/4 Mexican, 1/8 Irish and the rest is trash. I don't even want to know who what or why.

Having a big bust isn't adorable D: it's a pain.

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 05:55 AM
Funny thing is, my dad has pretty dark skin... and my mom looks Aryan (platinum blonde hair and blue eyes). So i got this weird... mish mash... thing. My skin looks normal pale when you see me from a distance, or a picture. But put my arm up against any normal white person, and i'm a light brown rather than a light pink. Hella weird.

And dude, i got a weird body stature D: I'm 5'6'', i have a long torso but short legs, my hips are huge, my chest is small... gahhh...

But you do look great in all your pictures as well as Lil, she looks very 'pixie' 'elfish' I love it :o

You'd both be perfect for Legend of Zelda cosplays. I claim Princess Agitha (bug princess in twilight princess) I will admit i have some of her features atleast :3

DaemonForce
12-28-2010, 05:59 AM
That's why we invented very strong supports. :3
Yay delicious flat chest! Squeee! :D
Aw I do too right now. I need to change pillowcases and wash my face. >.<'

Axelai
12-28-2010, 05:59 AM
But you do look great in all your pictures as well as Lil, she looks very 'pixie' 'elfish' I love it :o

You'd both be perfect for Legend of Zelda cosplays. I claim Princess Agitha (bug princess in twilight princess) I will admit i have some of her features atleast :3

I always wanted to cosplay as Malon * o *

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 06:00 AM
I always wanted to cosplay as Malon * o *

Oh you'd be perfect for her :o

DaemonForce
12-28-2010, 06:05 AM
Oh you'd be perfect for her :o
Malon, Romani, Cremia, Anju....Whatever. There are so many incarnations that I don't even care anymore. Though I've seen one good cosplay of her. It's weird but I'm just not ready to see Zelda cosplay. I've seen Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, the guard, Nabooru, and recently Saria. I have yet to see anyone try their luck at Malon, Impa or Twinrova. I guess I just had high expectations. :/

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Well the two characters from Zelda i'd like to do are the Skull Kid and Agitha :o

DaemonForce
12-28-2010, 06:13 AM
Oh I saw Skull Kid (http://24.22.176.132/Photo/Default.aspx?albummode=Page&albumpath=%2fphoto%2fax2009%2fPIC_1261.JPG). That was a huge surprise at AX09 and that's the reason I got a new camera. Ugh I hate camcorders. x_X

nannyogg
12-28-2010, 07:29 AM

LOL, I have the opposite with legs and torso... I have long legs and short torso. Also have the huge hips, well defined waist, but only medium bust (and it goes away if I lose weight). Most of my ancestors are from Scotland (I'm 4th generation on my mom's side), with a little Welsh, Irish, French, and Nez Perce thrown in for good measure. I always get asked if I'm Spanish.

J.Kazama
12-28-2010, 09:17 AM

I so agree with this. It's not adorable -_- it's a hazard.

I wanna cosplay Twinrova...but I gotta lose weight first.

Yui
12-28-2010, 09:25 AM

Aha! I see you going around, complimenting everyone. Don't think that I'm not noticing.

DaemonForce
12-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Aha! I see you going around, complimenting everyone. Don't think that I'm not noticing.
Yes you see what I did there. Aha! :D

Alyxiane
12-28-2010, 10:43 AM
I wanna join in! haha :D

I'm pretty much a petite one. About 5'2" with an A cup, 100-something lbs, and decent-sized proportions overall. (I just wish my legs are a little bit skinnier or longer. -.-)

I'm probably the envy of some people. lolwut :P

Lithium Flower
12-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Dude's; French girls. -jealous-

Flora88
12-28-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm cool with my body. Though at times I wish I wasn't the poster girl for estrogen. It's SO hard to crossplay. Seriously. I have to make SO many modifications in order to really crossplay.

