PDA

View Full Version : ichigo costume advice

Miaka No Baka
10-15-2003, 12:16 PM
hi,

I'm working on ichigo battle costume from tokyo mew mew and wonder what people think. I'd like to know if there are any things i could improve or do any better. Sorry about the sorta bad picture but my dressform is in storage so i had to lay it out on the bed. Oh yeah for the skirt, i have this tutu i would wear under it so it'll give it the gravity defying look ichigo's has.

http://shin-ri.org/kon%2Dnichiwa/cosplay/ichigo1.jpg

http://shin-ri.org/kon%2Dnichiwa/cosplay/ichigo2.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ^_^ I also have the ears made but they're not in the picture I'm gonna sew them onto the wig.

Miaka no Baka

Jehuty
10-16-2003, 08:06 AM
I think this costume looks excellent it's magnificent. I'm not sure if you can improve a costume that's pratically perfect already but i'm sure if you decides to change anything it'll make this costume even better. Sewing the ears to the wig is also an interesting approach. This costume must've took you awhile to make it's great.

Sakon
10-16-2003, 09:28 PM
I love the trim you chose for the fur. And I also agree with the boot colour- matching the trim and gloves works nicely.
How are you going to do the tail? It looks good from what I can see, but most Ichigo's have their tail hanging limp and it doesn't look good. No matter how well their tail is made, if it doesn't have the right lift it looks weird.
Tutu sounds good. Is it pink? If not, then maybe a layer of pink tulle around it...
I just keep thinking that if you bend over, a white underskirt would stand out too much.
Anywho, looks great! Where are you taking/wearing it?

Miaka No Baka
10-16-2003, 09:35 PM
hi,

^_^; yes my tutu is pink. It's perfect with it ^_^; For the tail I'm taking this clear thread and I'm tying it in a loop and I'm going to slip it around my neck and the tail so it should hold the tail up nicely up how it should look. If it doesn't work right I'm gonna remake the tail and get really strong wire that's very hard to bend and maybe heat bend it into the shape or something. I had a hard time finding those maroon boas, every store i went had red and purple, but no maroon -_-; The boots i got off ebay and they are delia's brand so if anyone needs maroon ichigo boots try there ^_^

I'm planning on possibly wearing this to the vegas comic con if I can make it. Right now money is non existant X_X stupid insurance/post office losing my paycheck.

Miaka no Baka

Lynzie
10-17-2003, 01:22 AM
Oh, my goodness, where DID you get that Masha?! It's absolutely adorable! ::Dies.::

Anyway... it's hard to say what could be wrong with it without it being on you. But from what I can see, it looks wonderful. ^_^ I just always thought of it as a lot lighter shade of pink than that.

Sarcasm-hime
10-17-2003, 02:16 AM
Like Lynzie said, it's difficult to tell if it's not on a body. A lot of what makes costumes good or bad is how they fit and hang, and we can't tell that from this picture.

Sakon
10-17-2003, 09:37 AM
The boots you got are great, but might I suggest replacing the laces pictured with pink ones that match your dress..
I know "technically" Ichigo's are black, but creative liscense is more fun!
The invisible thread should work well. But keep extra on you or have two lines attached to the tail. People get very pushy and anything fragile gets killed quick.
but you probably already knew that.

Miaka No Baka
10-17-2003, 09:50 AM
yeah of course I'd bring extra thread ^_^; I know how people are and sometimes you also tend to forget you have an extra appendage on you ^_^; I'm going to change the laces of course, those were the ones that came on the boots when i bought them. I just haven't gotten around to it. I was thinking of finding a pair that are close in color to the boots which may be hard but i'll give it a shot if i can't find them then I'd go with plain black ones then ^_^

The pleather i used is a weird shade. Some cameras pick it up as a lighter shade, some pick it up as darker. It's a shade really close to this wallpaper of ichigo i have on the background on my computer. I guess it's one of those things if you see it in person it may look different. Once I finish the wig i'll take pictures of me wearing it and post them. ^_^

The masha i bought off of yahoo japan auctions. I got this super huge ichigo mega lot, came with the vibrating masha, the strawberry bell, the wing piece that you can fit on the back, ichigo's heart wand thingie, the transformation locket, the child's ichigo waitress transforms to battle costume and some figures. I was soo happy to find that lot and it only cost me 100 bucks for everything XD If anyone is looking for a masha check yahoo japan auctions i see single auctions for just masha up there starting at 800 yen (around 8 bucks) he's cute too you pull the string that comes out of the bottom of him and he vibrates.

Thanks for the advice on it!

Miaka no Baka

Sakon
10-17-2003, 01:35 PM
IS most of this machine sewn? I have a hell of a time with vinyl and pleather and usually end up hand stitching. I did get my sewing machine a long time ago though... so it just may not be tough enough.
Also...is that feather for the trim? I couldn't find anything that looked thin and non-bulky. I ended up knitting my own out of this fuzzy yarn.
slightly off topic:

you use yahoo japan too? do you have a proxy service, or have you been able to do them on your own? There's a mini plastic strawberry bell I keep seeing. Do you know exactly what that is?
I have a HUGE sakon collection thanks to YJ. And I just won an autographed manga...

I think your Ichigo is going to far outdo your Mint cosplay. The fun thing about Ichigo is that more people recognize you. When I wore my Mint at Otakon maybe three or four people (aside from other Mew cosplayers) knew who I was.

