PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay gatherings?

stitchez
01-01-2011, 10:03 PM
**EDIT**
Reminder That This Thread Was From 2011. I Am Not Part Of Staff, I Was Just A Very Planning Oriented Con Goer Who Wanted The Time And Locations And Days Of Gatherings All In One Spot. This List Is Not Official, Was Not Official And Will Not Be Updated For Future Years.

Cadmium Polyphony
01-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Which forum? The AM2 forum?

'Cause I gots me a Hungary crossplay I wanted to do at AM2. We needs to gets gatherings up, yeah.

stitchez
01-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Which forum? The AM2 forum?

'Cause I gots me a Hungary crossplay I wanted to do at AM2. We needs to gets gatherings up, yeah.

Yep. I'm listed as Stitchez there as well :> Here's the link: Hetalia Gathering Thread (http://forums.am2con.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25)

I'm completely new to this so I wasn't sure if the people heading AM^2 needed to put it up, or how to make it sticky or... well anything really. Just like getting stuff planned and done early so bugs can be worked out.

LelouchYamazaki
01-04-2011, 12:33 AM
never too early to start setting up gatherings, It lets people know what to expect and for people who are on the fence about AX or AM2 to still get ready and when it happens know what kinda of gatherings there will be.

I'm not a fan of Hetalia so ill sit that one out but I for sure will be around taking pics of cosplay groups if I am not part of one this year, ill probably go around as Shizuo for Durarara.

Hitomi-chan99
01-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah I Wanna Do My Kingdom Hearts Gathering And Maybe Heart No Kuni No Alice And Harry Potter.

stitchez
01-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah I Wanna Do My Kingdom Hearts Gathering And Maybe Heart No Kuni No Alice And Harry Potter.

Well, if you'd like to jump the gun and start one or all of those gatherings you can post them on the forum so people can know/sign up? :http://forums.am2con.org/viewforum.php?f=14

FERNY
02-01-2011, 01:22 AM
If you do Yugioh gathering count me in ;D

aoikotora
02-24-2011, 06:57 PM
If there'll be any other Touhou Project or Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann cosplayers, I'd want to have a gathering with them. ^_^ I'll even organize it as long as it's on Friday or Sunday.

AstroRuby
02-25-2011, 08:38 PM
If there'll be any other Touhou Project or Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann cosplayers, I'd want to have a gathering with them. ^_^ I'll even organize it as long as it's on Friday or Sunday.

I was planning on Starting a Touhou gathering if I got my Nazrin cosplay done in time! Though I've never held a gathering and I've only been to two copslay gatherings. So, I don't know how good I would be. ^^;; If you plan on starting one and need help I'd be happy to!

VKlover
02-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Well I might be going to Otakon this year, and I am going to buy a Ciel cosplay... xDD

LelouchYamazaki
02-26-2011, 01:32 AM
honestly there are so many gathering veterans here on cosplay i'm sure all you need to do is ask and they will help you out. I have some ideas of what I'd like to do but i'm waiting to see how my ideas set up before planning stages.

Looking forward to seeing what they have lined up....maybe thou just maybe
*OBJECTION!!*

VKlover
03-01-2011, 06:35 PM
If anyone lives in Maryland and wants to do a Ciel skit with me, let me know. :) I need ideas. But I also asked someone permission to use their amazing skit, and they said I could, but I just need the script. xDD

Hetalia-Chan
03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Are there going to be gatherings this year?

Thymidine
03-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Are there going to be gatherings this year?
Yes there will be! Lookie here http://forums.am2con.org/index.php?board=20.0

Hetalia-Chan
03-09-2011, 02:22 AM
Yes there will be! Lookie here http://forums.am2con.org/index.php?board=20.0

Thanks.

Phanari
03-23-2011, 12:32 PM
I think we should do a gathering for DC comics, but that's just my opinion.

RivetSPOOn
03-25-2011, 04:59 AM
Not Cosplay per se, but I'm trying to garner interest for a BJD gathering for some time slot during the con. :)

Perspective
04-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Latest AM2 Commercial! Check it out and spread the word! Get your Passports today!: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM2Con#p/u/0/CRx6m-_hv1s

ElCapitan
04-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Latest AM2 Commercial! Check it out and spread the word! Get your Passports today!: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM2Con#p/u/0/CRx6m-_hv1s
Dude. I appreciate that you're really into AMē, but please don't spam everyone.

techrabbit13
04-18-2011, 02:13 AM
**EDIT** Okay so I got bored and decided to start a crappily done list myself. If you're intreseted in starting a gathering or want to suggest one, just comment so I can add it to the list. If adding a gathering please try and include the date and possible times and locations.
**END EDIT

Hey stitchez,

I had a question will you be the offical cosplay gathering liaison for AM2 or do you know how is? and also has there been any word on available locations to hold the gatherings?