I'm totally jealous of people with the money to do the stuff they want to. I'm a full-time student and publishing intern (unpaid...it's pretty much slave labor) and my brother is in college as well, so there's not a lot of money to go around. :(

marshmallowpie
12-28-2010, 07:45 PM
This is somewhat random, but, I hate the term "western". Thanks to our good friend Meg, I see it all the time, but it just makes me think of cowboys and stuff. :\ And, I'm on the eastern side of North America. :P

yamibakura03
12-28-2010, 08:21 PM
I still have a long way to go but im getting there ^^

CosplayCinema
12-28-2010, 09:12 PM
This is somewhat random, but, I hate the term "western". Thanks to our good friend Meg, I see it all the time, but it just makes me think of cowboys and stuff. :\ And, I'm on the eastern side of North America. :P

I put 'westerners' cause i was thinking we could all talk about how we are all sooo amazing in our own ways and it'd just piss him off to see that we are happy. :3

@Flora-It's okay we don't have much money either which was why i was so surprised i got a new ipod for christmas. I think your crossplay came out great though XD

@Aly-Yup....i'm jealous of you...i'm 4`11, with large Ds, pudgy(i weigh 183 lbs TTATT))

Alyxiane
12-29-2010, 12:03 AM
^ But you're lovely with your features! :3

I'm full-blooded Filipino (and therefore Asian), so my small stature is pretty expected. :P I'm just Americanized (and living in West Coast California of all places).

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks :o I will admit though, my most favorite features on me would have to be my eyes and my smile.

There are a lot of asians in Cali :o especially San Fransico.....surprisingly i saw a bunch of very hot Chinese, Korean, Japanese and such guys. I had figured they would be else where living it up but nope, there were a few in each part of town(China Town, Japan Town) <3 even on the pier and on that one beach that is really foggy they took some pictures of the places i couldn't get to for me and one took off his shirt...i'm getting off topic now D:

Cadmium Polyphony
12-29-2010, 12:11 AM
...i'm getting off topic now D:

Getting off topic, in an off-topic forum?

The DEVIL you say!

Alyxiane
12-29-2010, 12:17 AM
XD I live in the Bay Area particularly but I don't go to San Francisco often. But yeah, a lot of Asians can definitely be seen. In fact, the high school I go to has a significant large Asian student population and quite a bit of Filipinos as well (in the California system, they consider Asian and Filipino to be separate ethnic groups). Granted, we're not necessarily known to have good-looking guys in the school but oh well. XD

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Getting off topic, in an off-topic forum?

The DEVIL you say!

XD I like to mention that i'm going off topic though since i seem to do it in real life as well

"Yea Sora...Um....I really like you and....AWW LOOK AT THE PUPPY WUPPY ACROSS THE STREET!!!" Yea....thats how i broke it to the guy i liked that i liked him XD

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 12:21 AM
XD I live in the Bay Area particularly but I don't go to San Francisco often. But yeah, a lot of Asians can definitely be seen. In fact, the high school I go to has a significant large Asian student population and quite a bit of Filipinos as well (in the California system, they consider Asian and Filipino to be separate ethnic groups). Granted, we're not necessarily known to have good-looking guys in the school but oh well. XD

Yea....our asians guys here in El Paso aren't much the the females are very pretty they look mature and their own age. I saw one girl, she had the straight across bangs her hair was curly, she had bright red lipstick on and one of those puffy jackets with the faux fur around the hood, skinny jeans and black pumps....I hated her cause she looked stunning.....But then again she was part Chinese and Hispanic, a lot of our hispanic girls look asian it's very interesting

Alyxiane
12-29-2010, 12:30 AM
^ The fact that Hispanics tend to look Asian is an interesting scientific case (I'm a tiny science nut xP). I take a biotechnology class at school and we had a lab on finding a certain gene in each of our DNA. We then looked up a website on how much of the world population has the gene. It turns out that the highest frequency of people with the particular gene is located in South America with China, Taiwan, and the Philippines following it. This led to the possibility that the South Americans somehow crossed the Pacific to China and then Taiwan and so forth which explains how the gene has spread (and apparently affects the physical appearance to an extent).

