PDA

View Full Version : Hankering for some conventions?

iSaucyCosplay
12-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Do you guys ever have a dying urge to go to a convention when there are none happening? I go to Anime Conji, Anime Expo every year(well 2010 was Anime Conji's first year), and then Comic Con if I can. But like right now, I really want to go to a con but Conji is 3 months away from now ;~;. I was just wondering if I wasn't the only con craver out there :3

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 10:46 PM
yea i went to my first con on the 18th.......and now i want to go to another one already :o

Kildread
12-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Some event would be fine right about now --- I *might* (stress the might) go to one at the beginning of February, otherwise it's all the way to May in waiting...

iSaucyCosplay
12-30-2010, 11:12 PM
I really want to go to a con but I can't and so everything seems boring right now. I started to excercise more often because everything feels so boring :x

Kildread
12-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Isn't that a good thing though?

iSaucyCosplay
12-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah. I've been planning to start excercising more but I've been busy with school work and then playing cod for a little bit with my buddies when i finished my work.

Also the 3 months gap gives me time to work out and look better in my cosplays :D

Kildread
12-30-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm starting training next monday myself, and I sure plan to stic kwith it this time around :D

iSaucyCosplay
12-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Thats good! :D
I always do one day of work out then i never do it again but I'm determined to keep this up. It's part of my New Year's resolution.

Kildread
12-30-2010, 11:21 PM
Same, I was doing light training on my own, but limited ressources have e go for another yearly gym subscription via the benefits of my job.

Now I know better what I'm getting into, and have an actual goal in mind --- so it's a quite a bit more interesting for me to do it than last time 'round.

iSaucyCosplay
12-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Same here. I've been doing research and I have a better idea in mind of how I'm gonna go about this. hopefully in 3months i'll look a lot better :D

Alyxiane
12-30-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm trying to attend a decent amount of cons this year. At least I have to go to Fanime and a couple other Bay Area cons here and there. I may go to AnimeExpo with my godsiblings. .3.;

Gahh. I'd have massive con gatherings if I have the cosplays to go in. xD;; Oh well, practice practice practice my sewing!!

HidingintheMist
12-30-2010, 11:45 PM
I'm dying to attend more cons, but that has to wait until after I graduate. Thankfully, I don't have to much longer to wait. Just a little over 24 hours and my graduation year is here. ^0^ Yay for Class of 2011.

But until then, the closest con I'm attending is still seven months away. Oh, AX, how I wish you were here. =C

But I might attend PMX in November as well. Possibly.

iSaucyCosplay
12-30-2010, 11:48 PM
My moms sewing machine sucks so i hand sew everything. takes too long ;~;

iSaucyCosplay
12-30-2010, 11:59 PM
@HidingintheMist

Gratz :D and ikr! ax is so far away ;~;

HidingintheMist
12-31-2010, 12:51 AM
@iSaucyCosplay:
It'll be here before we know it. I still can't wait though. I had an unbelieveable time last year. And handsewing sucks. I do it too when I'm not at my grandmas. =C

iSaucyCosplay
12-31-2010, 06:44 PM
I want to make an epic cosplay for AX. I'm thinking about a Zaku II but it'll take a while to finish :x

HidingintheMist
12-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Good luck with it! ^-^ Theres still plenty of time left before AX.

marshmallowpie
12-31-2010, 07:42 PM
I always want to go to a con... :( Or at least some kind of cosplay gathering.

iSaucyCosplay
12-31-2010, 10:00 PM
I might to do that or improve an older cosplay :3

@marshmallowpie
What area do you live in? :0

KaleiDoVi
12-31-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm that way too. D: Momocon is still about 3 1/2 months away. ARGH. Then AAD spring the month following, a break, AWA, AAD Fall, and then another con-less winter before another year. Or that's what I'm hoping this year. ><;; Except for the con-less winter. Dx I don't mind re-wearing things, really...D:

iSaucyCosplay
12-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Yeah I rewear my cosplays a lot I actually prefer that then to keep getting a bunch of them.

My brother was saying that if cons happend more often they wouldnt be as fun, but i disagree :c

MythrilDragon
01-01-2011, 12:38 AM
I guess it would be fun to have more cons, but right now I'm still teaching myself to sew and I like to have time to make my costumes. I'm going to Video Games Live later this month (although I'm still not sure if I'll cosplay) so that's one fun event, I might go to I-Con in a few months, and I will very likely be going to NYCC/NYAF again in the fall. Right now, even though it's not that many events, that seems like a pretty reasonable schedule for me :P

iSaucyCosplay
01-01-2011, 02:26 AM
Sounds like fun :D

Good luck with your costumes~

Eau de Decus
01-01-2011, 02:43 AM
Do you guys ever have a dying urge to go to a convention when there are none happening?... In short, always. There's never enough. ;p

iSaucyCosplay
01-01-2011, 03:51 AM
Yes yes, If only there were cons on a monthly basis ;D but then it'd get expensive and then I'd be sad... and broke. :c

Ineedaname9
01-01-2011, 05:38 AM
Sometimes, I think I'm the only one on here who has only one convention to go to a year. (Plane tickets are so expensive... T_T stupid ocean) I have to wait for april/march for my con to come around.

Usually when someone has the 'we want con now!' urge we go randomly somewhere in cosplay. Or we'll go to school (college/high school) in cosplay... I sat in my Russia coat for a few Astro classes and a lolita dress in my Math class a few months ago.

...I still want my con to come... 4 more months! T_T ...I need to move to the mainland.

Eau de Decus
01-01-2011, 06:01 AM
I think I would go insane if I could only go to one convention a year. x_X

Ineedaname9
01-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Not much of a choice though, plane tickets are like <$200. I'm not rich enough to go to another convention... I'm lucky Hawaii even has an anime convention... Hopefully I can get into a graduate school in California in a few years where I can go to several cons...

marshmallowpie
01-01-2011, 09:37 AM
I might to do that or improve an older cosplay :3

@marshmallowpie
What area do you live in? :0

I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada... there are two cons I can get to (but one is three hours away), but I do also know a cosplay group, I really want to go to their next thing.

But, for this weird break in Feburary we're having (weird because normally we just have march break, but there's this games thing going on)... well, my family was maybe going to Ontario... and I see there's a con going on, on this break. :'D So maybe I can go to that, which would be amazing. (but then I sort of doubt it because it's five hours from where our relatives live... one the other hand, it's only one hour from some other relatives in the province. :') )

iSaucyCosplay
01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Dang 1 con a year? :0

Well I only went to AX in 2009 :[

Clyde_2.0
01-01-2011, 04:20 PM
I think it grows, the more you can go -the more you want to.
Living in Dallas I had 2 local cons I could attend but I could only afford 1 'cause I flew up to WA for Sakuracon every year. ^_^ I'll admit to having urges to go out in cosplay otherwise but those were squashed in fear of my health. (It's just too hot there for me)
Now I've finally moved back to the Seattle area and there's the monthly cosplay meetup, Gasukan, and I still feel cosplay cravings!!! What is this madness?!

Ineedaname9
01-01-2011, 08:12 PM
It sucks...majorly. At least Hawaii has one though lol

Though there is a new Con staring up here, HEXXP... More toward the Scifi Genre though than Anime.

iSaucyCosplay
01-01-2011, 11:26 PM
3 months til Conji D:

Why can't time go by faster ;~;