PDA

View Full Version : Oh yeah! AX 2002

Adella
05-08-2002, 12:49 AM
This is gonna be a great year!! I totally love AX. It's definately my favorite simplybecause of all the people and so many places to walk to and I'm such a nerd I play make believe that I'm Aeris in a big city. Lol. Who all is going and what costumes are you guys taking??

Kuja
05-08-2002, 02:18 AM
Oh yes I am so going to AX. I'm bringing Kuja, Rosiel, Helena, Mana, I have some people telling me to make Mai. I don't know if I want to as her quite just yet. I want to make a new Rosiel costume. I'm really obssessed with him right now. :thumbsup: Plus I have a Angel Sanctuary group. :drink: I want to be Testament too. But at the rate I'm going it wont be till SDCC.

Michi
05-08-2002, 03:24 AM
Wheeee AX. ^____^

I've got A-kon and ReccaCon to worry about first.. @_@ So I haven't given it too much thought. I'll be bringing Zidane and Kuja, most likely.. and my lavender Mai from Fanime.. Juuhachi Gou... Nikki.. Ruruna..
I'm gonna work on an elaborate Chrono Cross costume for it, which I'd rather not give away just yet. :p I'd love to have like, a Fargo or something though. ;)
I'm supposed to do Alcione for a big Rayearth group, but only if I can get help from a couple of friends that offered.. ^^; I'll also be doing some simple stuff, like Azusa from Ranma 1/2.. a possible Jpop costume if I have scrap fabric.. and maayyyyyybbbeeee Demando from Sailormoon if my CC & Alcione costumes are going well.

Me? Overly ambitious? What you say!!
Bear in mind it's quite a ways from the con (considering I have two others, like I mentioned) so I'll probably change my mind quite a bit before the con. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nietsche
05-08-2002, 04:39 AM
AX huh?

Lets see...if I can reiterate what I had put in the intro..

Reid, Raphael, Rai (WakuWaku7) <the 3 R's in cosplay mwahahaha!....:rofl: >

Been requested to do- (depending on whether they attend)
Claude, Jet Enduro, Ryudo, Cho Hakkai, Vyse

and my secret coplay...which is obvious if ya know where my avatar is from...

Too many costumes? We shall see....<dies from over-exertion!>
I shall probably trim the list...

Celine
05-08-2002, 08:25 AM
Aaahhh! Bring Claude!!! :heart: Your costume is so good! No, I'm not a crazy Star Ocean fan, I tell you!

Let's see, I'm planning on having Luc, Katt, Mimi, and Celine :heart: for AX. I'm also hoping to get some friends to do Typing of the Dead with me!!! XD That would be so fun! Plus, maybe my sister will get Emi done and we can DDR together.

Then there are always those "maybe, if I have time" costumes... like Clara from Skies of Arcadia if I find myself a Gilder. *mutters*

Hey Michi! Don't go too crazy with those costumes! ^^ Can't wait to see you at Akon!

Nietsche
05-08-2002, 09:46 AM
ooopps!
I forgot to add Salt in my costume recipe!
Salt for flava!!!

Philia Philis
05-08-2002, 12:28 PM
Lessee.... I'll hopefully have Vincent de Boule, Philia Philis, T.M. Revolution, and a secret which isn't hard to find out. XD (Hint: It goes with one of Tania's costumes, and it's not my Suikoden one. And I don't cosplay Digimon and am not currently planning any Star Ocean cosplay.)

*sigh* Poor me. There were 3 others I wanted to do, but I don't have time because 1- I am lazy, and 2- I have too much stuff to make for other people. *cries*

Kuja
05-08-2002, 02:48 PM
Ah it would be cool if my AS group get pics with your AS group. :drink:

MegaMako
05-08-2002, 02:59 PM
Ahhh.. Kuja.. You might talk me into AS cosplay some day.:o

One can never tell..;)

Kuja
05-08-2002, 03:01 PM
hmmmmm :devil: *thinks*

Ah funny that you mention that. We have a Uriel. She's like getting the whole group together. ah yes convert people to the realms of AS.

