PDA

View Full Version : The Happy Thread :D

MermaidRizu
12-29-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm tired of seeing depressing things all over the internet, let's talk about happy things! :D

I'll start: I got Dragon Quest IX for Christmas, and it's awesome! ^^ I've been playing it nonstop since I got it, the characters are adorable and so are the monsters, it makes me giggle~ XD

Your turn! ^^

Kildread
12-29-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm totally in vacation until the next monday, where I'm starting that training at the gym that's in my 2011 resolutions.

I didn't have much to watch while eating at home with so few interesting series currently on air. Someone recommended Macross Frontier, I started watching it and I LOVE IT.

Celia Rose
12-29-2010, 05:23 PM
^YAY! ;)

I got a zebra-print coat for Christmas. :D Best. Thing. EVER. :heart: I can't wait to wear it out to the photoshoot this weekend~~

Brsis
12-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Today, I watched How To Train Your Dragon

Tomorrow, I'm going to watch it again. I like things with dragons a lot, but this was SO CUTE and it made me SO HAPPY. I want a Toothless of my own, he's so adorable and loyal and free!

Celia Rose
12-29-2010, 05:57 PM

Tomorrow, I'm going to watch it again. I like things with dragons a lot, but this was SO CUTE and it made me SO HAPPY. I want a Toothless of my own, he's so adorable and loyal and free!
Isn't it the best movie?? :D

KaleiDoVi
12-29-2010, 05:59 PM
I might be getting a cat after months of begging. :sunny:

Kildread
12-29-2010, 06:01 PM

It was an awesome movie, it made me decide to check out more 3D animation movies too --- good thing, I was able to catch on the awesome that is Megamind and Tangled (Both pretty recent).

shadowbeam
12-29-2010, 06:02 PM

love this film so much!

i'm going abroad for the first time ever in a week and a half with my better half :O can't wait!

ps. thanks for making this thread, about time we had a happy thread!

Apsara
12-29-2010, 07:49 PM
I might be getting a cat after months of begging. :sunny:Congrats!

Or if you don't end up getting one, sorry. I hope you do though. :D

DaemonForce
12-29-2010, 08:01 PM
happy things!
Well I just read in the paper that people appear to be dropping meth. Weee!
Heroin usage has increased! Awwwwww!

I found my beauty kit, the rest of my wax supply, clothes I haven't seen in years and my coat is perfectly dry cleaned. It's going to be very cold tomorrow when I take the train out to MEW but as long as I'm in the lounge, it's going to be a happy ride for me and everyone around me. If all else fails I'll just crawl into a bottle at Union Station for a few hours before heading out to the hotel. We managed to pick up one more girl to stay with us so it looks like everyone that wants to go will definitely be there. I think we might actually reach an attendance of 700 this time. Weeee!

Miraculously, my costume fits, my packed clothes are free of lint and any cat hair so I feel really good about this. My body finally healed up too. I'm going to take so many photos and it's going to be a really fun party. Especially for everyone I meet. :D

☆ Kei ☆
12-29-2010, 08:13 PM
It's been snowing on and off all day. >w<

It hasn't snowed in this city for two years. Surrounding us, yes. Actually in this valley? No.
So this has pretty much made my day. : D

KaleiDoVi
12-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Congrats!

Or if you don't end up getting one, sorry. I hope you do though. :D

Thanks!
And my mom just called the guy and arranged a place and time to meet up~! :D
Creeper is mine!!!!~ 8D (Yes, his name is Creeper, I really don't care! XD)

nannyogg
12-29-2010, 09:27 PM

Ohhh, that is awesome!

Cadmium Polyphony
12-29-2010, 10:11 PM
I find it oddly hilarious, that in a thread of happiness, people are overwhelmingly discussing items they've acquired.

Who says happiness can't be bought?

Poor people, that's who.

Kildread
12-29-2010, 10:14 PM
I find it oddly hilarious, that in a thread of happiness, people are overwhelmingly discussing items they've acquired.

Poor people, that's who.

Aw, you old grouch, go on and join the folks who are talking about their latest purchases instead of being so coy.

You know you want to.

Cadmium Polyphony
12-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Aw, you old grouch, go on and join the folks who are talking about their latest purchases instead of being so coy.

You know you want to.

After living with a gorgeous Jewish girl for so many years and being under her influence, I've realized this about buying stuff;

I'm happier with the money.

nannyogg
12-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Hmmmm... 10 things that make me happy...

1. Random hugs from my kids.
2. Putting my feet in the ocean and smelling the salty air.
3. Puppy breath.
4. The little squeaky noises baby hedgehogs make when they are happily nesting.
5. Wildflowers in the springtime
6. The sense of accomplishment when I finish sewing something and like how it turned out.
7. Prayer and meditation.
8. Catching up with old friends.
9. Soaking in a super hot bath.
10. Tide pools.

Kildread
12-29-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm happier with the money.

So your own happy acquisition is the money itself?

Cadmium Polyphony
12-29-2010, 10:22 PM
So your own happy acquisition is the money itself?

Not really.

I'm just happier with money, than without.

Kildread
12-29-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm just happier with money, than without.

I can drink to that.

DaemonForce
12-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Money doesn't really motivate me. I make for bad profits since I do as I like. I'm more preoccupied with the condition of my body and what I own than the fact that I have them.

Cadmium Polyphony
12-29-2010, 10:25 PM
I can drink to that.

Drinking- now that makes me happy.

And no, that is not a joke.

DaemonForce
12-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Drinking- now that makes me happy.

And no, that is not a joke.
Same here. I blame the train people. They make it so easy. :/

kuroki-neko
12-29-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm tired of seeing depressing things all over the internet, let's talk about happy things! :D

I'll start: I got Dragon Quest IX for Christmas, and it's awesome! ^^ I've been playing it nonstop since I got it, the characters are adorable and so are the monsters, it makes me giggle~ XD

Your turn! ^^

omf i love that series to and isnt that the one for the ds? i got the dq for the ds and dq 8 for the ps2 ^.^

MermaidRizu
12-30-2010, 12:32 AM

Poor people, that's who.

Okay, here's something that isn't about money:

I have the best boyfriend in the world and I can't wait to go to college next year where I'll be much closer to him and will be able to see him much more often~ ^^

EDIT: Yes, kuroki-neko, it is~ ^^ Isn't it so awesome!? A little too awesome, I have homework that I need to do over break but always end up playing it instead...XD

sam vimes
12-30-2010, 12:37 AM
dq 8 for the ps2 ^.^

Awesome to the max. It's a fun time.

Celia Rose
12-30-2010, 01:07 AM
That's awesome! :D Cats are great pets, IMO~ :heart:

lollydove
12-30-2010, 02:20 AM
While we're talking positive...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWM2joNb9NE
PINK FLUFFY UNICORNS DANCING ON RAINBOWS~!

DaemonForce
12-30-2010, 02:25 AM
I want to see a metal version of that. Something about that sounds like it could be real heavy and awesome.

