PDA

View Full Version : Anime Detour '11!

ladydaydream
01-05-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm very excited to say I'm going to AD 11! I've been going for 3 years, but this might be the first year I'll cosplay. Yay! Anyone else psyched?
:crylaugh:

songbirdblues
01-05-2011, 06:56 AM
I'm excited for this year's Detour :3
I have 4 costumes lineup, but now I'm contemplating on 2 designs for my Ranka Lee and Rukia Kuchiki outfits.

Who will you be going as?

Pocketfightr
01-05-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm pretty stoked to be going back. Last year was my first Detour and I have to say, I was pretty blown away by the whole room party set-up they have going on around the pool (even if I'm an old foggey that didn't party).

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I can get my Bubblegum Crisis cosplay done and debuted at Detour.

ladydaydream
01-06-2011, 11:03 AM
I might be a hunter from Monster Hunter Tri, but only if I can convince my friend to be a guildie.

RedRumXmuRdeR
01-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Wow I can't believe AD '11 is almost here. Last year was my first year and it was so awesone this year I plan to cosplay even more. And I hear a very special DJ will be making an appearance, DeadMau5 is showing up. I'm going to be him this year :) can't wait

kittymutt
01-08-2011, 02:45 PM
I am so excited as well! :) This year will be my first year going. I managed to get four of my friends to come with me. We're going to all be Pokemon! If I have time, I also want to make a S. Italy cosplay.

koinukyon
01-10-2011, 09:02 AM
I'm suuuuuuper excited for Detour! I'm still trying to get my cosplays together, though----and I was super bummed to find out that I couldn't cosplay Rico from Gunslinger Girl!

At least not at Detour...they don't allow airsoft guns. =[

It makes me a sadpanda.

SpazzyKat
01-11-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm reaaaaally excited!!!:>
Last year I went, and it was my first con ever, and I loved it~

i'm gonna be going as SF-A2 Miki (the Vocaloid), I'll probably be Grell again (Even though people thought i was a chibi! XD) and I might be either Russia or Canada from hetalia~ I also have a few simpler costumes I'm debating on.

Though I'm kind of bummed out, because me and some friends tried to get a table in the artist's alley and it filled up, so we didn't get accepted. D:

songbirdblues
01-11-2011, 01:01 PM
SF-A2 Miki is so cute :3 I so want to go as a character from Vocaloid(mainly Miku's Love is War outfit) but I have 4 other costumes already and feel like adding more is a lot already :(

SpazzyKat
01-13-2011, 06:22 PM
OOH, that would be really cool~ :>
But maybe just do 4 costumes, seems easier, plus then you won't have to change during the day~ and you can always do that costume next year!

I've actually decided that along with Miki, I'm going to be Magical Kitty Len Len. XD
The costume looks like this: http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/SpazzyKat/Screenshot2011-01-13at61800PM.png

I'm gonna wear it to an anime mid-winter ball at a library soon, and then detour~

ladydaydream
01-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Anime Ball? I haven't heard of those in MN.

LightningHair
01-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Anime Ball? I haven't heard of those in MN.

I hadn't heard of it, but a search found one by Ridgedale Library’s Teen Anime Club. I think I'll leave that to the youngsters.

Raven_Night
01-20-2011, 02:34 AM
Oh now I find this thread hidden away after I just posted in the Minnesotan cosplayer thread xD

Anyways, this is going to be my first Detour. I've wanted to go for year's, but never had the money. Now I have a job so now I can pay for it! WOO!

I'll be there with my boyfriend and my best friend. I'm dressing up as Cat Witch Blair from Soul Eater and my boyfriend is gonna be Itoshiki Nozumo from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

H0TARU
01-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm so excited for this year's AD! xD
I'll be cosplaying as Kaito and Minato from Persona.

Orihara,Izaya
01-23-2011, 09:00 PM
This will be my 4th year going!
I'm very excited to cosplay my latest obsession, Izaya Orharaa~ <3

bloodypirate
01-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Wow, this is going to be my fourth Detour already. Jeez, time flies. As for costumes this time around, I think I'm bringing back my Ordon Village Link and Integra Hellsing, while my new costumes will be Sebastian Michaelis and Azula.

DoodlePanda
01-30-2011, 08:08 PM
>u< it's going to be my first con~ I'm excited!

I just need to figure out another cosplay, aside from Marluxia, that I want to do. :C

KyuubiOfPie
02-04-2011, 11:52 PM
This shall be my first con aswell! Going as Maka Albarn from Soul Eater and the Kyuubi from Naruto if i can get him finished/

rarrrhannah
02-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Hey all~! Second Detour for me!

This year I'm going as a girl version of Scout (TF2), Children's day Hungary (Hetalia), and an Umbreon gijinka! My friend is going as an Espeon gijinka as well.

It's coming up fast...but I can't wait!

samiawesome
02-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Just thought I'd add myself here cause I'll be there!

This will be my second year going and I'm really excited!

Leon_Redfield
02-16-2011, 02:49 AM
First Detour for me, however I've been actively going to conventions for nearly 10 years. Mostly visiting for a friend, yay friends.