... I feel so smarty pants. XD

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 12:31 AM
D: I had to re read that to understand it XD i'm currently taking Physics and Chemistry

Alyxiane
12-29-2010, 12:37 AM
It's chemistry and biotechnology for me. I have a friend who's taking chemistry, physics, and AP Biology. It somewhat baffles my mind actually how someone is willing to take that many science classes. XD

Flora88
12-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Ohhh! Okay. It's a "Yay, I'm great no matter where I'm from!" sort of thing. I gotcha. ;)

As far as my body goes, I love:
my free-thinking, independent mind
my naturally red hair
my delicately pointed nose
my huge hazel eyes
my weirdly-pale skin
my full lips
my long legs
my BOOBS! (yaaaay, boobs!)
my 24" waist that will soon be 20" with corset training
my curves

Oh, and I also love living in a country in which there are men who treat me like a person rather than a piece of meat.
We've got a long way to go, but, Proud, you've reminded me that, all in all, America's doing SO much better than so many other places. And I'd much rather be wherever you're NOT. :)

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 12:43 AM
It's chemistry and biotechnology for me. I have a friend who's taking chemistry, physics, and AP Biology. It somewhat baffles my mind actually how someone is willing to take that many science classes. XD

Oh....yea i'm taking Forensics next year.....i'm required to have 4 years of science TT.TT

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 12:45 AM
That's the way to think Flora X3 I'm jealous of your figure as well.....

>.>

But i took the road to weight loss and so far i was 145, five years ago, last year i was 198, and currently i'm 183 :3 so i'm slowly trying to work back down to 145 and maybe my bust will shrink....

Whats this Corset training?

Flora88
12-29-2010, 12:51 AM
While we're on genetics, did you guys know that apparently Asians and Caucasians share the same root ancestors? We're very much cut from the same cloth.

And our ancestors (before we split into Asians and Caucasians) apparently mated with neanderthals. Seriously. So both Caucasians and Asians are, to some small degree, descended from neanderthals. I can't remember in which magazine I read this, but I was like, "Whoa."

There goes Proud's racially pure theory. Not only are "Westerners" and "Asians" derived from the same root people, but that root group mated with neanderthals.

African races, however, did not mate with neanderthals.

Flora88
12-29-2010, 12:53 AM
That's the way to think Flora X3 I'm jealous of your figure as well.....

>.>

But i took the road to weight loss and so far i was 145, five years ago, last year i was 198, and currently i'm 183 :3 so i'm slowly trying to work back down to 145 and maybe my bust will shrink....

Whats this Corset training?

Okay, corset training is essentially wearing a corset (that has been carefully fitted to you) for, like, six to twelve hours a day. Your body will, over a period of around six months or so, begin to be shaped or modified by the corset. :D

Cadmium Polyphony
12-29-2010, 12:54 AM
While we're on genetics, did you guys know that apparently Asians and Caucasians share the same root ancestors? We're very much cut from the same cloth.

And our ancestors (before we split into Asians and Caucasians) apparently mated with neanderthals. Seriously. So both Caucasians and Asians are, to some small degree, descended from neanderthals. I can't remember in which magazine I read this, but I was like, "Whoa."

There goes Proud's racially pure theory. Not only are "Westerners" and "Asians" derived from the same root people, but that root group mated with neanderthals.

Isnt that still out for review?

Last I checked, the possibility for reproductive incompatibility between our two species was more than likely.

Flora88
12-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Isnt that still out for review?

Last I checked, the possibility for reproductive incompatibility between our two species was more than likely.

I may certainly be incorrect, but the article in which I read it seemed to be pushing it as recently-proven fact. I swear, I was reading about it only last month or so. I wish I could remember which magazine!

EDIT: Here's one article. (http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2010/05/neanderthal_gen.php) It's not the article I read originally, but it, too, seems to be operating from the viewpoint that this theory was eventually proven true.

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 12:59 AM
Okay, corset training is essentially wearing a corset (that has been carefully fitted to you) for, like, six to twelve hours a day. Your body will, over a period of around six months or so, begin to be shaped or modified by the corset. :D

I see, if I lose the weight I might try that

Flora88
12-29-2010, 01:03 AM
I see, if I lose the weight I might try that

It might actually help. Many women say that corset training is beneficial to weight loss.