MegaMako
05-08-2002, 03:53 PM
Oh my... :bashful:

I will definately have to think about it. :) I did like the OAVs. I have not checked out much of the manga though. The character designs are very nice. Hmmm.. It's time for me to do some homework. :D

Kuja
05-08-2002, 04:06 PM
*dumps all AS items on Mega Makos lap*

ahh actaully she's kind of short. But she looks a lot like him. Unfourtunetly I'm kind of short. I'm glad Rosiel wears platformed boots.

MegaMako
05-08-2002, 06:16 PM
Rosiel:

How tall is Uriel? Just wondering if I am tall enough. :D

Rosiel
05-08-2002, 09:23 PM
Kuja:

> ahh actaully she's kind of short.

Oh well too bad... one day I will find a Uriel! And I will stalk him! (It's a loooong story, but I always wanted to cosplay with a Uriel because although it does not fit with the plot, I thought he and Rosiel would look so cute together... the whole white angel vs. black angel thing I guess.)

> Unfourtunetly I'm kind of short. I'm glad Rosiel wears platformed boots.

His platforms is a source of annoyance for me, because I have close to the same height/weight as Rosiel, but adding the boots I become VERY tall compared to some of my group members. (Rosiel is 170cm, about 5'7" with no shoes on, but my Alexiel is about that height with her heels. And the perfectionist in me goes "ARGH!")

MegaMako:

> How tall is Uriel? Just wondering if I am tall enough.

I don't know off the top of my head (would have to check) but I am sure he is at least 6 feet tall and he is rather buff. Which explains why I say we need to get more guys into this whole AS cosplay thing... it would be hard for a girl to pull him off.

MegaMako
05-08-2002, 10:12 PM
Hmmm.. I like Uriel. I am tall enough. :) I like the series... There seems to be a good group to join... Lots of plusses here!

I will definately give this a lot of thought. Now, which costume of Uriel would be worthy? :eek: Ahhh.. And if I do Uriel, which of my other costumes will I not do. :confused:

I'm sure it will all work out. Might just have some major costume juggling to do! LOL :juggler:

Kuja
05-08-2002, 10:16 PM
wai *runs around all excited*

Rosiel
05-08-2002, 10:28 PM
> Hmmm.. I like Uriel. I am tall enough. I like the series... There seems to be a good group to join... Lots of plusses here!

I will warn you... if you see three wings approaching... RUN! Or I might just catch up with you and not let go. *lol* And then... their group already has a Uriel, we need one! ;)

> Now, which costume of Uriel would be worthy?

He has /so/ many great outfits... Most of them vinyl though, so you would die. But then, so will I. >_< Whywhywhywhy did I let myself be talked into wearing the leather uniform in July!

> Might just have some major costume juggling to do!

My own costume juggling just got simpler since it seems that (Suikoden II) Seed will not be coming with me after all. ^___^

MegaMako
05-08-2002, 10:49 PM
ROSIEL:

> He has /so/ many great outfits... Most of them vinyl though, so you would die.

I am a total nut when it comes to wearing vinyl. And straps!.. Oh I love straps. :) I will just have to do the water thing.. Must keep drinking.. and stay cool

:crylaugh:

Kuja is sending me bunches of pics of his costumes. I am getting excited. ^^ I can not wait to make my wings. I always wanted wings for my Sephiroth Reborn costume. Another costume that I have never finished.:mad:

> I will warn you... if you see three wings approaching... RUN! Or I might just catch up with you and not let go. *lol*

Ohh.. my. :o That might be bad for me.. I might like that. LOL. Have to keep my Uriel cool. Must stay focused. :D Sounds like it will be an awesome group!

Adella
05-09-2002, 01:17 AM
Oh I wish I knew something about Angel Sanctuary. I don' tknow anything about it!! :( Oh well. I hope you guys put together a big group so I can take pictures for the website with my bad camera skills lol! I want to see your Zidane, Michi. I haven't seen it yet!!

