PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast.

Ichigo Knight
01-08-2011, 05:56 PM
That's right. The most stupendous and important meal of the day. So, what is your favourite breakfast food? Personally I think Bacon and Maple Syrup is the breakfast of CHAMPIONS.

Shifty Llama
01-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Bagels and shmear! The combinations are endless I am a particular fan of the blueberry bagel with creamcheese!!!

Also i will never say no to Bacon!

mrmonkey
01-08-2011, 05:59 PM
coffee and cookies is my fav. well come to thing its most what i eat all day

SourCherryTwist
01-08-2011, 06:02 PM
YOU GON GET FAT! I usually eat toast, cereal and coffee. OM NOM NOM

Kildread
01-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Toasts with nutella and orange juice.

(With all the zaniness lately, I feel the need to point out I'm not kidding about the orange juice)

Flora88
01-08-2011, 06:07 PM
I make a mean omelet. It'll beat you up and take your lunch money.

Volnixshin
01-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Fruity Pebbles and a cup of fire.

Shifty Llama
01-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Toasts with nutella and orange juice.

(With all the zaniness lately, I feel the need to point out I'm not kidding about the orange juice)

Sigh, I deliberately left out my love of a good orange juice in the morning because of all the recent shinanigans

xUchihaHikarix
01-08-2011, 06:31 PM
A smoothie...
On weekends, it's a smoothie and a piece of bacon. :D

nannyogg
01-08-2011, 06:31 PM
I usually have cold cereal with yogurt, and a cup of coffee (made via an Italian espresso percolator, so it's really strong).

Yukikittie
01-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Pancakes and hashbrowns. <3
But usually I'm in a hurry so I eat poptarts... At least I've started to eat something for breakfast now. xD

MermaidRizu
01-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I know it sounds bad, but I can't eat breakfast. >.< I feel sick when I even think about eating in the morning...

Shifty Llama
01-08-2011, 07:00 PM
I know it sounds bad, but I can't eat breakfast. >.< I feel sick when I even think about eating in the morning...

I have the exact same problem, I usually dont eat untill 11-12 ish and by then its my lunch so depending on what i am eating it is either a lunch or breakfast.

mrmonkey
01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
YOU GON GET FAT! I usually eat toast, cereal and coffee. OM NOM NOM

I lives by the cookie I dies by the cookie LOL

J.Kazama
01-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Cereal. Doesn't matter what brand, as long as it doesn't have marshmallows.

Ichigo Knight
01-08-2011, 07:31 PM

You poor, poor person. I actually have the opposite problem! If I don't eat within half an hour of waking up, my stomach is like "RAAAAAAAAAAAAGH" and I feel faintish D:

ShinobiXikyu
01-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Usually, a bagel and cream cheese, with a mug of cocoa.
When I have more time in the morning, my favourite thing to prepare is egg-in-the-hole, on rye bread/toast. Delicious.
And waffles are always delicious, too.

Xanarcah
01-08-2011, 10:20 PM
If I'm working, I usually eat toast with cream cheese or oatmeal or something else quick that I can make in the breakroom.

If I'm not working, I generally eat bits of whatever leftovers are in the fridge. Spaghetti, steak, soup, roasted potatoes, asparagus, anything. In a similar way that breakfast can be eaten at any time of the day, breakfast for me is not necessarily comprised of traditionally "breakfast" foods. o:

FunnyValentine
01-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Egg sandwhich! :)

~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
01-09-2011, 04:34 AM
I love scrambled eggs or sunny side up with lightly toasted bread and glass of milk or apple and black currant juice...

That or waffles and fruit

StrawberrySiren
01-09-2011, 04:48 AM
It's almost 6 here on the east coast. Just about breakfast time.

Ideally, I like an omelet and some bacon and sausages with coffee and apply juice. Maybe some fruit.

The college breakfast would be more like a bowl of cereal or a poptart or that cup of mandarin oranges I bought from the convenience store the night before.

Fabulousity
01-09-2011, 04:49 AM
Tomato and cheese omlets, or scrambled eggs and grits (I'm a southern girl so I LOVE grits!) and hashbrowns, or doughnuts, or leftover chinese food or pizza, or Lucky Charms. And of course tea!!!! I love tea. Now I'm really hungry.....

RinoaShadow
01-09-2011, 04:51 AM
Sandwich ;-; hehe, we don't have any breakfast foods. plus, i'm scared to cook since the last time i did the tea towel caught fire ^^; and my toastie exploded... o_o but it did taste awesome ;D

Ichigo Knight
01-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Tomato and cheese omlets, or scrambled eggs and grits (I'm a southern girl so I LOVE grits!) and hashbrowns, or doughnuts, or leftover chinese food or pizza, or Lucky Charms. And of course tea!!!! I love tea. Now I'm really hungry.....

Scuse my non-American-ness, but what are grits?

Fabulousity
01-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Scuse my non-American-ness, but what are grits?