MermaidRizu
12-30-2010, 02:28 AM
While we're talking positive...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWM2joNb9NE
PINK FLUFFY UNICORNS DANCING ON RAINBOWS~!

:D That brightened my day~ XD

Pudding-chan
12-30-2010, 02:29 AM
I learned how to play the card game Rail Road Auction! It took an hour to learn how to but so worth it.

Celia Rose
12-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Aside from chancing upon all of the the Starry*Sky Seiza Kareshi drama CDs...:heart:

This totally made my night. (http://www.japanator.com/super-mario-galaxy-medley-will-blow-your-mind--17979.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook) :D

lollydove
12-30-2010, 02:38 AM
That's unicorns for you ;D And rainbows.

MermaidRizu
12-30-2010, 02:46 AM
Aside from chancing upon all of the the Starry*Sky Seiza Kareshi drama CDs...:heart:

This totally made my night. (http://www.japanator.com/super-mario-galaxy-medley-will-blow-your-mind--17979.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook) :D

Uwaa, that's awesome~! I loled so hard at the upper right-hand corner...XD

Lightane
12-30-2010, 03:17 AM
I finally got my braces off today! :D

HidingintheMist
12-30-2010, 03:34 AM
I made a bunch of cookies that turned out amazing <3
Have to say, probably the best I've made in a long time.

uruha-fan-girl
12-30-2010, 03:51 AM

Hey I watched that with my little brother a few days ago (he got it for christmas^ ^) and I really liked the movie.. Especially Toothless he is so cute^ ^

uruha-fan-girl
12-30-2010, 04:00 AM
2. Putting my feet in the ocean and smelling the salty air.

WOAH! I totally read that wrong..ha ha I though you said "Putting my teeth in the ocean and smelling the sultry air" ha ha lol...I can't stop laughing...I think i need more sleep ha ha..teeth...in the...ocean...and sulrty air! lol^ ^ okay I'll stop now, lol;3

TARDISTimeLord
12-30-2010, 04:14 AM
Everything to be happy for:
1 wig confirmed, 1 wig still a maybe but I just need the first, and then they're mine.
I beat Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood in Two days, and that makes me all happy.
$50 Victoria's Secret giftcard, my favorite colored lipstick, and $100 shopping spree with my mom for Christmas.
A gay, campy novel from one of my good friends for Christmas.
I'm on book 5/14 of the Wheel of Time Series.
I'm surrounded by mostly good people who I have loads of fun with, and I can't wait for New Year's with some extreme silliness and shenanigans.
Winter Guard started, and we're doing the song 'King of Anything' for our show.
We got first place at SCSBOA championships against 11 other bands. (SCSBOA=Southern California School Band and Orchesta Association)
I might have a chance at getting a partner.
I'm dropping in weight, sort of. Well, I'm getting skinnier but my weight is increasing.

ZexionLover48
12-30-2010, 05:07 AM
I got a book on Conversational Japanese, its really awesome. I know alittle now, but this will help for when I want to go to Japan! ^_^ (and stalk the Square Enix building...err, I mean, sight see! :D XD)
Other happy stuff...Oh! My sister got a Wii and Just Dance 2 with some of her well earned money and I plan on lossing some weight! *happy dance*

Celia Rose
12-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Yay! :D
Doesn't it feel great when they're finally gone~? :o

shadowbeam
12-30-2010, 02:29 PM

Congrats! I'll bet you have a pretty epic smile now, worth the years of torment? I'll bet it is!

I've never had braces, even though I should have hehe, I look back and wish I did, though I guess it's never too late :)

I went out today and spent a voucher on some aromatherapy stuff, really works well, love it ^^ feel totally chilled out now :)

Brsis
12-30-2010, 03:02 PM
I may finally have a photographer I would feel comfortable posing for. This is a big deal, because I'm mega awkward in front of a camera, particularly depending on who's holding the camera... but this girl seems really nice and we've got a lot in common, and when term starts again and she comes back down to the city we're going to make fried Christmas pudding and clotted cream sundaes and watch my ENTIRE STASH OF VAMPIRE MOVIES (Note; This spans three continents and nine decades. I don't actually think it's possible, but we'll damn well try)

shadowbeam
12-30-2010, 04:19 PM
I may finally have a photographer I would feel comfortable posing for. This is a big deal, because I'm mega awkward in front of a camera, particularly depending on who's holding the camera... but this girl seems really nice and we've got a lot in common, and when term starts again and she comes back down to the city we're going to make fried Christmas pudding and clotted cream sundaes and watch my ENTIRE STASH OF VAMPIRE MOVIES (Note; This spans three continents and nine decades. I don't actually think it's possible, but we'll damn well try)

Nice one ^^ I'll keep an eye out for these photo's :) always good to have a photographer you feel comfortable with, you can get some awesome shots that way!

Lightane
12-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Congrats! I'll bet you have a pretty epic smile now, worth the years of torment? I'll bet it is!

I've never had braces, even though I should have hehe, I look back and wish I did, though I guess it's never too late :)

Yay! :D
Doesn't it feel great when they're finally gone~? :o

Ahh yes its amazing <3. I guess it was worth the while =]. And thats true you can go get those Invisalign (<- no idea how to spell) things too.

nannyogg
12-30-2010, 08:11 PM
WOAH! I totally read that wrong..ha ha I though you said "Putting my teeth in the ocean and smelling the sultry air" ha ha lol...I can't stop laughing...I think i need more sleep ha ha..teeth...in the...ocean...and sulrty air! lol^ ^ okay I'll stop now, lol;3

I could go for some sultry air, but I think I'll keep my teeth right where they are ;)

nannyogg
12-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Ahh yes its amazing <3. I guess it was worth the while =]. And thats true you can go get those Invisalign (<- no idea how to spell) things too.

I had a retainer and then invisaligns when I was in my late 30s. It was great and worked wonders! :) My stepdad started with invisaligns last year, and he's about to turn 50. Definitely a nice option when you feel too old to wear traditional braces!!

uruha-fan-girl
12-30-2010, 10:19 PM
I could go for some sultry air, but I think I'll keep my teeth right where they are ;)

ha ha yeah, I think I would to^ ^

nannyogg
12-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Sultry air makes me think of Georgia. Which makes me think of Atlanta. Which makes me think of the Varsity. Which makes me think of their onion rings, which are truly the best in the world :)

KaleiDoVi
12-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Awww my sis's puppy is actually pretty cute. ◕‿◕ It was trying to get up on the couch back, and there's a little space between our two couches, it jumped, and fell right in the space. It was sooo cute! O(≧∇≦)O
But my new kitty has just disappeared. o.o;; It's pretty big though. owo;; There aren't any doors open, so it'll come back.

uruha-fan-girl
12-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Sultry air makes me think of Georgia. Which makes me think of Atlanta. Which makes me think of the Varsity. Which makes me think of their onion rings, which are truly the best in the world :)

Thats alota thinking^ ^
And its kind random..to get onion rings..from sulry air! ha ha^ ^

uruha-fan-girl
12-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Awww my sis's puppy is actually pretty cute. ◕‿◕ It was trying to get up on the couch back, and there's a little space between our two couches, it jumped, and fell right in the space. It was sooo cute! O(≧∇≦)O
But my new kitty has just disappeared. o.o;; It's pretty big though. owo;; There aren't any doors open, so it'll come back.