Celine, I'm so cosplaying with you, that'll be so much fun. It's been a year since we've met. It seems like a lot longer. I'm starting to anticipate AX more than Christmas. (I must be getting older. Cons over presents!)

Michi
05-09-2002, 11:52 AM
Too crazy on the costumes, Celine? ^^; Too late. XP

And Aeris, I'll have my Zidane costume ready for A-kon. ^_^ Lots of pictures will be taken. :D

ClutZGurl
05-09-2002, 07:54 PM
*invades post* =P

I'm bringing the dude in my sig & icon, and MAYBE Claude/Crawd from Star Ocean. I might also make Rock Howard... =O

Michi
05-09-2002, 08:38 PM
*stuffs Rene in her Kuja costume* Eeee Rock Howard?? Maybe I should do Hotaru.

Maybe I should cut down on outfits. -_-;;

Sozoku Reed
05-10-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by ClutZGurl
*invades post* =P

I'm bringing the dude in my sig & icon, and MAYBE Claude/Crawd from Star Ocean. I might also make Rock Howard... =O

Ohhhh coolies! I was always wanting to make an Ashton Ancors costume, but I could never make realistic looking snakes on my back ;_____;

Adella
05-10-2002, 04:22 PM
paper mache and model magic with acrylic sealant?

LiL QoH
05-14-2002, 05:16 PM
w000t AX cant wait to wear my lulu cosutme *_*

MegaMako
05-14-2002, 05:56 PM
LiL QoH:

Oh yeah, I remember seeing you as Motoko Kusanagi. :) You have nice costumes!

> w000t AX cant wait to wear my lulu cosutme *_*

Lulu rocks!!

:thumbsup:

Third-child
05-14-2002, 06:36 PM
Lets see..

Cleo from Orphen
Jubie-Chan from Jubie-chan
Blue Mary...

Thats it for this Con. lain's Bear PJ are next though!

Ayaka
05-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Faye - Cowboy Bebop (. . . what was I thinking with the yellow stretch PVC . . . @_@)
Peorth - Aa! Megami-sama (no, NOT the bathing suit one. If you know the manga, it's the first outfit she appears in.)
Integral - Hellsing
Haruko - FLCL (if I decide to bring it)

I may be doing something kinda last-minute; the options at hand are Yoh or Anna from Shaman King, or . . . SOMEONE from Kenshin. I can always toss Youji (WK) in the suitcase, but since it's hot, and the WK group I did it for is staying here in Chicago . . .

Kefka
05-15-2002, 09:17 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to going to conventions, but I have been an otaku ever since 10th grade. Wondering if anyone would be interested in hanging out or just chat. Some of my favorite animes are Neon Genesis, Escaflowne, Ah! My Goddess, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, and so many others.

Stephen

LiL QoH
05-16-2002, 09:07 AM
I forogt ot add what I was gunna be haha XD I'm going to be lulu well duh.. lol heres some previews of what I got going. We're embroidrying everything ourself so its taking forever. The coyote still has its head ^_^* heh dont mind that
http://qoh.homestead.com/files/101-0172_IMG.JPG
http://qoh.homestead.com/files/101-0173_IMG.JPG
Lina inverse from slayers
and Faye or Julia from cowboy bebop I really wanna be julia.. =x just cuz my boyfriends gunna be spike

Thanks Mako! :)

Ayaka
05-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Your Lulu's looking fab!

ooh do Julia! I want a picture of a Julia cosplayer. And maybe I could get a picture of me as Faye with you as Julia (and your Spike, of course), which would be cool.

Kefka
05-17-2002, 12:16 AM
Cool Lulu costume.

Mappy
05-17-2002, 09:22 AM
Qoh:

Those pictures you took of the Lulu costume...
... reminds me of the end of WizardOfOZ. haha. its like someone poured water on poor Lulu and she melted away :D

MegaMako
05-17-2002, 05:20 PM
Wow! :cheers: Another Lulu!!!