:eek: *gasp* *faints*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits

Viveeh
01-09-2011, 07:33 AM
I always eat chocolate flavor cereals with milk for breakfast!

rubyspitfire
01-09-2011, 07:39 AM
scrambled eggs with ham and bacon, sourdough toast with butter, cup of orange or apple juice... and more bacon. i'm so NOT a vegetarian

nannyogg
01-09-2011, 08:17 AM
I am feeding my children white chocolate chip cookies and milk for breakfast today. Yum! I figure it's no worse for them than doughnuts.

TseenShe
01-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Pancakes with corn in 'em 8DDDD

Buckshot Billie
01-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Last night's leftovers.

(Especially if they're German food.)

Cherazor
01-09-2011, 09:28 AM
French rolls with butter and prosciutto, and some nice tea with honey and milk. :D

ToroSonyCat
01-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Hmm...
Waffles with maple syrup or crumpets with marmite are good.
I sometimes eat pizza for breakfast. I know, unhealthy.

I tend to have the same problem.

Flora88
01-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Oatmeal this morning. It made me feel like a gangsta of health.

sam vimes
01-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Break.....fast?

Station eggs are the tits.

Ineedaname9
01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Eggs and Rice with some shoyu~

Edit: I just realized you guys might not know what I mean. Its rice with and egg mixed up together with shoyu (a condiment from asia, its the dark liquid you mix wasabi with for sushi)...

Flora88
01-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Break.....fast?

Station eggs are the tits.

Station eggs? Whut?

Ichigo Knight
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
:eek: *gasp* *faints*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits

That looks so odd.

This morning I had rice, raspberry yoghurt, mango + orange juice and toast + marmalade. It was fulfilling.

Edita: also, station eggs = ?

sam vimes
01-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Station eggs? Whut?

Take a piece of bread. Remove the center of the bread, about an inch and a half in diameter, and slap it in a pan. Put an egg in the middle of the bread, then toast the bread evenly on both sides and cook the egg thoroughly. Enjoy it with jam, ketchup, or whatevs. Fuckin' scrumdiddlyumptious

Shiva Edge
01-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Plain oatmeal and bananas.

Yeeeeeah

Flora88
01-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Take a piece of bread. Remove the center of the bread, about an inch and a half in diameter, and slap it in a pan. Put an egg in the middle of the bread, then toast the bread evenly on both sides and cook the egg thoroughly. Enjoy it with jam, ketchup, or whatevs. Fuckin' scrumdiddlyumptious

Hmm. I'mma make that in the morning. I salute your breakfast ingenuity.

Shifty Llama
01-09-2011, 09:12 PM

WOO! I make that all the time but we call it toad in a hole in my household, I eat it as a snack!!!

StrawberrySiren
01-10-2011, 03:09 AM

Pshhh! We have that a lot in my house! Now I know what you're talking about hahahaha.

DireKitty
01-10-2011, 09:45 AM
French toast or crepes...

Celia Rose
01-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Same. :o
I usually just don't eat breakfast, or I have a chai tea latte.

Nikomarete
01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Hmmmm... Bacon and chocolate chip pancakes :3

penny_dreadful
01-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Hash browns with peppers and onions. Hot chocolate. Egg white omelet with spinach and Swiss cheese. Wheat toast with butter. Crepes with preserves. A glass of cranberry juice. Yogurt with honey, granola, and fresh berries. Bacon and maple syrup. A cup of tea. Lucky Charms.

I'm incredibly hungry.

Kildread
01-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Hash browns with peppers and onions. Hot chocolate. Egg white omelet with spinach and Swiss cheese. Wheat toast with butter. Crepes with preserves. A glass of cranberry juice. Yogurt with honey, granola, and fresh berries. Bacon and maple syrup. A cup of tea. Lucky Charms.

I'm incredibly hungry.

Mein gott, 2 toasts and a glass of orange juice is enough to fill me up on mornings (I can't eat a full meal that early).

That's... more than a full meal.

SweetOcarina
01-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Last night's curry <3

Gypsyangelf4i
01-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Coffee...layers and layers of coffee.

penny_dreadful
01-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Mein gott, 2 toasts and a glass of orange juice is enough to fill me up on mornings (I can't eat a full meal that early).

That's... more than a full meal.

I'd never eat that all in one sitting. I'd just make a bowl of oatmeal and think about what might have been.

ShinobiXikyu
01-10-2011, 10:34 PM

Ah, that's egg in the hole to me. XD Agreed, one of my favourites. My bf always has me cook it when we're staying over at my or his house. (Seems to be a decent arrangement; I'll cook breakfast, he cooks dinner. And he is a GOOD cook.)

Flora88
01-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Migas. That shit is amazing.

StrawberrySiren
01-11-2011, 05:45 AM
Today will either be cereal or a piece of toast with cream cheese and cinnamon. Depends. Since leftover burrito does not sit well with me in the morning.

Hime no Toki
01-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Pancakes with a heavy side of bacon. And scrambled eggs, that's the only way I like my eggs, haha.

penny_dreadful
01-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Migas. That shit is amazing.

