PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else insane???

Fabulousity
01-07-2011, 11:44 AM
I am!!! But not fully. As you know, I'm only a little bit crazy. But then, the best people in the world are mad *sips tea*

sam vimes
01-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Nope. Not even a little bit.

kuroki-neko
01-07-2011, 11:48 AM
i basicly am with sam vines and ic cyber bullying me. but yes i don't think im insane im normal its everyone else thats messed up in the head

toshirua3846384
01-07-2011, 11:48 AM
nope in not a fiber string away from a basket case, so i dunno

Fabulousity
01-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Well you're no fun. Where are my fellow residents of Wonderland????

Chipface
01-07-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm sane in an insane world.

DaemonForce
01-07-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm sane in an insane world.
Lol Canadia...

You like hero costumes while I try villain/anti-hero roles. Insanity we is. O_o

illusion838
01-07-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm quite insane or is that quirky? *sips tea* Good show on the tea Fab *tips top hat*

Fabulousity
01-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Yay!!! Welcome to the tea party *pours Chipface and DaemonForce tea* Oh! illusion, when did you sneak in??? *gives illusion refill of tea* Care for a crumpet?

illusion838
01-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Crumpets? Splendid my dear, oh how grand tis is to be in the elephant's shoe.

sam vimes
01-07-2011, 12:18 PM
i basicly am with sam vines and ic cyber bullying me. but yes i don't think im insane im normal its everyone else thats messed up in the head

It's gentle prodding on my part, my fine young sir. Calm down and have a cup of tea.

As for the whole idolization of insanity, I think it is silly. Anyone who's ever been institutionalized or has ever had to deal with a mentally ill friend/family member will tell you the same. It's not all wearing different colored socks and singing nursery rhymes in public.

MythrilDragon
01-07-2011, 12:25 PM
As for the whole idolization of insanity, I think it is silly. Anyone who's ever been institutionalized or has ever had to deal with a mentally ill friend/family member will tell you the same. It's not all wearing different colored socks and singing nursery rhymes in public.

True. I suppose the better word would be something along the lines of quirky, even a little bizarre?

Fabulousity
01-07-2011, 12:37 PM
@kuroki-neko Woah, this has nothing to do with you! I'm merely trying to invite people to my Wonderland tea party.

And you guys know what I mean by "insane". That's just what people say. I didn't make up the term :(

doxiequeen1
01-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't think i'm insane...I'm just really, really, weird.

Shifty Llama
01-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Im what they call a mild mannered excentric, sooo yea i am insane >_>

Fabulousity
01-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Tea all around!

nannyogg
01-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I am out of sane.

Kildread
01-07-2011, 01:38 PM
I haven't been diagnosed.

(yet)

glitter bomb
01-07-2011, 01:50 PM

yeah, I hate to pee on the parade, but I have to agree with this. Like, all of it.

I'm thinking that anyone who glamorizes or minimizes the word "insane" in this particular manner hasn't had the unfortunate experience of dealing with people who are actually clinically insane... or frighteningly violent insane... or malicious and sociopathic insane... or suffering from dangerous, suicidal depression due to genetic chemical imbalance... or merely struggling with things like bi-polar disorder or ADHD. So yeah, it's not all cuteness and excitement. ;)

I'm guessing the thread was meant in a "freaky, quirky, eccentric people unite!" and that's fun. but insane... not so much. language is powerful, folks. choose your words.

me, I'm not insane. I'm artsy, quirky, eccentric, atypical, non-traditional, but also totally normal. ;)

Kildread
01-07-2011, 02:10 PM
yeah, I hate to pee on the parade, but I have to agree with this. Like, all of it.