Cool! I can never see too many Lulu's! She is soooo awesome! :D

Kenshin Ken
05-18-2002, 01:35 AM
aww ^^;; I feel so insufficent ^^:; I only have time to make one costume per year... and so far in ym arsenalI have Kuno and Clive.. ^^; my Kuno costume is gonna be hung up for a bit... ^^; and Clive is the only costume I wil lbe wearing..^^:; at least everyone can spot me ^^;

I'll defiantely be working on some more costumes... I've been urged to make a Ken Hideka costuime ^^;;

ClutZGurl
05-18-2002, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Ayaka
Haruko - FLCL (if I decide to bring it)

That's tempting me to make my Mamimi costume... >_> <_<

LiL QoH
05-18-2002, 01:23 PM
Huongstar: we should try to get a lulu meetup goin on mang! XD that'd be coool :D nice teaser pic! :D is that real fur you used? if so what kind? :D

Adella
05-18-2002, 08:59 PM
the adventures of nyk & teari!!! where's nick?!!

/me glomps her!

LiL QoH
05-19-2002, 06:30 PM
He doesnt have the internet anymore! He only goes on at school maybe I could get him to start posting here but iono lol he doesnt post anywhere anymore. I was just with him all last night and this morning..Prom was last night! The piccies turned out great :D

LiL QoH
05-20-2002, 04:09 PM
I think what you have in the picture looks great :) just cant see the coloring cuz its not color

Adella
05-20-2002, 08:48 PM
I think I'm going to die! those pictures were SOOO CUTE!

tsukinohime
05-20-2002, 08:56 PM
I'm a bit late but . . . here's my contribution:
I'll be bringing my Princess Serenity costume. I know Sailor Moon may be passe, but are there any other moon kingdom costumes making an appearance? *hopeful* I can wear May or Utena if any group wants that character for piccies or something. I'm also planning on having one more costume. Any suggestions??

tsukinohime
05-23-2002, 10:55 PM
Really? Wow, I've never been told I look like a celebrity before ^_^ Thanks

Rosiel
05-24-2002, 08:47 AM
> moon kingdom costumes making an appearance?

And I scrapped my idea for manga Zoisite, Moon Kingdom version, a while ago. ;___; Too bad.

Maybe I should revive it so /more/ people end up clueless as to what I am cosplaying as. (Dark Kingdom manga-version Zoisite really confused everyone...)

tsukinohime
05-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Revive it! Revive it! We need more moon kingdom cosplayers! I really ought to have made a costume of somebody less cosplayed (there are a lot of serenity cosplayers and a lot of them are GOOD) but I loved the dress too much . . . Next time I'll try something a little bit more original.

Michi
05-25-2002, 03:36 AM
I think overdone stuff is fine to do... Cosplay is to make you happy, something fun ~ not a competition. (I should tell myself that more often _)

Anyways -- I'm making a handful of new costumes.. some fun stuff like Shiratori Azusa from Ranma 1/2 and some major stuff like Alcione from Rayearth. Of course, I have A-kon and ReccaCon to prepare for at the moment... ^_^;

Okay, here, I'll make a list. Mind you, I'm an indecisive little sh*t (I censored myself :D).. I decided on a new costume for A-kon to replace a different idea just two days ago. ^_^;; I started work today. :cool:

New costumes....
- Shiratori Azusa [performance outfit with the flowery frills.. I intend to do her regular outfit with the yellow frill for Recca... Oooh and I have a Mikado! :bouncer: I intend to be frighteningly in-character for this one.. I will snatch up random items in the dealer's room while my Mikado is looking at them, call it a cute name, and when he tries to take it from me I'll whack him with my bag-o-con-stuff.. and stuff like that... BWAHAHAHAHA ph34r m3, we've practiced and I do it well] (Ranma 1/2)
- Alcione [big Rayearth grouping planned.. why does no one love Alcione? she's so awesome! ^_____^ evil chicks rock] (Magic Knight Rayearth)
- Prince Demando [for a fun Safiiru-Demando-Esmeraude group] (Sailormoon)
- T.M.Revolution [Jpop cosplay! YAY FRUITY TAKANORI-SAMA GOODNESS! Hot Limit outfit! WOOO strap outfit!! If they have DDR 5th Mix I'll SO perform Hot Limit in it, and I intend to sing it for karaoke.. yaaaay!!]