Aww cute^ ^

Hope your new kitty comes back..I like cats;3

Kell-chan
12-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Happy thought of the day:

I'm not vomiting anymore! Yay! And my fever is gone! Double yay!

Woot. Health.

uruha-fan-girl
12-31-2010, 02:42 AM
@Kell-chan:
Thats good^ ^

Celia Rose
12-31-2010, 02:52 AM
I'm happy~

I took a cue from Kousaka Kirino (http://oreimo.wikia.com/wiki/Kirino_Kousaka) and painted my fingernails powder blue. It's really cute!

shadowbeam
12-31-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm happy~

I took a cue from Kousaka Kirino (http://oreimo.wikia.com/wiki/Kirino_Kousaka) and painted my fingernails powder blue. It's really cute!

I bet it does too :) I'm jealous lol, we cant wear nail varnish or false nails to work and I miss it! So when I get time off and go to a con I always wear matching nails for my characters!

MermaidRizu
01-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Happy 2011! ^^ Let's hope it's a year filled with lots and lots of awesomesauce~!

uruha-fan-girl
01-01-2011, 12:33 AM
@MermaidRizu:
Yeah! I hope it will be, but no't just for me...but for everyone!!^ ^;) XD

MythrilDragon
01-01-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm on winter break for almost another full month, we got a huge snowfall here in NYC a few days ago (which would have been much more fun if the roads actually got plowed in any sort of timely fashion, but it's still pretty), I'm attempting to think of my next cosplay, and I have the chance to catch up on some video games and replay some others :D
I also have some time to continue teaching myself to crochet and make amigurumi XD

shadowbeam
01-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I worked the night shift new years and will be tonight, but i'm sure i'll celebrate after hehe. Hope everyone had a good night x

acostory
01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Yesssss! They announced the new Elder Scrolls game!! Been waiting for this one for YEARS, and it looks totally amazing. It comes out in exactly 10 months and 10 days!

SakuraxTsubasa
01-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Whoa! Happy thread! I like happy thread! :O
Weeeeee! I went skating with a few other cosplayers in my area and it was amaaaazing! I love meeting people.
And and and and I'm so proud of myself for actually doing a good job on a dress and cutting my wig all by myself (and doing a somewhat good job! :O)

Celia Rose
01-02-2011, 09:54 PM
^Dude, awesome work. :bigtu:

My favorite doujinshi artists are opening pre-orders for their latest collaboration project tomorrow! :D YAY! :heart:

SakuraxTsubasa
01-02-2011, 10:26 PM
^Dude, awesome work. :bigtu:

My favorite doujinshi artists are opening pre-orders for their latest collaboration project tomorrow! :D YAY! :heart:

:O Me? Tank yoo!
OH AND I HAVE CANDY. 8D
I'm sooo happy!

Thelchterya
01-02-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm going to be part of a steampunk-themed play! XD I'm already plotting on how to buy the costume from the theatre. ^^

FunnyValentine
01-03-2011, 12:09 AM
My parents went grocery shopping together and Im so happy because my dad didnt buy any snacks and bought only real food. Im eating a premade turkey sandwhich with lettuce and it is delicious!

Cadmium Polyphony
01-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Yesssss! They announced the new Elder Scrolls game!! Been waiting for this one for YEARS, and it looks totally amazing. It comes out in exactly 10 months and 10 days!

Wasnt that announced about 2 years ago?

I recall hearing about the next installment for 2011, back then.

Brsis
01-03-2011, 08:07 AM
I have finally found the perfect fabric for my redingote!

Now I just have to finish tidying the bomb-site that is my room so I'll let myself sew again...

shadowbeam
01-03-2011, 08:09 AM
I have finally found the perfect fabric for my redingote!

Now I just have to finish tidying the bomb-site that is my room so I'll let myself sew again...

Woot grats! I love that feeling when you find that perfect fabric...especially when you've been searching for it for ages

acostory
01-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Wasnt that announced about 2 years ago?

I recall hearing about the next installment for 2011, back then.

It was a kind of, sort of, not really announcement back then. They hadn't technically said they were working on anything besides the Fallout series.

KaleiDoVi
01-03-2011, 10:25 AM
For some reason, this video makes me really happy/hyperactive XD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4RcDJdv7uQ&feature=related
Just discovered this band, I like it. :3

SakuraxTsubasa
01-03-2011, 03:40 PM
For some reason, this video makes me really happy/hyperactive XD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4RcDJdv7uQ&feature=related
Just discovered this band, I like it. :3

WHOA! That's awesome. It makes me really happy! Though I just saw them and I was like wait...are those girls or guys?

KaleiDoVi
01-03-2011, 03:45 PM
WHOA! That's awesome. It makes me really happy! Though I just saw them and I was like wait...are those girls or guys?

^u^ I forgot what video I found that from. xD
Guys. Even if you have to ask, it's always a guy/guys. XD

Queenie
01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm happy because I sewed my first thing ever today with a sewing machine. I overcame my fear of them and came out with a sucky hem but it makes me happy and proud that I did something on my own.
Also the charger for my electric scooter is in the mail, so I can ride it again soon! :angel:

Celia Rose
01-05-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm happy that I managed to save my wig and clip-on vances from extreme tangled-ness~~ :heart:

No thanks to my stupid cat who snatched them from the very top shelf of my closet.

Lithium Flower
01-05-2011, 12:27 AM
I am happy because tomorrow around 2pm my boyfriends taking me to his place :3 and I am gonna flop all over him like a cat. He wont be able to stop me. That's what happens when you get on Emmers affectionate side. You get cuddled on. END OF STORY.

Also I just ate a bowl of potato chips and that made me happy.

Kildread
01-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Turns out I found a group I can latch onto for splitting the car rental (Provided I provide the lift up there, but that ain't an issue) and an hotel for a con 6 hours away at the beginning of February :D

Don't really have any new costumes ready for it, so it's not really cosplay related!

☆ Kei ☆
01-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Best friends. They help make my world keep spinning. :3

MermaidRizu
01-05-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm so glad I started this thread, reading about all of your happiness makes me happy too~ ^^

I have an audition for the musical Candide tomorrow, I'm excited~! ^^ Well, more like today, since it's past midnight...XD

ieixxx
01-05-2011, 06:38 AM
I am happy because I improved my anime style!
also because I bought fabric for ma cosplay today, and copic markers!!!!