Please and thanks you,

Techrabbit

stitchez
04-18-2011, 02:17 AM
Hey stitchez,

I had a question will you be the offical cosplay gathering liaison for AM2 or do you know how is? and also has there been any word on available locations to hold the gatherings?

Please and thanks you,

Techrabbit

I am not sadly XD Just a bored cosplayer who twitches when things ain't done a million years ahead of time. I don't know who is the liaison either sorry @n@

I asked the second question of yours, gathering locations, on the actual forums for AM^2 and didn't get any answers as of yet so they may not have locations figured out? Not too sure.

techrabbit13
04-18-2011, 03:31 AM
Here is a front view of the Anaheim Convention, this would probably be the main location for the cosplay gatherings

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu93/techrabbit13/am2%20maps/fullview.png

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu93/techrabbit13/am2%20maps/layout.png

moonymonster
04-18-2011, 02:48 PM
It'd be really cool to do a Pokemon gathering on Sunday. Can I help with that? (I'm leaning to Sunday cos that's the only day I can make it ^^; But I'm really excited!)

ElCapitan
04-22-2011, 11:35 AM
I asked the second question of yours, gathering locations, on the actual forums for AM^2 and didn't get any answers as of yet so they may not have locations figured out? Not too sure.
I don't recall seeing that question from you, sorry if we missed it. I'll get in touch with Interactive Events directors and ask them to have the Cosplay department manager contact you.

@ Techrabbit: I saw your message, if you'd like to PM me again with your email, I'll ask the manager to get in touch with you as well.

My apologies to both of you for any delays in response you've been seeing. I can't speak for others, but I've personally been out of town on business, and just returned last night.

stitchez
04-22-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't recall seeing that question from you, sorry if we missed it. I'll get in touch with Interactive Events directors and ask them to have the Cosplay department manager contact you.

My apologies to both of you for any delays in response you've been seeing. I can't speak for others, but I've personally been out of town on business, and just returned last night.

I'd posted it under the FAQ section, and it's fine. I understand that managing all this is a huge workload. Had just been curious since Conji had specific locations set aside for the gatherings, and I haven't been to ACC in years so I wasn't sure good of areas to hold meets at all. Thank you very much though.

xxchemi
04-23-2011, 07:34 PM
how bout vocaloids>? :]

ElCapitan
04-23-2011, 10:01 PM
I'd posted it under the FAQ section, and it's fine. I understand that managing all this is a huge workload. Had just been curious since Conji had specific locations set aside for the gatherings, and I haven't been to ACC in years so I wasn't sure good of areas to hold meets at all. Thank you very much though.
We just did another walkthrough of the ACC this morning, and the first place I'd recommend is the very front of the ACC. You can take pictures with the convention center itself in the background, which makes for a easy backdrop, or get Convention Way if you face the other direction (which is pretty looking for a street, IMHO). Also, there's an open air terrace that you can use to get big overhead group shots.

From that point, there's another smaller plaza down to the right (assuming you're facing the glass doors). That one is more likely to have shade, but you should bear in mind that we will probably be building lines near the palm trees at certain points in the day. In general I expect that area to be free.

If I can find the time, I'll try to create a quick map of the area along with some notes on places that are probably a good or bad idea to use.

@TechRabbit: The area circled in your Hall B probably won't be viable, that space will already be occupied.

stitchez
04-24-2011, 05:21 PM
@ElCapitan: Thanks for the suggestions! My friend and I are thinking of running over ourselves today if we can to check out the areas you've mentioned.

Don't sweat over it if you don't have time, you seem very busy!, but if you did I think many a gathering coordinator would love and appreciate that.

6SempaIImoto9
05-29-2011, 04:28 AM
Hi. So far I kind of see no set cosplay list of the many anime series. I was wondering what is up? When? What time? Where? OHSHC Gathering? Bleach? Naruto? Kenshin? Older Shonen Jump Series like Slam Dunk? Other gatherings? And is it kind of difficult to judge the amount of people that will participate in each group for this free con? Plus doesn't usually ACC has like a few Church Conventions going on and so space is probably limited right??

6SempaIImoto9
05-29-2011, 04:32 AM
Actually there is no longer a Church Convention anymore. Looks like some Moose Convention based on education standards, lame. This con is located in Hall A and the Arena. So space is probably going to be limited or uncomfortable in that area.

techrabbit13
05-30-2011, 03:39 AM
I think we should do a gathering for DC comics, but that's just my opinion.

there is :

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=240804

stitchez
05-31-2011, 04:36 PM
Hi. So far I kind of see no set cosplay list of the many anime series. I was wondering what is up? When? What time? Where? OHSHC Gathering? Bleach? Naruto? Kenshin? Older Shonen Jump Series like Slam Dunk? Other gatherings? And is it kind of difficult to judge the amount of people that will participate in each group for this free con? Plus doesn't usually ACC has like a few Church Conventions going on and so space is probably limited right??

