PDA

View Full Version : How to cosplay Astharoshe Asran

juliacoolcat
01-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Here's a link to the picture: http://www.animepaper.net/art/121165/1morr_trinityblood5_razv2

I'm really excited about doing a this cosplay. It's very detailed however and my first time taking on a project this size! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Especially on construction of the minor detailing, the holes in the dress with gold around the edges!:square::wave:

Ginryuu
01-10-2011, 02:30 PM
I can't help you personally...but if you get more specific with what you need than the main Trinity Blood forum has a lot of really skilled people in it who may be able to help.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=55516

Some things you can consider for the holes though...maybe they're not holes but actually details the same color as the dress underneath. In fact...if you look like at the very edge of her left sleeve or the hat on the same side...there are blue details where there wouldn't be blue fabric underneath it.

But doing it with holes...that would be really amazing if you can pull it off. I'd suggest some interfacing so that it keeps it shape better...but I can't really say beyond that with my amount of experience.

~Silver chan~
01-10-2011, 06:10 PM
I made this outfit over the summer for Otakon 2010. I did all of the details in gold and blue paint. I chose a blue paint that matched very closely to the dress I made underneath. I actually made two separate dresses, a blue one and a white one. I used a nice heavy lace and dyed it blue with the I-Dye Poly. Which is a dye used for polyester fabrics. This costume took alot of fine detail work, which was mostly hand painting, but the best thing that I can recommend is give yourself alot of time to try out and see what works the best for you. Best of Luck.

FeyMeggan
01-10-2011, 07:44 PM
If you decide to do the details as cut-outs you may look into burning the holes in chemically as well as interfacing around them to maintain shape....