PDA

View Full Version : messed up in school already....

CosplayCinema
01-07-2011, 01:49 PM
:/ i have slept in twice this week and missed the same classes twice.... >.< AH!

BlackRose72311
01-07-2011, 01:59 PM
I hate it when that happens especially if the class I missed is one that's hard to catch up in >.< heck that's why I have a D in math, i missed all the new stuff we learned and bombed the test

SweetOcarina
01-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Buy a louder alarm clock.

HareyuNanami
01-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Hun I know how that is. I slept in 2 days in a row and slept in again today through the whole day!
I have exactly 15 alarms that go off in the morning, but I still cant hear them. Its crazy!~
I have some sort of insomnia and because of that I sleep in alot and I miss a lot of school because of it. Its terrible T_T cues than I get in trouble by my teachers and my friends think I am turning into a "drop out" and my mom blames herself and says I have to work harder . arg its stupid! XD why do I loves sleep so much!~ XD

FunnyValentine
01-07-2011, 04:24 PM

hahah agreed.

StrawberrySiren
01-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Dude I was failing French last semester because of this. I studied the hell out of my book before the final and got a 96% on it. Overall grade was a C. And seeing how I only managed to take like half the quizzes and tests, I'm pretty okay with this grade.

Seriously, I got this (http://www.target.com/Hello-Kitty-Alarm-Clock/dp/B002W0M2R0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid3&keywords=hello%20kitty%20clock&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-3&qid=1294455586&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Hello%20Kitty%20Alarm%20Clock&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=90&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin,price,target_com_prim ary_color-bin,target_com_size-bin,target_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0)alarm and it scares me awake every morning. So loud. My roommate uses it to get up for her 8:00 classes.

CosplayCinema
01-07-2011, 10:10 PM
<w< i shall get that alarm for my nieces birthday to use for me XD it's not the fact that i can't wake up to an alarm its the fact that even though i want to wake up my body wont allow me to and forces me back to sleep no matter how hard i resist v.v

kiratsukai
01-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Go to bed earlier, get up earlier and enjoy a cup of coffee before you head out the door.

Kyomi
01-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Seriously, I got this (http://www.target.com/Hello-Kitty-Alarm-Clock/dp/B002W0M2R0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid3&keywords=hello%20kitty%20clock&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-3&qid=1294455586&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Hello%20Kitty%20Alarm%20Clock&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=90&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin,price,target_com_prim ary_color-bin,target_com_size-bin,target_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0)alarm and it scares me awake every morning. So loud. My roommate uses it to get up for her 8:00 classes.

I've come to the conclusion that EVERY Hello Kitty alarm clock scares you awake.

When I used to use mine (I had 2 of them) in elementary and middle school, just the clicking sound that comes before the "It's a small world" music (terrifying at 8 in the morning) that would play afterwards was often enough to scare me wide awake.

The Hag
01-07-2011, 10:27 PM

http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/moms/91f2/

CosplayCinema
01-07-2011, 11:07 PM
To be honest....i want that clock now......(but not for that price) XD

SakuraxTsubasa
01-07-2011, 11:09 PM
I had a Hello Kitty alarm clock when I was little! XD It didn't scare me though.....
Yeah, the only thing I can say is to go to bed earlier or maybe you could make a friend in the same class come in and like shake you awake. That's what I plan on doing. xD

StrawberrySiren
01-07-2011, 11:11 PM
I've come to the conclusion that EVERY Hello Kitty alarm clock scares you awake.

When I used to use mine (I had 2 of them) in elementary and middle school, just the clicking sound that comes before the "It's a small world" music (terrifying at 8 in the morning) that would play afterwards was often enough to scare me wide awake.

Oh the one I have just has a terrifyingly loud, continuous ringing. I think one that sings would make me crap my pants.

nannyogg
01-07-2011, 11:21 PM
http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/moms/91f2/

I so need that alarm clock for my sons!!!

ShinobiXikyu
01-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Lol, the alarm clock I had when I was a kid, I tore apart in the middle of the night because it was keeping me awake. One of those cheapo nondigital ones that ticked and tocked all night. XD
Now, my clock radio (which needs replacing) works pretty well. I'm a featherlight sleeper, but as a result every other little noise wakes me up too early (someone in the bathroom, my door getting opened or shut, someone coming in my room, the phone, the OTHER alarm clocks, the TV, parkign lot noise, annoying neighbours, the kitchen sink, people talking...yah. If it's not DEAD quiet, I get woken up...), and when my alarm goes off, I don't feel rested because I can't stay asleep/got startled awake by the clock. As a result, getting up before 10 is VERY difficult for me. Before 7, impossible. (I also usually work evening shifts, so getting up early would leave me ready for bed by work)

shortsheik
01-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Scary/loud/obnoxious alarms put me in a bad mood from the moment I awake, and then I'm grumpy and cranky for hours. Back in the States, I used a radio alarm instead. Here, I use music on my cell phone.

However, I find I have to change it up on a regular basis or else I become too used to it and sleep through it. Linking it to the vibrate function helps too however.

ShinobiXikyu
01-07-2011, 11:48 PM
^Same here, with the mood thing. I can't stand the screechy, loud alarms that startle you awake. I use the radio function so I can wake up over a few minutes. And relax in bed while I catch the news.:P

Kildread
01-08-2011, 12:34 AM
I have the most boring, old alarm clock ever.

It's just on the opposite side of the bedroom and I need to get up and walk about five meters to shut it down.

Just a trick for those not wanting to buy anything fancy :P

kuroki-neko
01-08-2011, 12:39 AM

or one that sounds like picilo from dragon ball z

SakuraxTsubasa
01-08-2011, 06:51 PM
So um...on the subject of waking yourself up....
Would anyone happen to have any advice on how to keep yourself awake during math class?

