PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves (Not about cosplay)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Yukikittie
01-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Come here to complain, about anything you want! (As long as it isn't anything super controversial that lands this thread in a shitstorm and it gets closed. C: )

I shall start;

Sundays. You can't stay up late or go out late since you have school the next day. All they're good for is sitting around, staring into space.

Back pains. I've had them since Friday afternoon, and they suck. I've been taking ibuprofen like a fiend...In fact I'm going to go eat and take two more. xC

Purfect*Rave
01-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Friend fights. Won't go into detail.

When friends don't text you back for no reason. Or lose their phone frequently. D: Dealing with this issue atm.

Siblings. >_> Mine are just annoying.

Fanfiction stories not getting posted quickly. Either it takes a long time for a 2,000 word story to appear, or some kind of technical shizz is going on. It's been about 2 or 3 hrs, I'm waiting for the 4 to roll around before I start freaking.

Oh yeah, also at the moment: My cat's litter box. Eww. *holds nose*

Akemi Idane
01-09-2011, 05:48 PM
When people put an s on the end of my last name.
I am singular, kthx.

Shifty Llama
01-09-2011, 05:50 PM
People who say things like ATM machine and PIN number

Its redundant people knock it off!!!

Yukikittie
01-09-2011, 05:50 PM
]Fanfiction stories not getting posted quickly. Either it takes a long time for a 2,000 word story to appear, or some kind of technical shizz is going on. It's been about 2 or 3 hrs, I'm waiting for the 4 to roll around before I start freaking.
I am so guilty of doing this. xC

People who say things like ATM machine and PIN number

Its redundant people knock it off!!!
OH MY GOD I DO THIS TOO. D:

Yukikittie
01-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Winter.
Not because I hate the snow or the cold, but because my Dad NEVER buys fruit during the winter.
I want my apples. D':

Purfect*Rave
01-09-2011, 05:58 PM
I am so guilty of doing this. xC

xD *has been checking back every 10 minutes* (mostly because it was my first time doing an adult [lemon] scene, so I want criticism on it. T_T) ARGHH. STILL NOT THERE. I BELIEVE IT HAS BEEN 4 HOURS. I CAN NOW RANT SHAMELESSLY.

To stay on track (I remembered a few more):

My sister's dog. That thing is getting on my nerves. >:C

Not being able to watch most anime at normal time on TV. (Naruto comes on at 10? If I'm not mistaken. And Inuyasha and all the 3am animes I've only seen once or twice.)

Yukikittie
01-09-2011, 06:03 PM
xD *has been checking back every 10 minutes* (mostly because it was my first time doing an adult [lemon] scene, so I want criticism on it. T_T)

I'm working on a smut story, but I can't continue it because I don't know what I want them to do next!
I released a one shot a few days ago, I have four reviews. Each is telling me they love how I portrayed the characters, and then how I should continue.
NO. IT'S A ONE-SHOT. I will not revolve another one of my stories around rape! (Person one gets raped, person two helps person one through it.) T_T
But knowing me I will probably be doing it. Even though with my other one I need to update it NOW, and then I need to write the prequel to it.

I can review it! :'D

Taokaka
01-09-2011, 06:07 PM
When people point out obvious things bout me, for example:

"WHOA!!!! Did you know you have really dark blue eyes?" and my favorite
"God, you're so pale."

Also when Im trying to do something important, and someone comes, and bugs me, and I tell them to leave me alone please, but dont >.<

LilMaibe
01-09-2011, 06:09 PM
No one reading the stuff I write :(
(Yes, still depressed over it ._. sorry, it still gnaws hard on me)

Purfect*Rave
01-09-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm working on a smut story, but I can't continue it because I don't know what I want them to do next!
I released a one shot a few days ago, I have four reviews. Each is telling me they love how I portrayed the characters, and then how I should continue.
NO. IT'S A ONE-SHOT. I will not revolve another one of my stories around rape! (Person one gets raped, person two helps person one through it.) T_T
But knowing me I will probably be doing it. Even though with my other one I need to update it NOW, and then I need to write the prequel to it.

Mine was just one scene, what happened after that, and then it ended. And then I put in the A/N at the end that I will NOT do any more stories with the OC I used. He was a one-shot like the story. (But it kind of depresses me, because this was the first time an OC worked in a story. But it worked because it was one-shot. Rawr. :c)

And I need to work on TWO stories actually. One of them I just need to figure out what to drabble about so the story doesn't move too quickly, and the other I still have a bit of sorting out to do before I post it. >_<

Peeve: Not getting reviews on my fanfictions when I specifically request them.

Yukikittie
01-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Mine was just one scene, what happened after that, and then it ended. And then I put in the A/N at the end that I will NOT do any more stories with the OC I used. He was a one-shot like the story. (But it kind of depresses me, because this was the first time an OC worked in a story. But it worked because it was one-shot. Rawr. :c)

And I need to work on TWO stories actually. One of them I just need to figure out what to drabble about so the story doesn't move too quickly, and the other I still have a bit of sorting out to do before I post it. >_<
I wanna read this story nao. : D
Yes! I need to come up with more plot so my story doesn't move too quickly! o_e

(Yes, still depressed over it ._. sorry, it still gnaws hard on me)
I'm sorry. T_T That doesn't really suck...but at least you're getting out how you feel. Not bottling it in. :C

Viveeh
01-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Sleeping... I usually have weird dreams (not in the good way), wake up 50 times, and it's just boring. But still you gotta do it every night.

LilMaibe
01-09-2011, 06:22 PM

I'm sorry. T_T That doesn't really suck...but at least you're getting out how you feel. Not bottling it in. :C

*sighs* I'd just wish someone I do not have on my friendslist/messenger would give feedback Xx suuuuuuuuucks

Purfect*Rave
01-09-2011, 06:26 PM
[/FONT]

Well, there is flirting before that, xD. But thanks for your enthusiasm.
Mine is difficult, I'm in a point where it starts out with a dramatic lost sibling OC, then it's like, "Ok, they just found a sibling they didn't know about. What now before they find out (spoiler) she's evil?"

Yukikittie
01-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Well, there is flirting before that, xD. But thanks for your enthusiasm.
Mine is difficult, I'm in a point where it starts out with a dramatic lost sibling OC, then it's like, "Ok, they just found a sibling they didn't know about. What now before they find out (spoiler) she's evil?"

Someone needs to die.

Purfect*Rave
01-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Someone needs to die.

Hmmm...*strokes fake goatee* You might be on to something...

J.Kazama
01-09-2011, 06:32 PM
When people that doesn't know me calls me by stuff like "baby", "dear", "cute"...
I. Have. A.(Censored part). Name.

crayonattack
01-09-2011, 06:38 PM
WHEN PEOPLE DON'T USE THEIR BLINKERS.
It makes me rage. It makes me rage so hard.
ALSO being in a sewing class where my teacher has NO idea that I already know how to sew, and having to sit around listening to all the stupid girls in my class. One was bitching for like 15 minutes that her machine was retarded. I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT SHE WAS DOING WRONG IT WAS PAINFUL. And the day before that, a differrent girl had a problem with her machine. Do you know what the solution to it was? Do you? Can you guess?

SHE HADN'T PLUGGED HER DAMN MACHINE IN. OH. MY. GOD. She didn't even UNDERSTAND that that was her problem when someone was telling her! Someone had to come PLUG IT IN FOR HER before she understood! AHHH STUPID PEOPLE.

MemoryOfAlessa
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
When someone forgets to close the door after coming in.
When someone throws themself on my bed after having just made it. x_x
When I order a plain burger and I receive one with everything on it.
People who play with their phone the whole time at the dinner table in a restaurant/at home. It's damn rude.

Yukikittie
01-09-2011, 06:43 PM
When people that doesn't know me calls me by stuff like "baby", "dear", "cute"...
I. Have. A.(Censored part). Name.
I totally agree with you, Sweetie.

J.Kazama
01-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I totally agree with you, Sweetie.

I laughed, seriously xD

doxiequeen1
01-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Older guys hitting on me when they know how young I am. :|

Happens way to much..in person and through xbox..just creepy and somewhat pathetic :d

rubyspitfire
01-09-2011, 06:53 PM
people who don't bathe at least twice a week. that. is. DISGUSTING!! *pukes*

when i'm busy doing something and my roomie comes in and tries to talk to me, and then gets uppity when i politely say i'm busy and want to be left alone

when my sushi roll falls apart and the insides end up on the floor. @#$%^& real crab meat isn't cheap here!!

Lithium Flower
01-09-2011, 07:02 PM

Here's the opposite;
When old men make a point to call me by my name when I am at work, but they say it in this creepy kinda voice like "Thank you, Eeemilllyyyy". Your not my friend, don't talk to me like you are.

Kildread
01-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Irresponsibility.

"I didn't know."

"Nobody told me."

"I wasn't aware of."

"Well, it should be written somewhere."

Always drives me up the wall.

Miki Starwind
01-09-2011, 07:59 PM
1. The flu. Specially since I'm allergic to flu medicines, so I have to just sleep it out and wait for my immune system to take care of it on it's own. MADNESS, I TELL YOU. D:
2. Lack of money. I'm debating between using what little money I have for either a cosplay, or a good camcorder for Youtube videos. Two hobbies I'd love to get into.
3. Neighbors. WHY do my neighbors feel the need to hammer stuff up on their walls at 2am? WHY?

Flora88
01-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Bad remixes.

Ineedaname9
01-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Wet Socks...I hate them. I will walk around in my rubber slippers just to avoid this. I might trip more but no wet socks....

The foot petal for my sewing machine. It broke.... Darn thing looks like a freaken toy compared to the machine and my foot. At least I have the hand switch to use for it but the foot petal was a lot easier...

Flora88
01-09-2011, 08:06 PM
People who automatically assume that I'm scared of [insert animal at the reptile house in the zoo] because I'm very femme-looking. Or who invite my boyfriend to go [insert manly activity here], but not me. He doesn't even like to do most "manly" things. I do, generally.

Also, Sarah Palin's rhetoric. (Though watching her backpedal now is almost funny, if not for the reason behind it.)

☆ Kei ☆
01-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Lack of personal responsibility.
People taking their sweet time paying for something.
Shipping.

EDIT: Concerts ending at midnight on a school night in a city three hours away.

sam vimes
01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
The newspaper comic Zits. We get it, teenagers are lazy and grownups don't understand them. Ugh.

Volnixshin
01-09-2011, 08:26 PM
I like Zits. Foxtrit is awesome, especially when the youngest kid cosplays

Pet peeves? My older brother (46) coming from PA and staying with us for months on end then using all my toothpaste.

Teeth that should be perfect, why can't we evolve to the [point where our teeth don't need to be brushed or taken care of, like cats or something

Lithium Flower
01-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Teeth that should be perfect, why can't we evolve to the [point where our teeth don't need to be brushed or taken care of, like cats or something

I am now reminded I have funny teeth T___T

Buckshot Billie
01-09-2011, 08:31 PM
- Not wearing my watch
- My Mother insisting that I use her camera's flash function when she asks me to take a picture for her... even if we're outside at midday
- People going on and on and on about their babies, especially after I try to change the subject

Ion
01-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Idiots who drive without their lights on... you know... at crucial times like when it is snowing so hard you can barely see the hood of your own car let alone theirs. Bonus points if they drive a white or very light colored car as well.

toshirua3846384
01-09-2011, 08:56 PM
I hate it when certain people say the word "moist", "tender", "juicy" or "refreshing" depending on how their voice sounds. Idk i hate it when people say it.

sunflowercandy
01-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Here's the opposite;
When old men make a point to call me by my name when I am at work, but they say it in this creepy kinda voice like "Thank you, Eeemilllyyyy". Your not my friend, don't talk to me like you are.

I agree with you on that one, it's plain creepy when they talk like that and makes you want to stand 20 feet away x_x

Anyways, my pet peeves has to be people thinking it's funny scaring the living daylight out of me x_x

When your in a rush through the hallway(I call it the highway 400, it's a busy road) and people decide they just need to walk so slow

When the person infront of you in line can't decide what to order by the time it took them to get there

FunnyValentine
01-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh man, here we go.

So many drivers here just go without looking. I almost got hit twice with two different friends(they were both driving) because it was obvious we were going with nobody behind us but they became too damn impatient.

When people only know a good song because it is mixed in a crappy rapper's song.

Not seeing my boyfriend as much as I used to! :'(

Most movies on Comedy Central because they're just so...bad.

doxiequeen1
01-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Oh I have one!

"Twi-hards"

Edward Cullen isn't real. Get over it. Don't rant to me about how perfect a fictional character is.

kthankzbai

FunnyValentine
01-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Oh, my biggest: people that think I am like the actors and actresses on Jersey Shore because I'm from Jersey. Oh man, The Situation is actually 30 years old so it's real cute when I see him flirting with 14 year olds. Oh, and everyone they talk to on the show was not even on the beach at the time, they're actors paid to talk to them. Nobody can be in the stores they are in while they're filming. I have had the pleasure of telling them to go *beep* themselves and to leave. I'm pale, I know I how to apply makeup correctly, aghh. Really just annoys me.

People that only date up to two weeks and continue constantly with others and everytime claim they're in love.

I'm done.

sailortintin
01-09-2011, 10:00 PM
When people put an s on the end of my last name.
I am singular, kthx.

This~ Almost all of my teachers do this. You would think that after seeing my name so many times while looking at my paper, they would get that there is no s.

Oh I have one!

"Twi-hards"

Edward Cullen isn't real. Get over it. Don't rant to me about how perfect a fictional character is.

kthankzbai

This again~ You wouldn't believe how many speeches I've had about how Edwards the best and how Jacob should have Bella. And I also hate it when they try to force me to like the books and movies. I do not like Twilight and never will. It's not my cup of tea.

Kildread
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I do not like Twilight and never will. It's not my cup of tea.

My agreement of this has little power considering I'm a guy, but yeah.