JellySpIIrt
02-17-2011, 09:29 AM
This is my first year going to AD, since I am flying down from CA (* ^ ^*).
This is going to be a birthday present for me, since my birthday is april 6th.
x) I will be cosplaying and competing as Hizaki from Versailles. xD

Kamikazeh1
02-23-2011, 10:35 AM
I'll be there, for the 4th time in a row, since 2007...but not that excited. every year is the same thing, this will be my last year, and then who knows what cons I will go to next year?
I made a post in the "which anime character do I look like" thread somewhere around here but I don't even know if I ever got any replies. I am very sad. :blubber: Anyways, the people at Detour used to be friendly. Haven't seen much of those types lately.

ladydaydream
02-23-2011, 10:49 AM
I wish I could go to different cons, but it's hard to get time off.

sailorcomet
02-23-2011, 09:58 PM
This will be my 5th Detour! I always really enjoy this con, and I'm excited; just a bit more than a month to go. I've never checked out the cosplay forums beforehand, though!

I'm going to be cosplaying James "Prongs" Potter and am looking for any other Harry Potter cosplayers. =D Do people usually make threads to organize photo meets?

~Ichigo~
02-24-2011, 03:55 AM
This will be my second year at detour and should be really fun =). I have 2 ichigo bankai coats that aren't the right size so i might just go as snow villiers most of the weekend lol. Still working on ulquiorra..

Kamikazeh1
02-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Oh man. wth. who shall I cosplay...T_T

Akahime
03-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Hey all. I'm excited too. Last year was my first year too (a lot of first years in here). LOL I'll be taking a lot of pictures of cosplayers and of course, I'll be cosplaying myself. I'll definitely bringing the Female Protagonist of Persona 3 Portable (so HOTARU, if I see you, we need to get a picture together!). And if I find knee socks, I'll be bringing my Rin Tosaka. 8'3

And I'll be dragging a Xion of KH 358/2. And if my other sister finally decides, a Naoto from DOGS. =3

@Kamikaze: Why don't you just replay some of your costumes? Unless you really want to work on a new cosplay. I think many of us here can give you suggestions. =)

Kamikazeh1
03-01-2011, 02:40 PM
AWw thank you Akahime! :) Thats nice of you. Suggestions would be awesome. I found my original post in that thread. But would sure love more suggestions...^^; I don't have any old costumes that have endured the sands of time unfortunately. O_O LoL. Who knows what I will be able to pull out of...my sleeve.

Akahime
03-01-2011, 06:54 PM
No problem Kamikazeh! =) Ahahaha. I know what you mean about old costumes. >>;; One of my first cosplays (coughRINTOSAKAcough) sorta doesn't fit me anymore. I've gained a lot of lot in the last two years. >>;; But I am working myself to lose the weight right now. 8)

Anyways, suggestions for you.... you have such pretty face and bone structures... =0 ... you don't mind any characters, right? Do you prefer to cosplay something you are already familiar with or know? Or does that not matter to you? =)

CatTheTerrible
03-02-2011, 08:33 AM
If anyone reg'd, can't go, and is willing to transfer a badge, please PM me ASAP.

Kamikazeh1
03-02-2011, 09:40 AM
I have also, ehem, gained some weight. Well, also, some of my costumes are um, I guess, how should I say, childish? (Think old school Naruto characters) So I'm kind of toooooo old for that. Or should I say too mature?? ;) I just need to work out/exercise as far as the weight thing goes. I mean, if you're a bit chubby there's nothing wrong with that---but the problem comes when you're grossly overweight and you try and pull off a very skinny character---no offense to anyone, and I feel bad about it but. Okay I'll shutup now. :(

Thank you! <3 I've never heard any1 say I have nice 'bone structure' but thank you anyway. I don't get too many compliments nowadays, (have I ever?!) aaand I have kind of low self esteem most of the time. blah! Yeah I dont mind whatever characters are out there! ^^ I'm really not familiar with any anime, just don't have time to watch any unless they are more adult orientated. not much for stuff like naruto, bleach, etc. I also like videogame characters if they aren't too hard to pull off. Crossplay is okay too. ...
wtf, I don;t even know who Rin Tosaka? is? Sounds familiar...does she have dark long hair? ribbons in her ponytails...oh gosh I guess I should just google it. *slap forehead*
Well what about you, are you doing any new cosplays??? ^^

Akahime
03-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Ahahaha. Kamikaze is so cute and funny. 8') Dude, I am trying to lose five to ten pounds before AD. >>;; Ever since I gained my pounds, everytime a picture is taken (and I forget my angles), I just look really big and it's not really pleasant to sure. >>;; (*cries inside*) But I love my chest and hips. It makes a perfect hourglass. I hope that if I do lose my pounds that I do not lose either of those two. (*prays sliently*) ahahaha. Oh, but you do have nice bone structures! =3 Those always look great in a photo. =3= I am so jealous. I don't have that, obviously, so I need my hips and boobs at least. LMAO

Ahhh, Naruto. I'm still young at heart, so I'll probably still cosplay Naruto in the future. Ahahaha. My love for Naruto will never die.... and if it does, ... eh, it's not the end of the world. hahaha

