PDA

View Full Version : Not overused, but still reconizable?

Meiwan
12-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Sorry for my english >_<

Okay, so I'm going to a con next year and I really wanna cosplay someone from Hetalia.
So, I may sound a little selfish and..mean now but I don't really like when someone cosplay as the same character as me (Maybe it's because my costumes are often really cheap and..yeah)
But on my latest con I was Fem!England, and nobody recognized me. I had to tell everyone "Oh, I'm Fem!England"
It was awkward..

Back on topic, any not overused, but still reconizable character I can cosplay?
I can crossdress, but I prefer girls.
I'm thinking about maybe cosplaying Monaco, It'd pretty easy because I have glasses.

Thanks for reading :)

Axelai
12-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Seychelles isn't commonly cosplayed.

Cosplaying a Character CD version of a character is also uncommon.

Meiwan
12-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Seychelles, eh?
I'm not sure..but thanks anyway

By the way, I need a little help and I don't wanna make a new thread
So I thought about the Monaco cosplay, vut I don't know what haircolour she has.
In her first design, she had brown hair but then Himaruya changed it to Blonde. And in the chibi picture she has Blonde-brown.

I have a blonde wig, but it's like REALLY blonde. When I wear it, I look like some mix of Lady Gaga and Barbie.
I also have a brown wig,the wig is pretty ok but it's too short.

I'm thinking about buying a new,blonde-brown, longer wig. But I'm not sure, I bought a new wig a few weeks ago and my mom don't like when I buy too much wigs..oh, and I don't have so much money.

Should I use my blonde or brown wig, even though they're a little short?

kartly7
12-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Australia, Iceland, and maybe maracco. Just dont do any of da allies or axis. since dey r the most common. good luck!!

Axelai
12-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Seychelles, eh?
I'm not sure..but thanks anyway

By the way, I need a little help and I don't wanna make a new thread
So I thought about the Monaco cosplay, vut I don't know what haircolour she has.
In her first design, she had brown hair but then Himaruya changed it to Blonde. And in the chibi picture she has Blonde-brown.

I have a blonde wig, but it's like REALLY blonde. When I wear it, I look like some mix of Lady Gaga and Barbie.
I also have a brown wig,the wig is pretty ok but it's too short.

I'm thinking about buying a new,blonde-brown, longer wig. But I'm not sure, I bought a new wig a few weeks ago and my mom don't like when I buy too much wigs..oh, and I don't have so much money.

Should I use my blonde or brown wig, even though they're a little short?

Monaco's hair is blonde. It was brown in her beta design, but its finalized as blonde. To match France.

So whichever wig you think is best. I don't know too much about her character design.

namida009
12-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Honestly, I have never seen any of the Nordics in person (with the exception of Norway.) That wouldn't be bad to see. :)

Good luck!

belligerent
12-31-2010, 12:17 AM
I have never seen any of the Nordics in person

I can be at your house in five minutes* to stare uncomfortably at you if you'd like for this to happen.

I'm the man your man could stare like.

(*this is a joke not meant to be taken seriously as I'm going to be asleep in 5 minutes and have no idea where anybody lives and it takes me longer than 5 minutes to put on the eight million articles of clothing I have for that cosplay)

Seychelles isn't commonly cosplayed.

I disagree with this. On the east coast, at least, there are usually way more Seychelles than any of the other girls except maybe Hungary or Belarus. Sometimes there are more Seychelleses than Polands. Possibly this is because the cosplay is "easy" to go closet with and still be recognizable.

meepstio
12-31-2010, 12:50 AM
I haven't seen any Belgium cosplayers o3o

which outfit were you doing for the fem nations? I'd believe these outfits (http://www.horror-vacui.net/hetarchive/images/images/himaruya_art/genderbend/10-08-07-onynyoko.jpg) would be more recognizable than their gakuen ones /:

Codename Otacon
12-31-2010, 01:00 AM

Agreed!! I remember AX, I saw a girl who did Belgium but she told me she's cosplaying as Female America...

Meiwan
12-31-2010, 02:08 AM
Woo :D Thanks for all the responses!

meepstio- I cosplayed the Gakuen Hetalia outfit, because Himaruya hadn't drawed those design yet

☆ Kei ☆
12-31-2010, 02:53 AM

which outfit were you doing for the fem nations? I'd believe these outfits (http://www.horror-vacui.net/hetarchive/images/images/himaruya_art/genderbend/10-08-07-onynyoko.jpg) would be more recognizable than their gakuen ones /:

In the years I've been in the fandom, I've seen maybe eight Belgiums online, and after a couple cons + however-many meetups, one in person. |D And it was a borrowed cosplay, that she wore for maybe an hour.

So I'd suggest Belgium or the new fem designs, since they're that recent. Sweden, Spain, Canada, and Italy Romano also have offical fem designs that aren't in the image meepstio linked, but they don't have official colors.

As for guys, Bulgaria and Thailand come to mind. c:

Meiwan
12-31-2010, 03:42 AM
Kei- Oh, I had totally forgot Fem!Sweden, I'd love to cosplay her 8D
I'm swedish so more awesomesauce, woohoo!

☆ Kei ☆
12-31-2010, 04:04 AM
Yay for more awesomesauce! : D

I haven't seen one yet, so it'd be even more awesomesauce~