PDA

View Full Version : When is the best time to buy plane tickets for cross-country travel?

JoeBoeing
10-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Hi all,

I'm wanting to fly to Animazement from Los Angeles's LAX on May 27th and am staying til the 31st of May. I don't care when I fly as long I can fly cheap.

I'm not sure on which online ticket site has the best/cheast cancellation policy/fine but I might go through travel agency if I don't get any recomendations.

Also, which airline would be cheapest?

I would have put this in the Animazement forum but I want replies and that forum is dead and I figured others can uuse such info for other con travels.

Also, what is the 3 letter designation of the airport where Aanimazement is held?

Thanks and take care,
Joe

Xais
10-16-2003, 04:38 PM
Just make sure you do it with at least a month notice. I'd go 2 months before any trip just to be safe. Works wonders AND you get a window seat garunteed.

JoeBoeing
10-16-2003, 04:45 PM
Why was this moved??? I said the info could help others who need plane tickets.

Anyways, what I mean is when do the airlines have their fare sales? and which airlines go between LAX and whatever airport is the one near Animazement.

From,
Joe

quadrain61
10-17-2003, 06:10 AM
Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)

The furthest I flown west in (lives in NC) the US was Las Vegas and it was non-stop using America West and it was pretty cheap since I sister is a 'gotta find the lowest fare flight' type person. So far right after looking comparing cheapticket.com and americawest.com (http://www.americawest.com) americawest it cheaper, $328 for a round-trip. Only options are LAX --> Phoenix (PHX) or Las Vegas (LAS) --> Raleigh-Durham (RDU)

Now the furthest I flown west was Vietnam (pain in the ass trip, literally, 23 hours.

MistressRinRin
10-17-2003, 06:54 AM
hmm.... i've only flown once ^.^"" and that was to CO, but hotwire.com is really cool and cheep. ^__^

liz-maru
10-17-2003, 08:52 AM
well try to get your tickets as soon as you can it seems sometimes that the sooner you get the tickets the less they are. try orbitz priceline travelocity and something else i cant member ^^ im sure at youll find a cheaper ticket price on one of em!

quadrain61
10-23-2003, 09:30 PM
So have you found a ticket yet JoeBoeing?

Review:
Raleigh-Durham International airport - (RDU)

Companies:
-americawest.com
-travelocity.com
-cheaptickets.com
-orbitz.com
-hotwire.com

Usually buying directly from the airline (online) is cheaper.

Buying online is usually quicker since some airports have kisoks that print out the ticket and go directly to the gates.

If this is your first time going to Animazement do not do the taxi since Sheraton Imerial has a complimentary ride from the airport to the hotel and vice versa.

And the hotel place info can be found at: http://www.sheratonrtp.com