PDA

View Full Version : Female Cosplaying as Grimmjow, Help?

surferhorse12
01-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Hey, I'm a female cosplaying as Grimmjow. Any advice and tips on the costume, or just cosplaying in general would be greatly appreciated! :toothy:

Aearon
01-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Hmmm.... Have fun with it above all! Heck, you probably won't see the people at the con again anyway... And if ya do, it probably won't be for another year... >.> lol

NatureMade
01-04-2011, 10:53 PM
It honestly depends what kinda advice you need.

If we're just talking general,
Well a first, and obvious costume problem is your female figure. Ace Bandages take care of that, even though it'll be a bit uncomfie. Also, for his hollow hole, I've known people to just use black sharpie to color it in, and i've also known people who use a round mirror tucked into their pants. Maybe re-inforce the mirror with some sorta skin adhesive.

Aearon
01-04-2011, 11:34 PM
*Nods.* It also depends what form you're wanting to cosplay as and how much you want to make yourself too.

Personally, I think he looks a lot better in his unreleased (un-resurrección) form. (http://api.ning.com/files/9fjx8zo*-ZouQdJFUlde10VyyZ*RA30sRxP1A7d3f4t5ggio92KYw73H3Ke PxZOVxghLG8rKML642O-WQwOgw11VYhcQVnyP/Grimmjow_by_Evil_Siren.jpg)

As for the hole... I'd go with a sharpie over the mirror. I've seen some go with a round black sticker or even some black tape cut in the form of a circle.
For his mask, you can make it pretty easily out of papier-mache, foam, or clay.
And, the outfit can be made without too much trouble or purchased from a ton of online retailers. :)

rubyspitfire
01-06-2011, 07:47 AM
ace bandages are BAD!!! try the open-shirt tape binding technique over in the crossplay forum. keep in mind that it may be uncomfortable, but if it hurts then you're doing it wrong

if you do his unreleased form, make sure you have some double-sided tape to secure your jacket to whatever binding you use so you don't accidentally flash your binding at people. for the hole, some kind of non-toxic marker would work, but make sure it won't rub off on clothing. the mask shouldn't be hard to find, and the outfit could be easily made with a standard hakama pattern (i used taeliac's tutorial on dA for ukitake's pants, they do take a TON of fabric though) and a small jacket either made from scratch or bought and modified. also chioky on dA commissions wooden bleach swords and i believe pantera is one that he is currently offering, i suggest going there. pricy, yes, but also very accurate and well-made

good luck and post pics when you're done!

Aearon
01-07-2011, 01:47 PM
If you're looking for the sword, I could make you one as well. I generally like to use acrylic (plexiglass) instead of wood. An average sword generally runs about $25 in materials and $20-$30 in labor depending how detailed the tsuba is, how much painting needs to be done, etc. I can also do the saya that won't scratch the acrylic or the paint but those cost quite a bit to do. They also weigh more than the wood swords.

SeleneHino
01-13-2011, 01:36 AM
I'm thinking of doing the same. So what I did was look around for pictures of Grimmjow as a Female then find one I think would be fun the make and won't show a lot of skin. I found one on DA of him then one of Ulquiorra so I'm going to try and make both or just Ulquiorra for now

Aearon
01-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Sounds cool to me. Which pics are ya going off of? ^.^