Ahaha. I know what you mean. I'm not familiar with too much anime too. I haven't been keeping up with anime myself. I love anime, but I don't watch it like every day of the week. >>;; For some reason, I feel bad when people tell me they own x numbers of DVDs and know this x number of anime -and I am standing there like: 'huh?' Rin is from Fate Stay Night and often people likes to cosplay as her because she is easy to do. That's one of the main reasons why I cosplayed as her first. Ahaha. (*shot*) But yes, she does have dark long hair and ribbons in her hair. = D

Okay, anyways, suggestions now. =3 I was stalking your profile and read your journal (apparently I am just a naturally creepy creeper) and totally think ChunLi is a beautiful idea. I don't think it's TOO hard to make, but you do just have a month before AD so I guess that's not really the brightest idea to ask for you to do. As for non-main stream anime (simple and interesting) cosplays, I think these would be the best:

Haibane Renmei: all of the mainish characters and MC are really not that hard to pull off, it's just that they have tiny angel wings and a halo
Gurren Lagann: Yoko, or one of the three Bachika sisters. Viral (who is awesome and is a beastman)
Fairy Tail: I suggest just to take a look or scan the characters because they ALL are just very awesome. And most of their clothes are not very hard to make at all. =)
Skip Beat: Kyoko or Kanae!!
xxxHOLiC: Doumeki, Watanuki, or Yuuko.
Canaan: Canaan or Alphard! =)

And also, I don't know if you checked it out or not, there is a thread about simple cosplays that I am sure you will be able to get done before AD comes around. =3 Check it out! LINK TO THREAD (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=230812)

Kamikazeh1
03-02-2011, 11:22 PM
LOL X3
5-10 lbs in a month?! Yeesh. O_o Thats alot. Just cut back on sugary stuff. I can't seem to let go of my fondness for cakes/cupcakes/etc. My hips are paying the price. T_T However, big chest, ah yes, tis a good thing. ^^ It depends on the person, everyone is different, but usually when you do lose weight, you're gonna lose the big chest/big butt/other nice attributes that are natural/look good on a woman. And hourglass, you are a lucky girl. And I still think nice bone structures is a strange compliment. ROFL. Just one I've never heard before. Well yep, you've got other attributes, so that is good to be thankful for!!! <3
As for Naruto, I don't hate it, I just...I did those costumes already I spose. But I would like to do Shikamaru again...I like the Temari attention sometimes. *cough* Nah, he;s just fun to do. Yes, there is always more anime to love!
It seems like you know waaay more anime than me!!! I know nothing next to your anime knowledge, I don't know anything about any of the suggested characters...! I've heard of a few of them but...not familiar with any of the characters. Thank you though, I googled some of them. I think I'm pretty picky when it comes to cosplay...probably cuz I'm poor haha! I don't feel bad when people tell me about all the anime they know about, I just feel kind of stupid. T_T; I know someone who crossplayed Rin...I have a bad image of her now..T_T But cute character. Who else have you cosplayed...wait I should check out your stats. Duhh. Does that make me a creeper too now? LOL! And yeah....Chun Li would be out of the question now, even though I bought the fabric/other stuff a month or two ago...ugh. why do I always do that...?
You know...I keep getting suggested to do Yoko from Tengen Toppa Gurenn Lagann...O_o but I think I'm a little um, too chubby to do her....
:angel:

Akahime
03-03-2011, 09:56 AM
>>;; Yeah, 5 to ten pounds is a lot. But I already lost like four. So hopefully just a couple of more pounds so that I actually do angles with my body, I don't look quite as big. >>;; But I know what you mean, girls do lose more of their pounds from their good body parts. *sigh* Let's hope I get lucky just this once. 8'D *in great denial* I actually don't eat sugary stuff. >>;; I have a fear of going to the dentist, so I keep my teeth clean of just about anything sugary. Sometimes I'll have some cherry coke or orange juice, but that's about it. And I avoid a lot of fast food food too. I always eat a lot of meat and vegetables (if I get lucky, fruits too, yum!). So me losing weight just depend on excersise and me not being lazy now. 8'D

8'D I guess I am always worried about bone structures for me. Because if you have bone structures, you don't have to worry too much about where you face away or to the camera. V.V;;

Ah, I see. I feel the same way now that I have worn my Hinata cosplay a couple of times. My friends wants to see her back, but I'm a little tired of that one, for now (and also, I recently cut my hair so it won't be as long as Hinata's). Aahaha. Temari does get a lot of attention. ;D She is really awesome and smexy. =3 It's funny because Hinata gets a good amount of attention too. Last year at AD, the majority of the people who hugged me were mostly Kakashi. 0,o

Ahahah. No no. I'm sure I don't know as much anime as you do. If you listed some of the ones you know, I'm pretty sure I'll be clueless as well. I (used) to watch a lot of mainstream anime, sorta do right now, and nowadays I watch less popular shows that are still amazing! =D And don't worry about being picky. I'm rather picky with myself when I am on a budget as well. >>;; I feel stupid too when people tells me of their anime knowledge or whoever character they are and I'm like: "uhhhhh... sorry?" *explodes* 0,o A Rin crossplayer huh and bad image of Rin?! Well, that's okay. I would have been the same too if something to offended me (or whatever that would scare me away).