Cadmium Polyphony
12-29-2010, 01:05 AM
I may certainly be incorrect, but the article in which I read it seemed to be pushing it as recently-proven fact. I swear, I was reading about it only last month or so. I wish I could remember which magazine!

EDIT: Here's one article. (http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2010/05/neanderthal_gen.php) It's not the article I read originally, but it, too, seems to be operating from the viewpoint that this theory was eventually proven true.

I dont have a hard time thinking it could be true. I dont know how anyone would, after seeing the mug on Triple H.

That guy is like the poster...er...cave-drawing boy of homo neanderthalensis.

Oh, and on the topic of corset training...yeah. I'm all about that.

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 01:08 AM
My mom has a corset she never uses but it's a bit small for me atm....she used to be 145 and it fit her but she left to Qutar or what ever due to military and couldn't do it so maybe i could start with that when i lose more weight?

Flora88
12-29-2010, 01:09 AM
Triple H...the wrestler?

*looks him up*

Omg! Damn, son! No one give that man a club!

Flora88
12-29-2010, 01:11 AM
My mom has a corset she never uses but it's a bit small for me atm....she used to be 145 and it fit her but she left to Qutar or what ever due to military and couldn't do it so maybe i could start with that when i lose more weight?

Couldn't hurt. And your posture would be great. :D Just remember that it's supposed to fit comfortably. Despite popular belief, you are supposed to be able to breathe normally while wearing a corset.

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 01:16 AM
I already have good posture....thanks to my grandma @w@ -slouches- ADRIANNA STOP SITTING LIKE A BARBARIAN! -get smacked mid back with ruler- I'M SORRY TTATT

Ah...my preteen years.... XD

so i'll lose the weight (actually on a break from my work out atm) and try the corset thing and hopefully i'll lose this pesky pudge that hangs out the front of my body and my muffin top :o

DaemonForce
12-29-2010, 01:17 AM
You will be happy. :)

Flora88
12-29-2010, 01:34 AM

Anyway, here's an incredibly manly cake to cut the tension! (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gkInsVVB5E4/SO6yyz7pdMI/AAAAAAAAAi4/cXVUSfqxAcE/s400/Janet+T.jpg)

CosplayCinema
12-29-2010, 01:39 AM
XD Oh my

Alyxiane
12-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Well, that's certainly manly. o3o

jounink
12-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Then work extra hard on your costumes! *thumbs up*

Yep, You gotta do your "homework" on not only the character you are cosplaying/crossplaying but also the materials you will construct the cosplay out of. Takes time.

I'm so jealous of all these cosplayers i see from Russia. Is that place awesome for photoshoots or what? <3

Oh man me too! When it comes to gorgeous backdrops, i think Russian, German and U.K. cosplayers have it easy. Especially for series like D. Gray Man, Kuroshituji, Trinity Blood, etc. *dreamy eyes*

To get nice pics though, you have to practice at posing and photography OR find decent photographers through cosplay.com and networking in general.

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 12:35 PM
I have been material hunting for Kairi for the past week and a half :o the only thing i can't find that i feel would be perfect is the actual dress material....and the right color paint for the shoes.

jounink
12-30-2010, 01:18 PM
I have been material hunting for Kairi for the past week and a half :o the only thing i can't find that i feel would be perfect is the actual dress material....and the right color paint for the shoes.

I'm assuming you mean her KH2 dress, the REALLY CUTE pink one. Maybe a nice "Linen" Fabric will suffice for her dress. You may also want to look into poly-blens. There maybe a tutorial here on her dress too.

what kind of shoe are you using as a base? If your using a canvas shoes, you can get nice results by dying them with fabric dye, or painting them w/ fabric paint. You may have to mix colors to get the right shade though (fabric paint).

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 01:25 PM
I was going to use plain white high top converse that i can get at the flea market for like 10 dollars XD

We are in the off topic section talking about cosplay XD uh oh

jounink
12-30-2010, 01:28 PM
I was going to use plain white high top converse that i can get at the flea market for like 10 dollars XD

We are in the off topic section talking about cosplay XD uh oh

Haha o yeah... You sneeky thing you! XD
I can't help it, i like to help other cosplayers!!