Miaka No Baka
10-17-2003, 02:02 PM
i machine sew it. The easy way to do it is get upholstry thread. For some reason my machine is picky with what kind of thread i can use when sewing pleather. Some times it'll allow normal thread, othertimes it wants upholstry thread. I have a singer something or other. I got it when i was in 8th grade so like... 7 years ago or so. I love it to death XD

As far as yahoo japan goes, yes i go through celga.com for my bidding. I am pretty good friends with the founder of it and they're very fast and friendly. You can send money via paypal or even u.s. money order. They've got someone in the u.s. so it helps.

As far as a mini strawberry bell, it's probably one of those bootleg ones either that or it's made for little kids and probably doesn't make any noise. If you have a picture of it or a url let me know and i'll check it out ^_^;

Thanks very much for the good words *^_^* i like my ichigo costume more than my mint one now hahaha! Although i will eventually finish up mint. Maybe i'll ebay it or something. I love being a cat more than a bird. I always say nyo a lot ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

Ayana
10-18-2003, 02:55 AM
I really like how it's looking (the trim is awesome), though I'd have to see how it looks on you before I could really say anything. One thing, though...in the manga images of Ichigo (I have a nice little Nakayoshi collection ^^) it looks like her skirt goes out into the gravity-defying thing and then goes back under...kinda like a mushroom cap, if you can understand what I'm trying to say. Like the fabric of the skirt wraps around the tutu. I don't know if that's how it's s'posed to be or not, but that's how the pics of her look to me.

Miaka No Baka
10-21-2003, 12:42 AM
ok i have pictures of the front and back with me wearing it. I decided to ditch the tutu cause when i stuck it in the skirt it kinda made it look odd. I made it so the skirt is mushroomy so to call it there's another skirt made of a shiny pink pvc (for a nice contrast) on the underside of the outer skirt which the two were sewn together nicely. I also added another panel to the skirt so it'd be much more gathered. I know i also need to take in the top of the side seams on the bodice a tiny bit cause i've either lost weight or my boobs decided to go south a bit more so it's kinda a tad large at the top edge of the bodice, not as snug fitting as i want it up there.

I'm not wearing the boots or the tail cause i was not in the mood to work the rigging of the tail at the time nor did i want to stick on the boots. But you can get the jist of it. I'm still working on the wig and sewing the ears to that.

here's the front, sorry for the small size of the picture i had to set the camera on a shelf on auto timer and step away enough to get a picture.

http://shin-ri.org/kon-nichiwa/cosplay/ichigofront.jpg

and here is the back:

http://shin-ri.org/kon-nichiwa/cosplay/ichigoback.jpg

as always i'm open to critisism and advice to make it better ^_^ I'm also making a pair of matching pink "panties" to wear underneath it to cover my actual underwear and keep the fan boys at bay. They'll match the slightly darker and shinier pink pvc which the underneath of the skirt is made of.

Miaka no Baka

Lynzie
10-21-2003, 10:34 PM
I think it looks great! :D

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
10-26-2003, 10:58 PM
hey~ i did tokyo mew mew b4 too (but the waitress version), just wondering, from ur pic u haven't put on ur tail yet, have u think of a way to attach ur tail on yet? (coz it did took some time to me to solve my problem but the way i solve it might not work for u coz my tail is hinding behind my big apron bow) --- just to remind you in case u really forgot about the tail thing...

**btw, ur costume is very well-ly made! did u made the gloves ur self??? where did u get all that Tokyo Mew Mew cosplay items~ I wanted to get those be for too.......>_<

Miaka No Baka
10-26-2003, 11:24 PM
yes i made the gloves as well. The tail it's just going to be safety pinned on underneath the skirt. I didn't put it on for the picture because the weight of the bow and bell will cause the tail to hang down and i have to rig up some clear thread to hold it up in the right position, at the time when i took the pictures i didn't want to work on the tail so i didn't have it on.

The cosplay items were bought off yahoo japan, i saw ichigo's bell on ebay not too long ago check ebay a lot and see if it's on there. ^_^

I'm also working on the waitress costume now too. I've got everything done except for the bloomers and the hat thingie then it'll be done.

Miaka no Baka

liz-maru
10-27-2003, 04:15 PM
looks awesome *_* i have nothing more to say lol

oninomiko
10-29-2003, 08:28 PM
Masha!!!!!!!! ^^; I have the vibrating Masha! I got it at Otakon! ^^; but yeah... kawaii!!! It looks great - but you might want to try attaching the thread to something other than your neck... back of the outfit? No strangling!

karencoolie
02-20-2005, 10:18 PM
r u sellin that costume? caz i think its adorable and would luuuuv 2 buy it! but of course, if u wish 2 keep it, then thats fine!!

Miyavi-desu
02-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Thats an absolutely wonderful costume! I dont think that I've seen an Ichigo better than yours~ I cant seem to find anything wrong with it...the ONLY thing that I can pick out is that I think on Ichigo's boots she has a black tied bow on the top?...but I dont think thats anything to major.
...I looked through your other costumes and they are just "WOW!" XD

Jill-kun
07-08-2008, 09:08 PM
i cant see the pictures T_T

a link would do some good perhaps?

o01101011
07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
i cant see the pictures T_T

a link would do some good perhaps?

This thread is five years old, I doubt they still need advice.