I don't think you're too chubby for Yoko. 0,o Girl, I'm too chubby for her. I am like 5'2.5 and I weight 130lbs. That's a little too chubby for Yoko of Guren Lagann. >>;; But of course, if one is too uncomfortable with an idea, there's no use of forcing it (no matter the reason). =) Okay okay. Well, which animes do you know pretty well/good and perhaps I'll suggest a character from there? Unless you already thought up ideas already for yourself. 8'D

Kamikazeh1
03-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Oh well that is good that you don't eat sugary things too much, I have a weakness for it. :(Wow you seem like a pretty healthy person. :)
And about bone structures, believe me, there still are alot of photos of me that look weird!

Kakashi, LOL. I did a Hinata once. I wasn't very good at it. T_T

Well, the most recent anime I like is called Queen's Blade. :) I do also like Mushi Shi. And Great Teacher Onizuka/GTO. Those are ones I have actually watched.
And yeah...nothing really offends me, I just...some crossplays or super overweight cosplays done terribly freak me out a little. O_o I do like the Rin character, I just have a bad perception of her now, since then...
It's not that I'm very uncomfortable with cosplaying Yoko, it's just...I don't believe I can pull her off. :(
Well lets see, off the top of my head, I know the Street Fighter franchise pretty well, Queen's Blade I'm getting to know, Mushi Shi is out of the question as far as cosplay, Darkstalkers was always a fave, .....and ...*is blank* O_O Yeah. LoL. See I told you I was limited. T_T I do have a few ideas...I'm trying to work on Menace from Queen's Blade....>< And another costume but that one is under wraps, dunno if I can get it done on time, if I do, then I will let you kno so you can keep an eye out for me. ^_^
And no offense or anything but I thought you were Caucasian! XD Not that that is a bad thing but...yeah...ROFL.
Okay off to work on cosplays before I go to work. :wave:

Akahime
03-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Healthy, yes. But I always overfeed myself. >> I always eat until I'm really full and I acutally don't excercise all that much. *shot* So hence I gained weight. *weeps*

LMAO. Caucasian. 8'D

I'm not really good at Hinata too. I'm a little bit too crazy for Hianta's personality (and I keep going back to myself, so staying in character is rather hard for me). But since I have a cute face, when I'm quiet, I acutally look/sound like Hinata? 0,o And can't pull Yoko off? Yeah. Same here. =,=;; Though I love sniping guns. (play too much Modern Warfare 2)

And okay! Let me know if there is anything you need help with. =3 I hope you get that second costume done, but don't push yourself too. Real life comes first no matter what. *shakes fist at RL* I never heard of Queen's Blade or Mushi Shi before. =0 But I think I have an idea what GTO is. But that's about it. 8D See? You do some some anime I do not. 8'D

>>;; *cough, cough*

Anyways, also let me know if your few ideas don't work! I'll help suggest some characters where I believe their clothes can easily be attained at thirft stores. =D It always works me for. ... well, most of the times. 8'3

Kamikazeh1
03-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Overeating is always a bad thing! :( I try very hard not to do that, it obviously doesn't feel very good afterwards, even tho the food is so good at the time...
Modern Warfare 2, haha you'd probably get along with my lil sis, she likes her violent videogames...I would like to play some video games, but...no time. T_T
Yes, RL comes first but...you gotta make time to have fun too. I work too much. Well, it's a normal-ish job but. still. I feel like i never have time to play. :(
Oh yeah, thrift stores are an option. I don't usually go to those, but...might have to check them out...But thank you for offering your help!
hey do you know anything about the AD masquerade/costume contest thing?? I gotta go look up some info on it. Hmmm.
So who are you going with, to Detour? Do you have a group? Staying at the hotel?

Akahime
03-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Yes, overeating is a bad thing... but I love good food. =,=;; I though been very good at not eating large amounts of food anymore. I still gotta lose five of those pounds. *sigh* ahahaha. I probably will get along with her and she'll probably beat my ass. I'm not that good. 8'D But I love it either way. My little brothers are way better than me. but at least, I am better than my sisters. *dances in place* Ahh. I don't have time for video games these days too. I had a huge break of video games for almost two years I think and just started recently to play again. Just mostly on the PS3 and PSP. >>;;

You don't go to thrift stores often? D= B-but! They are so cool. 8'D Okay... not really. But still. They have some cool gadgets. 8'D I have a weakness for used music boxes. Ahahaha. There are always plenty at a thrift store for some reason. 0,o But yes, do go and check them out!!!! =D

As for the AD masquerade thing, I'm not too sure. I never been in it nor do I know people who has been in it. So I'm not much help there, sorry. >>;; But yes, do go look up some info in it. IF you go, I'll make sure to go and cheer for you. =D And as for going to detour, I'll be going with two of my sisters. The first day I'll probably get a carpool with my friends, but I am expecting to leave them on the spot because I wanna take pictures and they most likely already have a place in the Art Gallery place thingy (I haven't asked yet, but they did have one last year). I didn't buy a hotel room. Though, I kind of wish I did now... but then again, that's still a lot of money. 8'D Ahahaha. I rather waste money on gas than sleep at the hotel.

And what about yourself? =D

Kamikazeh1
03-04-2011, 09:47 AM
LoL...

Hmm. Yeah, I'll have to check those stores out....