Happy chappy, Talley Ho Then!

rubyspitfire
01-05-2011, 06:48 AM
a few things actually ^_^

1) i took care of both of my bills for the month on this first half of my income, so the next one is all for fun! (i'm raiding joann fabrics lol)
2) the cheating/stealing ex finally got all of her things and is moving back into her parents' house, so she has no reason to contact me anymore. good riddance. i just wish i'd gotten my clothes back, but they really aren't worth the headache
3) my kid goes back to school this week so i will have some time to sort through the rest of my stuff (which got spread all around the house from said ex getting her things) and storing what's not being used. i really don't like being unorganized
4) as soon as my w2's come from last year, i get to e-file my taxes, which means i will have quite a bit of money for planning my annual con pilgrimage ^_^

DaemonForce
01-05-2011, 06:51 AM
I'm happy I talked to some of my Japanese friends. I feel a bit mellow thanks to them and I've come to the realization that I need a different social environment. Preferably without any English. x_X'

Celia Rose
01-05-2011, 10:23 AM
I got to draw for the first time since Christmas~ :D
So happy~~ :heart:

Brsis
01-05-2011, 03:23 PM
My late-Christmas-present-to-myself PS3 arrived!

Now I just need to name her.

No, seriously, I name ALL my hardware, so this is important XD. Any suggestions?

TARDISTimeLord
01-05-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm happy about everything I bought with my christmas money, which includes 2 wigs, a bunch of shirts, Assassin's Creed 1, Super Scribblenauts, and I'm going to go get my shiny Raikou tomorrow along with FUZZY FOOTSIE PAJAMAS.
And I also get to apply for a summer internship at Sea World and stuff.

Rainbowgasm
01-05-2011, 11:12 PM
I ordered a new compression shirt yesterday... my tracking says it might be to me by 5pm tomorrow... I'm not counting on it since I payed for GROUND shipping from Florida to Canada, and it was only shipped at 8pm tonight... but ya never know... *shrugs* I never expected my Zero uniform for another week when I got it...

Celia Rose
01-06-2011, 12:59 AM
I found out I get to keep most of my paycheck, because the last half of my scholarship came through for the spring semester. :'D

SO HAPPY ;u;

Queenie
01-06-2011, 03:12 AM
I'm suuuper happy because my mum finally paid me back the money she owed me, and right before I go to a con this weekend. <3

Alyxiane
01-06-2011, 03:29 AM
It's mah 16th birfday!! And I don't even care that I'm staying up late on a school night!! :'D

Eau de Decus
01-06-2011, 03:43 AM
Just got an email from a position I applied for in....November that I'm still in the running for my policing job. Oh, bureaucracy, you try my patience. <_<

*Continues to cross fingers*

rubyspitfire
01-06-2011, 04:38 AM
My late-Christmas-present-to-myself PS3 arrived!

Now I just need to name her.

No, seriously, I name ALL my hardware, so this is important XD. Any suggestions?

lol my old desktop computer is named "desktop dinosaur", my monster laptop is named "portable beast", my psp is named "poor man's laptop", and while my (suicidal) phone doesn't have a name the thing i say to it most often is "please stop jumping out of my pocket and into puddles, i don't have the money to replace you". really, i bought a jar full of rice JUST for drying my phone out because it happened three times last year. thankfully i can get a new one in a couple months ^_^ android here i come!

It's mah 16th birfday!! And I don't even care that I'm staying up late on a school night!! :'D

happy birthday!

Lithium Flower
01-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I work from 1pm-6pm tomorrow STILL TRAINING at this job pfft. But after a bunch of my friends and me are going out for the night. So I am going to get to see everyone again AND hang out with my boyfriend again :3 It's nice to see him, and my friends more than once every 7 days ;-;

Also the soup I am eating right now is amazing.

I played my first game of Munchkin last night..and kicked everyones ass.

Kildread
01-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Just got an email from a position I applied for in....November that I'm still in the running for my policing job. Oh, bureaucracy, you try my patience. <_<

*Continues to cross fingers*

That's not too bad, my first real job, I got a phone call for an interview a full year after I had applied.

Seriously, I had applied as I was in my last semester back in college to work part time, never got word back. They actually contacted me when I had long since wrapped up school XD

Good luck!

Clyde_2.0
01-06-2011, 01:29 PM
I played my first game of Munchkin last night..and kicked everyones ass.

I love that game!^_^ What edition(s) did you play? I adore the pirate one!!

Rainbowgasm
01-06-2011, 01:44 PM
this is totally cosplay related on my part, but its not always a cosplay product... I got my Underworks Tri-top Chest Binder today... less then 40 hours after I ordered it... to Canada... God I love FedEx! so I'm pretty sticken happy on THAT, but as a bonus, it FITS AMAZINGLY! I'm not flat but I know I'll never get that being a 36-38D, what I care about is that it gets me JUST as flat as other binding methods get me, with NO PAIN or difficulty breathing... there is NO velcro, so I dont get cut into by that, and there is no boning or wiring, so I'm not getting poked all the time because of my short torso... I just hope it doesnt stretch too much over time... though it was only $42 with that amazing shipping... so if it only lasts 6 months with my obsessive crossplay (I wear cosplay 5-6 days a month on average), then I am more then happy to replace it with the same at that time... I'm glad I listened to my gut and got the Medium though... my measurements were at the low end of large but something told me to get the medium... I'm SOOO glad I sized down... or else I might have been MUCH less happy XP

shadowbeam
01-06-2011, 02:33 PM

Happy birthdayyyyy hope you had a good day!

Eau de Decus
01-06-2011, 03:39 PM
That's not too bad, my first real job, I got a phone call for an interview a full year after I had applied.

Seriously, I had applied as I was in my last semester back in college to work part time, never got word back. They actually contacted me when I had long since wrapped up school XD

Good luck! Did you even remember what the job was about? Hehe. When I got the email I had to sit for a moment and look at the job title and then my brain clicked on and reminded me I applied for that job months ago and heard nothing.

Lithium Flower
01-06-2011, 03:43 PM
I love that game!^_^ What edition(s) did you play? I adore the pirate one!!

He has the pirate one too but it was the Space one and the Western one xD we shuffled the two decks together to make Space Cowboys.

I was a Level 9 Female Space Cat Trader with an attack level of like...29...

SakuraxTsubasa
01-06-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm proud of myself! I haven't even been home an hour but I've actually started doing homework! Maybe I'll actually get an adequate amount of sleep! :D

Flora88
01-06-2011, 10:47 PM

Poor people, that's who.

Perhaps this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1svVMFwaOw) is more your style?

SakuraxTsubasa
01-06-2011, 11:33 PM

Ohhhh gosh that was hilarious. Thank you for making my day, when there's only half an hour left! :P

Flora88
01-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Ohhhh gosh that was hilarious. Thank you for making my day, when there's only half an hour left! :P

I aim to please. :)

Cadmium Polyphony
01-07-2011, 12:35 AM

Oh, no, no. I prefer buying sh*t.

I'm an American.