Man, I read about migas a while ago in a cookbook and have been DYING to try it. There's not really a presence here in the northeast.

I did occasionally make a breakfast dish with fried egg, chorizo, black beans, fried tortilla strips, hot sauce, and cotija cheese which was pretty outrageous, but a single human heart can only take so much abuse.

Also, I will eat any of the breakfast dishes at the Flying Biscuit (http://www.flyingbiscuit.com/Menus.aspx), but it requires flying to Atlanta, and I only get to do that about once a year.

Flora88
01-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Man, I read about migas a while ago in a cookbook and have been DYING to try it. There's not really a presence here in the northeast.

I did occasionally make a breakfast dish with fried egg, chorizo, black beans, fried tortilla strips, hot sauce, and cotija cheese which was pretty outrageous, but a single human heart can only take so much abuse.

Also, I will eat any of the breakfast dishes at the Flying Biscuit (http://www.flyingbiscuit.com/Menus.aspx), but it requires flying to Atlanta, and I only get to do that about once a year.

I think you'd like Austin. Tex-Mex as far as the eye can see. And Deep South cuisine (conveniently made vegetarian or vegan, if you so choose.)
I'll find you a recipe for Migas, if you'd like. :) No one should miss out.

But today I just had scrambled eggs, toast, and tea. Could it get more bland than that?

EDIT: Omg. The Orange-Scented French Toast at The Flying Biscuit sounds AMAZING.

lollydove
01-11-2011, 01:34 PM
I usually don't need food in the morning, I can easily go without... some mornings though it makes me a little dizzy and nauseous till I get proper food.
It's mostly because all the stuff in our house is stuff I don't like, so usually I have nothing or a Milo/hot cross bun/some sort of fruit.

penny_dreadful
01-11-2011, 01:38 PM
I think you'd like Austin. Tex-Mex as far as the eye can see. And Deep South cuisine (conveniently made vegetarian or vegan, if you so choose.)
I'll find you a recipe for Migas, if you'd like. :) No one should miss out.

But today I just had scrambled eggs, toast, and tea. Could it get more bland than that?

EDIT: Omg. The Orange-Scented French Toast at The Flying Biscuit sounds AMAZING.

Thank you! Like I said, I've seen recipes, but I'm not sure how authentic they are and, as a result, how good they actually taste. You know, like how a Taco Bell taco is not actually a taco.

I think I'd probably like Austin, too. Incidentally, I also had toast, tea and scrambled egg (whites) for breakfast. It's boring, but filling, easy to make, and moderately healthy.

All this food talk is making me think I should start a cooking thread. SO I WILL. SELF-DETERMINATION.

Lithium Flower
01-11-2011, 01:47 PM
I almost never eat breakfast unless I am going to work very early. Even then I hardly eat at all. Eating in the morning makes me feel really sick to my stomach and vomit-y D:

Ichigo Knight
01-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Migas

?_?
Sounds like Midas...

This morning I had some Swiss muesli. It was pretty spiffing. And cranberry juice. The juice of the gods.

rubyspitfire
01-11-2011, 08:13 PM
my food stamps came in today, so i went to the store and got eggs and real bacon. mmmmm eggs scrambled in bacon grease YUMMM and so unhealthy lol. we already had apple and cran-cherry juice ^_^

firecloak
01-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Either cereal or cake/milk

ShinobiXikyu
01-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Mmm. Hada hell of a breakfast today. Fried eggs (I always do mine overeasy. I hate liquid egg yolks), toasted bagel, fried bologna, and a couple pan-fried cheddar cheese perogies with a big mug of cocoa. Mmmm. Perogies are such godly food. You can eat them at literally any meal.

Mangochutney
01-11-2011, 10:49 PM
I usually have a can of garbanzo beans, drained, with vinegar poured on and oregano/basil/black pepper on top. Mom says she craved it while she was gestating me, so apparently it was one of my favorites back to my days as an insensate clump of cells. Most people get a funny look on their faces when I try to tell them it's tasty. It damn well IS!

Celia Rose
01-12-2011, 10:02 AM
I usually have a can of garbanzo beans, drained, with vinegar poured on and oregano/basil/black pepper on top. Mom says she craved it while she was gestating me, so apparently it was one of my favorites back to my days as an insensate clump of cells. Most people get a funny look on their faces when I try to tell them it's tasty. It damn well IS!
That actually sounds really good. I think the seasoning is speaking to me.

penny_dreadful
01-12-2011, 12:25 PM

It does sound good, but I don't think I could do it for breakfast. I'm too mired in traditional American breakfast foods. It does give me a great idea what to do for lunch, though...

My sister-in-law just told me today that she craved a lot of Tex Mex and spicy foods when she was pregnant with her first kid, and he loved all the same things when he was little. Now he's three so he's in that I WILL ONLY EAT BUTTERED PASTA AND CHEESE SANDWICHES phase, but there must be something to it.