Well, I got the hotel room as early as they came out. LOL. Aaand I'm going with my boyfriend and my little sister, and a few other friends I know of, are going also.
Oh speaking of, I reaaaaaaaaallllllly beg you to help me find a costume for my boyfriend...it would be nice if me and him went as a pair from the same anime but I don't care if we are from the same anime or not. I thought of Soul Eater's Black Star, but I dunno. He's about 5'10, Caucasian, big arms, short cropped brown hair, greyish green eyes....LoL. He's probably not to keen on wearing wigs or contacts (expensive contacts) but...,we'll see. Perhaps you can suggest something?? ^___^ *hopeful*

Akahime
03-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Ahhh! Lucky! A hotel room is more convenient and nice. =3=bb LOL I would ask my friends if they had hotel rooms and maybe I'll just pay them money to 'share the room' but I haven't had time to ask and I'm too lazy to do it now since it's a little late anyways. =3=;;b And most of my friends are in Saint Paul anyways so I'm assuming they'll be commuting. 0-o

A suggestion for your boyfriend? Of course! I'll be more than happy to help. =) It's totally okay not to want to wear wigs or contacts. They can get really expensive (especially contacts). And wigs can be itchy too. 8'D AHAHAHA. I like being from the same anime, but sometimes the people you go with are not into the same series as you are. So it's fine to cosplay something completely different from each other. That's what me and my little sister gonna be doing anyways. Ahaha.

Anyways....*thinks about anime characters* Hmm, I was going to suggest anyone from Hetalia but I believe a lot of people will be cosplaying from that series so it'll be boring. >>;; Hm, if I was to give a suggestion about an anime because of your boyfriend's height, I think Takashi (Mori) from Ouran Host Club is a good one. =3 He doesn't need to change his hair and don't worry about the eyes. =3=;;b Eyes are the least important when it comes to cosplaying. I think him as Black Star is fine too. Big arms can be like a buffed Black Star, which what Black Star should be. Buff. 8'D AHAHA. Or maybe even someone from Durarara (though I'm not too familiar with this anime, but it sounds cool). 8'D AHAHA.

songbirdblues
03-04-2011, 11:08 AM
I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in, but your boyfriend can go as Izaya or Shizuo from Durarara: reference (http://i53.tinypic.com/2w348dd.jpg) (since the anime was suggested I thought I suggest characters from the show ^^; )
Shizuo's outfit can be accompany with a street sign or something :P

Akahime
03-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Thank you Song Bird! =3 I was actually going to suggest the same person myself. 8'D AHaha.

Kamikazeh1
03-06-2011, 10:53 AM
@songbirdblues: *dies laughing* Jumping in? This is a forum! Anyone can jump in whenever they feel like! LOL! ^_^ You're not interrupting anything. :) And thanks for the suggestion too!!!!

@Akahime AHA! Nice profile pic thing. You're Asian! Like half of me! Bwahahah.

With the hotel thing...I WOULD offer you a stay in my hotel room but...it's gonna be my boyfriend and my sister...it might also be very awkward. ><' But commuting back and forth isn't bad. :)
Contacts are expensive, I agree, and wigs...they are okay but yep itchy and I severely doubt he is going to wear a wig, even tho I think he looks great in a nice wig. But yeah, he's even LESS into anime than me. He doesn't like little childish type characters---he can't pull those off! LoL of course. The Ouran Host Club character looks very similar to him though! Thank you!!! Now where do I get the outfit??? :( If he does that character I want to do one from there too!!! Which one could I be?! X3 Are they all boys? Cuz I wouldnt mind crossplaying! Then me and him could be a yaoi pair. XD ROFL.
So I watched the first two episodes of Soul Eater, it was alright. Kind of interesting, until the Black Star character showed up---I didn't know he was an actual KID kid. -_- and his voice is played by a woman in the dubbed. I was like...nope. me no like. T_T so black star is out of the picture, at least for cosplay. ><
Blah. Okay time to go work on my costumes. AGAIN! I worked on one ALLLLLL DAY yesterday. wish me good luck. :angel:

Edit: Oh man this Durara guy is SKINNY. -_- Boyfriend isn't skinny for sure. More athletic and thicker. (but not FAT) What is Durara about anyways...is it popular anime?
ANd also, I think I'm gonna go crazy seeing all the Hetalia cosplayers. :( I was going to do that, earlier this year I was thinking about it...but...

Akahime
03-06-2011, 12:18 PM
What? You're half Asain? =o Cool.

Ahahaha. Thanks for the offer, it would be awkward. I have two other sisters with me so I guess for them, it would be a little more awkward. 8'D AHAHA. Don't worry about it I guess. If all else fails, commuting is fine.

The outfit I believe you can try to find in stores if you don't know how to sew a blazer (well at least, I don't know how to make it ahaha) and just make the ouran high school badge. And yes, if he doesn't like child-like characters, I think Black Star is not for him. Black Star is REALLY outrageous. 8'D AHaha. But awesome nevertheless. Mori would be a great choice and he is a rather quiet guy. So I guess it's a win situation? If you want to also cosplay from Ouran, yeah, most of them are boys actually. But Haruhi is a girl pretending to be a guy (since everyone mistaken her to be a guy at first when she first came to the school) and Haruhi is also the MC. =3

Good luck to you Kamikaze!! =) Durara is I think semi-popular to popular. I haven't even got a chance to watch it myself, but I only know the name and some of the characters' names. =3

As for Hetalia, I think there will be A LOT of cosplayers cosplaying Hetalia. 0,o This is going to be interesting. And... your 'but'....?