I agree!

doxiequeen1
01-09-2011, 10:08 PM
My agreement of this has little power considering I'm a guy, but yeah.

I agree!

I actually really enjoyed the books.

The movies sucked. The cast they picked was horrible, and the writing for the movies was just bad. Quite frankly it doesn't deserve all the attention.

ALSO

Justin Bieber!

He sounds like a girl and looks like one too, Tell me fellow teenage girls how is that attractive in any way?

I just don't get it.

Aearon
01-09-2011, 10:09 PM
(Yes, still depressed over it ._. sorry, it still gnaws hard on me)I'll read it if it's in English. And that's saying a lot b/c I never read anything. >.>

I use my blinkers! It annoys me when others don't too... But, it annoys me more when they are cruising along and then slow down quickly before a turn making me think they weren't turning and causing me to wait longer on them...

My biggest pet peeve and a very general one... Stupid people. It's not that I dislike people that are mentally handicapped, impaired, or have a learning disability... I dislike the people that have the potential to actually learn and just don't care. This peeve includes people that don't know the difference between your/you're, then/than, its/it's, etc.

>.>

kiratsukai
01-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Lack of insulation and central heating in Japanese homes.

I should not need to wear two shirts, thermals, jeans, thigh-high socks, fuzzy slipper socks and a blanket while sitting directly under a heater in my own apartment :(

Yukikittie
01-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Also, Sarah Palin
How could I forget this pet peeve!

Yukikittie
01-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Lack of insulation and central heating in Japanese homes.

I should not need to wear two shirts, thermals, jeans, thigh-high socks, fuzzy slipper socks and a blanket while sitting directly under a heater in my own apartment :(

Is your apartment old or new? I know the old house that my family used to live at was never warm at all. But this new house we live in is pretty warm. (When my Dad decides to actually to heat our house, lol.)

☆ Kei ☆
01-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Baristas messing up orders. Guess who is getting a headache because her smoothie had strawberries in it?

And corresponding with the above, allergies. They're just a pain and make me miss to much school.

Yukikittie
01-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Cravings.
Why brain, when it's going eleven o' clock at night, would you want chocolate chip pancakes? You know it's too late and even if it was early I'm too unskilled to even attempt!

Aearon
01-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Pfft... Cupcakes are easy to make. =)

Kildread
01-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Is your apartment old or new? I know the old house that my family used to live at was never warm at all. But this new house we live in is pretty warm. (When my Dad decides to actually to heat our house, lol.)

It's kinda hard to believe for someone who's always lived on the American continent, but central heating in japan isn't something that's common (Does it exist at all?)

My sister who lives over there described it as follows : If it's -5 outside, it's -5 inside.

nannyogg
01-09-2011, 11:21 PM
It's kinda hard to believe for someone who's always lived on the American continent, but central heating in japan isn't something that's common (Does it exist at all?)

My sister who lives over there described it as follows : If it's -5 outside, it's -5 inside.

What is the main method of heating there, then? Or do they just bundle up?

Kildread
01-09-2011, 11:25 PM
What is the main method of heating there, then? Or do they just bundle up?

Small room heaters or a kotatsu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotatsu) (Though the last one doesn't seem to heat the room).

Haven't went over all the options with her, as I hear, electricity is very costy over there.

sunflowercandy
01-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Another thing is an art block for artists >< you can for about a few days to full blown year with a art block before you know what you wanna draw it's really annoying especially with art projects D:

Shana05
01-09-2011, 11:49 PM
The fact I may be losing my job soon. They've been wanting to get rid of me for months because *GASP* I got upset when another co-worker kept harassing me.

Aearon
01-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Well, sheesh... How dare you get upset? /comfort I hope ya find another one soon. =)

kiratsukai
01-10-2011, 01:06 AM
What is the main method of heating there, then?

Kittens.

We all clutch kittens for warmth.

Seriously though:

pocketwarmers.

Not kidding. All winter we produce garbagebags full of personal waste every week by sticking disposable pocket-warmers all over our being so that we don't freeze in schools and office buildings which are often not heated.

The only places that are heated are shopping centers and all methods of public transportation. These places are kept at roughly 6,000 degrees so that everyone can wear bootyshorts comfortably.

If you're lucky, you buy a carpet that heats. Most people also have tables with heaters in them (the aforementioned kotatsu). Tiny kerosene heaters and halogen lamp heaters that warm up about 3 feet around your immediate person are also common.

Axelai
01-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Open windows.

My mom opens windows when im all warm on my laptop :'| Its like "REALLY... YOU'RE NOT EVEN IN THIS ROOM. CLOSE THAT WINDOW BACK UP."

And my roommate likes to keep the room below zero... x___x;; Even opening the windows when its RAINING...

FunnyValentine
01-10-2011, 01:54 PM
And my roommate likes to keep the room below zero... x___x;; Even opening the windows when its RAINING...
I love opening the window when it's raining, it calms me.

rubyspitfire
01-10-2011, 01:57 PM
kotatsu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotatsu)

holy fire hazard batman!

i found a new pet peeve today: ppl who typ lyk ths. is it rly 2 hrd 2 spl out wat ur tryin 2 say? or r u jus dat laZ?

Axelai
01-10-2011, 02:03 PM
I love opening the window when it's raining, it calms me.

Do you do that when your roommate is on her laptop in her pajamas about two feet from said window?

i found a new pet peeve today: ppl who typ lyk ths. is it rly 2 hrd 2 spl out wat ur tryin 2 say? or r u jus dat laZ?

OH GOD. I hate that... especially when they're ASKING FOR A COMMISSION. I can't take a customer seriously when she types like that. I ended up stopping my responses to two different customers simply because they talked that way. Ughhhh

FunnyValentine
01-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Do you do that when your roommate is on her laptop in her pajamas about two feet from said window?

Well Im by myself relaxing so..no.

Axelai
01-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Well Im by myself relaxing so..no.

Okay good XD;; Its mostly my peeve because my roommate and my mom don't... think about how i feel about it. I usually end up freezing because they're inconsiderate :'|

Or on the raining... i end up wet :'|

belligerent
01-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Excessive eating noises drive me up the wall. Like when people munch constantly or slurp really loudly or smack their lips or constantly are going MMMM or THIS IS SO GOOD when it's something like a bologna sandwich.

Lithium Flower
01-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Excessive eating noises drive me up the wall. Like when people munch constantly or slurp really loudly or smack their lips or constantly are going MMMM or THIS IS SO GOOD when it's something like a bologna sandwich.

My uncle makes such disgusting sounds when he eats, he sounds like a pig at a trough. Like NO ONE naturally makes these sounds when they eat, he does it because he wants people to pay attention to him. It's the most disgusting thing to see him hovering over his plate making these horribly disgusting slurping noises.

He eats ALONE because no one can stand looking at him, or listening, when he eats its so nasty.

Axelai
01-10-2011, 02:50 PM

OH GOD i hate this x______x;; Especially chewing gum loud.... Ewwwww...

Eau de Decus
01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Excessive eating noises drive me up the wall. Like when people munch constantly or slurp really loudly or smack their lips or constantly are going MMMM or THIS IS SO GOOD when it's something like a bologna sandwich. One of my co-workers does that with everything he eats. It's ridiculous.

Flora88
01-10-2011, 03:31 PM
The price of good spices. Fuck. I can't afford $25 saffron. :(

sam vimes
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
All the snow that's headed my way, which will royally screw up the plans I had made for the weekend.

Ineedaname9
01-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Pet Peeve: When financial aid check hasn't come in and your pro expects you to have the textbook the first day of class.

<-- Got kicked out of class for no textbook

Flora88
01-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Graduation fees?! WTF? They want to charge me for graduating? WTFWTFWTF?!?!

doxiequeen1
01-10-2011, 04:07 PM

THIS.

My mom does this with everything she eats :| it makes me want to puke. God.

Clyde_2.0
01-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Earbud headphones. Especially the cheap ones. They hurt my ears, no matter their size, and they give me headaches.
I miss my giant, clunky, old headphones! They broke a week ago and now all I have are earbuds. DX

Buckshot Billie
01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Cashiers who judge you for whatever you're buying at the grocery store and then feel compelled to make a comment. Seriously, have you ever considered that I might give these six candy bars to my FRIENDS instead of eating them all by myself? (I know. It's a real stretch for some people to think that maybe, just maybe, a fat person actually HAS friends.)

toshirua3846384
01-10-2011, 05:46 PM
I may be mean saying this, but this is also a pet peeve of mines. I can't stand it when complete strangers come up to you to inquire of how "cute" their baby is supposed to be just because your a female. I mean seriously... and i also hate it when people baby talk little kids or babies and think it's cute.:eeek: I really don't think it's really appropriate, to me it just makes the adult or teens doing it look like total sub microbe simpletons with lower than qualified vocabulary. And yes while i understand on how it is supposed to be a type of "flattery"; and obvious flattery may i might add, i still on the whole find it really annoying and sometimes rather fake. But this is just me on how i view this.

FunnyValentine
01-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Cashiers who judge you for whatever you're buying at the grocery store and then feel compelled to make a comment. Seriously, have you ever considered that I might give these six candy bars to my FRIENDS instead of eating them all by myself? (I know. It's a real stretch for some people to think that maybe, just maybe, a fat person actually HAS friends.)

Aghhh. This one grocery store was going out of business so I got some makeup that was on sale with food. She looked at me like I bought a friggen dead body. O.O

rubyspitfire
01-10-2011, 06:13 PM
i report cashiers like that to the store manager. it may be a brainless low paying entry level job, but it is still customer service

Aearon
01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Another pet peeve: People that report employees / complain over little stuff. >.>

rubyspitfire
01-10-2011, 07:47 PM
well that was uncalled for...

Gypsyangelf4i
01-10-2011, 08:00 PM
People who speak text. Seriously, if I EVER hear you say OMG or LOL out loud, you deserve smacked up the side of your head. :-/

SweetOcarina
01-10-2011, 08:05 PM
People eating loudly or with their mouths open. I can't stand it. And once I hear it I can't unhear normal eating sounds! It makes me feel ill.

Yukikittie
01-10-2011, 09:11 PM
People who speak text. Seriously, if I EVER hear you say OMG or LOL out loud, you deserve smacked up the side of your head. :-/

Smack me hard, baby. ;D

Pet peeve: When I get evil stares for cheering for both teams at basketball.

SourCherryTwist
01-10-2011, 09:15 PM
people who assume Im dumb...cause Im blonde and was a cheerleader in high school. I fix multi million dollar aircraft for a living (F-18 hornets) WHOSE STUPID NOW?!

Axelai
01-10-2011, 09:24 PM

Does it count if i say it like "Lawl"?

Graduation fees?! WTF? They want to charge me for graduating? WTFWTFWTF?!?!

HOW DARE YOU GET GOOD GRADES AND PASS.

Moonsong
01-10-2011, 10:55 PM
^ LOL.

Okay, I really can't stand it when I'm in the middle of speaking and someone interrupts me and starts talking over me as if I don't exist. It's like, "Um, I'm pretty sure I was talking. How about you wait?"

I also hate when you go to an establishment with the aim to get something done, and the employees proceed to send you to six different people and tell you twenty different answers. If I have to do your job for you, I should be getting paid, methinks.

C. Marie
01-10-2011, 11:04 PM
When someone forgets to close the door after coming in.
When someone throws themself on my bed after having just made it. x_x
When I order a plain burger and I receive one with everything on it.
People who play with their phone the whole time at the dinner table in a restaurant/at home. It's damn rude.

I totally agree on the plain burger thing.

All time pet peeve: going into a public restroom only to find...a mess on the toilet seat. Clean up after yourself, please.

Flora88
01-10-2011, 11:05 PM
HOW DARE YOU GET GOOD GRADES AND PASS.

I know, right? College sucks.

Axelai
01-10-2011, 11:05 PM
^ LOL.

Okay, I really can't stand it when I'm in the middle of speaking and someone interrupts me and starts talking over me as if I don't exist. It's like, "Um, I'm pretty sure I was talking. How about you wait?"

Ugh. Happens to me ALL THE TIME. Especially by this girl at ALA the other day :'| She'd start talking over me almost every time i said anything, til finally i snapped at her all "Okay. I'm TALKING here. Could you not talk over me?" and she was like "I was talking to someone else!" and i was like "I WAS TALKING TO THE GROUP. SO SHUT UP." and she shut up. Everyone else was grateful (since she was crazy annoying).

EUHHHHHHHHH /rage

FinalEVA
01-10-2011, 11:08 PM
When 4:3 SDTV content is watched stretched on a 16:9 Widescreen HDTV. Just keep the aspect ratio with the black pillars on the side. I don't like to see everything out of proportion.

It's probably a silly one to many people.

TaoKyuubimon
01-10-2011, 11:32 PM
I really get miffed by people that start jabbering and keep jabbering about themselves. A lot.
Some of us are quieter than the rest and prefer to speak when there's a gap as filler. But if you hog all the space... well then. :U

And also that even if you have a 16:9 widescreen TV, and you still get the little black bars for widescreen. Why can't then just make wider TV screens and then the widescreen format would technically be full screen?! Weird, man.

Axelai
01-10-2011, 11:41 PM
I really get miffed by people that start jabbering and keep jabbering about themselves. A lot.
Some of us are quieter than the rest and prefer to speak when there's a gap as filler. But if you hog all the space... well then. :U

I hate that too @ . @ But i'm usually okay with it if its someone I'm friends with, since i'd be used to it XD If its someone i just met who decides to jabber on about themselves... i make a hasty exit.