I'm thinking that anyone who glamorizes or minimizes the word "insane" in this particular manner hasn't had the unfortunate experience of dealing with people who are actually clinically insane... or frighteningly violent insane... or malicious and sociopathic insane... or suffering from dangerous, suicidal depression due to genetic chemical imbalance... or merely struggling with things like bi-polar disorder or ADHD. So yeah, it's not all cuteness and excitement. ;)

I'm guessing the thread was meant in a "freaky, quirky, eccentric people unite!" and that's fun. but insane... not so much. language is powerful, folks. choose your words.

me, I'm not insane. I'm artsy, quirky, eccentric, atypical, non-traditional, but also totally normal. ;)

I don't mean anything untowards by it, and I agree with the views --- but I really can't help noticing your avatar seems to have 'Lady Insane' tagged on the chest ;)

glitter bomb
01-07-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't mean anything untowards by it, and I agree with the views --- but I really can't help noticing your avatar seems to have 'Lady Insane' tagged on the chest ;)

LOL. you're right, that does look funny. :) to clarify, I don't have a problem with saying something like "wow, that test was insane" or similar offhand remarks. and I can give people leeway for creating entertainment persona (like the wrestler in the avatar, or Steve Martin's "I'm a wild and crazy guy" where it's being used as a hyperbolic adjective and the person isn't making a parody of mental illness).

I do have an issue when people try to make mental illness glamorous or cute, or minimize how truly terrifying it can be, by adopting the "oh, I'm actually insane, aren't I just so edgy/adorable" stance. When they think it adds to their street cred somehow, or makes them deep, or they're so desperate to be special in some way -- such as the number of teens and college students who like to proclaim they have ADHD just because they're energetic, or claim they're manic-depressive because they think it makes them sound more artistic.

It's like, um, I've actually met people who were clinically "insane," it's alternately terrifying and painful. Sometimes downright dangerous to be around them. I also have friends that suffer from real conditions like bi-polar, ADHD, suicidal depression. None of them think it makes them quirky and cute, or gives them emo cred, or is a benefit. None of them would chime in on a thread like this and go "oh, me too! aren't those sucky meds great? how about that weight gain? and the inability to maintain relationships? WOOOOO!" ;)

So while I don't think the OP meant anything derogatory, it's kinda weird to see people being like "wooo! I'm insane! yay mental illness!" I'd rather see another word used there that's both more accurate and more descriptive. :)

Buckshot Billie
01-07-2011, 03:38 PM
LOL. you're right, that does look funny. :) to clarify, I don't have a problem with saying something like "wow, that test was insane" or similar offhand remarks. and I can give people leeway for creating entertainment persona (like the wrestler in the avatar, or Steve Martin's "I'm a wild and crazy guy" where it's being used as a hyperbolic adjective and the person isn't making a parody of mental illness).

I do have an issue when people try to make mental illness glamorous or cute, or minimize how truly terrifying it can be, by adopting the "oh, I'm actually insane, aren't I just so edgy/adorable" stance. When they think it adds to their street cred somehow, or makes them deep, or they're so desperate to be special in some way -- such as the number of teens and college students who like to proclaim they have ADHD just because they're energetic, or claim they're manic-depressive because they think it makes them sound more artistic.

It's like, um, I've actually met people who were clinically "insane," it's alternately terrifying and painful. Sometimes downright dangerous to be around them. I also have friends that suffer from real conditions like bi-polar, ADHD, suicidal depression. None of them think it makes them quirky and cute, or gives them emo cred, or is a benefit. None of them would chime in on a thread like this and go "oh, me too! aren't those sucky meds great? how about that weight gain? and the inability to maintain relationships? WOOOOO!" ;)

So while I don't think the OP meant anything derogatory, it's kinda weird to see people being like "wooo! I'm insane! yay mental illness!" I'd rather see another word used there that's both more accurate and more descriptive. :)

Very well said, yo.

ToroSonyCat
01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
At first I thought you were serious when I saw the thread title.. I hate the "OMG I'M SO RANDOM LOLOLOL I MUST BE INSANEEEEEEE" thing, that's not insanity.
Or the ones who pretend to be insane to be 'cool' and 'different'.

Clyde_2.0
01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I am a robot, it is technically impossible for my being to be classified as "Insane".

mrmonkey
01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
:bouncer:i don't know if am insane my invisible friend said am not.

MermaidRizu
01-07-2011, 05:04 PM
I would definitely call myself quirky and a bit different, but I won't call myself insane as to avoid getting caught in a shitstorm. ^^; Can I still have some tea?

Shifty Llama
01-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Juts putting this out there That insane means both mentally ill but in technical definition it does also refer to absurd or foolish people. An yes I do agree that the glorification of mental insanity is not something we should be proud of, the scientific and medical world no longer uses the word insane which i think allows it to be used for those of us who see ourselves as quirky.