Kildread
01-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Did you even remember what the job was about? Hehe. When I got the email I had to sit for a moment and look at the job title and then my brain clicked on and reminded me I applied for that job months ago and heard nothing.

I had a double take over the phone when the woman called, racking my brains about when I had applied for that posting. Luckily, I only applied for one type of job at that time, so it that wasn't the hardest part.

SakuraxTsubasa
01-07-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm actually, like, really happy right now. I stayed awake all during math today! For the first time since like...September! :D And I only failed one out of three quizzes today~

rubyspitfire
01-08-2011, 10:10 AM
"SakuraxTsubasa
Hi, I lost the Game."

i hate you now XD

Volnixshin
01-08-2011, 10:16 AM
It's okay, the game has been over for about a year now. Like officially over.

SweetOcarina
01-08-2011, 10:23 AM
It's okay, the game has been over for about a year now. Like officially over.

I did not hear this? Did a head of state finally announce it?

J.Kazama
01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Happy birthday to me! xD Official day of doing nothing else but play any multiplayer videogame she owns for Xbox 360 and my PS3 games with my friend who also shares this birthday with me, while mother prepares lasagna and a chocolate cake is waiting for us for later today! Yay!

MermaidRizu
01-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Happy birthday to me! xD Official day of doing nothing else but play any multiplayer videogame she owns for Xbox 360 and my PS3 games with my friend who also shares this birthday with me, while mother prepares lasagna and a chocolate cake is waiting for us for later today! Yay!

Happy birthday! ^^ Are you 1, are you 2, are you 3, are you...wait, I don't know where to stop. XD

sam vimes
01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
A good loaf of rye bread makes me happy.

Brsis
01-08-2011, 03:37 PM
I did not hear this? Did a head of state finally announce it?

News to me too ^.^

QI extra long specials followed by Have I Got News For You presented by Benedict Cumberbatch (AKA BBC's Sherlock Holmes, mmmmm...) make me so very happy.

J.Kazama
01-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Happy birthday! ^^ Are you 1, are you 2, are you 3, are you...wait, I don't know where to stop. XD

Hehe, you can stop at 23 =D

rubyspitfire
01-08-2011, 04:52 PM
happy birthday!

SakuraxTsubasa
01-08-2011, 06:44 PM
"SakuraxTsubasa
Hi, I lost the Game."

i hate you now XD

BUT THIS IS THE HAPPY THREAD! THAT IS NOT HAPPY!

Well, leaving out a few details, I finally had a pointe class today (for around two hours DX) since we were off for two weeks! :D
And I got to go look at fabrics~

nannyogg
01-08-2011, 07:17 PM
I got all the fabric for my Stocking cosplay today, yaaaaay! That makes me happy :)

MermaidRizu
01-08-2011, 07:37 PM
I got all the fabric for my Stocking cosplay today, yaaaaay! That makes me happy :)

Ahhh, cool~! ^^ I really want to cosplay Stocking, but I've also been trying to get my boyfriend to cosplay Brief...But if he did, I would feel like I had to be Panty...but I like Stocking better...gah! XD Oh well, maybe I'll try to make him the Minun to my Plusle instead. ^^

nannyogg
01-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Ahhh, cool~! ^^ I really want to cosplay Stocking, but I've also been trying to get my boyfiend to cosplay Brief...But if he did, I would feel like I had to be Panty...but I like Stocking better...gah! XD Oh well, maybe I'll try to make him the Minun to my Plusle instead. ^^

I keep trying to get someone to play Brief, but so far, no takers. Or for Garterbelt. My son is going to be Chuck and my daughter is going to be Panty, and I'm going to try to have those for us for Naka-Kon in February. I should be able to get Chuck done by tomorrow and Panty by next weekend; that'll leave me 3 weeks to sort out Stocking. I do have my Honekoneko done! I might end up eventually making fastener for my other son and turning my youngest daughters into chibi demon sisters. It's kind of fun to have my own built in cosplay group :)

Flora88
01-08-2011, 08:10 PM

Sorry. I'm just not happy today, what with all the bullshit going on in the news. :(

Cheer me up, someone.

MermaidRizu
01-08-2011, 08:40 PM

Sorry. I'm just not happy today, what with all the bullshit going on in the news. :(

Cheer me up, someone.

GET OUT OF MY THREAD!!!!!!

Nah, just kidding. XD Try this~ ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BPK4eP3OEc&feature=related

Celia Rose
01-08-2011, 08:57 PM
I got my voice back. :'D

Flora88
01-08-2011, 08:58 PM
GET OUT OF MY THREAD!!!!!!

Nah, just kidding. XD Try this~ ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BPK4eP3OEc&feature=related

Awww! Thanks, bb. I needed that.

MermaidRizu
01-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Awww! Thanks, bb. I needed that.

You're very welcome, no one is allowed to stay unhappy in this thread! ^^ XD

SakuraxTsubasa
01-08-2011, 10:03 PM
This probably shouldn't make me happy, but...
I'm procrastinating (and hating myself for it, but...)
I'm having SO much fun looking at colleges right now. XD
Even though the only college I'm considering right now is an Ivy League school (Cornell) and I probably won't get in.

Ineedaname9
01-08-2011, 10:06 PM
I finally figured out how to put a phone charm on my phone. I got it four months ago and I could not figure out how to do it... Today, I had to talk the battery out and discovered the hole-thing for it. Yay!

Celia Rose
01-08-2011, 10:24 PM
I was trying on my top for my Yoko cosplay, and my dad came to my room after I put it on. The expression on his face was priceless and totally made my day. xD

I am happy in this moment~

nannyogg
01-08-2011, 10:50 PM
I am baking chocolate chip cookies, with white chocolate chips. Happy, happy! :)

Alyxiane
01-08-2011, 10:58 PM
^ I love you. o A o (Loves white chocolate.) <3

Clyde_2.0
01-08-2011, 11:13 PM
^ I lurve her more! (Adores white chocolate too!) <3 <3

☆ Kei ☆
01-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Brownies, cinnamon rolls, and The Mentalist season 1.
:3 Relaxing on Saturday night is bliss.

nannyogg
01-09-2011, 12:15 AM
I am sitting in my computer chair and my puppy has snuggled in between my back and the chair, and is snoozing. He's warm!

Volnixshin
01-09-2011, 12:35 AM
I have listened to this for days, trying to memories it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRTB-FTMdk&feature=autoplay&list=QL&index=2&playnext=2) FUN times that distract me

MermaidRizu
01-09-2011, 12:40 AM
I find this hilarious and entertaining. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SivoIX6Blco

Volnixshin
01-09-2011, 12:53 AM
I got my voice back. :'D

Where did it go? Did it bring back presents?

TARDISTimeLord
01-09-2011, 01:47 AM
I cuddled all day with some people. One of which, I've never met before.
And I watched Inception, REPO! The Genetic Opera, and Gulliver's Travels.

