PDA

View Full Version : Allens eye marking?... what make up to use?

RinoaShadow
01-03-2011, 05:36 AM
I posted something like this in Makeup, for a general 'what make up to use' thing... now, i wanna be more specific, since i'm now pretty eager to cosplay Allen.

Basically, i know basic make up to use, but i've never needed to do things like markings before. (oh god. it's gonna be a nightmare around my eye :P i squirm at things near my eye xD) but anyway... i wanna know, maybe what people have already done, or could suggest on what make up to use for Allens eye?

EDIT: i decided to switch to the 2nd Uniform... so the whole arm thing is no longer nessecary... as now i can... some how find a way to make the crowned clown arm.
that should be fun. OTL haha xD i have no idea about the approach, but it'll be fiiiiiiiiine.... *immortal last words*

EDIT AGAIN: Clearly, from my current display picture.... i did it. turned out just fine after using lip liner and using hair spray to stop it smudging or rubbing off.

thanks, and sorry to bother you with all my ramblings ^^;

keylianna
01-19-2011, 08:40 AM
I have cosplayed Allen at Acen 2010 and for the eye I used a magic color creme pencil in red. I got at a store the sells costume and make up of theater but I did not do his arm so I am not sure how you would go about did that. I hope this helps sorry can help you with the arm.

-Nayami-
01-21-2011, 06:41 AM
For my friend's eye, we used just a basic red lip pencil over some latex.

For the cursed arm, she used a glove. She made her own glove out of a stretchy material, used latex and hot glue to mark the details, and then painted it red. Nails and fingers were made out of wonderflex, and she used dyed resin for the mark in the middle of his hand. It turned out really well, and she got a lot of compliments on it. You can see it here (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2554297/).

LarkaChan
01-29-2011, 04:32 PM
My brother is going as Allen and I think we're going to experiment and try the lip stain brush that (cover girl I think) came out with. for my Kiba markings I used liner then went over in lipstick then set it with a powder, they stayed crisp and clean all day and didn't fade.

Ani_BEE
02-17-2011, 02:27 PM
The cheapest but one of the better option is Prestige Cosmetics waterproof lip liner in LW-05 True Red and you can pick up a Brow or Black Waterproof liner to mix the colours for a more bloody red. It's also identical to my Make Up For Ever.

http://www.prestigecosmetics.com/lips_waterproof_lipliner.cfm

Personally I love MAC's Chromaline in Basic Red gel paint mixed with another gel liner in black to make blood red. It lasted all day (18 hours) and will work for anyone with skin issues.

Nayara
02-22-2011, 07:04 PM
I always used a red eye liner for his scar. Cheap, easy to get and no problem to carry around. A friend usually painted the scar on for me since I often painted it on the wrong side of my face when I did it myself. (Yes, mirrors... I didn't believe people could be clumsy enough to do that but then I found myself having done it for the third time...)

After that we fixated everything with hair spray. Yes, I know people are always wailing that you should totally not do that and that it's totally unhealthy and blah.
But dear god, it does the job good. I almost didn't have to refresh my scar make-up. (And it's not like I did it every day. :P)

RinoaShadow
02-24-2011, 11:34 PM
you used hair spray to stop it smudging? o: that's interesting.... i wasn't too sure on what i should use to keep it from smudging or rubbing off~
i'm fearful that i will put it on the wrong side too... im bad with mirrors :'D

Nayara
02-26-2011, 08:46 AM
you used hair spray to stop it smudging? :o that's interesting.... i wasn't too sure on what i should use to keep it from smudging or rubbing off~
Yes, the "spraying on" is a bit unpleasant at first but okay. (And I found it's better to spray from about 20-30cm away on your face and do 2 layers than get closer to your face and do one thick layer which makes you choke. The stuff might also run down your face if you use too much at once. Doesn't necessarily ruin the make-up, but well~ - )
Might also feel a bit weird on the skin but you get used to it pretty quickly (at least I did and it made me a happy lil Allen : D).

i'm fearful that i will put it on the wrong side too... im bad with mirrors :'D
Well, good luck then? xD And if you still do it wrong, don't be sad. Dozens of Allens have done it before too. :geek:

RinoaShadow
03-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Well, i -litterally- just got the make up for it, so thank you for all the help guys :D
Now im extremely nervous to do a trial run :'D

Nayara
03-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Just try and if you can still post on here afterwards we know you didn't die from it? :D

Torra-chan
08-02-2011, 12:00 AM
I used a dark redish-brown retractable pencil eyeliner (it's more of an oil like eyeliner... I guess it could be described as) the only issue is that it smudges so you have to be careful... I just told my friend who was with me at the con to keep an eye on it and let me know if it smudged at all. I lasted almost the entire con without any problems... the only area it smudged in was the star at the top because my wig's bangs kept brushing it but it wasn't noticeable at all

Cowgirl_Red
10-14-2011, 03:53 PM
I just used face paint and painted it on :P You can probably get a temporary tattoo from the marketplace commissioners though :)