I am simply mentioning this as i dont wish to offend anyone or convey the idea that i glorify forms of insanity, i just wanted to explain my perspective on the word. I stand by my afore mention term of being a mild mannered excentric...

Also some tea would be delightfull

Lilyela
01-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Well, I'm not insane, but I'm definitely quirky, freaky and weird. I also tend to be really easy to bribe, and do most things as long as I'm paid (I jumped in the snow in my bikini on NYE for $27)

Kelley
01-07-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm so boring and normal that I feel I might be the strange one in a time when kids like to pretend they're "insane".

Edit : Also, remember that "insane" isn't actually a diagnosis. It's a legal term and nothing more.

I think kids these days like to play at being "insane" because it's an easy way to be "special" and "different" without having to actually do anything noteworthy or interesting. I don't judge too harshly, it's hard to feel worthwhile in a world with almost 7 billion people - why not try to give yourself an edge by aping a "special" condition that suddenly sets you statistically apart ?

Fabulousity
01-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Juts putting this out there That insane means both mentally ill but in technical definition it does also refer to absurd or foolish people. An yes I do agree that the glorification of mental insanity is not something we should be proud of, the scientific and medical world no longer uses the word insane which i think allows it to be used for those of us who see ourselves as quirky.

I am simply mentioning this as i dont wish to offend anyone or convey the idea that i glorify forms of insanity, i just wanted to explain my perspective on the word. I stand by my afore mention term of being a mild mannered excentric...

Also some tea would be delightfull

THANK YOU!!! Look, this was not meant to offend anybody or get anyone to think that I think being mentally ill is "cool" or "fun". People just use the word "insane" for people that are quirky or eccentric so that was all that I meant by it. I just saw Volnixshin say:

There needs to be a thread started by someone else, titled, "Anyone else insane?" I would post there. Constantly.

And I thought "there's a fun idea!" so I started this thread.

Volnixshin
01-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Hurrah this thread lives! I would have posted earlier but I just got back from walking 10 miles through a blizzard

Kildread
01-07-2011, 07:20 PM
It's easy to think people are offended online, I wouldn't worry too much --- this is the offtopic board, and sharing different opinions is frequent.

Don't mind if someone drops a serious topic in your non-serious thread :)

Hurrah this thread lives! I would have posted earlier but I just got back from walking 10 miles through a blizzard

Why the heck would you do that?

Fabulousity
01-07-2011, 07:33 PM
@Kildread Oh ok lol

Volnixshin
01-07-2011, 07:45 PM
It's easy to think people are offended online, I wouldn't worry too much --- this is the offtopic board, and sharing different opinions is frequent.

Don't mind if someone drops a serious topic in your non-serious thread :)

Why the heck would you do that?

Why my dear sir? Why? Because I have to be home to help my parents. My car couldn't make it any further, what with the general PLOWS REFUSING TO GO ON THE ROAD. So I dressed like Spider-Man Noir (only because it was in my car, and is possibly the warmest set of clothing I have ever owned.) And set out through the blizzard. It was enlightening, tiring, adventurous and treacherous. But I like to think it was worth it. I mean, aside from helping my dad and mom through a harsh storm when they live in the boonies. Though the many blisters I formed on my toes scream otherwise.

Cadmium Polyphony
01-07-2011, 07:58 PM
For the record, insanity is not a clinical diagnosis, but a legal term.

Kildread
01-07-2011, 08:22 PM
For the record, insanity is not a clinical diagnosis, but a legal term.

Sometimes I should look that stuff up before saying something.

Why my dear sir? Why? Because I have to be home to help my parents. My car couldn't make it any further, what with the general PLOWS REFUSING TO GO ON THE ROAD. So I dressed like Spider-Man Noir (only because it was in my car, and is possibly the warmest set of clothing I have ever owned.) And set out through the blizzard. It was enlightening, tiring, adventurous and treacherous. But I like to think it was worth it. I mean, aside from helping my dad and mom through a harsh storm when they live in the boonies. Though the many blisters I formed on my toes scream otherwise.