FunnyValentine
01-09-2011, 02:05 AM
The episode My Funny Valentine from Cowboy Bebop that is the main reason behind my username is on AdultSwim now! Yayay! Oh..I have the DVDs...still happy though.

rubyspitfire
01-13-2011, 01:21 PM
yes i am digging this ancient thread up ^_^ first, NEW CAMERA!! also, for the first time in a looooooooooooong time, we have both cherry and vanilla coke in the house. OMG CRACK!!

Axelai
01-14-2011, 02:55 AM
The happy thread.

I feel happy right now.

Just... Omg. I'm happy.

Brsis
01-14-2011, 04:45 AM
Today I make a bustle! Today, my family cowers in fear as I crack out the hardware! TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DI- damnit, I need to stop watching Star Trek before bed, I get Klingon on the brain.

Flora88
01-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Boyfriend and I are going mask shopping today!
Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh! (http://thefastertimes.com/publishing/files/2010/06/lil-jon2.gif)

Axelai
01-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Omg my package's estimated delivery date is today.

Omg it's going to arrive.

Omg i'm going to see my girlfriend tomorrow.

Omg can i get any happier?

omgomgomgomgomg

Flora88
01-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Omg my package's estimated delivery date is today.

Omg it's going to arrive.

Omg i'm going to see my girlfriend tomorrow.

Omg can i get any happier?

omgomgomgomgomg
@Axelai (http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/852722_o.gif)

Axelai
01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
@Axelai (http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/852722_o.gif)

Ahaha. I loved those commercials. I feel more like this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRLPh4ak0EY)

Yes, I'm actually the America in that video. My girlfriend is the Romano next to me, ahaha~

Lithium Flower
01-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Tomorrow I am going to my boyfriends house. I am bringing my laptop so he can pimp me up with some game Roms and loan me a control adapter so I can play them without blindly mashing my keyboard to figure out which buttons work for which games. Further reminding me why I <3 his face.

Kell-chan
01-14-2011, 02:57 PM
So the application for my first choice grad school is due tonight at midnight and one of my professors went suddenly MIA and didn't submit a letter of rec. So I've spent the last 24 hours more or less hunting him down, freaking out, calling the school's graduate rep, etc.

Just got an e-mail from my prof. Submitting letter now.

*dissolves into a puddle of happy*

FunnyValentine
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM
also, for the first time in a looooooooooooong time, we have both cherry and vanilla coke in the house. OMG CRACK!!

=O Can I come over? jkjk.

Celia Rose
01-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Going out to party tomorrow night~~
And painting my nails a new color tonight. :3 Maybe even with decals~ :heart:

Axelai
01-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Who has the most beautiful doll in the world? I do~!

/happy

sam vimes
01-14-2011, 11:23 PM
India Pale Ale, Fallout 3, and good olives. I'm all set.

Lithium Flower
01-14-2011, 11:26 PM
I am eagerly awaiting for May to come so Meg will gift us whiteys with his/her effervescent cosplay light.

sam vimes
01-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Call me cold, but I'm hoping for him to become a quadriplegic by then.

Miki Starwind
01-14-2011, 11:50 PM
I am eagerly awaiting for May to come so Meg will gift us whiteys with his/her effervescent cosplay light.
Oh yeah~ my birthday is in May too, so I'm considering it a birthday present, whether he hits the exact date in posting the pics or not.

Lithium Flower
01-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Call me cold, but I'm hoping for him to become a quadriplegic by then.

But then he could cosplay Joe Swanson (http://www.bouncerblog.com/smallimages/joe_swanson.gif)

Oh yeah~ my birthday is in May too, so I'm considering it a birthday present, whether he hits the exact date in posting the pics or not.

I like to imagine Meg jumping out of your birthday cake with nipple tassels and bad bar music playing.But with like....the 'Stocking' from Panty and Stocking wig on with the dual colors and giant bow.

sam vimes
01-15-2011, 12:16 AM
But then he could cosplay Joe Swanson (http://www.bouncerblog.com/smallimages/joe_swanson.gif)

That's a paraplegic.

Lithium Flower
01-15-2011, 12:28 AM
That's a paraplegic.

After submitting mah post I re-read what you said..... and just didn't care to edit it.

JUST PRETEND AND LULS DUN FEEL LIKE EDITING.

MermaidRizu
01-15-2011, 08:35 PM
My assignment for my online math class today made me giggle:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd61/AnimeFairi/heehee.jpg

XP

nannyogg
01-16-2011, 01:10 AM
I got a new electric blanket today, yay!! Now I can be warm!

TARDISTimeLord
01-16-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm writing again! With much procrastination! But, its getting somewhere!~!

FunnyValentine
01-16-2011, 01:34 AM
hahaha the math thing.

Went to New York with my boyfriend and his family and saw a Beatle's tribute band and orchestra, was a good time.

Psycho_Kitty
01-16-2011, 01:39 AM
Bought Deca Sports for kinect and the pictures they took of me i look so dorky. also cannot wait til Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 to come out.

PinkSelphie
01-16-2011, 01:55 AM
You know what makes me happy? Harry Potter makes me happy. And even though it's almost 2 in the morning I think I'm going to go and re-watch all the movies. c:

☆ Kei ☆
01-16-2011, 01:58 AM
I found where The Big Bang Seasons 1-3 got placed.

<3 Marathon time!

TARDISTimeLord
01-16-2011, 02:00 AM
You know what makes me happy? Harry Potter makes me happy. And even though it's almost 2 in the morning I think I'm going to go and re-watch all the movies. c:

I went to the seventh movie's midnight premier, and it was AMAZING!!!!

cupofjasmine
01-16-2011, 11:07 PM
My Deco Den supplies got shipped a few days ago! <3
I finally got silicone so I can make imitation whipped cream for Deco Den
I got a car and it smells like Peaches on the inside!

Celia Rose
01-17-2011, 01:01 AM
I had a total blast last night going out with my friends~ But, now I'm really glad to be home and relaxing before the evil that is Monday. :)

Skuirely
01-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Finish my work week and back from cruising the beach, very happy times indeed :3

creativecrater
01-17-2011, 01:47 AM
I teach music to 35 kids 2-12 yrs olds every sunday. I LOVE THEM! Every week, they never fail to fix a smile on my face and warm my heart with their hugs and silly questions and adorable singing. Today was no exception. :D

SakuraxTsubasa
01-17-2011, 09:29 PM
I have come to the conclusion that dance is the only thing keeping me sane. It makes me very happy.

Tonight in ballet we did a combination in the last half hour, and I take the last half hour of the class after mine, as well. Needless to say, I had SO much fun trying to perfect it; I love flowy pretty dances! *sparkle* I'm so happy! :P

Shana05
01-19-2011, 01:11 AM
As I mentioned a bit in other threads, I recently left my job. Now I'm heading back to college. I got my Associate's last year at a community college. I'd been putting it off as I couldn't decide on a major. I visited UMKC today and it was great. It looks like I'll be starting classes this summer as an art major.