Purfect*Rave
01-10-2011, 11:53 PM

AGREEDAGREEDAGREED.
This happens all the time, mostly when I'm speaking to the only anime friend I have in RL, I'll be trying to quickly tell her about something anime-related, and one of my non-anime friends will butt in and try to discuss something else. (Mind you, I'm not trying to go into hour-long fangirl rants, maybe just max-5 minute discussions about a series.) Friend 1 will turn and answer her, then turn back to me. Then, Friend 2 will ask a deeper question about the same thing, rinse and repeat. I used to just put up with it and be all "Uwah I was talking...:blubber: Please let me finish one sentence..." But now it's just to the point that I go "I WAS TALKING, STOP INTERRUPTING ME, WE WILL FINISH TALKING IN A MOMENT. :untrust:" And then whenever I try to point out something, Friend 2 will stop me mid-way and point out the same thing. She's not a bad person, but GRRR. I'm totally NOT right here.
/Canada-esque rant.

ShinobiXikyu
01-10-2011, 11:53 PM
People who spit. Especially right fucking in front of you on the sidewalk (and its never a clean one either, it's always the gigantic musoucy loogy spits...), and especially disgusting, in drinking fountains.
IT'S FUCKING GROSS.

Axelai
01-11-2011, 12:13 AM
/Canada-esque rant.

*watches America cry in a corner*

People who spit. Especially right fucking in front of you on the sidewalk (and its never a clean one either, it's always the gigantic musoucy loogy spits...), and especially disgusting, in drinking fountains.
IT'S FUCKING GROSS.

OH GOD. My family told me a story once where our uncle spit all the time, and it was just natural... then once, he accidentally spit... in the house.

Family not pleased with spot on carpet.

ShinobiXikyu
01-11-2011, 12:34 AM
It's better than cat vomit, I bet. X_X (There's a peeve of my boyfriends, and when my cat wasalive, even though we don't have carpet, mine too- his cat coughs up a lot of hairballs and pukes easily. But she NEVER pukes on their uncarpeted floor. She will literally move five feet from the hardwood to the rug, to hork on it.)

Buckshot Billie
01-11-2011, 12:42 AM
When I finish telling a story or stating something and the listener follows up with an eye-roll and, "Ooooooookay?" like I'm a total weirdo. What is that response supposed to accomplish? Really.

illusion838
01-11-2011, 12:51 AM
My peeve is when people feel they have the right to speak for me while I'm standing near said person ... :/ ... uh I have a voice of my own.

Ineedaname9
01-11-2011, 01:03 AM
People who just write of things with no proper backing. Like American Rap Music, I mean there are really some awesome rap songs out there but you'll never know cause you've rejected the genre.

A good (my opinion though) rap song: Just A Dream by Nelly
- Its about a guy who's girl has moved on, possibly his wife.

kittymutt
01-11-2011, 02:03 AM

As many others have said, I hate this too. :/ Although I love my friend, she does this pretty much 95% of the time. I usually end up asking her 20 + questions about her, because she never asks anything about me and my life in general. :(

Although I must say, it is quite funny watching two people who like to talk about themselves all the time try to have a conversation with each other. :)

Other pet peeves:

-- When a group of people stand in front of an entrance or door, to the point where you can barely get through. Then they proceed to give you a nasty look, like your the one who is doing something wrong, when they're the ones who picked a stupid spot to Jabber with their friends.

-- dull pencils. This one maybe a little weird, but I hate writing with a pencil that is dull. I always have to keep it sharp and pointy. (which is probably why I use mechanical now)

-- People who like to constantly tap on tables, books etc.

-- When people are overly attached to their cellphones. I hate this when I am hanging out with someone, and they proceed to text and check their cellphone every 5 seconds. I miss the days when I could just hangout with a person and it would be only them and myself. :(

-- Lastly, people using LOOSE for LOSE. :angry: No, it's not LOOSE weight, it's LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! I see this all the time and it bugs the crap out of me.

FunnyValentine
01-11-2011, 03:02 AM
^ LOL.

Ohhh man, this happens to me way too much, so annoying.

Codename Otacon
01-11-2011, 03:02 AM
When people Lick their fingers to open bags and flip pages!! Its gross!! I hate it when my Art Professor looks threw my sketch book, licking her fingers and leaving wet finger prints on it!! Also this worker at CVS couldn't open a bag and started to lick the bag. I mean lick it with her tongue. DX

Axelai
01-11-2011, 03:36 AM
I HATE HATE HATE it when people say something for sure when they don't know. Like... example conversation from my friend today.

Friend: I don't think your roommates would like you bringing a friend home randomly
Me: Just one roommate, and i don't think she'd mind
Friend: Wait, where do you live!? I thought you lived on campus
Me: Yes?
Friend: Then i couldn't stay with you >_> Its against the rules
Me: ...who said?
Friend: Well, i guess no one.
Me: ...then you didn't know it was against the rules...

.....its like... he didn't just ASSUME it was against the rules. He decided it was against the rules on his own assumption then said it was fact. I HATE THAT SO MUCH. Its one thing if he had said "Isn't that against the rules?" But no. He said "Thats against the rules." as if he knew. But he didn't, obviously, and was wrong.

I hate that... so much. HUGE PEEVE EUHHH

kiratsukai
01-11-2011, 04:14 AM
People who absolutely MUST be "in the know" about everything.

No matter what the conversation is about or how little interest they have in it, they immediately jump into every conversation with "Oh! I know about that!" or "I've heard of that!"

They'll go on acting a part of the conversation unless you ask them ANY question about the subject at hand to reveal that they really have no idea what you're talking about.

ex. Friend 1: "I want to cosplay Celes this winter."
Me: "Oh, you'd be a great Celes."
Friend 2 (who has never played a FF game in her life): "Yeah, you would! I love her, she's so pretty!"
Me: "Do you even know who Celes is?"
Friend 2: "Yeah... she's from Final Fantasy, she's that one with the fancy costume."
Me: "Which Final Fantasy?"
Friend 2: ".... seven?"
Me: "What color is her hair?
Friend 2: "..."

My best friend does it constantly on everything ranging from wine to endangered species to games and comic books and it drives me up the dammned wall.

If you don't know -- don't act like you know. If you NEED to be part of every conversation, ask questions about things you know jack shit about, don't just assume everyone will think you're a goober for not knowing about and being interested in everything they do or are.

Kilo
01-11-2011, 05:05 AM
The list is utterly endless, but I'll highlight a few:

Written/Spoken

The constant misuse of you're/your and they're/their/there and two/too/to. I actually pronounce all of them differently except for two/too/to, so when I read what someone has written on a forum (not this one, because I've not been here long, just in general) I get a verbal stutter in my head and have to say, "Wait, that's not right, what?"

The constant misuse of idiomatic expressions and general phrases. Like, "Remotely close". That doesn't even make sense. You can't be remote and close. Remote is the opposite of close. Or, "Have your cake and eat it, too." The phrase is, "Eat your cake and have it, too". The first makes no sense, obviously you'd have the cake and then eat the cake. You can't eat the cake and then still have the same cake, though, unless you've got a TARDIS.

The term "irregardless". It's not a word. Saying it makes you sound like a twit, and the ONLY time people ever say it (to me) is when they're trying to get uppity, and that is such an argument nullification that I just tune them out and go the rest of my day with the notion that they're total toolsheds.

Habits

Nail biting, mouth-breathing, chewing with your mouth open (are we four?), constant tapping, rapping, leg-shaking, lip-smacking - repetitive noises that people make. But the worst of all:

SPACE INVADING

Why is it that some people feel the need to hover within three inches of me when they're talking to me? Do I smell like freesia or lilac, honey and sun (http://cleoland.pbworks.com/w/page/10373763/Twilight#Freesia)? I mean, what is the BFD? And it isn't just me - I see it happen to people all over the place. Look, I don't know you from Adam, so why you're within kissing distance, I'm really not sure of, but when I turn my body away and have to stick a damn knee out to keep you from getting closer? That's a hint, Chester.

Viveeh
01-11-2011, 06:44 AM
People who smoke... I'm sorry.

LilMaibe
01-11-2011, 07:45 AM

what for?

Purfect*Rave
01-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Right now:
-As soon as people see the terms 'OC' and 'lemon' used in the description of a fanfiction, they scroll the page down. I'm pretty sure that's what's happening with mine, since I asked for reviews/critcism. Is it really that hard to get out of the standard pairings? D:

Blanko
01-11-2011, 08:41 AM
I second on the Playing/texting/tweeting on your phone constantly while we're out.

Viveeh
01-11-2011, 10:54 AM
what for?

I think I should've rather said 'people smoking', I have nothing against the people but I am very allergic to the smoke or asthmatic (they never find anything in hospital checks so I don't know), and whenever I have to inhale even a bit of cigarette smoke I get all shaky and can't breathe well, and that lasts for a long time. It's just the things it does to me that make me dislike it so much.

Codename Otacon
01-11-2011, 12:56 PM
People who absolutely MUST be "in the know" about everything.

No matter what the conversation is about or how little interest they have in it, they immediately jump into every conversation with "Oh! I know about that!" or "I've heard of that!"

They'll go on acting a part of the conversation unless you ask them ANY question about the subject at hand to reveal that they really have no idea what you're talking about.

ex. Friend 1: "I want to cosplay Celes this winter."
Me: "Oh, you'd be a great Celes."
Friend 2 (who has never played a FF game in her life): "Yeah, you would! I love her, she's so pretty!"
Me: "Do you even know who Celes is?"
Friend 2: "Yeah... she's from Final Fantasy, she's that one with the fancy costume."
Me: "Which Final Fantasy?"
Friend 2: ".... seven?"
Me: "What color is her hair?
Friend 2: "..."

My best friend does it constantly on everything ranging from wine to endangered species to games and comic books and it drives me up the dammned wall.

If you don't know -- don't act like you know. If you NEED to be part of every conversation, ask questions about things you know jack shit about, don't just assume everyone will think you're a goober for not knowing about and being interested in everything they do or are.

THIS!! It better if they keep their mouth shut then look stupid.

ToroSonyCat
01-11-2011, 01:07 PM
People who put no effort into spelling and grammar annoy me; at least try. I can't stand the "we're not in school, I can type how I want" excuse, just because you're not in school doesn't mean you should make yourself look like an uneducated idiot.

I have some really strange ones too like people who eat stuff in supermarkets before they've bought it, that really annoys me. Also, kids who run up to birds and scare them off. That annoys me since I was brought up not to do it.

Also, it's not really a pet peeve but I can't stand chewing gum. When people are chewing it around me it's just.. ugh.

nannyogg
01-11-2011, 07:37 PM
People who complain, complain, complain, but won't do anything to make the situation better.

Axelai
01-11-2011, 07:41 PM
I have some really strange ones too like people who eat stuff in supermarkets before they've bought it, that really annoys me.

OH GOD. I saw a girl once RETURNING A CAKE she took a bite from because she didn't like it. WTF.

I'm fine with people smoking, as long as they don't smoke near my friend Chelsea (whom had to be rushed to our hotel room to lie down and get her inhaler due to an asshole at a con who REFUSED to smoke somewhere away from her) or aren't a good friend of mine (so i won't worry about them dying).

rubyspitfire
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
i smoke occasionally if i'm around people who smoke, but generally i don't smoke around non-smokers or if i feel the need to i'll move a good distance away

back when i was smoking on a semi-regular basis, it would take me two weeks to go through a single pack. i only had like one cig a day

doxiequeen1
01-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I have asthma. I can't breath in smoke filled areas.

I was really excited about this job..but the lady was smoking IN THE CAR WITH THE WINDOWS CLOSED. Which is actually illegal in some areas in NY. (smoking with someone underaged in the car)

It's just rude and inconsiderable to smoke in public ares around people like myself with asthma. Not to mention they are just killing themselves.... sooo many people in my family have died because of lung cancer :'[

Yeah, smokers bother me.

Yukikittie
01-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Of course not all smokers are bad. ^^ My parents do not smoke in our house or around anybody. (Unless they are smoking as well.)
Plus they are trying hard to cut down and quit. Trust me, most smokers hate smoking. My parents hate it. xD

HomeDepot
01-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Sexism,especially in sports,

Mean people

and tail-gating

@kiratsukai, yeah, I think I read that somewhere.

Lithium Flower
01-11-2011, 09:48 PM
When people decide it's their business to try and get someone to stop smoking and argue "You're killing yourself!" and/or get high and mighty.... but don't say anything to their friends who's 500lbs and eating 6 cheeseburgers everyday because its 'rude'. It's okay to tell a smoker they're wrong, ban them doing shit in public places, and constantly belittle them but it's not okay to tell someone to put down the fork and shut their pie-hole. Standards much? It's really no ones business if someones smoking 6 packs a day or eating nothing but cake, get over it. You don't need to put yourself into other peoples lives. They have the right to stand on the street and puff away or light up in the goddamn SMOKING SECTION at a restaurant. Get out of other peoples lives and stop trying to make yourself feel better for being such a better person because you don't have such a ddddirrrrrtttyyyy habit.

(not directed at anyone just something that happened recently that's been on my noggin and pissing me off)

rubyspitfire
01-11-2011, 09:53 PM
When people decide it's their business to try and get someone to stop smoking and argue "You're killing yourself!" and/or get high and mighty.... but don't say anything to their friends who's 500lbs and eating 6 cheeseburgers everyday because its 'rude'. It's okay to tell a smoker they're wrong, ban them doing shit in public places, and constantly belittle them but it's not okay to tell someone to put down the fork and shut their pie-hole. Standards much? It's really no ones business if someones smoking 6 packs a day or eating nothing but cake, get over it. You don't need to put yourself into other peoples lives. They have the right to stand on the street and puff away or light up in the goddamn SMOKING SECTION at a restaurant. Get out of other peoples lives and stop trying to make yourself feel better for being such a better person because you don't have such a ddddirrrrrtttyyyy habit.

(not directed at anyone just something that happened recently that's been on my noggin and pissing me off)

500 pound people who eat 6 big macs a day are killing themselves just as fast as chain smokers, but smokers are easier to target because they're killing everyone else around them as well. that's why i don't feel so bad smoking around other smokers but generally refrain around those who don't... and i never smoke around my kid

Yukikittie
01-11-2011, 09:54 PM
When I make up words.
"Those are lies and blander!"
NO, I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHERE BLANDER CAME FROM.

