PDA

View Full Version : Favorite moments at the convention!

Yukikittie
01-11-2011, 12:40 PM
As Father Kildread said, we need a happy thread! :)

So, favorite moment at a con?

My favorite is when we just get to the con and see everyone in costume. <3
Your turn!

MiraiTrunksLove
01-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Going into the dealer's room for the first time

Codename Otacon
01-11-2011, 12:52 PM
When people come up to me and say; "Can I hug you?"

FunnyValentine
01-11-2011, 01:27 PM
I love when I first walk into the dealers room and artist alley room. I like stay quiet until I look at it. hahhaha. Any compliment makes my entire day at a con. I love when people are shy to ask for a picture, its so cute. :)

Brsis
01-11-2011, 01:42 PM
1. Walking down the street/taking the train and seeing the numbers of cosplayers slowly grow

2. The first crossing of the hall/entrance area/CustomHouse walkway from the changing rooms to the entry line, in character, when everyone else is just as excited as you

3. The moment the first masquerade entry comes on stage and I forget that I'm tired and sore and grumpy and want to punch the guy who's been trying to keep us occupied while everyone gets seated, and just start enjoying the costumes

ShadowYazoo
01-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Getting an awesome commisioned drawing of your favorite character :D

Participating in a masquerade (:

Churabu
01-11-2011, 04:10 PM
I agree with Brsis - "Walking down the street/taking the train and seeing the numbers of cosplayers slowly grow." This always excites me soooo much especially if you're driving to a convention for the first time and you get lost as to where to park and such, if you see cosplayers walking down the road, you just know you're near! SO EXCITING!!!

Kildread
01-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Yay!

Two moments for me so far :

1) Being totally unsure if I was actually headed the right way in car, pointlessly looking at streets names for a reference to where I was until I spot groups of cosplayers --- good indicator I was close!

2) Walking in the artist alley of my first convention dressed as the Persona 4 protagonist and hearing 2 asian women handling a booth to the left out of my sight go '...Persona 4!' and dig out a macaron with Souji on it and giving it to me free of charge after getting a few pics of my costume and one with me:) (I think I was a little shy and awkward of the attention and didn't really say a whole lot --- I was sorta taken aback by their reaction)

SweetOcarina
01-11-2011, 05:38 PM
London Expo is fun. As soon as you get to Bank it's like "Spot the Expo people!"

The whole tube station is just full of cosplayers and con-goers, it's really quite amazing.

That moment when you first step out in cosplay at a con and get your first photo taken.

Moonsong
01-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I totally agree with the whole seeing growing numbers of cosplayers thing. For NYCC/NYAF, I took Metro North and then a bus to the Javits center, and it was so fun seeing lots of people in costume.

And also, meeting new people as soon as you step into the door! Most people aren't too shy at conventions, and even if you are, it's easy to make conversation with people because you have something in common!

CosplayCinema
01-11-2011, 10:33 PM
My favorite moment was participating in my first contest....then i ended up finding it a week ago on youtube X3

Viveeh
01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
I love meeting cosplayers of characters from the same series and chatting with them. X)

Volnixshin
01-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Taking over panels

COBRA (http://images.cosplay.com/photos/24/2465959.jpg) style

Gypsyangelf4i
01-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Seeing everyone in costume. I love just hanging out in the open lobby or cafeteria and watching all the fellow cosplayers. I joked at AWA that if we just set a camera up to film the escalator coming into the cafeteria area, it'd be great. It was like a parade of cosplayers.

I love when you're driving to a Con and you get behind another car where the people are obviously going to the con as well

RicanPlatano
01-12-2011, 11:21 AM
i love how everyone just gets along and you can have a conversation with someone you just met and feel like you've known them forever.

Also those random moments (like seeing someone run down a hall with tears in their eyes screaming someone stole their box...)

and my all time favorite two moments are the "i'm a guy and i'll make out with another guy if you make out with another girl" moments... (those are always fun) and Finding out the person you were about to molest is really a fantastic crossdresser... xD

Prota-Girl
01-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Just being able to be myself and not having people fully judge. :) It's all for the fun of the convention!