☆ Kei ☆
01-19-2011, 01:21 AM
I cut a wig, and I didn't mess it up like last time. :'D /so proud my legs are weak

Psycho_Kitty
01-19-2011, 01:39 AM
I got to see my parents today and my dad bought me some groceries. Also got one out many things i am waiting for in the mail today.

Ineedaname9
01-19-2011, 03:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-aoAvgFzgM

I'm a dork that loves wizard rock >< it makes me happy!

x-Steffi-x
01-19-2011, 07:31 AM
My birthday in 10 days! I will finally be 18 :D

DaemonForce
01-19-2011, 08:11 AM
My birthday in 10 days! I will finally be 18 :D
Legal moon transformation? :D

I have honey and ginger. I am so happy right now. I might actually run around in the freezing rain today.

Brsis
01-19-2011, 04:20 PM
The new sewing machine in the house is NOT a hundred years old, as we thought it was.

It's a hundred and twenty three years old.

This baby came to London in the same year as JACK THE RIPPER. Clearly this means I must make Kuroshitsuji costumes on it.

Her name is Marlene and she's a Pfaff and I love her even more than Myrtle the Singer.

glitter bomb
01-19-2011, 06:09 PM
The new sewing machine in the house is NOT a hundred years old, as we thought it was.

This baby came to London in the same year as JACK THE RIPPER. Clearly this means I must make Kuroshitsuji costumes on it.

Her name is Marlene and she's a Pfaff and I love her even more than Myrtle the Singer.

I love that you name your machines. Like cars. :bigtu: Marlene is a great name.
and that is creepy that your Pfaff come to the shores along with Jack the Ripper. ;) I think it would be even funnier if you sewed nothing but frilly silly things on it. ;)

Happy news for me today (which doesn't seem to come that often lately so it's noteworthy):
1) my car insurance is due next month, not next week
2) I get to keep the kitteh of sweetness that's been hanging out in my yard for the past month

woo! woo! woo!

SakuraxTsubasa
01-19-2011, 08:58 PM

FATE! Please do. And please do share once you have.

I'm happy! For the first time since like....whenever the last time I posted here was! xP
It's been a really bad week, but dance today totally just made it all better.

I made my ballet teacher happy by adding the arms and pointing my feet and answering her question correctly and alternating front/back with glissade jete's. I like making people happy (and ballet makes me happy too). And I made it through the awesome kickline of kick-y-ness! :D

AND I HAVE CUCAKES.

nannyogg
01-19-2011, 09:36 PM

That is awesome! It's older than my house (built in 1900). Do you have a picture, I bet she's beautiful! I always thought it would be fantastic to sew on a really, really old machine.

Akemi Idane
01-19-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't care what you think, as long as it's about me...

It's hardcore study time, and while that doesn't make me happy, this songgggggggg~
And of course, all the Erie pictures I would love to draw to it if I had the skill. I really ought to go put a playlist together for each of my characters.

xMookie
01-19-2011, 10:05 PM
I have a ride to ACEN this yea 8D.

Kasinator
01-19-2011, 10:33 PM
♪♫♪ Anime, Manga, and video gaming,

Translated Doujins and online role-playing,

Lots of fanservices, referenced to memes....

♪♫♪ These are a few of my favorite things! ♪♫♪

Im going to keep adding more lyrics I think up.

Kaoru133
01-19-2011, 10:42 PM

Haha love your song, it made me happy ^^

TARDISTimeLord
01-20-2011, 12:11 AM

This made me all happy inside!
And I hate that song!

rubyspitfire
01-20-2011, 12:34 AM
anywhere between 4 and 8 inches of snow tonight *dances*

x-Steffi-x
01-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Legal moon transformation? :D

I have honey and ginger. I am so happy right now. I might actually run around in the freezing rain today.

xD Lol!

Brsis
01-20-2011, 04:09 PM
New album from one of my favourite artists - wheeee~!

daylight
01-20-2011, 04:18 PM
blasting j-rock while, working on cosplays, while drinking fruity soda makes me happy

SakuraxTsubasa
01-20-2011, 05:25 PM

That just MADE MY DAY.
And possible snow day/delayed opening tomorrow! If we get a delayed opening, I GET TWO EXTRA HOURS OF SLEEP. :D And then if we have a snow day, I get to work on cosplays~!

Flora88
01-20-2011, 06:05 PM
My Wigs Came In! Yay!

Kell-chan
01-20-2011, 07:12 PM
I just got an e-mail from my first choice graduate school.

I got in.

I GOT IN.

OH MY GOD, I got in!!

Flora88
01-20-2011, 07:25 PM

I got in.

I GOT IN.

OH MY GOD, I got in!!

OMG! OMG! OMG! YAAAAAAAAAY! :D I totally know how exciting that is! Happydances (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PDIBTS_xDQ)

Kell-chan
01-20-2011, 07:29 PM
OMG! OMG! OMG! YAAAAAAAAAY! :D I totally know how exciting that is! Happydances (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PDIBTS_xDQ)

Thanks!!! I'm still in shock - I need champagne! And not the cheap stuff like usual!!

(And I really want to print out the acceptance form and send it right now...but none of the other schools have replied yet, so I will grudgingly wait for them.)

WOOOOOOO!!

nannyogg
01-20-2011, 08:03 PM

I got in.

I GOT IN.

OH MY GOD, I got in!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!! That is fantastic news!!! Yaaaay! :) Happy dancing for ya! :)

MermaidRizu
01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Congratulations, Kell-chan! ^^ That's so exciting, you must be on cloud 9 right now~!

Airashii
01-21-2011, 03:44 AM
My avatar is a recent picture of me. I'm actually okay with how it turned out XD And now people know what I look like on here!

x-Steffi-x
01-21-2011, 06:31 AM
My avatar is a recent picture of me. I'm actually okay with how it turned out XD And now people know what I look like on here!

Ooh, is that your real hair?

I'm getting my hair done next weeks before my birthday and dyeing it red :D Yay for pretty hair!

DaemonForce
01-21-2011, 08:48 AM
I like your hair and eyes. :heart:

x-Steffi-x
01-21-2011, 10:12 AM
I am happy, I get to work on my cosplay again because my exams are over until June :)

Brsis
01-21-2011, 01:42 PM
I finished my bustle!

Okay, I think it needs more... fancy bits (Lace, clearly it needs some lace... or a fringe...) but the overall structure came together really quickly and easily. I could have done it in one day if I hadn't decided to mess around with bias ruffles.

xMookie
01-21-2011, 02:23 PM
I am happy, I get to work on my cosplay again because my exams are over until June :)
Same here lol I passed the exams I was sure I was going to fail on.:thumbsup:

glitter bomb
01-21-2011, 03:45 PM
I finished my bustle!