When my father is in the bathroom for fifteen minutes, and I am waiting. Waiting in pain and fear that my bladder might explode.

Pee anxiety. I must pee before we leave ANYWHERE. Otherwise I am a nervous wreck and I can think about is that.

When I hop into the shower, and there is a spider staring right at me. I don't CARE if this is a warm sanctuary for you, meet your death of a shampoo bottle to the face while I scream like a little girl.

Extremely negative people. I understand, your life sucks and so does everything else in the world. COOL, stop ruining my happy mood.

When Stephen Colbert is upset. I saw his 11 o' clock show this evening (Reruns everyday) and in the first couple minutes he wasn't in character. He was paying his respects to the people who lost their lives in the Tucson shooting, and to the Congresswomen. Then he somewhat joked on how we shouldn't blame anyone but the crazy shooter, and it went to scenes of everyone blaming everybody. Afterwards he said, "Well, someone tell me who did it, because I feel like a fucking idiot." or something among those lines.... You could tell he felt disgusted that so soon people were quickly blaming others... And at the end of the show he just jumped out of his chair and went backstage quickly. Usually he stays and waves goodbye really cheerfully. You know you fucked up when Colbert is upset over this and not making any jokes.
...Just.... Really sad. :lost:

Republicans VS. Democrats
Can't we all just get along? Nothing EVER gets done because you two parties are at each other's throats so damn much! x_x I am so sick of it.

Tripping and falling on ice. Guilty of doing it this morning... I fell pretty hard too. I kinda hurt my left arm and I have scrapes all over my hand. Cars were slowing down to make sure I was standing back up. D'x

EDIT;

When people give me crazy looks when I say I love the smell of cigar smoke. You know the brand with the owls on it? I love that smell. My Grandpa would smoke it all the time when he was alive, and when I was smaller he baby sat me a lot. It's such a calming smell, but probably because it reminds me of my Grandpa, a lot.
Teehee, although I remember sometimes I would fake a cough so he would be like, "Are you okay, Sweety?" and put out his cigar or open a window... <333

^ Which brings me to another pet peeve.

Missing Grandparents/people who were close to you that died. God, if I just had more day...

Moonsong
01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
People who complain, complain, complain, but won't do anything to make the situation better.

This.

Odile
01-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Putting profits before common sense.

I'm in Queensland Australia right where all the flooding is happening, houses a few blocks from mine are underwater. The person in charge of my company's business performance ordered that we should trade today. They only changed their mind because the power grid to the CBD has been shut down while the river through the city is flooding.

ShinobiXikyu
01-11-2011, 11:32 PM
People who put no effort into spelling and grammar annoy me; at least try. I can't stand the "we're not in school, I can type how I want" excuse, just because you're not in school doesn't mean you should make yourself look like an uneducated idiot.

I have some really strange ones too like people who eat stuff in supermarkets before they've bought it, that really annoys me. Also, kids who run up to birds and scare them off. That annoys me since I was brought up not to do it.

Also, it's not really a pet peeve but I can't stand chewing gum. When people are chewing it around me it's just.. ugh.

Agreed on all of them. Though chewing gum doesn't tick me off, long as they're not making that cow face when they chew it.
But yeah. From age three I was reading and writing, and got correct English mercilessly drilled into me. Asa result, I DO NOT tolerate people who type like "OmFg Lolz u r 2 kyute"....
UGH. I've blocked people on msn for it.

And birds, ohhhhh yes. I just about belted a kid who did that to me in the park last summer. I love birds, birdwatch and have a big set of birdfeeders. And frequently feed birds and ducks in the park and such (the pigeons around here have gotten SO tame. They'll eat off your lap if you sprinle some crumbs around ^^. Lol, I drew a crowd once by getting a pigeon to perch on my lap and eat a bagel out of my hand)
It's obvious I'm feeding the birds, so why the hell do you feel the need to run through them and scare them off? Do I look at you eating and then run into your table, sending you flying and too freaked out to eat again? No. Don't do it to the damn animals.

illusion838
01-11-2011, 11:51 PM
When your supper comfy computer chair isn't so comfy any more :( mines starting to die on me and I don't want(have the money) to buy another chair yet, do you think stacking two slabs of beer on top of each other and using that as a chair a good temporary replacement.

sweetnsassy
01-12-2011, 12:39 AM
I'll be the first to admit that I can be an irritable person sometimes (know the old person who shouts "get off my lawn!"-that'll be me in a few decades). As a result, I have quite a few peeves, but I'd have to say the major ones are:
1) Lip smacking. I hate, hate, HATE when people smack their lips while chewing. It's disgusting and a sign of bad manners. I have a co-worker who does this and I have to put in my earbuds whenever she's eating something, I just cannot stand the sound. You would think that a woman in her fifties would know better.
2) While driving, people who pull out in front of you, or cut you off, then drive reallllly sllloooowwww. Gah, this pisses me off! If you get in front of me, then speed it up!
3) Also while driving, people who don't use the effing turning lane. Yea, that middle lane that has the curvy arrows in it is there for a reason!!!
4) On a very personal level, it really bugs me when people assume that because I'm hispanic, I speak spanish. It's really frustrating because I work with the public, and have had co-workers ask me to act as translator. I've never once said I am fluent in spanish; quite the opposite. So why the hell do you automatically assume that I understand what the hell someone is saying when it just sounds like gibberish to me? I don't automatically assume that someone of german descent speaks german, so don't assume the same thing about me.

I think I'd better stop now, because I can feel my heart rate going up. Feels good to get all that off my chest though.

Axelai
01-12-2011, 12:47 AM
4) On a very personal level, it really bugs me when people assume that because I'm hispanic, I speak spanish. It's really frustrating because I work with the public, and have had co-workers ask me to act as translator. I've never once said I am fluent in spanish; quite the opposite. So why the hell do you automatically assume that I understand what the hell someone is saying when it just sounds like gibberish to me? I don't automatically assume that someone of german descent speaks german, so don't assume the same thing about me.

I've got something related. People assume because i have lighter skin, i can't be mexican.

SPANISH WAS MY FIRST LANGUAGE. MOM'S MAIDEN NAME GUTIERREZ. FATHER'S MOM'S MAIDEN NAME WAS JARAMILLO.

/dies

ShinobiXikyu
01-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Got another one related to my prior post; when the neighborhood brats think it's a great sport to chuck mud and snowballs at my bird feeders. WITH BIRDS ON THEM.
They're lucky as hell I'd chucked out the dirty mopwater beforehand, or it would've come right back down on them. I swear, kids in this area have NO respect (I live in the bad neighborhood, where it's mostly welfare rats...).
(There's another pet peeve. I absolutely despise kids. Especially badly behaved and/or loud ones.)

sweetnsassy
01-12-2011, 01:07 AM
I've got something related. People assume because i have lighter skin, i can't be mexican.

SPANISH WAS MY FIRST LANGUAGE. MOM'S MAIDEN NAME GUTIERREZ. FATHER'S MOM'S MAIDEN NAME WAS JARAMILLO.

/dies

My brother goes through the same stuff sometimes. He has a very light complexion, and actually had blonde-ish hair and gray eyes when he was born (though they both darkened as he got older). I can only imagine what my nephew will go through when he gets older. My sister-in-law is white and he inherited her blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. No way people are going to think he's half hispanic. Hell, my parents (both fairly "brown") already get strange looks when they babysit him and take him out to stores. A lot of "did you kidnap that baby" stares.

☆ Kei ☆
01-12-2011, 02:12 AM

I have had people scream at me, because I wouldn't speak to them in Spanish. On the same scale, my mother has been told she's a horrible person and parent, because neither I, or my two siblings, speak Spanish, so she's obviously not teaching us to be proud of our culture and heritage. I'm Native American, and the only other blood I have is Norwegian and French/German. And yes, while I'd love for everyone to be color/race-blind, I'm proud of my heritage.

I live in a smaller Oregon city. Our Spanish speaking population is really small, so I have no idea where all these crazies come from. D:

FunnyValentine
01-12-2011, 02:28 AM
People that automatically assume Im Italian because Im white with brown hair. O.O!

Codename Otacon
01-12-2011, 02:40 AM

My brother goes through the same stuff sometimes. He has a very light complexion, and actually had blonde-ish hair and gray eyes when he was born (though they both darkened as he got older). I can only imagine what my nephew will go through when he gets older. My sister-in-law is white and he inherited her blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. No way people are going to think he's half hispanic. Hell, my parents (both fairly "brown") already get strange looks when they babysit him and take him out to stores. A lot of "did you kidnap that baby" stares.

I hate it when people say this to me; "Your Mexican!? How come your not dark brown and you don't have that stupid mexican accent?":/

I have had people scream at me, because I wouldn't speak to them in Spanish. On the same scale, my mother has been told she's a horrible person and parent, because neither I, or my two siblings, speak Spanish, so she's obviously not teaching us to be proud of our culture and heritage. I'm Native American, and the only other blood I have is Norwegian and French/German. And yes, while I'd love for everyone to be color/race-blind, I'm proud of my heritage.

I live in a smaller Oregon city. Our Spanish speaking population is really small, so I have no idea where all these crazies come from. D:

Whats really sad that I'm mexican and I can't speak spanish at all.

Aearon
01-12-2011, 02:58 AM
Everyone should just learn Basic. (English) >.> *Nods.* Either before or after the huge world war that finally unites the entire world under one government so that we can stand in unity against the aliens. *Nods again.* Viva Earth!

Axelai
01-12-2011, 04:48 AM

My dad looks VERY mexican, and my mom looks white. I have a pale brown skin (like, it looks normal white person color until you put me next to someone white... then you can tell my skin is a light brown rather than pink) and greenish blue eyes... @ . @;; I dont look anything like my mexican side of the family.

Whats really sad that I'm mexican and I can't speak spanish at all.

My first language was Spanish, but i forgot it... lol.

Yukikittie
01-12-2011, 06:48 AM
When we don't have a snow day.
I am okay with a two hour delay, don't get me wrong. But the snow's probably not going to stop even if you clear the roads. And we have an early dismissal. So you're pretty much taking four hours out of my regular school day. That means I only have three hours for five classes.
Yeah, not seeing much getting accomplished even if we go~! xD

EDIT: MOTHERFUCKING SNOWDAY, HOW I LOVE YOU SO. 8'D

Yukikittie
01-12-2011, 06:49 AM

I can teach you basic Spanish to some degree! >8D

rubyspitfire
01-12-2011, 09:49 AM
facebook allowing people to tag you in photos when you have them blocked. seriously. blocked means "no contact of any kind" and people can still talk to you by tagging you in photos, especially when the photo is actually a drawing with text

toshirua3846384
01-12-2011, 10:24 AM
I have some new ones that i want to add for my pet peeves

1.xbox live- lets face it, it sucks

2.when people mistake the "baby's changing room" for a "fitting room" at new york and company.

3. the jersey "poof" or the "bump it" ( can i say more, it looks straight out of mars attacks):alien:

4. when your in the bathroom fixing yourself up ( i.e your hair and makeup) and having strange people starring at you when they use the sink next to you, then when you notice that they are doing it they pretend that they weren't doing it in the first place. really.. you were just looking at me for the longest ever and then i return a glance at you and then you freak out....:eeek:

5. Shutter sun glasses in broad day light, it just look so weird if your at h.e.b with them on.

6. Unnecessary loud music that from 1967, i mean yea " i am the walrus" was cool long time ago but when played on a acoustic guitar at all hours it makes me want to go rouge.

7. i hate it when arcades are replaced by horrible cheap and tacky clothing stores. I love fashionable wear but its like insult to injury when a nice arcade is replaced by a not even decent clothing store boutique.

SourCherryTwist
01-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Everyone should just learn Basic. (English) >.> *Nods.* Either before or after the huge world war that finally unites the entire world under one government so that we can stand in unity against the aliens. *Nods again.* Viva Earth!

no, screw english! learning it was the hardest thing I ever had to do! as for a universal language, anyone remember....esparanto?

Aearon
01-12-2011, 10:55 AM
But, you 'did' learn it. =) So, you're clear.

SourCherryTwist
01-12-2011, 11:03 AM
But, you 'did' learn it. =) So, you're clear.

pfffft. ok. wait till you HEAR me speak. I type pretty, but I sure as hell talk pretty.

Alyxiane
01-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Adding to the recent race =/= language topic, I've had plenty of experiences where people tend to mistaken me as Chinese instead of Filipino. It's not necessarily a pet peeve of mine actually since I'm just naturally passive UNLESS if the people are clearly making a mockery of it. >___<; Thankfully, it was just that one time in France and I'm living in the liberal and more open-minded Bay Area so I'd be more surprised if I encounter something similar to what happened in France.

I do have a pet peeve on those who act very inappropriately within the environment they're in. And this mixes in with inappropriately loud people that don't seem to know and understand when to shut up and just be quiet so they wouldn't have a bad impression on people. (Double points if I happen to associate with them in anyway.) D:

Codename Otacon
01-12-2011, 12:04 PM

I can understand spanish but I can't speak it(Weird huh?)I also get teased by my family some of them put this song as a ringtone when I call:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wavpWRK6IX8

Really annoying...

New Pet Peeve:

I hang out with different hispanics and they get mad when someone thinks of them as Mexican because they speak Spanish.

"They are other countries too that speak Spanish, not just Mexico!!"

Remember that you guys!!

Hetalia-Chan
01-12-2011, 12:17 PM
New Pet Peeve:

I hang out with different hispanics and they get mad when someone thinks of them as Mexican because they speak Spanish.

"They are other countries too that speak Spanish, not just Mexico!!"

Remember that you guys!!

Like us asians...I don't like when people look at us as a group of Chinese when we are Japanese.

I was at the mall with some friends and this women looked at us.

Women--"Oh!! That Chinese girl has a cute jacket!! Excuse me, where did you get that jacket?"

My friend--"....In Japan and I'm not Chinese..."

Women--"Oh sorry!! You asians look alike!!"

