PDA

View Full Version : Magnoli Clothiers

Pirogoeth05
01-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Has anyone heard of them before? I ran across them today while trying to do some research into Ten's Tux. They have all three suits! They also have the pinstripe fabrics in case you want to make your own. I don't want to go and spend $500 on a suit only to have it crap out on me. The fabric is $30/yd. Is that a lot? Cause if I can be sure I can find the right pattern I'm very willing to make my own. I have wanted to make the blue suit but settled for the tux since it's easier to do. They also have quite a few of Ten's ties. It looks like a site that any DW cosplayer would love!

Oh, and the site is http://www.magnoliclothiers.com

Lucifer
01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Most Doctor Who cosplayers are aware of their site. I know many who have the suits and they are quite good.

Keep in mind, if you're intending to make the suit, there is no pattern that is eactly like Ten's suit (this is because it was custom drafted by the designer due to the material she was using, as the jacket to the suit was made out of pairs of pants). You'll have to do drafting/modifying to make it exact.

Pirogoeth05
01-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Thank you! I've never heard of the site before, somehow. I'm probably just going to save up the money to buy the suit and eventually buy the coat. Now I just have to figure out how to do that. :)

ten_again
02-16-2011, 06:19 AM
Hi there.

I have been working with Magnoli for a lot of my costumes for a while now. I actually came across them as I was browsing an Indiana Jones message board. I have had him make me several indiana Jones suits, as well as some James Bond stuff.

I have recently had him make me a ten suit. I chose a wool version myself as I intend to be wearing it a lot. The quality of the material is great and the fit is just perfect.

The big trick there is to get your mesurements right, because that is what they will be working from.

It is indeed perhaps a lot of money, but that again depends on what you compare it to. After all what you are getting is a suit tailor made to your requirements. Now I don't personally know any other tailors that will do that for this low a price.

Also, Anthony is actually a really nice guy. That helps as well.

If you have any questions that I might be able to answer for you, feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Evert

raistlin_fanno1
02-16-2011, 12:08 PM
im tossing up the idea of having em make a me u boat style jacket for my 9

ten_again
02-26-2011, 02:57 AM
He's got quite some experience making leather Indiana Jones jackets, so you should be allright there. :)

SaskWhovian
02-26-2011, 10:27 AM
I heard Magnoli is good but $525 is a bit out of my price range.

Another board I am on suggested http://www.baronboutique.com/

They seem to have the Tennant suits in both wool ($329) and cotton ($269). They are in the movie replica section on page 3. They look like they are decent and I have been in contact with them and it seems like a good deal.

I haven't actually purchased the suit yet though so I can't say for sure.

ten_again
03-06-2011, 03:18 AM
I understand where you're coming from. It took me a while before shelling out that much, but because I wanted the suit for everyday wear anyway I just figured I'd go for it.

What I have also heard a lot of people have done, is to order the material from Magnoli, and then have Baron Boutique make the suit with that. I believe that in the end that works out cheaper somehow, but I can't say that from personal experience.