Kamikazeh1
03-06-2011, 03:48 PM
*nods* Half Japanese, to be exact. :D

You're welcome though. :)

And no I don't know how to sew a blazer. >< I wouldn't even try at this point, I have way too much to work on atm. But yeah OHSC sounds like fun. The character Mori reminds me alot of my b/f. I might have to convince him though, cuz he might now do it cuz he will feel stupid. =x= ehh. LOL no Black Star. I dunno if I should be Honey or the MC Haruhi. ..Hmm. I would have to buy a blonde wig though.
Thank you Akahime. Durarara, I shall think more on that one. Their costumes are kind of 'stale' and not fun/. I like fun things..XD I have a very boring life where I work Mon-Fri, at a very very very boring job assembling medical stuff, so yeah. i like to go all out and have lots of fun over the top, when I can! X3
And yeah Hetalia. T_T Just too many cosplayers doing that one, so I was thinking of it, but...but...but! LOL. Nah, I'll just have to forget about it this time. Ergh. ><'

Hey what are your sisters going as?! So do we get to meet each other at AD?! XD Hey you got facebook? :)

Sigh, well back to working on my cosplays. ><' such work! but fun at the same time. I just keep running into snags and troubles...props aren't my forte. T____T':blubber:

Akahime
03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
8'D Ahhh, awesome. Half-Japanese huh? =3= I knew you had some Asian-ness in you because your eyes totally say 'Asian'. 8'D Ahahaa. Or something ilke that. ;)

Yep, I too wouldn't want to try to sew a blazer. I'll wait until I feel like giving myself a challenge. >>;; But cool! I'm glad you could find someone for him to cosplay as. =) And don't worry, he'll probably come to love it. .... then again... *tries to be positive anyways* I tried to get my brother to cosplay with me before but he just didn't get into it. =,=;; At least, I have a sister who is going with me that will be cosplaying. =3=bb The other one can't seem to decide if she really wants to or not, but most likely she won't end up cosplay because she just hates 'dressing up'. -,0; The one that will be cosplaying along with me will be going as Xion from Kingdom Hearts and Road from D.Gray Man. =)

I think if you went as Honey, it'll definitely be cute. =3=bb But yes, there is that blond wig you definitely will have to get. =,=; If all else fails, I say Haruhi is fine. =3 I think you'll make a great Haruhi!!! So let's hope your BF will want to cosplay as Mori. 8'3 I don't see enough cosplayers as him ever. Maybe because Mori is so tall? 0,o

Ahaha. I am tempted to cosplay peeps from Hetalia too but certainly there is too much hetalia cosplayers nowadays that I think I'll just wait until the wave of hetalia cosplayers die down. =3=bb

Yes! We should totally met together at AD! =D I would be abosolutely honored! =) And besides, we still have a photoshoot, no? ;D LOL And yes, I do have a facebook. I'll send you a PM with my name... or maybe a link to my profile page. 8'D AHAHAHA.

Ahhh, props. They too are not my forte. D= I tend to avoid characters where I might have to do a prop. Because I know I'll end up doing one because the character will feel so empty without that prop. D; That's why I am so tempted to make the Keyblade for Xion because my little sister doesn't have one yet. >>;; But good luck to you and your prop making! =o Making cosplay is definitely hard work but well worth it and totally fun! =)

Ahhh, a boring life. Sometimes my life is boring too. Currently on my semester break from college. =,=;; And so I am seeking for a job just until fall semester comes rolling back. /sigh/ Definitely, this is when cosplaying comes in to take away that boring. 8'3

Kamikazeh1
03-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Asian EYES?!?!?!? AHHH!!!! nooo. LOL. I been told I have Asian eyes though. I'm like..no I don't want Asian eyes. LOL! Not that there's anything wrong with them, I just prefer...not Asian eyes? =.=
LoL believe me, I have enough things to sew right now. No need to add blazers to the list! I'll probably go look for cheap ones or something. Thrift stores! LoL. Ragstock. But we're still undecided. If I do find it, we can do it, I don't think I can pull off the Honey character, so I think I will do the Haruhi Fujioka character. I am too tall for the little blonde guy, and I'm also pretty curvy. I mean I have big hips, I can't do skinny characters well at all. :( Anyways he's still thinking about it. My b/f that is. I tried to make him do Zoro from One Piece, but he said he didn't like One Piece. Argh. LoL. Oh well. My youngest sister ALWAYS cosplays and come with me to Detour for the past 4 years. I love dressing up! It's always been my fave thing to do, dress up as different characters.
Wha? How tall is Mori?? ><' Hopefully not VERY tall! cuz my b/f is average height. >> 5'10", hope that is tall enough to cosplay Mori.
Yeah Hetalia is too popular right now. >< noooo. Oh and yeah photoshoot, if you want to. You can always change your mind! ^^
Props can be ugly, I mean hard work! Believe me, I've been working on some. Ugh. Something always goes wrong or gets messed up somehow. I try to avoid characters that have difficult props but...gah, I admit props can be fun and they DO make up the character! Thanks, I'm gona need the good luck. ><
I need to get back to school. Sigh. I have like 4 semesters under my belt, but...just got busy with life. :(
:sulk:

Akahime
03-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Your BF I believe is tall enough. =3 It's not about size of a cosplayer, it's about if you are able to pull the character off and make him or her convincing enough. =D Well, I hope your BF cosplays! If not, if we ever hang, he can go to the back with my non-cosplaying sister if you want. 8'D Ahaha. Just kidding. >>;; *hides from your bf* Yes, go to the thirftstores for the blazers! =D Yes, Ragstock or even Savers. =3=bb But I love Ragstock. 8'D Ahaha. The only two closest to me is in Rosedale or at MOA. =m=;; You are as Haruhi will be good. =3 You'll look cute! And your sister is cosplaying along with you? Awesome! Same series as you are then? Or something else completely different?

And yes, we should still do the photoshoot. =3 We should try to find a time to do it. 8'3 I would love to get your pictures in your cosplay. 8'D Hetalia is very too popular. >>;; I love it as well. Ahaha.

Props are difinitely good for the character and you always feel so much better once you make it. 8'D AHAHA. Sometimes I'm afraid that some people won't recgonize the costume if I don't make the prop. /sigh/ I need to stop being completely paranoid. >>;

You should get back to school some time. It's never too late. :) If life is bothering you now, I think it's better not to be in school just yet because other things in life can easily distract you away from school. And it's not worth paying college if you're going to be doing totally well because of life.... wait did that even make sense? 8'D

Ahaha. Asian eyes can get in the way when taking pictures. 8'D AHAHAHA.

Kamikazeh1
03-09-2011, 04:12 PM
^_^ That is true what you said about not about size of person to play the part, it's if they can "pull'' the character off or not. ^^ True. I ALWAYS try to pick characters that fit me. I have not always done so, LOL but I try to. You can't be the character even if u like them. There's alot of male characters that I like that I cannot crossplay. T_T sadly. LOL. My body is unmistakingly female. Blah. I will try to find those blazers, it all matters on if I can find them or not. Can't cosplay if I can't find something ya know? Which city do you live in? The closest mall to me is Ridgedale. My sister wants to cosplay as a Assassin's Creed character. Not the main characters.
The only main thing I need to attend at the Detour is the Asian ball jointed doll meet, I have like a few dolls to show off. Plus two dolls I need to try and sell. x.x So besides that, we can plan the photoshoot. :) Do you go to any panels? I tried a few times, they always are full of crazy sugar high um, people that disturb me. O_O
Sometimes people are dumb, and really won't recognize the character w/o the prop. I think the prop is very important to the character. The prop for my character in the anime, talks. -_-
Yeah I'll probably go back to school in the fall.

"And it's not worth paying college if you're going to be doing totally well because of life.... wait did that even make sense? 8'D"*

Yeah can you rephrase that?! XD

ASIAN EYES.. ><' X3
Oh did you see, they have the programming schedule up now at Detour website. :)

Akahime
03-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Yes, choosing characters matching your own personality is good. I choose characters very smiliar to my own personality. =) I take better and more convincing pictures if I do. 8'3 I know what you mean about crossplaying. 8'D I want to try though even if I have womanly freatures. Bwahahahah. At least once. :) Good luck with the search for the blazers now! =D I live in Saint Paul. =) So obviously, I have many places I can go to if I needed it. :/ That's why I feel bad when people say they don't have much resources. 3; Not too sure why. Maybe it's more sad than feeling bad. 3= Ahh. Assassin Creed. I probably played only a couples of minutes of that thing and stopped. Dx I'm not really good at those kinds of games and their controls. I'll die. D;

Wow, a doll meet. That sounds awesome. =) I love going to panels, but you're right about how some people in there are quite rude and sugar high. It's hard to enjoy myself. But I actually mainly go to AD just because I want to take pictures as many cosplayers as I can. 8D I want to be able to capture who and what has been there. :) I think it's a bit more fun for me than to be at panels. Sad to say. 8'D

But it's true. Some people don't recongize characters without the prop... but then again, on rare occassions, people won't even recongize both and still call you another character's name. >>;; But yes, I don't go to much panels, or at all, so we can do the photoshoot whenever you want and whenever you are free. =3=bb I don't care as much. Ahahaha.

Good. It's always better to go back to school as soon as you can. =) What I meant was that it's worth going to college and paying for it when you're not doing well in it at all. I took a semester break because I was being distracted by other things and had Cs and lower grades. Dx So I had to take a break before I did anymore damage to myself. :/

I actually scanned over the programming schedule. :) I'll probably look at it even more closely tonight or tomorrow. =3=b See anything interesting?

halovirus
03-11-2011, 12:25 PM
"distracted by other things and had Cs and lower grades"

THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME. this semester.

Reivax
03-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I need a cosplay idea (I've been procrastinating) I'm male, 6', and of a larger build. I know that I have options i just can't think of them :(

Akahime
03-11-2011, 06:56 PM
@Halovirus: D= That sucks! I hate it when some things in real life (and non-real life situations) affect our grades. Hang in there!