Kildread
01-12-2011, 12:38 PM
facebook allowing people to tag you in photos when you have them blocked. seriously. blocked means "no contact of any kind" and people can still talk to you by tagging you in photos, especially when the photo is actually a drawing with text

That's wierd, I was under the impression you could only tag someone if they were in your friends list. Otherwise it gave only a name with no link to the profile.

Aearon
01-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Another peeve... People that smoke tobacco or marijuana a lot in hoodies / sweat shirt/pants material... And then get in close proximity to me... That stuff is disgusting. Though, the pot smell is significantly worse than the tobacco.

Axelai
01-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I can teach you basic Spanish to some degree! >8D

CIAO. QUANTO COSTA?

Wait. Thats Italian.

HOLA. COMO ESTAS?

Yeah, but you can untag yourself. And if you do that, they can't tag you again on said picture.

I can understand spanish but I can't speak it(Weird huh?)

I'm sorta the same way with Spanish and Japanese. I can understand Spanish when my family speaks it. And with Japanese, i can read and understand it, but i can't read it aloud nor can i speak it. (I just end up recognizing enough kanji and words to understand the sentence).

rubyspitfire
01-12-2011, 01:46 PM
That's wierd, I was under the impression you could only tag someone if they were in your friends list. Otherwise it gave only a name with no link to the profile.

they've had a bug where if someone was on your friend's list before and you remove them, it doesn't actually remove them

Yeah, but you can untag yourself. And if you do that, they can't tag you again on said picture.

oh i did, but it's just frustrating that it could happen in the first place

i wish she would just MOVE ON and stop stalking me, since she was the one who decided she was done with me and not the other way around

Yukikittie
01-12-2011, 01:47 PM
CIAO. QUANTO COSTA?

Wait. Thats Italian.

HOLA. COMO ESTAS?

I can speak Italian! *Puts on mustache*

ĦBEIN! ?Tengo tres gatos rosa? 8D
ĦMe gustan gatos!

When after falling down on the ice, I find a bruise on my butt from where I fell. NOW SITTING IS SO PAINFUL.

Flora88
01-12-2011, 01:55 PM
The Jonas Brothers' cover of "Build Me Up, Buttercup." Damn you, Jonas Brothers.

Yukikittie
01-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Like us asians...I don't like when people look at us as a group of Chinese when we are Japanese.

I was at the mall with some friends and this women looked at us.

Women--"Oh!! That Chinese girl has a cute jacket!! Excuse me, where did you get that jacket?"

My friend--"....In Japan and I'm not Chinese..."

Women--"Oh sorry!! You asians look alike!!"
Okay. I'm just going to say that I can't tell AT ALL what country of origin Asians are from. While I would never say something like that lady said, I can't tell the difference. So you can't get completely angry if people can't tell you apart from Chinese/Korean people and other countries that I am too lazy to name now.
I don't want to come off as rude, but growing up in a town of mostly white people and barely any variety of races... I don't see many Asians up close. ^^;; If there is a difference, I can't tell. c:
It's the same for white people. I can't tell if you're Russian or English. All you people look the same!
Really... I can only tell from names. Otherwise I am a lost sheep.

sam vimes
01-12-2011, 02:05 PM
The Jonas Brothers' cover of "Build Me Up, Buttercup." Damn you, Jonas Brothers.

I hope they follow it up with "Sweet Caroline" and " Cracklin' Rose."

sam vimes
01-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Okay. I'm just going to say that I can't tell AT ALL what country of origin Asians are from. While I would never say something like that lady said, I can't tell the difference. So you can't get completely angry if people can't tell you apart from Chinese/Korean people and other countries that I am too lazy to name now.
I don't want to come off as rude, but growing up in a town of mostly white people and barely any variety of races... I don't see many Asians up close. ^^;; If there is a difference, I can't tell. c:
It's the same for white people. I can't tell if you're Russian or English. All you people look the same!
Really... I can only tell from names. Otherwise I am a lost sheep.

So you expect others to automatically understand your shortcomings?

How about this: don't bring up race at all when it's not a necessary part of a conversation. If you absolutely find yourself unable to do so, keep it broad. Try "Asian" and go no further than that unless instructed.

Yukikittie
01-12-2011, 02:27 PM
So you expect others to automatically understand your shortcomings?

How about this: don't bring up race at all when it's not a necessary part of a conversation. If you absolutely find yourself unable to do so, keep it broad. Try "Asian" and go no further than that unless instructed.

No, I wouldn't expect people to automatically understand me.
And of course, I never bring up race when I'm talking to someone. o_e I don't see why you ever would unless you were close to that person and they wouldn't mind. It's extremely rude to say that otherwise.
Anyway, I didn't mean it as I'll openly say that I don't know what race you are because I don't know. Or that it's right to just call someone Chinese, Korean, or Japanese because that's what you think they are.
I meant it as, don't get mad at everyone who can't tell what race you are. Because I can't, and I can't help it. It's not like I'm saying it to be rude. I just can't tell the difference. I'm ignorant, I can't tell apart anyones race except for White, African, Indian, or Asian. It's not like I'm like this with just Asians. It's the same with the Whities, and I am white.

ToroSonyCat
01-12-2011, 03:19 PM

Did you block and delete the person that keeps tagging you?
You should delete them as a friend and they shouldn't be able to tag you.
After all, if you have them blocked and don't want them to contact you, why keep them on your friends list?

Kilo
01-12-2011, 04:44 PM

If you go by Whedon 'verse, the "basic" language would be Chinese - and economically speaking, I'd daresay it's the closest to accurate. I do think it's pathetic that American public schooling stops at French and Spanish, and only requires a meager semester of it to complete your courses. I struggled to locate areas here where Russian and German were taught, and when I did the classes were incomprehensibly expensive. I ended up with college French and Spanish (Castellano) but compared to what I'd know if I'd been taking an alternate course since gradeschool, it's utterly pathetic.

And for what it's worth, I've been able to accurately differentiate between the Asian racial divisions for a while, but a lot of it came from working at a place that catered to the city's Vietnamese, Filipino, Japanese, and Chinese population. The Koreans not so much because where I lived didn't have a big concentration of them, but to me they actually do look different. My boss was Chinese and his best friend was Vietnamese; we had customers who literally couldn't tell them apart, and I could never see how. Their names alone were culturally different, but Christ, everything about their facial structure was different, too. And holy shit, I've never seen a Filipino person who could have been mistaken for a Japanese person.

I don't fault people for not being able to identify it, because you're absolutely right - it doesn't matter, it shouldn't matter, and for people who grow up in whitebread communities with very little cultural diversity, of course they've just never been around enough people to know. In polite conversation the issue of race shouldn't ever come up, but I can understand curiosity which shouldn't be mistaken for ignorance, but there are ways to ask without sounding like an asshat. (King of the Hill - "So are you Chinese or Japanese?" "We're LAOTION. WE'RE FROM A LAND-LOCKED COUNTRY IN SOUTHEAST ASIA!" "....so, are you Chinese or Japanese?")

Could I tell the difference between a Russian, Ukranian, Latvian, Estonian, or Lithuanian? Without at least a few months of exposure to the different people from the cultures, hell no. But on the map the countries are all super side-by-side, so I mean if I were the normal standard of person who didn't know and didn't care, I could definitely see myself making some ignorant comment.

FunnyValentine
01-12-2011, 04:54 PM
I have some new ones that i want to add for my pet peeves

1.xbox live- lets face it, it sucks

2.when people mistake the "baby's changing room" for a "fitting room" at new york and company.

3. the jersey "poof" or the "bump it" ( can i say more, it looks straight out of mars attacks):alien:

People that believe MTV is accurate in it's way of porttraying New Jersey. Nobody here has hair that f***ing stupid. Everyone hated pur state enough, but no, that wasn't enough, MTV had to multiply it.

Codename Otacon
01-12-2011, 05:19 PM
In polite conversation the issue of race shouldn't ever come up, but I can understand curiosity which shouldn't be mistaken for ignorance, but there are ways to ask without sounding like an asshat. (King of the Hill - "So are you Chinese or Japanese?" "We're LAOTION. WE'RE FROM A LAND-LOCKED COUNTRY IN SOUTHEAST ASIA!" "....so, are you Chinese or Japanese?")

I agree on this. Now lets stop talk about race and get on with it. Its getting out of control :/

Axelai
01-12-2011, 06:06 PM
oh i did, but it's just frustrating that it could happen in the first place

i wish she would just MOVE ON and stop stalking me, since she was the one who decided she was done with me and not the other way around

Euh. I bet THATS annoying @___@;

I can speak Italian! *Puts on mustache*

ĦBEIN! ?Tengo tres gatos rosa? 8D
ĦMe gustan gatos!

....HOLA :D

toshirua3846384
01-12-2011, 06:31 PM
People that believe MTV is accurate in it's way of porttraying New Jersey. Nobody here has hair that f***ing stupid. Everyone hated pur state enough, but no, that wasn't enough, MTV had to multiply it.

In all honesty i feel sorry for the people who think anyone from jersey is like that. i mean i bet it sucks completely; its rather sad that it only had to take eight people who act crazy/trampish/and trifling twenty four seven to set a new "stigma/stereotype" of how people are there. But
*puts on devil advocate hat*- i still enjoy watching people make total asses of themselves. some times i wonder what are they thinking?

acostory
01-12-2011, 06:34 PM
One pet peeve of mine that just won't go away is when people pronounce things wrong. I don't know why, it just irks the crap out of me :<

Yukikittie
01-12-2011, 06:40 PM
....HOLA :D
GATOS!

One pet peeve of mine that just won't go away is when people pronounce things wrong. I don't know why, it just irks the crap out of me :<
Teehee.
Let's hope we never meet IRL. :'D

bodatheyoda
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM
/start rant
One of my pet peeves is bad grammar. I don't mind a few wrong words or mispronounced. But when you have no grasp for the English language (or whatever language you speak where you are from) it is sad...very sad. Best example is a woman I work with. There's that simple question: How come blah blah blah. She askes: Well hows come...WTF there is no s...I can't stand ghetto talk either. That's the most surefire way of showing your lack of intelligence. (I'm not calling out races either...every race has people that do the ghetto talk >.<)

As far as apperences I HATE people who have nasty hands...don't ask me why I notice them but I do. When their hands are all dry and cracked and peely...it's nasty lol. Short fingernails that people chew waaaaaay down are also gross.

Nasty teeth gross me out too >.< lol

oh and loud annoying kids you would love to go to jail for child abuse if it meant punching them in their annoying faces. ( I meant like young teens...13-15) STFU!
done!
/end rant

Axelai
01-12-2011, 06:51 PM
I all honesty i feel sorry for the people who think anyone from jersey is like that. i mean i bet it sucks completely; its rather sad that it only had to take eight people who act crazy/trampish/and trifling twenty four seven to set a new "stigma/stereotype" of how people are there. But
*puts on devil advocate hat*- i still enjoy watching people make total asses of themselves. some times i wonder what are they thinking?

That really sucks people are stupid enough to think EVERYONE in NJ is like that. I love watching Jersey Shore to see people make idiots of themselves, but i know not everyone is like that.

*puts on my WW2 cap* I'm the Pronunciation Nazi. See that? ProNUNciation is how you proNOUNce it. *peeve* xD

/start rant
One of my pet peeves is bad grammar. I don't mind a few wrong words or mispronounced. But when you have no grasp for the English language (or whatever language you speak where you are from) it is sad...very sad. Best example is a woman I work with. There's that simple question: How come blah blah blah. She askes: Well hows come...WTF there is no s...I can't stand ghetto talk either. That's the most surefire way of showing your lack of intelligence. (I'm not calling out races either...every race has people that do the ghetto talk >.<)

I tend to use bad grammar while speaking ;A; But thats because English isn't my first language, and i don't have the best grasp on it. I can speak in mostly perfect grammar online, though, since i have a chance to look it over before i hit reply. But IRL, i tend to... grammar fail.

Yukikittie
01-12-2011, 07:07 PM
( I meant like young teens...13-15) STFU!
done!
/end rant
T__T

toshirua3846384
01-12-2011, 07:36 PM
/start rant

As far as apperences I HATE people who have nasty hands...don't ask me why I notice them but I do. When their hands are all dry and cracked and peely...it's nasty lol. Short fingernails that people chew waaaaaay down are also gross.

Nasty teeth gross me out too >.< lol

oh and loud annoying kids you would love to go to jail for child abuse if it meant punching them in their annoying faces. ( I meant like young teens...13-15) STFU!
done!
/end rant

^ i guess getting old is not on your to-do list O x O", old people can't help but to have hands like that. hmm now that i think about it; i think there was a seinfield episode about that,except it involves a female with "man hands".

oh yea i wanted to add some more since this thread is going so well

1. People eating grapes at the super market that are not for samples.
-----adding to that--------
b. People opening up merchandise at the grocery store and eating it in plain sight. ( O x O") its so bold.......

2. Those one plain white beer shirts that have the typical female in a bikini that over aged orange bald tan men like to wear at a juice shop or the beach. Lets face it; its not cute and it just screams douche.

3. Babies that stare at you, (" O x O)-------(o x O) i think it can be pretty creepy especially when they look mad for some reason.

4. People who wear animal "beanie caps" to school; and they wonder why they're getting laughed at.

5. That one guy called "the situation" from the MTV show Jersey Shore. Hes like thirty or something right? Hes a little bit old acting like that don't you think. Kinda embarrassing to as he constantly refers to him self in third person.

6. People who walk too slow in a public place like the mall, its annoying. And its really funny when they know someones trying to get around them and when they eventually do get around them the people who were walking slow start to have a attitude problem.

7. PeOplE WHO tYpE LiK DiZZzzz oR tExT lIk dAt <---*phew* man i cramped more finger joints then i did playing Elder Scrolls typing in such an obnoxious format. I just don't get why sometimes people do that. Its like they're trying to show that they have time to type like this which proves nothing i might add, except the fact that they are complete f.u.b.a.r.b.e.d. funions- for a lack of a better abbreviation.