Pretty cool of you to do that considering the circumstances.

Volnixshin
01-07-2011, 08:23 PM
On a more serious note, I myself have been in a psych ward before. Not a pleasant experience, but I have gotten over it and moved on. I will not be offended or snotty if someone calls me insane however.

nannyogg
01-07-2011, 08:33 PM

Brrrr!! I am glad you made it there safely!!
I'm trying not to think about the fact that I have to make the same drive tomorrow that I was making when I totaled my car last week. I hope it's been warm enough to get rid of the ice on the roads in between.

Yukikittie
01-07-2011, 08:34 PM
...Obviously not since....you know, I spend hundreds of dollars on items and wigs to cosplay as fictional characters.
But I don't mind not being sane, not one little bit! <3

ShinobiXikyu
01-07-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm crazy (being an Aspie certainly helps), so count me in. I'll take the weird shit in my own head for the dullness of everyday life any day.
(Of course, surviving in this world without being in an asylum requires me to muddle through the normal world while toning down the insanity/fantasy land in my head. Poo.)

Fabulousity
01-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Yay!!! Also, huzzah for Aspies!!!

onewingedjade
01-08-2011, 02:51 AM
Oops Im taking it back :x

Volnixshin
01-08-2011, 08:17 AM
But you don't have a gift receipt, you can't take it back

rubyspitfire
01-08-2011, 09:00 AM
100% certifiable. i scare shrinks

*cheers for evil spiderman in blizzard*

xSYN
01-08-2011, 09:03 AM
oh, i'm completely sane.

it's just everyone else who isn't.
8D

SweetOcarina
01-08-2011, 09:06 AM
I have many friends who fit this bill. I collect them. Like trophies.

My life is never boring because of the insane people I fill it with.

Hm. I wonder what that says about me.

Volnixshin
01-08-2011, 09:12 AM
You know, I just realized why I'm jittery more so than last year. I work at Dunkin Donuts, and I get a free large coffee of my choosing every hour...

LIFE IS GOOD

xSYN
01-08-2011, 09:16 AM
I work at Dunkin Donuts, and I get a free large coffee of my choosing every hour...
D:!
i hate you.
so jealous!

Volnixshin
01-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Don't hate me, I keep the country running.

Kildread
01-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Don't hate me, I keep the country running.

Wait, so if we want the US to go down a few notches, we incapacitate you?

Volnixshin
01-08-2011, 09:21 AM
You can try.

Kildread
01-08-2011, 09:23 AM
You can try.

In consideration of.

Volnixshin
01-08-2011, 09:28 AM
I have more boiling cups of hot liquid than you have fists however

On a note related though. A few months ago a guy was getting really pissed because his latte wasn't made right by our new co worker, and after repeated attempts to fix it, he threatened to come over the counter and "smack her something good."

And that first line is what I followed with

Possibly the most b a thing I have ever said ever at work.

Manager kicked him out.

Kildread
01-08-2011, 09:30 AM

That reply is both amusing and appropriate.

(I remember saying you were interesting when I added you on FB.

Let me add 'awesome' to that list :D)

Volnixshin
01-08-2011, 09:33 AM
haha thank you

illusion838
01-08-2011, 09:54 AM
I wish Australia had a dunkin donuts... I've never been to one :(

I feel like I've missed out in life.

Also.

CHANGE PLACES~!

*Runs around the table holding his top hat*

xSYN
01-08-2011, 09:56 AM
I wish Australia had a dunkin donuts... I've never been to one :(

you mean you don't?! oAo!!! i could have sworn i've seen an outlet in brisbane... might've just been my fail memory though, since we have them back here in malaysia.

Volnixshin
01-08-2011, 10:08 AM
You can have some of Bostons. Seriously, its A FACT Boston has more Dunkin Donuts and doughnut shops in one than any other

illusion838
01-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Really? I've never seen one, I've seen heaps of Krispy Kreame shops but <3 them...

Shifty Llama
01-08-2011, 10:19 AM
NOO Come to canada we are abundadnt in glorious doughnut establishments!!!