@Reivax: Maybe Armstrong from FMA? 8'D Sorry. I'm sorta out of ideas myself. I've been trying to find myself another cosplay myself. Dx can't do my Rin anymore since I totally outgrow that. xP

Kamikazeh1
03-13-2011, 07:14 PM
I try to match characters for me but...it's hard. Their personalities are weird sometimes...I do support you on trying the crossplay at least once in your life! I have shorter hair so it's more easy to do, but there are alot of male long haired characters. Hmm.
St Paul! So far! :( Well I think so anyways. I live in Plymouth, next to Maple Grove. ^^There are alot of resources everywhere, just have to look for them. Keep your eyes open all the time for cosplay stuff. LOL! That's what I do.
I;m not a good video game player either. LoL. Sadly. And I don't even have time anyways.

hehe, take as many photos as you can. Me too. I like to see what people come up with. I hate panels too anyways, the few I went to , it's a bad experience. O_O

I hope I can get back to college soon...

Sorry if it's taking me so long to reply. I'm trying to devote all my free time into my costumes! :( I gotta write down stuff that I want to see from the programming schedule, I gotta do that soon. I looked at it, but...didn't see anything interesting, so I have to look at it again I spose...

Akahime
03-14-2011, 10:56 AM
LOL We'll see about the crossdressing part. =) I want to, but at the same time, I can see it failing. D< And yes, it is very hard to match personalities of characters to real life people. 0,o SOme people are just not that extreme. >>;;

Ahahah. Yes. It is very far from Plymouth. 8'D Well, not VERY far, but far enough. D= Certainly, there are a lot of resources almost everywhere. I always keep my eyes out for cosplay stuff. 8'D Ahahaha. Sometimes in stores, I'm like, I really want those over knee socks for this one cosplay but I don't have the money now!!! D< Sucks. >.o;;

Yes! I will! But omg! I dreamt that I was commuting and my only ride consisted of my parents and they made me miss completely Saturday and some of Sunday!!! D< What a horrible dream! I think this is a side that I should probably not cancel my reversation at the Sheraton hotel. 8'D (just reserved it since there was space) Just to be save! -v-b

No no! =) Don't worry! Work on those cosplays girl!!!! I rather you do that and go to work then to always be on here. 8'D I should probably write down things to go to as well. =/ There is actually a couple of panels and events that I probably would love to attend. But we'll see what happen. Taking pictures is my priority. 8'D AHAHAHA.

SpazzyKat
03-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Ahhh, I 'm so excited ~ Less than 2 weeks away!~ > w <
I hope I finish my costumes by then though. D:

I'm happy though, cause I recently got a Madam Red, So I shall be going as Grell again this year~
...even if i'm still a bit short for being Grell...

OatBob
03-23-2011, 03:04 AM
I'm excited for Detour. This will be my first time cosplaying as Kaito. I'm looking forward to meeting the other Vocaloid cosplayers at the photoshoot. I'm glad I've finished the costume itself, but I still need to turn my eyebrows blue as well as some other unmentionable deeds. I've got less than two weeks to figure it out.

first post!
first cosplay!
first Detour!
~ikkimas!

Akahime
03-27-2011, 12:19 PM
There'll be a lot of Vocaloid cosplayers at AD this year too I believe. =) Hope you have fun!

Can't wait, only a week lefttt! <3

Kamikazeh1
03-31-2011, 08:54 AM
And I am back again----I am surviving work,. stress, and everything else!!!! *scream*
Anyways tomorrow is Detour, I guess I am excited, I won't be excited until I get my stuff together and finish my costumes up. Ironically one of my costumes is going to make me hot and sweaty, and the other one is going to make me freeze my buns off. Weird. T__T
Akachan (LOL) hehe you know that means 'baby', don't you? XD Anyways I will see you at Detour, thank you for being so nice to me on this forums, not alot of people are very friendly. Not at Detour either, sadly. For me, I just have a evil unfriendly and intimidating face so no one wants to approach me anyways. *cry*
Oh well. I;m used to it.
HOpefully I'll check this board again tonight, but I'll be busy. Almost forgot I gotta go clean out my car!!!!
Good luck to everyone!^^

Akahime
03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Ahh, so much to do, so little time. I'm still debating if I should just do my gun holster for my P3P girl. >>;; Probably will do it.

Ahhh, screaming. Works just about every time. =3 Scream all that you want. I'm just getting nervous now because I am anxious to see people's costumes. =) Your costumes sounds fun. 8'D Hot and then cold. Ahahaha. I'll probably just wear one cosplay this year. And it'll just make me ... warmish. >>;; Sorta not. EH. WE'll see.

Akachan means baby. 0,o .... cute. ^///^b I love babies. They are the cutest things EVER. ahahaha. ... okay, not things. human beings. But you know what I mean. 8'3

Yep. I'll see you at Detour, rather it is Friday or not. 8'D I'll text you. And you're welcome. =) Being friendly is just my thing. >>;; But I think sometimes in large crowds I am very quiet and I think I intimidate people too because I don't attract people like crazy. Which is a good thing for me. 8'D Ahahaha. I can be rather shy at first and blush a lot. 8'3

Anyways, you better check the boards tonight. 8'3 Or at least, PM me. Ahahaha.