FunnyValentine
01-12-2011, 07:47 PM
In all honesty i feel sorry for the people who think anyone from jersey is like that. i mean i bet it sucks completely; its rather sad that it only had to take eight people who act crazy/trampish/and trifling twenty four seven to set a new "stigma/stereotype" of how people are there. But

Haha. I wasnt attacking you. Its just annoying to hear when Im from Jersey, pale as anything, and not a moron. :P

rubyspitfire
01-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Did you block and delete the person that keeps tagging you?
You should delete them as a friend and they shouldn't be able to tag you.
After all, if you have them blocked and don't want them to contact you, why keep them on your friends list?

um, she hasn't been on my friends list for 3 months now. like i said before, i think fb has a bug that doesn't let you actually delete people

toshirua3846384
01-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Haha. I wasnt attacking you. Its just annoying to hear when Im from Jersey, pale as anything, and not a moron. :P

lol yea i know , don't worry about it. I have a friend from there and she really hates it because everyone ask her if every female acts and looks like snooki and are DTF ( which means down to *ahem*) well you know. I find it so mad rude that people do that. I guess many people lack better common sense.

bodatheyoda
01-12-2011, 08:36 PM
T__T

You know the ones I mean...it's mostly boys. Stupid...stupid boys. 13 is older than the ones I see sometimes...it starts as early as 9. They just say stupid stuff to try to be funny and because they think they are amazing but deep down I wish to see them eating mud...ha

Kildread
01-12-2011, 08:49 PM
You know the ones I mean...it's mostly boys. Stupid...stupid boys. 13 is older than the ones I see sometimes...it starts as early as 9. They just say stupid stuff to try to be funny and because they think they are amazing but deep down I wish to see them eating mud...ha

Yes! Even worse when all they ramble about are internet memes (In *real life*, which makes it even worse than on the internet to begin with).

I entertain vague imagery of them jumping off the bridge over the local river, it makes me feel warm inside and blocks off the inanity.

sweetnsassy
01-12-2011, 09:00 PM
I usually imagine them coming down with a sudden and permanent case of laryngitis. I like the bridge scenario more though :)

bodatheyoda
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Another thing I hate is the term 'hella' It makes me wanna vomit. Whenever someone speaks that word I...I just end up hating life.

Flora88
01-12-2011, 11:46 PM
5. That one guy called "the situation" from the MTV show Jersey Shore. Hes like thirty or something right? Hes a little bit old acting like that don't you think. Kinda embarrassing to as he constantly refers to him self in third person.

What's even stranger to me is that he and Bristol Palin are about to embark on an "Abstinence is the way to go!" sort of project. Really, The Situation? Really?

toshirua3846384
01-13-2011, 12:58 AM
What's even stranger to me is that he and Bristol Palin are about to embark on an "Abstinence is the way to go!" sort of project. Really, The Situation? Really?

^^LOL:crylaugh: are you serious, man thats like total blasphemy to everything he stands for. Because in the next episode hes talking about having a freaking threesome with some strange women he hasn't even met yet, and now he's flipped the switch and hes rolling with the palin's?! Wow. Im at loss for any plausible word in the English language. What's next Snooki for Senator?

Knowing on how this is surely going to back fire right in both respective parties faces im going to sit back and watch them self destruct as they climb their way through publicity, because we all know this is what it is.:skidude2:

popcorn and pocky anyone :bigtu:

--------------edit*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyWKlxNAh30

here's their ad for it, and now all i can say is it now sucks for "the situation" only because if he continues on living the "shore-style" life he's going to be considered "flaky" for participating in one thing and then doing another thing that would go completely against it.

Lithium Flower
01-13-2011, 01:02 AM
That I am constantly being reminded I am sharing close proximity with my mother.

Not by other people but by the fact I wake up to her on the phone (she works from home) and go to bed to her snoring and telling me to turn out the light on my side of the room. That's fine, your trying to sleep and what not. Gravy.

However she goes to sleep at like, 8pm @___@ here I am all happy on my laptop playing some Clock Tower and BAM. There she is. 8pm. "Turn off the lights. Turn off the sound. I can hear the keyboard clicking. Is that light on low? Did you go use the bathroom,it was loud" After 3 months within 3 feet of each-other for most of the day I am starting to get quite agitated. Little things like her constantly dramatically sighing very loudly in the complete silence are starting to become things that piss me off. Even the sound of her voice has made me cringe lately.

I know it's not easy for her either, but sometimes I wish she'd get the hint and just kind of piss off for a little bit. Go work at the office for a few hours or something christ just go awwwaaaay. I'll go to my friends house, my boyfriends place, out with the home-slices, even my sisters and her husbands house and won't want to go back home just because I am getting so goddamn sick of not having privacy.

Flora88
01-13-2011, 01:06 AM
^^LOL:crylaugh: are you serious, man thats like total blasphemy to everything he stands for. Because in the next episode hes talking about having a freaking threesome with some strange women he hasn't even met yet, and now he's flipped the switch and hes rolling with the palin's?! Wow. Im at loss for any plausible word in the English language. What's next Snooki for Senator?

Knowing on how this is surely going to back fire right in both respective parties faces im going to sit back and watch them self destruct as they climb their way through publicity, because we all know this is what it is.:skidude2:

popcorn and pocky anyone :bigtu:

--------------edit*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyWKlxNAh30

here's their ad for it, and now all i can say is it now sucks for "the situation" only because if he continues on living the "shore-style" life he's going to be considered "flaky" for participating in one thing and then doing another thing that would go completely against it.

Well...Snooki is apparently a published novelist. lol. I've seen the future of America, and the future is tan.

toshirua3846384
01-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Well...Snooki is apparently a published novelist. lol. I've seen the future of America, and the future is tan.

Ahhh gawd, i think im going to have to flee the country:lost:, or have my dad rejoin the embassy again so i can get out of here before that happens. I can't bare the thought of some short person that loves to use the adjectives gorilla juice heads. OH dear perish the thought
("> x <)

Ineedaname9
01-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Pet Peeve: Stupid rules.

Rule at my College: A financial aid student must attend the first two weeks of classes no matter the circumstances.

Why: I have bronchitis and I have to go to class or I will be dropped from all my classes, owe them money, and lose all my credits. Stupid, stupid school. The fact I threw up in one class, passed out in another, and am getting everyone else in the school sick means nothing to you? I have a doctors note....

((My school is by semester, so new term is every semester.))

Axelai
01-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Stop hatin on my Snooki. I love her and her big... boobies.

Ritsu H Saotome
01-13-2011, 02:20 AM
Pet Peeve: Stupid rules.

Rule at my College: A financial aid student must attend the first two weeks of classes no matter the circumstances.

Why: I have bronchitis and I have to go to class or I will be dropped from all my classes, owe them money, and lose all my credits. Stupid, stupid school. The fact I threw up in one class, passed out in another, and am getting everyone else in the school sick means nothing to you? I have a doctors note....

((My school is by semester, so new term is every semester.))
That sounds like the school is setting itself up for a date in court.

Flora88
01-13-2011, 02:20 AM
New pet peeve: PayPal.

Wtf, PayPal? I'm LOOKING at my bank account. I've got plenty of money. Don't try to deny my payment for a $3.00 item.

Ineedaname9
01-13-2011, 02:40 AM
That sounds like the school is setting itself up for a date in court.

Broke college student of FA can't afford a lawyer...might be why they get away with it. Idk...

My brain hurts...new pet peeve. Non-detachable body parts....

Flora88
01-13-2011, 02:41 AM
'Kay, so I just bought a $25.00 vest AFTER my payment for a $3.00 string of beads was denied. WTF, PAYPAL?!

jaguarlineman
01-13-2011, 02:45 AM
Pet peeve:

1. People who cause awkward situations for the sake of it. They do exactly the things that you do NOT want them to do just because.

2. I am on the boat with correct spelling and grammar while texting. Poor punctuation gets abused and abandoned.

3. Lastly, I wish that I could do anything and not worry even slightly about the view of the public "eye." For example, I wish I could cosplay, but I would have to get over the fear of embarrasment.

I am done. Hope to eventually go to a con. Maybe college will provide that chance this fall.

Kilo
01-13-2011, 05:08 AM

The commercial will be effective because people will think if they have sex they're going to end up sounding like those two.

Speaking of Bristol and her lack of acting, did anyone see the clips from the Secret Life of an American Teenager or whatever it was she was on? Girl sounded like she was reading (poorly) from a line feed on a teleprompter off-camera. I mean, seriously, there are dudes stuck in dumpsters who could have given a more convincing performance and would have been more deserving of the cash flow generated by it.

toshirua3846384
01-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Stop hatin on my Snooki. I love her and her big... boobies.

What a odd yet slightly typical reason why people love snooki...(O x O") jkjk i'm not hating on her as a person, i just can't stand the type of vocabulary she uses to describe a person, like "gorrilla juice head G****", <----that the thing i can't like about her, but shes small like really really chibi sized if you look at her lol.

toshirua3846384
01-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Pet peeve:

1. People who cause awkward situations for the sake of it. They do exactly the things that you do NOT want them to do just because.

2. I am on the boat with correct spelling and grammar while texting. Poor punctuation gets abused and abandoned.

3. Lastly, I wish that I could do anything and not worry even slightly about the view of the public "eye." For example, I wish I could cosplay, but I would have to get over the fear of embarrasment.

I am done. Hope to eventually go to a con. Maybe college will provide that chance this fall.

^^ sorry for the double post

I guess your not a fan of larry david ,because he just about does everything on purpose when it comes to embarrassing people. He loves to "tap" or "mash" that button that everyone doesn't want pushed. Oh and i don't think you have to worry too much of what the "public eye" thinks when you go out and cosplay. Im not saying everywhere is a ok place to do it, but heck i saw a cosplayer at wall mart just a few weeks ago( and this is wal mart we are talking about) and he was pretty safe. Sure he got some awkward stares but those were stares of obvious curiosity really, not the stares of "i'm going to shank you and burn your polyfiber wig." Just go do it with a group of people if your really want too.

---back on topic about my pet peeves------

1. i can't stand it when people at subway mess up a simple order, especially when im right in front of them.

2. Juggalos- its more like jugga-no no's if you ask me; i saw some the other day at the most un-likely place; Olive Garden ( O x O). They actually let the people in even though one was in face paint. All i can say is that babies cried, women clutched their purses even more than usual, and i was slightly annoyed. They look freakin crazy with that face paint and their loud sailor talk.

3. peggy hill from "king of the hill". Not only does she butchers the Spanish language effortlessly but shes just plain weird to me, especially her enthusiasm. Where does grandma hair get this all from?

4. The fact that it's supposed to be weird if your a girl and you play bayonetta. I own, enjoyed, and played that game. It was a great game! The epic mythology looking statue monsters, the bird like angels, and the game play itself was excellent. Its not just purely fanservice, it's just a new creative way of getting things done like a true bad ass. And the game itself is not at the least bit easy; not unless you play on "Mummy Mode", otherwise can be really really hard in general. Ive still have yet to complete the game with pure platinum across the board.

5. Birds ( except owls)- i hate them, or shall i say "loathe" them. They're annoying with their tweeting and squawking day in and day out! Especially where i reside. It makes me want to shake that horrid tree of their's in till their nest falls and breaks apart.:miffed:

6. Gamestop customers and the people who are at the manga/ dungeons and dragons strategy guide section in Barnes and Nobles- I know this itself is weird, but it seems that if your dress nicely, a great looking female, and not exactly wearing "gamer or anime gear" you are looked at like a total menace to society if you come in. And they often go in total man bear pig mode. The glares only cease to continue when you have bought 12-14 games at gamestop or a hell of a lot of mangas at that section of barnes and noble. After that they have a total "what happened" look on their face.:untrust:

Axelai
01-13-2011, 02:12 PM
What a odd yet slightly typical reason why people love snooki...(O x O") jkjk i'm not hating on her as a person, i just can't stand the type of vocabulary she uses to describe a person, like "gorrilla juice head G****", <----that the thing i can't like about her, but shes small like really really chibi sized if you look at her lol.

My mom called her a busty midget XD;;

I don't know, I'm so entertained by her, i can't help but love her.

Yukikittie
01-13-2011, 02:34 PM

Oh no I pretty much knew what you meant since every day I see these people. I can completely relate to you. xD

sam vimes
01-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Stop hatin on my Snooki.

Why? She's a completely stupid human being. It disgusts me to my very core that MTV gave her a platform to shout her idiocy to the stars. She had no value whatsoever. People who give her credit for "speaking her mind" may as well be cheering on a six year old screaming curses on the playground; that's the level of sophistication we're dealing with. Her only skill, it seems, is not wearing underwear.

That show is trash, the people on it are trash, and it's part of the dumbing down of the human race.

Ritsu H Saotome
01-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Broke college student of FA can't afford a lawyer...might be why they get away with it. Idk...

My brain hurts...new pet peeve. Non-detachable body parts....
They're getting away with it because something extreme hasn't happened yet.

Yukikittie
01-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Pet peeve:
Getting into a stupid bicker with a friend of a friend.
I've just been in a bad mood, and there is this guy that I really don't like. He's just...so annoying, always either talking dirty, internet memes, or just not being serious. So as we were leaving school, by our lockers... He gave a nazi salute and I called him out on it. The convo went like this;
Boy: *Does salute*
Me: Dude, knock it off. Some people will find that offensive.
Boy: Oh yeah, well this is America, freedom of religion!
Me: And I have the right to to tell you that you should stop doing it.
Boy: Well then suck my nuts!
Me: I would- IF YOU HAD ANY!

Then he left and I just silently put away my things raging. =_= UGH, I hate losing my cool.

sam vimes
01-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Boy: Oh yeah, well this is America, freedom of religion!

That is, without a doubt, the most wrong-headed and stupid thing I've heard all day.