Volnixshin
01-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I have heard stories of people in Germany traveling a hundred miles for Dunkin Donuts. Shocking I find, but from the abundance of them, I suppose it can only be true

illusion838
01-08-2011, 10:35 AM
I was just looking at flights or Toronto, they must have a Dunkin Donuts there! lol

LilMaibe
01-08-2011, 10:46 AM
I almost travelled several hundred km for a comic (found an online store, happily) But I make up for the missed crazy by trying to write a book (though atm my mind is stuffed with writing a fanfiction....it#s clingin to my braaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiin)

Shifty Llama
01-08-2011, 11:06 AM
I was just looking at flights or Toronto, they must have a Dunkin Donuts there! lol

Nope we dont have Dunking donuts in canada its an american chain We have tim hortons though which is super awesome!!! we also mave many many other chains! so fear not if you come to Toronto you will have doughnuts...actually there are several tim hortons in the airport alone!

Fabulousity
01-08-2011, 11:18 AM

You are officially my hero!!!! That is now my favorite quote EVER!!!! I hereby make you King of the Tea Party!!!

Also, I haven't been to a Dunkin Doughnuts in AGES!!! It seems like we only have Krispy Kremes here :(

Volnixshin
01-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Nope we dont have Dunking donuts in canada its an american chain

So why are there Dunkin Donuts in several European countries, Asian countries, and the like?

There a few in Quebec and Montreal

Shifty Llama
01-08-2011, 11:39 AM
So why are there Dunkin Donuts in several European countries, Asian countries, and the like?

There a few in Quebec and Montreal

Because Those countreis dont have their own doughnut franchises like we do in canada (also Quebec is its own place really so they do their thing) I have been to a dunkin donuts and its quite a good place i am simply stating that one will not be found in toronto but there are many options available is all...

also Montreal is in Quebec...

mrmonkey
01-08-2011, 12:02 PM
tim hortons is pretty good

Kildread
01-08-2011, 12:12 PM
also Montreal is in Quebec...

He probably meant the cities, as the province of Québec has a city by the same name XD

And just a heads-up --- a lot of the dunkin donuts stores have closed doors in Québec, they are getting rarer, and rarer, Tim Hortons and Krispy Kremes taking their place.

At least 5 of them I knew of no longer exist.

Shifty Llama
01-08-2011, 12:28 PM
He probably meant the cities, as the province of Québec has a city by the same name XD

I know dat usually people tend to call it Quebec city versus Quebec its like saying New your city versus new york state peps gotta specify!
also wow we got of topic or does this just add to the delighfull craziness? I have ADHD so staying on topic is challenging >_>....LETS GO RIDE BIKES!

hollowchrist
01-08-2011, 02:24 PM
:< people here really seem to jump down other's throats at the tiniest thing. it makes me scared to post anything on these boards for fear of someone pointing out some inconsistency or my use of a word in jest. i don't understand why people online can't just take the old saying 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything' to heart.

on topic, i'm only insane when i haven't had enough sleep and am running off adrenaline. then it's 'ehehehehehehehehe nothing rhymes hehehehe with oranges!! eheheheeee!'

sam vimes
01-08-2011, 02:40 PM
:< people here really seem to jump down other's throats at the tiniest thing. it makes me scared to post anything on these boards for fear of someone pointing out some inconsistency or my use of a word in jest. i don't understand why people online can't just take the old saying 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything' to heart.

on topic, i'm only insane when i haven't had enough sleep and am running off adrenaline. then it's 'ehehehehehehehehe nothing rhymes hehehehe with oranges!! eheheheeee!'

You should really use capital letters at the beginning of sentences, you know.

I just had to.

shadowbeam
01-08-2011, 03:30 PM

Noticed this too >< It can be pretty scary!

rubyspitfire
01-08-2011, 03:46 PM
LETS GO RIDE BIKES!

lol that just adds to the insanity

hollowchrist
01-08-2011, 07:32 PM
You should really use capital letters at the beginning of sentences, you know.

I just had to.

He's just doing this to spite me.

e.e

ShinobiXikyu
01-08-2011, 09:37 PM
NOO Come to canada we are abundadnt in glorious doughnut establishments!!!

Yay, Tim Hortons! And everyone's now realizing how awesome we are, so the franchise is spreading quickly to those other poor deprived non-Canadians. :D Hell, I live off the stuff when it comes to breakfast.

