PDA

View Full Version : What Blu-Ray movies do you own?

Eurobeat King
12-30-2010, 10:53 PM
If you're into Blu-Ray movies, what titles do you own?

And what titles would you recommend to others that are worth owning? :)

Kildread
12-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Honestly, only stuff I've seen in theaters and loved.

Batman: The Dark Knight
Watchmen
District 9

The Bourne Trilogy is kind of an exception, I got it after playing the Bourne Conspiracy on the X360.

CosplayCinema
12-30-2010, 11:05 PM
What's this....blu-ray?

Kildread
12-30-2010, 11:07 PM
What's this....blu-ray?

The disc format used for HD movies and PS3 games.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc)!

Michi
12-30-2010, 11:08 PM
I wouldn't say I'm "into" Blu-Ray movies as I see my Blu-Ray collection as more "movies I like enough to get in a fancier format or think would be better on Blu-Ray than DVD." :)

My collection is mine and my boyfriend's, and we just have four movies: 300, Inception, Michael Jackson's This Is It, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Next on the list: Spider-man trilogy, Moulin Rouge, Scott Pilgrim. In fact, I think I might order the Spider-man movies right now with my Amazon gift money. :love: Maybe. Haha!

Kildread
12-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Inception's out in Blu-Ray? I should acquire that.

CountMetal
12-30-2010, 11:16 PM
I have been renting more on Netflix but would love to add some Bluray to my collection depending on funds. So far I have Final Fantasy Advent Children, Devil May Cry the Anime, and X-Men Trilogy.

Eurobeat King
12-31-2010, 12:22 AM
I agree with Kildread, Michi, & CountMetal in-that i own: Dark Knight, Watchmen, District 9, 300, Inception, & FFVII: AC Complete. :)

I'll add a few others (for now) that I own:

Die Hard Collection
Iron Man 1 & 2
Kick-Ass
Wanted

I want to get "The Man With No Name" trilogy (currently a little pricey) and "Machete" when that comes out (January 4th i believe.)

Michi
12-31-2010, 01:28 AM
Iron Man is on my list of movies I want on Blu-Ray, but I might wait for a package deal like how Spider-man comes in a trilogy pack.

Celia Rose
12-31-2010, 01:50 AM
I own the first Macross Frontier film, Itsuwari no Utahime (the False Diva), on Blu-Ray, but only because Blu-Ray codes for Japan and America are the same, so I can watch it on the big screen at home with my American Blu-Ray player. :D

My family bought Amelia, Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, Salt, Star Trek, Toy Story 3, How to Train Your Dragon, and (I think) a couple other films on Blu-Ray.
At least, those are the titles I can think of off the top of my head.

Eurobeat King
12-31-2010, 02:46 AM
My family bought Amelia, Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, Salt, Star Trek, Toy Story 3, How to Train Your Dragon, and (I think) a couple other films on Blu-Ray.
At least, those are the titles I can think of off the top of my head.

I also have Star Trek. :)

I wanted to get Salt but I saw it in the theater and thought it was pretty good, but not worth owning on Blu-Ray imo.

As for Avatar, I owned the first version when it came-out and then sold it. I bought the Special Edition but decided to return it before opening it. I guess even with the alternate endings, the new footage, and all that behind-the-scenes included, I figured I had had ENOUGH of Avatar. :thumbsup:

Hanyaan
12-31-2010, 02:55 AM
I don't have a Blu-Ray player (or a PS3) but I'm looking into getting one or the other after seeing my boyfriend's collection of blu-ray nature documentaries.

I don't like what I've seen of most of the anime blu ray releases (bad upscales everywhere), but since I do love Western animation, I want to go buy as much Disney and Pixar and Dreamworks on blu-ray as possible once I get a player! ;_;

Eau de Decus
12-31-2010, 03:00 AM
I have so many DVDs, some of which are still in packaging I think. Well, maybe one or two are, but there are tons I haven't even watched. I love collecting them, but it's hard to get down time to sit and watch, so I mostly reserve my blu-rays for boring cosplay work like painting, waiting for said paint to dry and things of that nature. Some movies I think are blu-ray worthy to own are:

Black Hawk Down
District 9
Inception
Ocean's Eleven (I'd love to see the original one too)

Celia Rose
12-31-2010, 03:13 AM
I also have Star Trek. :)

I wanted to get Salt but I saw it in the theater and thought it was pretty good, but not worth owning on Blu-Ray imo.

As for Avatar, I owned the first version when it came-out and then sold it. I bought the Special Edition but decided to return it before opening it. I guess even with the alternate endings, the new footage, and all that behind-the-scenes included, I figured I had had ENOUGH of Avatar. :thumbsup:
It's mostly my dad who buys BDs. He's a total techie, so he automatically goes for the BD copy first, instead of the (often cheaper) DVD. That's why there are as many BD movies in my house as there are. :p

Eurobeat King
12-31-2010, 03:15 AM
Some movies I think are blu-ray worthy to own are:

Black Hawk Down
District 9
Inception
Ocean's Eleven (I'd love to see the original one too)

I also own Black Hawk Down, which is one of my favorite recent war movies. (I like it a LOT better than Foot Locker.. err.. HURT Locker (someone actually called it Foot Locker!) :D

