PDA

View Full Version : First Time Male Kaito Cosplayer Question

UC77
01-02-2011, 01:10 AM
So Anime Expo 2011 is going to be my first time cosplaying, and I will be Kaito for at least half of the time. I've noticed that a lot of the Kaito cosplayers are female, so I want to make sure that I physically look alright for the cosplay (since I can't really compare myself to cosplayers of the opposite gender.)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5047/5314600971_60be230160.jpg
*That's me!* (Stupid mirror smudges...)

My brother thinks I shouldn't do the cosplay, but I want to show him how well I can pull it off on my first try. Plus, Kaito is one of my favorite Vocaloids, so I want to do him justice when I cosplay as him by not half-assing the costume.

Kanomi
01-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Male Kaito are done often since almost no guy wants to be Len >>. You can pull it off~ There really is no perfect in cosplay anyways (Unless you're aiming for it).

I encourage males to be Len!!! :O

UC77
01-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Male Kaito are done often since almost no guy wants to be Len >>. You can pull it off~ There really is no perfect in cosplay anyways (Unless you're aiming for it).

I encourage males to be Len!!! :O

Even though some guys cosplay Kaito, most of the cosplayers are female. I think. My memory is somewhat hazy after staying up all night. :lost:

I've thought about being Len, but alas, I do not have the right build for him. He's just too darned SHOTA. Though maybe I could be Synchronicity Len since he's older-looking (at a later convention)...

symph0ny
01-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Heeey I'll be at AX as well! I'll be keeping an eye out for you! ;D XD
I say go for it! The Kaito in our group is a guy as seen here: http://xxsymph0nyxx.deviantart.com/art/Vocaloid-Just-Listen-174066200 and
http://xxsymph0nyxx.deviantart.com/art/Vocaloid-Sing-Out-Loud-170990708

And technically there are a few non-shouta Lens. Like Synchronicity like you mentioned. Or SPICE, although that one's a pretty simplistic outfit. Or Sandplay Len: http://i50.tinypic.com/idu6tf.jpg etc etc. XDD
But yeah. Go for it!

happymunchkin
01-03-2011, 10:40 AM
In my opinion, you would make an amazing Kaito! I can definitely see you as him.

HylianDragoness
01-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Do it! You'll look great c: plus there's rarely any male Kaitos D:

Kanomi
01-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Even though some guys cosplay Kaito, most of the cosplayers are female. I think. My memory is somewhat hazy after staying up all night. :lost:

I've thought about being Len, but alas, I do not have the right build for him. He's just too darned SHOTA. Though maybe I could be Synchronicity Len since he's older-looking (at a later convention)...

I mean that guys who want to cosplay vocaloid xD. There will never be a day when guys cosplay more than girls Dx. Soooo go do Kaito NAOOOO xD

Don't make fun of Len! He's a cute Shota :3

UC77
01-03-2011, 07:20 PM
@symph0ny

I remember seeing your group at the last Anime Expo! You guys had the only Kiyoteru. :bigtu:

@Kanomi

I'm not making fun of Len! I'm just saying he's a shota boy. ~Shota shota shota boy!~

DaemonForce
01-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Do it! You'll look great c: plus there's rarely any male Kaitos D:
What? Is this why so many guys think I'm female? Because of all the fem Kaito thingies running around? This just killed my heart strings. Thanks. x_X'

It looks like you have an average masculine build so you might want to try Kaito's default costume. I have a bit of an androgenous pidgeon-like body so Singing of the Dragon, Canterella and any early 1700's style is going to look great on me. I'm sure there's some other costumes for that masculine build but I don't believe they're widely recognized.

Also, if I see you, twincest is welcomed. ~<3

UC77
01-04-2011, 12:17 AM
What? Is this why so many guys think I'm female? Because of all the fem Kaito thingies running around? This just killed my heart strings. Thanks. x_X'

It looks like you have an average masculine build so you might want to try Kaito's default costume. I have a bit of an androgenous pidgeon-like body so Singing of the Dragon, Canterella and any early 1700's style is going to look great on me. I'm sure there's some other costumes for that masculine build but I don't believe they're widely recognized.

Also, if I see you, twincest is welcomed. ~<3

Well, I am planning to wear Kaito's default cosplay (with some slight modifications), so it's good that you and I are on the same page here.

...twincest? >////<

Pudding-chan
01-04-2011, 12:58 AM
I think you'd look good. Don't listen to anyone else... just cosplay who you want!

symph0ny
01-04-2011, 01:56 AM
@symph0ny

I remember seeing your group at the last Anime Expo! You guys had the only Kiyoteru. :bigtu:

You remember us? Yay! I'm glad! LOL I was the kinda crappy Black Rock Shooter that was with them on Saturday. XDDD
Our group is doing a day of Vocaloid too again this next Expo, too! Except they're doing Project Diva costumes this year. C=

UC77
01-04-2011, 07:27 PM
@symph0ny

I just was walking around the Convention Center on Saturday and stumbled upon the gathering during the photoshoot and was all like "SO THAT'S WHERE ALL THE VOCALOIDS WENT." I had no idea gatherings even existed until right then. And your Black Rock Shooter cosplay wasn't that bad.

YukinaKipling
01-06-2011, 01:03 AM

UC77
01-07-2011, 11:12 PM
You'd make an AWESOME Kaito. =]
Go for it!
The fact that you're a guy cosplaying as a Vocaloid will get you major props

Yeah, I'm going for those props.