Old costumes (or at least by the time it's AX)..
- Kuja [errr I dunno why I'm bringing this. I need to wear it to more cons. It's only seen Animagic and the Metreon Festival, or at least on my body.. _] (Final Fantasy IX)
- Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX)
- Nikki (Chrono Cross)
- Juuhachi Gou (Dragonball Z)
- Shiranui Mai [my red one that I haven't worn lately.. I'm making a blue one for A-kon and my friend'll wear it, so we can be alternate Mais together XD] (King of Fighters '99)

.....don't look at me like that, that's nine costumes and there's four days. That means two costumes each day and three on one of them, or some other combination, and I've worn 3-4 outfits per day before... so THERE. :p

I think I might be wearing a Fatima Teppich costume too. :dance: (I ADORE THIS SMILEY GUY!!! *squeezes him*)

Rosiel
05-25-2002, 10:35 AM
> I think overdone stuff is fine to do...

I tend to prefer to do things that people haven't really seen before... I'd rather be Ramirez and have no one recognize me than be Utena #17352426395.3 Plus, I get to plug my favorite series/games, since people will ask you who you are and what you are from. ^____^

Hm... I think it all comes down to whether unicity is a important value for you. I see coming face to face with someone in the same costume the equivalent to finding your husband's mistress wearing the same dress as you at a cocktail party.

"L'enfer, c'est les autres"... which is simply that others scare us because they are us and yet are not. There is this measure of individuality in all of us that scares us and yet is also what is exhilarating, the attraction of the unknown, the uncanny, something to discover... but it's more than that, because it's that part that is frightening which defines us as individuals, and, in a way, when you see someone in the same costume, the same dress, it's like part of that individuality you hate and yet need is stripped away from you.

It explains the power of uniforms. Of behavioural changes brought by being part of a whole as opposed to a separate individual, a unique subdivision of what is means to be human.

>__>
<__<

I'll stop babbling now.

> Prince Demando [for a fun Safiiru-Demando-Esmeraude group] (Sailormoon)

LOL Some of my friends were planning the same thing (Safiiru-Demando-Esmeraude) for Sugoicon at the end of the year... ^____^

I guess if you do it, I might get out of having to wear those weird black-and-white shoes. *crossing fingers*

Michi
05-25-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
I tend to prefer to do things that people haven't really seen before... I'd rather be Ramirez and have no one recognize me than be Utena #17352426395.3 Plus, I get to plug my favorite series/games, since people will ask you who you are and what you are from. ^____^

Ohhh, of course. I certainly love being things that are less popular -- but I was pointing out that it's okay to do something that's seen a lot as long as you enjoy it. ^^
It's fun being lesser known/seen characters because you get to meet the happiest fans of your series.. Like when I saw the Phantasy Star cosplayers at Otakon and went O_O!!!! and was all giddy. ^_^ And at AX 2000 when I saw a Mosquiton group and was sooo happy.... and yeah. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Rosiel
LOL Some of my friends were planning the same thing (Safiiru-Demando-Esmeraude) for Sugoicon at the end of the year... ^____^

I guess if you do it, I might get out of having to wear those weird black-and-white shoes. *crossing fingers*

My friends are all in love with the newest Sailormoon musical featuring the Black Moon... and they don't have a Demando, and Demando is cool. :D

Shalee
05-26-2002, 02:21 AM
I'll be attending Anime Expo only on Saturday this year, since I will be leaving to Idaho (Summer Vacation, literaly) the week of the Expo. >_<;; -- Gotta choose one day, but Saturday's are always the best. ^^; Luckily, I live in Long Beach (10min. away). Phew! XD

Rosiel
05-26-2002, 09:59 AM
> My friends are all in love with the newest Sailormoon musical featuring the Black Moon...