For Martial Arts fans, I recommend:

Fist of Legend (with Jet Li)
Ip Man (with Donnie Yen)
Ong Bak 1 and The Protector (with Tony Jaa)
Chocolate (not the Johnny Depp movie) (with Jija Yanin)

Eau de Decus
12-31-2010, 03:28 AM
I also own Black Hawk Down, which is one of my favorite recent war movies. (I like it a LOT better than Foot Locker.. err.. HURT Locker (someone actually called it Foot Locker!) :D

For Martial Arts fans, I recommend:

Fist of Legend (with Jet Li)
Ip Man (with Donnie Yen)
Ong Bak 1 and The Protector (with Tony Jaa)
Chocolate (not the Johnny Depp movie) (with Jija Yanin) Foot Locker! Now every time I see that movie on my shelf I swear I will call it Foot Locker in my mind. Hah. I still need to watch the Ponyo blu-ray I bought from your table. One day soon! :3

shadowbeam
12-31-2010, 11:40 AM
I've got quite a collection of Blu-Ray's now, I think they rock ^^ But I've started only getting ones I think are worth getting in blu-ray. After watching 300 in blu-ray I decided I liked it better in DVD!

My favourate things to watch in blu-ray are Planet Earth and The Blue Planet, documentaries in general are amazing in blu-ray :)

Eurobeat King
12-31-2010, 11:59 AM
I still need to watch the Ponyo blu-ray I bought from your table. One day soon! :3

I probably won't buy Ponyo again, since it's not my favorite Miyazaki movie, and one frustrating thing about it is that if you wish to switch between the Japanese & English audio, you have to go back to the main menu to do so. Not like other movies where you can switch them while watching the movie. :razz:

After watching 300 in blu-ray I decided I liked it better in DVD!

I really enjoyed the movie, and bought it at Best Buy for only $10 when it was on-sale, so it's one to own. Just like when SuckerPunch eventually comes out on Blu-Ray (summer-2011) I'm getting that one definitely. :)

Eau de Decus
12-31-2010, 11:43 PM
I can't believe I forgot, but I would recommend buying:

Band of Brothers
The Pacific

Got these over the holiday and very excited to sit down and watch them through again.

MythrilDragon
01-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Since I've only gotten a Blu-ray player recently, I don't have that many, and so far I've only bought Blu-rays that are in combos with DVDs since I like to be able to play the movies on every other player that I (or my friends) have. So far I only have the Video Games Live: Level 2 concert DVD/Blu-ray combo and Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

Eurobeat King
01-01-2011, 04:04 AM
So far I've only bought Blu-rays that are in combos with DVDs

I like how some Blu-Ray titles include the DVD copy in it. I gave my older brother the DVD copies that were included for: The Town and The Expendables.

I can also sell the DVD's at convention Swap Meets such as FanimeCon & Yaoi-Con. I sold the DVD copies for Avatar, Ponyo, and Kick-Ass for $5-10 each.

Shana05
01-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I only own two titles on Blu-Ray: Coraline and Alice in Wonderland. I actually got Coraline before I had a Blu-Ray player as my dad got confused while birthday shopping but it had the DVD in there too. We have a player now but it mostly get used for streaming Netflix.

Eurobeat King
01-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Adding two more titles that come out today: Machete and The Last Exorcism :)

I will probably just rent Dinner For Schmucks even though the dead, stuffed mice used for displays are cute. ;)

Eurobeat King
01-20-2011, 12:50 AM
I added Death Race and Death Race 2 (combo-pack) to my list. I really enjoyed the first one and people have said that DR2, which is a prequel, is better than the first one. We'll see about that, but the combo-pack was on-sale. :)

Psycho_Kitty
01-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Since my hubby and I just got a blu-ray player we have
-Alien Anthology
-Zombieland
-Resident Degeneration
-Zombieland
-Black Mask/The Forbidden Kingdom (2 for 1 pack)
-Fired Up
- All the predator movies
- Black Hawk Down
- Starship Troopers
-Dogma
-Despicable Me
-Dragon Wars
- Halo Legends
-Final fantasy advent children complete
-Hot Tub Time Machine
-The Phantom of the Opera
-Dr. Horrible's Sing along Blog

Oblivion_Kirie
01-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Just got a PS3 recently so at the moment I only have three movies on Blue-Ray. Inception, V for Vendetta, and Advent Children Complete.
Can't wait to get more soon, Blue-Ray looks so shineh :geek:

ssjmkm
02-03-2011, 11:07 PM
300, Back to the Future Trilogy, Beetlejuice, Dark Knight, Dragonball Z Kai Volumes 1 & 2, Evil Dead 2, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Punisher, Superbad, Terminator 2 and Salvation, Watchmen and some other ones. BluRay anything is well worth it.

allthatsgeek
02-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, District 9, Star Trek XI, Boondock Saints 2 (which won't play in my ps3 for some weird reason), Edward Scissorhands, Transformers 2, Zombieland, and The Dark Knight.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World looks AMAZING on Blu-Ray.

Eurobeat King
02-03-2011, 11:33 PM
This is a cool music video done to these 3 movies which I have on Blu-Ray: The Losers, A-Team, and The Expendables:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdvi5XIlp3A