Fabulousity
01-09-2011, 04:13 AM
Now I really, really, REALLY want a doughnut!!!!! Too bad there's only like one Krispy Kremes here. Or is there? *opens tab to krispykremes.com*

CosplayCinema
01-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Now I really, really, REALLY want a doughnut!!!!! Too bad there's only like one Krispy Kremes here. Or is there? *opens tab to krispykremes.com*

NYAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I HAS CUPCAKES!!!!! THAT ARE COMBINED TO LOOK LIKE MISS PACMAN!!! AHAHAHA

-bored-

Fabulousity
01-09-2011, 04:20 AM
*thinks* Maybe I'll make some cupcakes today.....

CosplayCinema
01-09-2011, 04:29 AM
go for it >X}

rubyspitfire
01-09-2011, 07:37 AM
i had denny's for breakfast yesterday. it was good. i want it again today ><

UC77
01-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I live off the Gurren Lagann Code of Ethics, so I'm not sure if that makes me insane or manly.

BsWN
01-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I... Am Insane...

And Tim Horton's pwns. That's why I will never be able to move away from Canada. I LIVE off of Tim Horton's. ^^

Volnixshin
01-09-2011, 10:18 PM
There are Tim Horton's in the US as well

Fabulousity
01-09-2011, 11:04 PM
There's a snow day tomorrow. IN MISSISSIPPI!!! Either I'm COMPLETELY bonkers now, or it's the end of the world! YES!!! City on fire!!! Hunchbacks dancing! Stirrings in the ground, and the whirring of giant wings! Watch out! Look! Blotting out the moonlight, think black rain falling on the city on fire! City on fire! CITY ON FIRE!!!!

/Sweeney Todd moment

nannyogg
01-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Send some snow this way!!! We were supposed to get an inch or so today, with up to 3" by morning, but so far it's barely a dusting.

Fabulousity
01-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Well, so far it's only ice, but we're supposed to get some snow too. I love snow <3

Mikachu_29
01-09-2011, 11:28 PM
oh, i'm completely sane.

it's just everyone else who isn't.
8D

haha :D
we must have the right amount of insanity to be sane.

mrmonkey
01-13-2011, 09:22 PM
haha :D
we must have the right amount of insanity to be sane.

but whats the right amount?:schitzo:

Volnixshin
01-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Two cups and a teaspoon

Fabulousity
01-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Exactly!

Origin
01-16-2011, 04:18 AM
I'm late for tea!!! *hurls teacup at poor random viewer of thread* I'm not insane... oh look... spoon >=D.

I consider myself to be a fruitloop in a world of cheerios.

SakuraxTsubasa
01-17-2011, 08:31 PM
OH OH OH OH OH OH OH OH! PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!!!!
:D Hi. I be insane as well. I do agree with that person above me who is a fruit loop in a world of cheerios. Cheerio!

Mental_Army
01-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Well i do routine mediocre tasks. I can haz InSaNe?

mrmonkey
01-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Two cups and a teaspoon

lol :rofl:

nyditch
01-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Though I try not to get myself caught up in the wanderings of off-topic forums, this one caught my interest. It seems almost a kind of survey; one telling whom or how many cosplayers will admit insanity.

The problem comes in the fact that insanity, when openly admitted, can be simply the desire to be such, or perhaps halfway there and realizing it; whereas the truly insane will claim sanity.

Does this make you re-think your answers? I hope not. ^_^

As for my sanity, it depends on what I brainwash myself to believe. At the moment I would claim sanity, but as I've pointed out, this could mean quite the opposite. The only way to have a good idea of the true answer is by action and multiple outside observers.

By the way, I would LOVE a cup of tea. Plenty of sugar please; I have twenty-eight sweet teeth. ^_^

Origin
01-18-2011, 01:57 AM
*drops eleven and three-quarter sugar cubes into Nyditch's tea and hands it over*

I think self brainwashing is VERY effective. In fact, insanity and sanity is like beauty, in the beholders eyes. To the insane, they are sane, to the sane, they are insane. So therefore if insane is sane, then sane is insane, making insanity the root of sanity while sanity branches from insanity.

xMookie
01-18-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm an insane individual and I LIKES IT >:D

A.F.S. 1984
01-18-2011, 09:07 PM
I notice that there are alot of references to the mad hatter's tea party in this thread. Did you know that the mad hatter is based off of history in that gentleman of the early 1800s used liquid mercury to give their top hats a shine. It would quickly turn to dust which the unfortunate soul would inhale causing brain damage, and mad hatter-esque type of behavior.