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 01:29 PM
I have a thread for just the kairi cosplay in video games if you want to go stalk it XD

jounink
12-30-2010, 01:45 PM
I have a thread for just the kairi cosplay in video games if you want to go stalk it XD

Haha that was your master plan all along wasn't it?! Ok gimme the link haha
I don't wanna cosplay her, I just want her d@mn dress!

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 01:54 PM
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=228304

yamibakura03
12-30-2010, 07:21 PM
^ The fact that Hispanics tend to look Asian is an interesting scientific case (I'm a tiny science nut xP). I take a biotechnology class at school and we had a lab on finding a certain gene in each of our DNA. We then looked up a website on how much of the world population has the gene. It turns out that the highest frequency of people with the particular gene is located in South America with China, Taiwan, and the Philippines following it. This led to the possibility that the South Americans somehow crossed the Pacific to China and then Taiwan and so forth which explains how the gene has spread (and apparently affects the physical appearance to an extent).

... I feel so smarty pants. XD

That explains why i used to look asian when I was young. People always ask me or my mother if my sister is asian since both my siblings have this asian looking eyes.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/yamibakura03/090706_144816.jpg

From what I know so far, my relatives have mix indigenous in them, but mostly from my great great grandparents. My parents were born in Mexico city and I was born in Texas along with my two siblings. So my skin is tan but not too dark, im still lighter then my mother ^^. So I understand the whole bust thing, but mines is a B-Cup so I don't suffer much. People say I have pretty legs but I don't think so, Im soo Tombish and its rare for me to wear a dress ^^".

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/550682/ thats when i was 18. Im 23 now

Celia Rose
12-30-2010, 11:06 PM
My heritage is uncertain. I know what my family heritage is on my mom's side, but I don't know what's on my dad's side, since he was adopted from Germany (Bad Tölz, actually) when he was a little boy. So, until I find out more information about his birth parents, my parents just assume that my siblings and I are half German.
(from Mom's side) I'm 1/8 Southern Paiute Native, 1/8 Diegueño Native, 1/8 French, Irish, Spaniard, and whatever other European nations are mixed in. Add in 1/2 German, and we're good to go. :)

Manly cake is manly :heart:

Kildread
12-30-2010, 11:15 PM

Anyway, here's an incredibly manly cake to cut the tension! (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gkInsVVB5E4/SO6yyz7pdMI/AAAAAAAAAi4/cXVUSfqxAcE/s400/Janet+T.jpg)

Remninds me of the Mann-Co president from the Team Fortress 2 comics on their blog XD

rubyspitfire
01-01-2011, 04:01 AM
i'm 5'8", 125 pounds, small all over (except my backside, it's about average) and wear a 35" inseam. i'm mostly scandinavian and eastern european. born in minnesota, lived in california for 16 years, and in missouri now... i miss my mediterranean weather, winter here sucks!

i generally crossplay since i don't like wearing "cute" clothes and i don't have the most feminine face, and most of the people i cosplay with are shorter than me so i can get away with playing taller characters. i do enjoy making my own costumes, but due to lack of experience i don't strive for perfection. when i buy one to modify, then i pay strict attention to details. i honestly think it's more about a person portrayal of the character than the costume itself anyway ^_^

CosplayCinema
01-01-2011, 04:05 AM
I feel happy when my costume looks good though :o

Neelh
07-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Oh man me too! When it comes to gorgeous backdrops, i think Russian, German and U.K. cosplayers have it easy. Especially for series like D. Gray Man, Kuroshituji, Trinity Blood, etc. *dreamy eyes*

To get nice pics though, you have to practice at posing and photography OR find decent photographers through cosplay.com and networking in general.

I was about to disagree, but yeah. England is a versatile place for photoshoots. However, you can't ever get them on sunny days. DX

Anyway, I like Spanish/Portugese/Mexican cosplayers. They're so pretty~!

Mangochutney
07-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Dead thread, Neelh. Check the last post date on a thread before posting in it, especially if you're just making idle conversation.