Okay, I think it needs more... fancy bits (Lace, clearly it needs some lace... or a fringe...) but the overall structure came together really quickly and easily. I could have done it in one day if I hadn't decided to mess around with bias ruffles.

quick question: why bias ruffles as opposed to cutting the ruffles across the grain or along the length/selvage?
usually I have to squeeze the most out of the fabric I have, so I don't often cut on the bias since that tends to be the least economical use of space. I know cutting on the bias is important for things like edge binding (bias tape) and certain dress types, but why for ruffles?

Brsis
01-21-2011, 04:26 PM
quick question: why bias ruffles as opposed to cutting the ruffles across the grain or along the length/selvage?
usually I have to squeeze the most out of the fabric I have, so I don't often cut on the bias since that tends to be the least economical use of space. I know cutting on the bias is important for things like edge binding (bias tape) and certain dress types, but why for ruffles?

1. Bias ruffles run much better than straight when sewn vertically or on curves, which is exactly what I was doing with this (Up the seams instead of around the edges)

2. Striped fabric. Bias = more interesting stripes!

glitter bomb
01-21-2011, 04:39 PM
1. Bias ruffles run much better than straight when sewn vertically or on curves, which is exactly what I was doing with this (Up the seams instead of around the edges)

2. Striped fabric. Bias = more interesting stripes!

I knew about #2 (I've seen some awesome Victorian-inspired work done with creative use of stripes), but I didn't know that about #1. Very cool! thanks so much for sharing that. It'll be good to know when I need to use ruffles in either manner. :D

It's funny how you can sew all sorts of things and there's still a whole world of stuff you haven't yet encountered.

☆ Kei ☆
01-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Despite having health issues, I passed all my classes this semester. : D

My Underworks compression shirt arrived, and I can see my feet. It's so much more comfortable, and is faster than my old binding methods, and gets me to an A/B. : DDD

The table's getting cleaned off, so I can finish sewing things/start sewing things~<3

It's a three day weekend & I'm getting pizza.

nannyogg
01-21-2011, 10:34 PM
I took my older 3 kids to the movies to see The Green Hornet in 3-D tonight. We haven't been to the actual theater in so long I can't remember the last time we went. It was fun; loved the action :)

Mangochutney
01-21-2011, 10:51 PM
More sparkly, SPARKLY crystals on the way! And the jacket parts have come together perfectly so now I have a place to put them all.

Volnixshin
01-21-2011, 11:11 PM
I took my older 3 kids to the movies to see The Green Hornet in 3-D tonight. We haven't been to the actual theater in so long I can't remember the last time we went. It was fun; loved the action :)

Damn straight you enjoyed it

Woulda' had to drive West for a day or so to prove you otherwise if you hadn't

______

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN

do do dodo , dododododo,,,,dodododo,,,dododododooo,

sam vimes
01-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Damn straight you enjoyed it

Woulda' had to drive West for a day or so to prove you otherwise if you hadn't

I'd see it, but I'm morally obligated to not help advance the career of Seth Rogen.

Volnixshin
01-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Than do it for Jay Chou, he was the hero of this film

nannyogg
01-21-2011, 11:41 PM

Definitely. Kato rocks!! Seth Rogen was kinda pathetic in his role. He was merely a sidekick to the awesome Jay Chou! I loved that the dialogue was so hilariously bad.

I also remembered why I don't prefer 3D; it's cool but it gives me mild motion sickness :(

berri.pai
01-23-2011, 12:35 AM

Agreed. He is the only reason I want to see that movie. I really don't think that Seth Rogan fits as the Green Hornet at all. D:

Celia Rose
01-23-2011, 01:13 AM
got to spend the rest of my day relaxing after cleaning the house~

Kell-chan
01-24-2011, 04:18 AM
So. I am a fiction writer. I write stories. Occasionally someone looks at my shit and says, "Gee whiz, I'll publish this!" for the grand prize of *no* money.

And I'm totally okay with this. Because that's how writing works.

So one day I thought, "I CAN TOTALLY WRITE POETRY!!1!" having never done so before, let alone even read any poetry ever.

So I submitted some crap to a local contest. THREE MONTHS LATER. Yeah, I lost. Big surprise. Oh, wait, you WANT this? Are you SURE?

OMG, they want TWO poems. No money, of course (don't be a downer, kthx!), but my god, you want MY poetry? OMG. EPIC. I'm not really sure what to say.

Except thanks, of course. I am always, without fail, utterly shocked when people want my stuff. Srsly.

So. Freakin'. Happy.

Flora88
01-24-2011, 12:03 PM
So. I am a fiction writer. I write stories. Occasionally someone looks at my shit and says, "Gee whiz, I'll publish this!" for the grand prize of *no* money.

And I'm totally okay with this. Because that's how writing works.

So one day I thought, "I CAN TOTALLY WRITE POETRY!!1!" having never done so before, let alone even read any poetry ever.

So I submitted some crap to a local contest. THREE MONTHS LATER. Yeah, I lost. Big surprise. Oh, wait, you WANT this? Are you SURE?

OMG, they want TWO poems. No money, of course (don't be a downer, kthx!), but my god, you want MY poetry? OMG. EPIC. I'm not really sure what to say.

Except thanks, of course. I am always, without fail, utterly shocked when people want my stuff. Srsly.

So. Freakin'. Happy.

You get no money for publication? How does that work?

SakuraxTsubasa
01-24-2011, 03:33 PM
I Was Awake All Day At School. I Am Proud.

sam vimes
01-24-2011, 03:54 PM
I Was Awake All Day At School. I Am Proud.

This is a watershed moment?

As for me, I'm going to go buy some expensive, delicious tea after work. Then I'll get home and wash the dishes and ferrets. It may not sound ideal, but it'll make me happy.

Flora88
01-24-2011, 03:56 PM

As for me, I'm going to go buy some expensive, delicious tea after work. Then I'll get home and wash the dishes and ferrets. It may not sound ideal, but it'll make me happy.

I've always wanted to ask...what's the deal with the racist ferrets?

SakuraxTsubasa
01-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Yes, I've slept in math and computers (2/4 periods) every day since school started.

sam vimes
01-24-2011, 04:30 PM
I've always wanted to ask...what's the deal with the racist ferrets?

I have a thread for questions, you know. ;)

DaemonForce
01-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Yes, I've slept in math and computers (2/4 periods) every day since school started.
I live in a server closet and every day looks like one big math problem for at least two hours of my day. I am not amused. :/

I finally replaced my damn coil! Weeeeeeeeeeee! :D

The old one is so nasty it's beautiful. Still has part of the American logo on it and it aged gracefully across 30 years. It's not useless but it was causing problems that I finally solved.

I have figs, ginger, hamburger, apricot and cola. My uncle decided to visit today so I'm happy. He's so wise it hurts. <3

Celia Rose
01-24-2011, 05:07 PM
My mommy is bringing me lunch today~ :D

Brsis
01-24-2011, 06:24 PM
I finally have a black eye shadow with a blue shimmer in it that actually lays down worth a damn and lasts all evening. SCORE.