Axelai
01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
My favorite moment at a convention: Spin the Bottle in the girl's bathroom.

Not to mention we were all Hetalia and South Park character. Odd crossover, but it was fuuuuuuun~!

sweetnsassy
01-12-2011, 08:19 PM
I get a thrill every time someone asks for my picture-it's just so flattering :) I also love meeting my favorite voice actors. I usually try to act all cool and collected, but I inevitably turn into a giggling pile of fangirl goo.

DiscoVader
01-12-2011, 08:34 PM
There were a few really big moments for me. My favorites would have to be:

1) Driving down to the Baltimore Convention Center for my first Otakon (and first anime convention) and just seeing the huge amount of cosplayers and people in line to get in. I had a huge, HUGE smile.

2) Walking into the dealer's room for the first time. My mind, it was blown.

3) Winning in my category of the AMV contest at Otakon last year. I was so excited just because it had gotten in, I didn't care if I won or not, but the fact that it did made me pretty much scream and jump up and down like I'd won the lottery. (First time doing so, too)

and finally,

4) Meeting my current girlfriend. This happened in '08 at my first Otakon, and both of us were taken at the time, so we had no idea that we were eventually going to get together, but we met in line and chatted for an hour and a half or so, and I found her later in the fall/winter on DeviantArt. We met up again at Otakon '09, and later that August I worked up the courage and asked her out. Been together a year and a half now.

rubyspitfire
01-12-2011, 09:15 PM
meeting new people and still having fun talking to them a year later

it's pretty cool when people recognize my cosplay when i'm doing a secondary character too ^_^

IAmShorty
01-13-2011, 12:34 AM
I have two :)

1) When you start getting close to the convention and you start freaking out because you see people in bright pink wigs and crazy costumes

2) Having conversations with random people in character. It always makes my day when Im Orihime and Im explaining to Aizen why Im not currently captured ^_^

Ineedaname9
01-13-2011, 02:34 AM
1) Meeting new friends at con then meeting them later outside or people you meet elsewhere and have a 'OMG you go to con too!' moment with them.

2) Meeting voice actors for the first time. When my first con showed the subbed ver of Fullmetal Alchemist the movie. Vic was there, my first time meeting him, and I got to ask 'Does Al become taller than Ed?' and he gave me a short rant. That was far better than any thing he could have signed for me >< First time meeting va for Vincent, he was singing ; I'm to sexy'...Well first impressions are the lasting ones...lol

3) My first PDA with my Bf. My bf and I tend to keep private, though we did meet at a con... We bonded through the trails and tribulations of staffing a convention, ended u texting each other, then he tricked me into admitting I'd go on a date with him.... fast forward a few months at a con, some dude was hitting on me and my bf well put a claim on me... It made me feel over the moon that hey they are slutty girls all around but he wants the crossplaying girl. ><

Inkreader13
01-13-2011, 08:05 PM
First I love when someone asks to take my picture. It's just nice to have someone like what you've done.

And second, at Anime North, when I realized that big cons can be just as friendly as small cons. I was so nervous to talk to people at first because it's a big con in a big city, but I was happy to find out that everyone was super nice and easy to talk to. A bit of a relief.

squ33k t0y
01-13-2011, 08:06 PM
The times between about 8pm-3am. That's when all the good stuff happens 8D.

Clyde_2.0
01-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Hmmm... I really like the masquerade ball at Sakuracon. I love ballroom dancing and the masks are so fun. I try to go with my sister every year, but I don't think I'll be able to this year. :blubber:

Emiko87
01-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Having fans of my cosplay character come up and be all happy at me ^^

cupofjasmine
01-16-2011, 08:13 PM
1. the dealer's room
2. entering the city that the con is held in and seeing cosplayers on the street
3. seeing everyone's costume
4. how happy everyone is
5. meeting new friends :)
6. how everyone is in character
7. taking pictures/getting your picture taken