Yukikittie
01-13-2011, 04:28 PM
That is, without a doubt, the most wrong-headed and stupid thing I've heard all day.
My behavior was also childish and immature, but jesus I just wanted to smack him after those words came out of his mouth. D;

toshirua3846384
01-13-2011, 04:51 PM
My behavior was also childish and immature, but jesus I just wanted to smack him after those words came out of his mouth. D;

you know depending on how your school is and if enough people saw it, he could get into trouble. Doing a heil hitler salute is not "freedom of religion". Just putting it out there.

Yukikittie
01-13-2011, 04:56 PM
you know depending on how your school is and if enough people saw it, he could get into trouble. Doing a heil hitler salute is not "freedom of religion". Just putting it out there.

Oh, I know perfectly damn well that it isn't freedom of religion, in fact that was what kinda pissed me off the most was how...arrogant/fucking retarded his response was. (Totally not directing my anger at you, just at the boy who I fought with.)
I have no idea what our schools rules are when it comes to heiling. Probably nothing positive though.

Axelai
01-13-2011, 06:49 PM

I would have smacked him. If i were brought into the office for assault, I'd tell them i was Jewish. Even if i'm not.

I have no idea what our schools rules are when it comes to heiling. Probably nothing positive though.

I'm pretty sure any right minded school would do SOMETHING to him. If you tell them you were really offended, family died in Holocaust, etc. Really juice it up.

Lithium Flower
01-13-2011, 06:49 PM

This is 'Merica, where the nations children are under the impression people will give in to their attention whoring and then grow into adults who pass laws insisting on it.

FunnyValentine
01-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Why? She's a completely stupid human being. It disgusts me to my very core that MTV gave her a platform to shout her idiocy to the stars. She had no value whatsoever. People who give her credit for "speaking her mind" may as well be cheering on a six year old screaming curses on the playground; that's the level of sophistication we're dealing with. Her only skill, it seems, is not wearing underwear.

That show is trash, the people on it are trash, and it's part of the dumbing down of the human race.

*applause* That is all.

Axelai
01-13-2011, 07:08 PM

But she's got tits.

Clyde_2.0
01-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Okay... I'm a little confused here. What is this Jersey Shore thing even about?

*doesn't watch tv at all*

Kildread
01-13-2011, 08:18 PM

Doesn't it seems like this is the entire purpose of MTV?

Axelai
01-13-2011, 08:21 PM

Idiots being idiots.

Flora88
01-13-2011, 08:55 PM

This, pretty much. (http://en.terra.com/addon/img/8d1344e9-situation-absp.jpg)

Yukikittie
01-13-2011, 10:25 PM
I would have smacked him. If i were brought into the office for assault, I'd tell them i was Jewish. Even if i'm not.

I'm pretty sure any right minded school would do SOMETHING to him. If you tell them you were really offended, family died in Holocaust, etc. Really juice it up.
Couldn't do that, our school is small and everyone knows everyone. I'm not Jewish and I don't have any family members that are Jewish. The only known relative that died by the Nazi's was my Great great Uncle, and he was killed for being in a Polish Catholic resistance group, not for being Jewish. xD

Purfect*Rave
01-13-2011, 10:28 PM
I just watched Jersey Shore for about ten minutes.
Frankly, that's my newest pet peeve.
...I think I lost a few brain cells. How can you not realize you're stripping or 'accidently' screw someone, again?
Ick. >:/
(My sister was watching it in our room and I needed to lie down and get warm. That's the only reason I watched it.)

Clyde_2.0
01-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Idiots being idiots.

This, pretty much. (http://en.terra.com/addon/img/8d1344e9-situation-absp.jpg)

I think I understand the complaints a bit better now... And if you'll excuse me, I need to wipe that picture from my memory.

Failing that, I may need to find other ways (http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2010/02/double-facepalm.jpg) to express how pathetic this is. :lost:

Jooo-chan
01-13-2011, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=crayonattack;3753297]WHEN PEOPLE DON'T USE THEIR BLINKERS.
It makes me rage. It makes me rage so hard.
QUOTE]

YES............. I ONLY HAVE MY PERMIT STILL BUT WHEN I SEE PEOPLE THAT DON'T SIGNAL I FEEL LIKE RAMMIN' EM~ xDD Also, when they have soooo much room in front of them but they insist on staying slow... >.>

Purfect*Rave
01-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Oh, apparently there's this DVD about Nazis and how evil they were.
...As if we didn't know that, and as if most people hadn't put that in the past.

Peeves:
Stupid commercials.
My sister being somewhat of a bipolar brat.
My cat wanting to get overfed and fat.

ShinobiXikyu
01-13-2011, 11:40 PM

Late to the party here, but you certainly should insist that something gets done. I was lucky to have a principal in high school that was zero-tolerance for bullying and racism; in history class for speaking basic German and taking an interest in the German perspective of history (and can I note, this wasn't even WWII history, but WWI?), I got one idiot who'd bullied me since elementary school yelling Heil Hitler and nazi-saluting me in the hallways.
...he made the mistake of doing that once when my boyfriend at the time was beside me, and he was lucky to get away without injury. But then the idiot tried to get HIM in trouble, and it basically went as "So you CALLED HER A NAZI, in FULL VIEW of the school and her boyfriend, HEIL-HITLERED, and expect to get away scott-free and have HIM in trouble? GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY OFFICE, AND YOU'RE OUT OF THIS SCHOOL IF YOU DO THAT AGAIN!"
Needless to say, I was very happy.
Principals strictness varies school to school, but you can certainly insist that something gets done. And worst comes to worst, deal with him yourself.

toshirua3846384
01-14-2011, 12:05 AM
I just watched Jersey Shore for about ten minutes.
Frankly, that's my newest pet peeve.
...I think I lost a few brain cells. How can you not realize you're stripping or 'accidently' screw someone, again?
Ick. >:/
(My sister was watching it in our room and I needed to lie down and get warm. That's the only reason I watched it.)

i notice that the people on the show "always" tend to "forget" everything when they're drinking that booze. I don't think the women in that show also really "understand" of how being like that can get them hurt. And we all know what i mean by getting "hurt".
Regardless*dons devil advocate Top hat <--yea i got me an upgrade* I still like seeing f.u.b.a.r.b.'ed sub human microbes tearing apart each other for some horrible made up cult they call a life style. And to me G.T.L ( great tan logic) is more like G.A.L( get a life)

oh and for that person that has that jerk off going around saying "heil hitler", you need to turn his ass in. You don't necessarily have to be Jewish to have the right to be "offended". Hes not a history advocate, and hes using that hail in a belligerent way. Its not funny to say the least. And who knows maybe when and if you report him he might actually get in trouble next time, instead of it completely looking like here say .

ShinobiXikyu
01-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Oh, and another pet peeve; when peopel call Chinese qipao kimono.
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN COMMON WITH THEM AND A KIMONO.
The collar is high, tight and buttoned, not wrapped around, the sleeves are tight and short, not wide and long, there's fasteners down the front, not a wraparound, there's a slit up the side that kimono don't have, they're CHINESE (and I'm working in a Chinese store, that alone should be a tipoff), not Japanese, and for the love of god, we label them AS "Qipao" on the sign. Are people seriously that ignorant that suddenly hanbok, hanfu, qipao and all other asian clothing that has ABSOLUTELY NO SIMILARITY to a Japanese kimono is suddenly a kimono?

Rude is it might seem, I never let people walk by calling them "kimono" without correcting them abruptly and explaining the HUGE difference. I hate ignorance, especially when it's such a huge glaringly obvious difference that takes one about two seconds to notice.

Clyde_2.0
01-14-2011, 12:20 AM
@Shinobi: I often confuse hanfu and kimono... Sorry, but they look really similar to me. Maybe I'm just uneducated. :dunce:

toshirua3846384
01-14-2011, 12:45 AM
YUKIKITTE Republicans VS. Democrats
Can't we all just get along? Nothing EVER gets done because you two parties are at each other's throats so damn much! x_x I am so sick of it.

People over here just won't nor shall get along when it comes to this matter thats why im a independent rather than a liberal for now...

ShinobiXikyu
01-14-2011, 12:47 AM
@Shinobi: I often confuse hanfu and kimono... Sorry, but they look really similar to me. Maybe I'm just uneducated. :dunce:

In that case with hanfu, I WAS a little exaggerated. Hanfu were technically the origin o the kimono and have some similarity, but they're certainly not the same thing. Still, my pissery with people confusing vastly different clothing like a qipao/cheongsam with a kimono remains. Oh, and when people can't even pronounce kimono either when they do it. It rakes my nerves every time I hear people do it in this drawling "Key-mona" way. Sure, not all of us can nail a flawless japanese acent, but can you at LEAST say the "o" at the end?

Ritsu H Saotome
01-14-2011, 04:07 AM
Pet Peeve: It's free to change gender in Iran but not here in the US.

Aearon
01-14-2011, 11:46 AM
f.u.b.a.r.b.'ed sub human microbesO.oa What's f.u.b.a.r.b.'ed? I'm guessing it's really "fubar"? (F*'d up beyond all repair/recognition)Pet Peeve: It's free to change gender in Iran but not here in the US.O.oa... Who the... what the... *Shudders.*

sam vimes
01-14-2011, 12:38 PM

Why should it be free?

Yukikittie
01-14-2011, 01:09 PM

That's odd. Why is it free there? Why is it free at all? 0_0

Ritsu H Saotome
01-14-2011, 03:03 PM
That's odd. Why is it free there? Why is it free at all? 0_0Well the idea in Iran is transwoman = gay men. So they pay the costs for transwoman to have SRS so they become straight women.*

As for my statement of why it should be free or not as expensive as it because of the reoccurring cost of HRT, time invested to even transition, and I generally believe that SRS shouldn't always be labeled as an "optional" surgery therefore some or all of the costs of surgery can be picked by the insurance company or by a UHC system.

* = There's an article on this, but I need to dig for it.

Edit: Actually the Iran government pays half for the surgery, which is still more than the US does.

Axelai
01-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Peeves.

1. People who think they can get away with being an asshole by calling it "being an honest and blunt person". No. You're just an asshole.

2. Products that LIE. My wig i ordered for my Dollfie was supposed to have side swept bangs. Well, when i put it on her, the bangs wouldn't sweep to the side no matter how hard i tried :'| So i ended up cutting them bluntly. They look good, but its still like... rage DX And the socks... go up to her knees. Not over them :'| Stupid socks.

3. When i accidentally type ;p; instead of lol. That looks like a crying face XD;;

Volnixshin
01-14-2011, 05:21 PM
My cousins. They are from Jersey. They CONSTANTLY quote Jersey Shore like it's the damn bible. They say it's a "jersey thing" after everything, even when it DOES NOT make sense./ I accidentally hit one while I was backing out the truck. When I realized who it was, I rolled down the window and instead of apologizing, said

"It's a Connecticut thing." and drove off

Lithium Flower
01-14-2011, 06:57 PM
People who use "love" to describe "someone I lust for after a few days of barely knowing them".

Axelai
01-14-2011, 07:32 PM
People who use "love" to describe "someone I lust for after a few days of barely knowing them".

Well, I somewhat do this. I have different levels of love for people.

Such as, my online friend i've known 6 years. I tell her i love her. Its not like... i'll marry her sort of love. Its a different level.

My current girlfriend, i say "I LOVE YOU!" when she does something cute, since its so cute its like... the kind of love for a small kitten. But i haven't like... told her i loved her in that 'romantic' sort of way.

toshirua3846384
01-14-2011, 07:34 PM
O.oa What's f.u.b.a.r.b.'ed? I'm guessing it's really "fubar"? (F*'d up beyond all repair/recognition)O.oa... Who the... what the... *Shudders.*

yep thats what it means, i just like adding an additonal "ed" on it to illustrate my point. lol and in some cases i think that acronymn is nice to use depending on the current situation.

oh and + 12 approval points for figuring what it ment lol

toshirua3846384
01-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Peeves.

1. People who think they can get away with being an asshole by calling it "being an honest and blunt person". No. You're just an asshole.

2. Products that LIE. My wig i ordered for my Dollfie was supposed to have side swept bangs. Well, when i put it on her, the bangs wouldn't sweep to the side no matter how hard i tried :'| So i ended up cutting them bluntly. They look good, but its still like... rage DX And the socks... go up to her knees. Not over them :'| Stupid socks.

3. When i accidentally type ;p; instead of lol. That looks like a crying face XD;;

^^ i guess me being a brutally honest person that i am makes me qualify for being a ass hole when it comes to what i think about things ( this is said especially when it comes to me around christmas time, i really dislike the whole idea of santa claus and not being honest to your kids about how the presents really got there); but if i may interject, i only think being an ass hole is appropriate if you really need to be an ass hole. So in other words theres a time and a place sorta speak. I think ; for example, if there's a person who's just spouting a type of confident ignorance , then i think they should be stoped, regardless if the person whos stopping them is a jerk ass or not. but thats just my opinion on this.

but i agree on you about the false advertisement, i once ordered a box set online. This to my understanding was supposed to be a box set that has never been opened, however when i received the product , i was peeved when i discovered that it was open and that one of the disk was missing. I think i cried that day > x < but i got over it.

Flora88
01-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Calories. D:

Axelai
01-14-2011, 07:53 PM
^^ i guess me being a brutally honest person that i am makes me qualify for being a ass hole when it comes to what i think about things ( this is said especially when it comes to me around christmas time, i really dislike the whole idea of santa claus and not being honest to your kids about how the presents really got there); but if i may interject, i only think being an ass hole is appropriate if you really need to be an ass hole. So in other words theres a time and a place sorta speak. I think ; for example, if there's a person who's just spouting a type of confident ignorance , then i think they should be stoped, regardless if the person whos stopping them is a jerk ass or not. but thats just my opinion on this.

No, i completely understand that. Sometimes theres a time and place to be bluntly honest, even if you come out as an asshole. What i hate is when people are always like this 100% of the time. It makes you wonder if being so negative and rude fuels them... i can't understand how anyone can do that.