A friend of mine sent me the musicals but I am afraid to watch them. >__< I've seen pictures of some of the actors in costume and I know cosplayers who do a better job than those pros. >__<

Katan
05-27-2002, 03:11 PM
*LOL* dont be afraid! I told you all the scary stuff thats in them. Other than that they are wonderful. You should look at them whenever you have the time....after all the cosplay stress calms down.

> My friends are all in love with the newest Sailormoon musical featuring the Black Moon...

I havnt seen that one!! I saw a few pics on ebay. Ohhh I want it, I want it! The Emerald looked beautiful but she was wearing blue....that doesnt seem right. The Saph was cute as well but I think I remember he was wearing white pants and black shoes. Hmm. I dont think they should change things too much from the anime and manga.

The 2nd set of DK generals scared me to death. *lol* the Kunzite was more fem than Zoisite and they didnt have the right hair color! Hahaha I grew to like them thats the odd thing.

Rosiel
05-27-2002, 04:26 PM
You finally posted something!

*glomps on to Katan*

Lilli
05-27-2002, 08:16 PM
^n.n^ Too many costumes, too little time! I think for AX it's wound up that I'll just bring every one I own.

Millia Rage from Guilty Gear X, Fina from Skies of Arcadia, Millenia from Grandia II, Sanzo from Saiyuki, and then the ones I still have to finish making, Precis from Star Ocean, Iris from Sakura Taisen, Tsubame from Akihabara Dennougumi, and... another one. ^-~

Better for me to bring it along and not wear it than get there and realize, "Gee, I really should have brought *insert costume name here*" Ahhhhhhh, God bless being able to drive to a con, for once ^-~

Rosiel
05-27-2002, 08:19 PM
> Fina from Skies of Arcadia

Ohhhh will you be there on Thursday? I'm bringing Ramirez and Nietsche is bringing Vyse! It would be fun to take pics together!

Lilli
05-27-2002, 08:32 PM
Haai haaaai ^-^ I'm getting there a day early, on Wednesday. Hmmm, sounds like fun! ^-^ I still havn't really planned out what costumes I'm planning on wearing what days, except that Iris is most likely for Sunday.

Oh!! Unforgivable of me!! I forgot to list my Mana costume!! Hidoi... I'm dragging my Kami-chan along, but I don't think Kozi can come anymore. Feh.

Rosiel
05-27-2002, 08:46 PM
> Hmmm, sounds like fun! ^-^ I still havn't really planned out what costumes I'm planning on wearing what days, except that Iris is most likely for Sunday.

So let's plan for it! I'll try and talk Nietsche into wearing Vyse Thursday which would be best for me....

Nadeshiko
05-27-2002, 09:02 PM
I shall be going this year. I will be commuting back and forth from the con since I live ten minutes away from there. ^^

As far as costumes I'm bringing...

Eva Friedel (Memories)
Miaka Daae (Here's to that Day; original chara)
Pepper (Snow Fairy Sugar)
Neo Princess Mars (BSSM)
Utena (Utena)

And a close friend and I are planning a secret costume thingy. That is if I can drag him into cosplaying...

I'm very excited. I will also be celebrating my 18th birthday over there. My friend's band is supposed to perform at it too. Yup, it's going to be a very ghetto, but memorable quittillion debut type thing. ^.~

tsukinohime
05-27-2002, 09:33 PM
ooo, Nadeshiko, when are you wearing mars? I'll be bringing serenity ^_^

Nadeshiko
05-27-2002, 10:09 PM
Definately, I shall be weaing Princess Mars on Sunday