Fabulousity
01-18-2011, 09:12 PM
So therefore if insane is sane, then sane is insane, making insanity the root of sanity while sanity branches from insanity.

O.O I have reached a new level of enlightenment.

ShinobiXikyu
01-18-2011, 09:34 PM
I notice that there are alot of references to the mad hatter's tea party in this thread. Did you know that the mad hatter is based off of history in that gentleman of the early 1800s used liquid mercury to give their top hats a shine. It would quickly turn to dust which the unfortunate soul would inhale causing brain damage, and mad hatter-esque type of behavior.

Fraid you're not entirely right, despite your claims that reading an internet email make you a genius. The phrase "mad as a hatter" also has roots in even OLDER phrases like mad a march hare, made as a maybuck, mad as a wet hen, etc. Hatter pretty much just worked its way in. Also, Alice in Wonderland wasn't the creation of the "mad hatter" phrase.
It's complex, so here's a better debunking. http://www.snopes.com/language/phrases/hatter.asp

A.F.S. 1984
01-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Fraid you're not entirely right, despite your claims that reading an internet email make you a genius. The phrase "mad as a hatter" also has roots in even OLDER phrases like mad a march hare, made as a maybuck, mad as a wet hen, etc. Hatter pretty much just worked its way in. Also, Alice in Wonderland wasn't the creation of the "mad hatter" phrase.
It's complex, so here's a better debunking. http://www.snopes.com/language/phrases/hatter.asp

My information did not come from an internet email. Nor did I claim to be a Genius.

ShinobiXikyu
01-18-2011, 09:42 PM
My information did not come from an internet email. Nor did I claim to be a Genius.

The claim comes from there, and anyone who does some actual research would know it's not a fact. Also, randomly dropping in some false internet trivia was largely unneccesary.

A.F.S. 1984
01-18-2011, 09:49 PM
The claim comes from there, and anyone who does some actual research would know it's not a fact. Also, randomly dropping in some false internet trivia was largely unneccesary.

I am sorry if you were offended but isnt this the random forum. Also, the claim comes from where? Snopes.com? No I dont think so.

ShinobiXikyu
01-18-2011, 09:55 PM
wowww, READ the page. The claim is DEBUNKED from Snopes.com.

A.F.S. 1984
01-18-2011, 09:59 PM
wowww, READ the page. The claim is DEBUNKED from Snopes.com.

Since Snopes is the foremost website in historical information and the article in question was not published in a peer reviewed journal. You go right ahead and get your information from Snopes. Me... I prefer more credible sources.

DaemonForce
01-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Wow you two. Just shut up and get a room. :/

Anyone want more tea cookies? I haz ginger! :D

nannyogg
01-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Wow you two. Just shut up and get a room. :/

Anyone want more tea cookies? I haz ginger! :D

You stole that ginger. I want sugar cookies.

A.F.S. 1984
01-18-2011, 10:11 PM
I dont know... If you try to go after something I heard from my college chem teacher by googling it... I just dont know.

Origin
01-18-2011, 11:46 PM
You stole that ginger. I want sugar cookies.

Hand some sugar cookies over and no teacups will be harmed.

nyditch
01-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Ms. Origin, your reasoning is astoundingly enthralling. Your point is peerlessly prepared, serving a sense of scholarly stupefaction.

And thank you for the sugar. A quarter cube more could have been a crime against both reason and lack thereof. I'm not sure why, I didn't write the rules (though I'm not sure anybody did).

Origin
01-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Mr. Nyditch I thank you for your sincere expression of your gratitude towards my logic. I do indeed take a philisophical approach to the winding road called life, and having fellow homo sapiens give approval towards me moves my very soul.

As to the rules? I believe the rules were written through the very DNA of our sanity (or insanity) and is ingrained in who we are.