Like, if you see someone draw a picture and they're proud of it... how hard is it to say "Good job"? Even if you think it sucks. I would say they did a good job, etc, because it really doesn't matter to me. One of the people who i'm talking about would probably tell said person it sucks, and they should give up art.

Assholes. Wtf.

but i agree on you about the false advertisement, i once ordered a box set online. This to my understanding was supposed to be a box set that has never been opened, however when i received the product , i was peeved when i discovered that it was open and that one of the disk was missing. I think i cried that day > x < but i got over it.

Yeah, i ordered the Hetalia Season 2 DVD which was supposed to come with the bandana... and it didn't :'| I was PO'd.

Shana05
01-15-2011, 02:19 AM
That my dad signed me up for a bunch of job searching sites and colleges. I know he means well but I not used to having all these people calling me.

Aearon
01-15-2011, 12:02 PM
1. People who think they can get away with being an asshole by calling it "being an honest and blunt person". No. You're just an asshole.No, i completely understand that. Sometimes theres a time and place to be bluntly honest, even if you come out as an asshole. What i hate is when people are always like this 100% of the time. It makes you wonder if being so negative and rude fuels them... i can't understand how anyone can do that.

Like, if you see someone draw a picture and they're proud of it... how hard is it to say "Good job"? Even if you think it sucks. I would say they did a good job, etc, because it really doesn't matter to me. One of the people who i'm talking about would probably tell said person it sucks, and they should give up art.

Assholes. Wtf.Sometimes, the truth hurts? I'm all for people pursuing their passion. A stick figure drawing will likely not be very appealing artistically no matter how much effort was put into it. That being said, I'd never tell someone to stop doing something they're passionate about. I'm generally a very supportive person. =) I'd likely try to offer some constructive criticism or possible advice to improve whatever they're doing. (I'm a horrible artist, btw. XD I can barely draw stick figures.)

Also... Pet peeves... Along with my "stupid people" peeve... People that should not be using computers and insist on coming into the store for free tech support. I love helping people, but it gets kind of old seeing the same person over and over for simple stuff.

Yukikittie
01-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Pet peeve/Rant time.
It's not like I enjoy it when we put down our animal hospital's cats. Stop acting like I'm a horrible person or that my workplace is a horrible place too. I don't think you realize the situation. Chikita (The cat) was an evil monster. We couldn't pick her up and put her in her cage without her completely attacking us. She was de-clawed. If we let her go she'd be dead pretty soon in a worse way than being put to sleep. She hated people. No one wanted her. We had her for six months. She attacked our other cats for no reason. And it wouldn't make a damn difference if we gave her to a humane society around here, they'd kill her right away too. And no one is going to drive her 3+ hours away to take her to a humane society that is no kill. What, you want her to sit in a cage her entire life? She wouldn't be adopted, no one wants a cat that attacks you when you try to pet her.
I love cats, I love animals. It's fucking ridiculous when you say we didn't do enough to save her. SHE COULDN'T BE SAVED. We tried desperately for six months before we reluctantly called it quits. And then you say how we're horrible monsters. DO YOU REALIZED HOW HORRIBLE IT WAS FOR US?! My mom wouldn't go to work that day because she was going to be put down! We were all crying for a cat that hated us! We love animals, we want the best for animals. Her death was so sad for all us. HOW DARE you say we're monsters for doing it.
I could continue. But I'm going to ask a question. What's better? A cat that dies in a humane way so she doesn't suffer and falls "asleep", or a cat living in a cage for the rest of it's entire life?
I just hate it. It's always a lose/lose in these situations. We have to make a tough decision and no matter what decision we make we always look like monsters.
I've just heard so many people saying how horrible it was of us, and I'm so sick of it.

toshirua3846384
01-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Pet peeve/Rant time.
It's not like I enjoy it when we put down our animal hospital's cats. Stop acting like I'm a horrible person or that my workplace is a horrible place too. I don't think you realize the situation. Chikita (The cat) was an evil monster. We couldn't pick her up and put her in her cage without her completely attacking us. She was de-clawed. If we let her go she'd be dead pretty soon in a worse way than being put to sleep. She hated people. No one wanted her. We had her for six months. She attacked our other cats for no reason. And it wouldn't make a damn difference if we gave her to a humane society around here, they'd kill her right away too. And no one is going to drive her 3+ hours away to take her to a humane society that is no kill. What, you want her to sit in a cage her entire life? She wouldn't be adopted, no one wants a cat that attacks you when you try to pet her.
I love cats, I love animals. It's fucking ridiculous when you say we didn't do enough to save her. SHE COULDN'T BE SAVED. We tried desperately for six months before we reluctantly called it quits. And then you say how we're horrible monsters. DO YOU REALIZED HOW HORRIBLE IT WAS FOR US?! My mom wouldn't go to work that day because she was going to be put down! We were all crying for a cat that hated us! We love animals, we want the best for animals. Her death was so sad for all us. HOW DARE you say we're monsters for doing it.
I could continue. But I'm going to ask a question. What's better? A cat that dies in a humane way so she doesn't suffer and falls "asleep", or a cat living in a cage for the rest of it's entire life?
I just hate it. It's always a lose/lose in these situations. We have to make a tough decision and no matter what decision we make we always look like monsters.
I've just heard so many people saying how horrible it was of us, and I'm so sick of it.

^From reading your situation it seems that there was nothing that could be done when it comes to that specific cat. It sounds like its feral because it refused any type of human contact, also the fact that it retaliates all the time belligerently just shows that the cat had to be put down. I think the people who confronted you ignorantly were wrong for that. People; in general tend to "humanize" animals, and when that happens they sometimes don't have a clear view of the problem ahead of them. This just goes to show how ignorant people can be.

Yukikittie
01-16-2011, 12:24 AM
^From reading your situation it seems that there was nothing that could be done when it comes to that specific cat. It sounds like its feral because it refused any type of human contact, also the fact that it retaliates all the time belligerently just shows that the cat had to be put down. I think the people who confronted you ignorantly were wrong for that. People; in general tend to "humanize" animals, and when that happens they sometimes don't have a clear view of the problem ahead of them. This just goes to show how ignorant people can be.

There really wasn't and you're exactly right. It just bugs me how people can be so quick to judge.

Aearon
01-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Ooh, that's another peeve. People that make snap judgments. :P I can't say I'm entirely innocent when it comes to that one. But, I do my best. =)

AlmostHolly
01-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Clocks with no numbers and tables that are too low to allow you to cross your legs. :spinner:

toshirua3846384
01-16-2011, 01:01 PM
another personal peeve of mind is having to wash dishes, prob. because it was one of my chores that i had to do every day from sun up to sun down todos los dias from when i was 7 all the way when im out of my parents house. T x T i will never be rid of them. the dish washer is my best friend in this sit.

ALso i hate it when people just talk out of their ass with no proven facts, its like they just elaborate and improvise in a conversation till the cows come home, when they are totally wrong about everything.

And i hate the crap betty white is getting now, i mean sure shes in just about every movie/sitcom however she still is a very accomplished actor that didn't seem to subcome to hollywood's pressure. I think people need to give her a break, shes a very funny witty lady.

ShinobiXikyu
01-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Clocks with no numbers and tables that are too low to allow you to cross your legs. :spinner:

oooh, I hate those too. Go figure, our clock in the house is one of those numberless ones. Which is why I use the computer, my cell phone, my palm pilot, my clock radio, dad's clock radio, the microwave clock and the television clock, but never the actual clock.
And yeah, I can't sit for more than five minutes without crossing my legs. And I cross mine from ankle to knee most of the time, which requires a lotta legroom. Though I hate having to sit in a chair with no armrests even more.

tabetha2010
01-16-2011, 02:55 PM
A flat stomach *DARN YOU STOMACH POUCH GO AWAY!!!!* #thatisall

cupofjasmine
01-16-2011, 05:57 PM
- when people make judgements about you without knowing the situation you may be in.
- not using "your", "you're", "there", "their", and "they're" correctly.
- people who only use you because you have a vehicle.
- stupid people who think that it's okay for them to drive even though they're not really drunk, but they're still drunk.
- when websites lie about their products
- people who throw "i love you" around too freely
- being lactose intolerant, BUT I LOVE ICE CREAM TOO MUCH
- even though i'm an introvert and i love being alone a majority of the time, i would like to have more friends here who have the same interests as i do.
-lack of responsibility
- drivers who show off by revving their engine at the spot light
- misspelling of my name, EVEN THOUGH IT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. it's Jasmine, not Jazmine, or Jasmin.
- people who dye their hair like 3-4 times a week and think that their hair is healthy and won't fall out.

bodatheyoda
01-16-2011, 06:17 PM
oh! I hate liars. I don't people that lie every now and then to say...cover their ass. Take this somewhat friend of mine. He lies about EVERYTHING. And you can't tell him anything. If I went up to him and said: Hey Patrick! Did you know that a planck time is equal to roughly 1/1000000 ^5 of a second and that it's only ever used when detail the first 3-4 second of the big bang to help explain the expansion rate of our universe within those 3-4 seconds? And that in 1 plank time the universe expanded from the size of an atom to the size of a golf ball and that that expansion rate is the same as a golf ball expanding to the size of the Earth? And that that expansion rate means the universe expanded faster than the speed of light which contradicts Einstein's Theory of relativity?

His response would be: Oh yeah! I heard about that! (being 100% serious as if he himself believes he heard that) I know that this kid knows nothing about theoretical physics but he claims to.

His big thing is about girls...he's always meeting girls, always getting with girls. We went to GenCon and while we were together not a single female talked to him. We went our separate ways one afternoon there. When we got back together suddenly all he did was talk to girls...

People like that. They annoy me. >.<

doxiequeen1
01-16-2011, 06:21 PM

Assholes. Wtf.

To be honest I don't like the people that say "Good job!" when someone has drawn a stick figure. That may work for kinder gardeners in their little world, but whenever one of my cousins scribbles a drawing of a cat with a square head (the girl is 12) and her father says "Great job sweety!" I think, that is really sad :/

I would never tell someone the suck, because I don't want to crash someones hopes and dreams. But i'm not going to help them build up a false confidence. I don't consider that mean, but simply honest. When giving someone a compliment it should have meaning.

ShinobiXikyu
01-16-2011, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=bodatheyoda;3764499]oh! I hate liars. I don't people that lie every now and then to say...cover their ass. Take this somewhat friend of mine. He lies about EVERYTHING. And you can't tell him anything. QUOTE]

ooooh, that so much. I have one "friend" who I at first liked, but then every time I met her, she seemed to be lying about every little thing. What series/games/manga she'd seen and such when it was obvious she'd never heard of them, how she was an accomplished seamstress and cosplayer BUT I'd never seen a single one of her pieces of clothing or costumes and she never gave me any help with sewing technique if I threw out a "No idea how to do this" statement, all the places she'd apparently been to and worked at (with no proof to back it up, not even a cell phone snapshot), annnnd then she says how she's got like, 1/16th native heritage so she can get tax-exempt status and then apparently will also never have to work and will just go on disability because she also has cerebral palsy (She literally said "When I'm tired, my hands shake a bit." Uh, doesn't EVERYBODY'S? That's certainly not severe enough to keep you from working a regular job.)

So yeah. I've cut her out of my life pretty quick. Lazy, deluded liars on the fast track to a life of handouts are NOT my company.

☆ Kei ☆
01-16-2011, 07:48 PM
oh! I hate liars. I don't people that lie every now and then to say...cover their ass. Take this somewhat friend of mine. He lies about EVERYTHING.

This, people who back up said liars, and people who'd steal from family.

My uncle married a woman who already had two kids years ago, and one of them is a constant liar. No matter what it is, he's the best, and he knows everything. My aunt will back him up on everything, or make up excuses for him. She's even gone as far as calling the other person a liar, even if they have solid proof of their statement. :T Most of my extended family doesn't like him, or trust him around anything we own, as he steals things, and his mother covers him on that too.

Her daughter used to be a horrible liar, too, but unlike him, she's stopped. c: She's actually pretty pleasant to be around.

Purfect*Rave
01-17-2011, 05:00 PM
I think this is just me, but...People who make Facebook accounts/groups by the name of an anime character and post in-character things for them. I know, it's all for good fun, but it gets annoying to me after a while.

EDIT for my story as to why this is a pet peeve;
Like, my friend was texting me and all of the sudden she was like "OMIGOD I'M FRIENDS WITH IVAN BRAGINSKI ON FB!!!!111" Errr...Good for you? You do realize that's just some random uber-fan with nothing to do, don't you? o_o;; Sometimes I wonder...

cupofjasmine
01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
I think this is just me, but...People who make Facebook accounts/groups by the name of an anime character and post in-character things for them. I know, it's all for good fun, but it gets annoying to me after a while.

THIS.

Kildread
01-17-2011, 06:24 PM

I agree with this.

*Looks at all the spammers on the Namco Bandai FB to localize Tales*

...yeah.

Alyxiane
01-17-2011, 07:22 PM

Just having the name of an anime character for their name on Facebook is enough to get me peeved. Especially if the person's using it for more personal uses too. (ex: *realname* L Lawliet *reallastname* or some variation) x_x;

I think this adds more to my decision of having a separate account JUST for my cosplay/fandom for the sake of not scaring away from those not interested. :/

What-the-Spork
01-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Just having the name of an anime character for their name on Facebook is enough to get me peeved. Especially if the person's using it for more personal uses too. (ex: *realname* L Lawliet *reallastname* or some variation) x_x;

I think this adds more to my decision of having a separate account JUST for my cosplay/fandom for the sake of not scaring away from those not interested. :/

I totally agree with this~

SakuraxTsubasa
01-17-2011, 09:21 PM
GRAMMAR! Sorry, it just bothers me. I mean, not when it's meant to be incorrect, but when someone unintentionally makes grammatical errors (blatantly).

OH! I made a separate account for my fandom too. So now I don't use the other one. :P
I totally had more. I don't remember them though. Not right now. xP