MermaidRizu
01-08-2011, 07:46 PM
(I also usually work evening shits, so getting up early would leave me ready for bed by work)

*giggles* Funny typo is funny. XD

I use my cell phone as an alarm clock, and it vibrates along with making dinging noises, so that usually does the trick for me. ^^

Yukikittie
01-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Teehee... I'm a spoiled brat, in the morning my Mom wakes me up.
Even when I set my alarm clock, if it doesn't wake me up fully that I just turn it off, fall back to sleep, and not remember the scene at all when I wake up again.

CosplayCinema
01-08-2011, 07:53 PM
So it was my niece's birthday yesterday and i told her I MIGHT take her out skating today, i of course slept in and my sister's boyfriend decided that he would tell my mom about the 2 days of school i missed to get back at me, and tried to guilt me and i'm just here like 'wtf, i said i might take her that my own skates didn't fit right' and now my mom is taking my laptop, cell phone, ipod, and ds. Monday-Friday and i only get it on saturday and sunday :/ and now she doesn't even think she wants to take me to Oklahoma in July so now i'm pissed off cause i made friend's with all those awesome people in the Oklahoma thread and i might not even get to see them.

And on top of that, my two lackeys were going to move to Oklahoma as well and if i don't go it'll just be them and their family and they will be disappointed as well as my best friend who said she'd visit me every weekend. And now i might not get to do all the stuff i was hoping to do in Oklahoma. All because of stupid ass Joe, because of him my sister and her kids don't have a home, the proper money to have the basic things they need, him and my sister are always fighting. He just ruins every thing for every one. :/ Today is my other niece's birthday and they only had enough money to throw a party for one of them and now the one who's birthday is today is sad because she doesn't to do anything for her birthday till next month. In which leads to me and our other sister because our birthdays are in Feb. :/ I'm going to be honest, if he had never shown up my sister would be living in her apartment still, she'd still be nice and skinny, she wouldn't of gotten into that fight at the bar the put a felony on her so now she can't get a job, she'd have A LOT of money like she used to, and i wouldn't be bitched at everyday for no reason like i have been the past 4 months she has been here.

^ all the crap that happens that is bad for the most part is because of Joe :/ I don't like him, Alexis doesn't like him, even my sister bitches that he is clingy and annoying. And it's not like we can get rid of him now, he has been with us for 3 years and just NOW chose to grow a pair and go against me.

(you don't really need to give me advice on this -__-;; i'm mostly just venting. Gosh i've never been so pissed off before...)

ShinobiXikyu
01-08-2011, 10:33 PM
*giggles* Funny typo is funny. XD

I use my cell phone as an alarm clock, and it vibrates along with making dinging noises, so that usually does the trick for me. ^^

eeeek. Gonna go fix that now...X_XU I dunno if I should be embarassed or thankful.

Aearon
01-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Ouch... As for me, when I was younger I got a loud alarm and put it across the room. That way I had to actually get out of bed to turn it off. Before I did that, I'd often just hit the snooze/off button and go back to sleep. But, I never went back to bed / fell back asleep after I moved it. =)

nannyogg
01-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Ouch... As for me, when I was younger I got a loud alarm and put it across the room. That way I had to actually get out of bed to turn it off. Before I did that, I'd often just hit the snooze/off button and go back to sleep. But, I never went back to bed / fell back asleep after I moved it. =)

LOL, that's what I do, too. If I have to actually get up and move to turn it off, I don't fall back asleep.

SakuraxTsubasa
01-08-2011, 10:53 PM

THAT'S GENIUS!
.....but I'd be in such a bad mood. Not to mention freezing.

CosplayCinema
01-08-2011, 11:48 PM
>.< because of all my sleeping and weight loss my sister is going to force me to take a drug test :/

ShinobiXikyu
01-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Maybe you should look into a hypothyroidism test. Excessive tiredness with no real reason is often a symptom, along with being constantly cold, dry skin, swelling (especially in the neck and face), and occasionally losing the outer third of your eyebrows. (My dad's got severe hypothyroidism, himself. It's controlled with meds, but if the dosage is off or he skipped his pill (and when he hadn't yet been diagnosed), he's basically impossible to get the hell out of bed.)

CosplayCinema
01-08-2011, 11:58 PM
I sleep a lot cause i force myself to stay away till like 5 in the morning then go to sleep. and i have been losing weight cause i've been working out and eating less as well as eating better. and they say that i have been really random and weird just cause i decided that i wanted to walk the dog early in the morning and walk around and be out of the house for once.

All i'm trying to do is lose weight and on the computer learning new things, reading up on stuff i like, looking for places i could possibly work when i move to oklahoma and looking up the college i want to go to. >.<

ShinobiXikyu
01-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Ahh, I see. You didn't say if you were sleeping so much because you felt constantly tired or were just staying up too late. But yeah, that's a pretty simple solution then. Get some sleep. Me, I can't function on any less than eight hours of sleep. And actual sleep, not laying in bed awake, which is frequently half my damn night because everything wakes me up). If I go more than two nights without a good sleep, I'm basically sick as a dog until I've gotten to bed. X_X (Unlike my mom, who can work 18 hours as a contractor on four hours of sleep, and not even finishing her coffee OR eating during the whole time. Yeesh.)

CosplayCinema
01-09-2011, 12:03 AM
yea, tonight i'm going to bed early damn kids want me to take them to the park :/ (not my kids) hopefully my alarm i just got wakes me up....

-goes and sets up the alarm, the phone, ipod, and ds alarms around the bed-