As I state in the opening post, this isn't really an official list. I'm not staff and I'm not a veteran con goer so I don't really have much of a clue how gatherings work besides that people say they want to do them, organize them, etc. I'm just a fan who is anal about having things listed and prepared and the original purpose of it wasn't actually a list (of which Imma edit for the others as only the two I'm running are on here for now) but to see if there would be so meetings don't clash horribly. I just decided to make a list for the hell of it and this is, again, not official. If people aren't interested and don't make their own post about starting a gathering I, as a fan and not a staffer, can't assume they will happen.

Sai-Izumii
06-19-2011, 11:16 PM
suggestion of Vocaloid and Hitman Reborn! gathering please?

techrabbit13
06-20-2011, 01:57 AM
I've sent yet another e-mail to another staffer to try and find out what going on, if i dont hear back soon. I think we should just go ahead and set up an offical page ourselfs like squall does for ax

stitchez
06-20-2011, 02:22 AM
I've sent yet another e-mail to another staffer to try and find out what going on, if i dont hear back soon. I think we should just go ahead and set up an offical page ourselfs like squall does for ax

if you would like to, feel free. i mostly did this one to let people know what may or may not go and and maybe encourage them to start talking about making their own gatherings. i have no clue if my format is even good X'D

HerMonsterr
06-25-2011, 08:10 PM
when will the gatherings be offcially figured out?
pardon if i sound rude

stitchez
06-25-2011, 08:19 PM
when will the gatherings be offcially figured out?
pardon if i sound rude

no clue on my end, sorry :< just a organizing happy fan who started early and was spazzing on no list - official or otherwise.

HerMonsterr
06-25-2011, 10:26 PM
no clue on my end, sorry :< just a organizing happy fan who started early and was spazzing on no list - official or otherwise.

ahh mmkay thank you~

xxchemi
06-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Um... I started a Vocaloid Gathering thread here. (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=247150)

This is my first time organizing so please bare with me >_<

techrabbit13
06-25-2011, 10:31 PM
there is no official cosplay gathering liaison. With that in mind, there will be an official list set up. which means we have to do it for this year

as for locations these seem to be the best for locations

The outdoor walkway running between the ACC and the Hilton is a good place to hold gatherings, and where cosplayers tend to naturally congregate anyway.

There is a space in Hall B

So it looks like its up to you Stiches:skidude2:

Anyways for all of my gatherings KH, Disney and marverl vs Capom, I'll be having them at the outdoor walkway.:bigtu:

stitchez
06-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Um... I started a Vocaloid Gathering thread here. (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=247150)

This is my first time organizing so please bare with me >_<

Haha no worries - this is my first time and I'm hosting two gatherings and trying to keep this list updated XD

Quick question though, on your gathering thread it says Day 2 but Friday? Day 2 is Saturday so did you mean that or....?

there is no official cosplay gathering liaison. With that in mind, there will be an official list set up. which means we have to do it for this year

So it looks like its up to you Stiches:skidude2:

Anyways for all of my gatherings KH, Disney and marverl vs Capom, I'll be having them at the outdoor walkway.:bigtu:

Oh noes X'D Looks like I'll have to try and make this more organized looking at some point. Will go through all the gatherings here and on the AM2 forums tonight then.

o7 changed the locations on yours techrabbit. if you spot anything wrong with them feel free to bug me about it!

xxchemi
06-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Haha no worries - this is my first time and I'm hosting two gatherings and trying to keep this list updated XD

Quick question though, on your gathering thread it says Day 2 but Friday? Day 2 is Saturday so did you mean that or....?

OH! woops i'm going to go change that now ^^;

HerMonsterr
06-26-2011, 10:11 PM
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=4019509#post4019509
this is mine for the Reborn gathering

Getheyon
05-30-2012, 03:40 PM
I second the Valve gathering!
SOMEBODY NEEDS TO DO A FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST GATHERING! >.<
I would myself, but I'm not to sure how exactly (and to lazy too. lol). I highly doubt there will be any FMA cosplayers there though, other than me. ;_;

Yensid
05-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Speaking on behalf of the Valve Gathering!

Day: Saturday, June 16th
Time: 4:00 PM

tipsd9video
05-30-2012, 11:53 PM
This is a gathering list from last year.

Yensid
05-31-2012, 05:22 PM
This is a gathering list from last year.

Whoops my mistake! Sorry for rezzing an old thread.

Yami/Kaiba
05-31-2012, 07:04 PM
I will be attending and cosplaying as Vegeta and if there is a Dragonball Z gathering that would be awesome.

akatsukinaru9
03-22-2013, 03:50 AM
Can you add Magi the Labyrinth of Magic to the List ?

Sarabellum8793
05-04-2013, 07:58 AM
I'm down to do KH with you! I can go as Sora from one of many forms lol