PDA

View Full Version : Cosplaying at the 10th Anniversary movie?

Lady Shinsei
01-12-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm wondering how many people besides myself are planning to wear cosplay to go see the 10th Anniversary movie of Yu-Gi-Oh when it comes out. Probably will be a blast for me, since I cosplay as Pegasus and he's an integral part of the movie's storyline as much as the 3 mains. And quite possibly could get my buddy Fang of Critias (http://www.cosplay.com/member/112325/) to join in the fun as well (he epicly cosplays as Seto Kaiba, the famous white coat version).

So... who else plans to cosplay for the movie? If you do, be sure to try and take some awesome photos of the event and share them with us! Not necessary, but still... it would be cool to have photographic evidence of our adventures...

geomiyo
01-12-2011, 11:36 PM
I want to. I really want to. I'm kind of a huge Jaden/Judai fandork and I really want to cosplay him and I already have an academy-style duel disk and I duel using an Elemental Hero deck... not to mention that the movie would be the perfect opportunity to wear it. I'm so tempted... It just depends on my budget and finding a good wig. On a side note, I worry that my Kuriboh hat- I mean Jaden wig- would get in the way of people sitting behind me in the theater. "Excuse me sir... er, ma'am... (I would be crossplaying) would you kindly remove the small animal atop your head? My child can't see the card games." XD

Anyway, if I do cosplay to see the movie, I will try to remember to take some pictures. ^_^

justify
01-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm definitely Jaden-ing it up whenever I can get to a showing. XD I'm so excited!

Lady Shinsei
01-13-2011, 10:42 PM
It makes me squee to see fellow GX fans around here.

Such a bummer I haven't been able to cosplay as Chumly/Hayato...

(oh well, maybe if/when I get a better job I can afford it)

geomiyo
01-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Yeah, most people I meet are either really into Duel Monsters and/or 5D's and aren't really fans of GX, but I love all three series.

YOU'RE PLANNING A CHUMLEY COSPLAY!? I think I love you.

I know what you mean, I just decided that I am for sure going to cosplay Jaden and since I'm a high school senior who just loves to stress herself out with too many commitments, I don't have time for a job and no job means no money because my parents won't usually fund my cosplay exploits. (But I'm going to try to convince them to get me a compression shirt, I might ask for it for my birthday "What do you want for your 18th birthday, honey?" "To be a man" XD) But luckily, I have a little money that I got for Christmas. But even so, Jaden will probably be the main cosplay I do this year, if not the only one, but because it's Jaden, it's totally worth it.

RadRage
01-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Uggh thats such a cool idea! lol. I would love to cosplay Pegasus but I dont know anyone who'd cosplay with me. ;-;

Lady Shinsei
01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
@ RadRage: Do it anyways, even if there's no one else cosplaying! (and especially with how epic your Pegasus is; folks might think you were hired to show up for it or something...LOL). The whole fun of it is being the character you love to cosplay as, watching the movie, and the added bonus of people thinking you're so awesome for doing it (this happened to my friends when attending the showing of Naruto: Clash of Ninja in the Land of Snow).

MeiChama
01-17-2011, 03:59 PM
I am! But I'm being a character from 5D's that doesn't even show up in the movie. XDDDD But still, it'll be fun. >w<

MinaUchiha2
01-20-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm definitely Jaden-ing it up whenever I can get to a showing. XD I'm so excited!

Haha we should go together as the Jaden twins lol.

Angii
01-28-2011, 01:38 AM
Gonna be bringing a Casual!Yusei Fudo most likely (I don't have the jacket done, dangit!) if the rest of my group finishes at least their wigs (I got an Aki and a Jack comin' with~ ^_^)
If not I'll fall back on Jaden/Judai or Johan/Jesse.
But I do know I will be cosplaying. *__*

fujyoshi
02-07-2011, 09:35 AM
/heh when does this movie come out? If so I'll cosplay to that as well ;p I have all the Yu-Gi-Oh GX jackets (:

MeiChama
02-07-2011, 06:38 PM
/heh when does this movie come out? If so I'll cosplay to that as well ;p I have all the Yu-Gi-Oh GX jackets (:
February 26/27 and March 5/6

acostory
02-07-2011, 08:36 PM
I shall definitely be going as casual!Johan. If I get off my arse and actually buy a wig. Also dragging my Jaden and Chazz with me :3

happysmeagol
02-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Movies aren't nearly as fun without costumes~I can't imagine going to a Harry Potter movie out of costume!
A friend and I will probably go as Marik and Bakura...although whether either is in the movie, I have no idea.... ^^
I'd love to see everyone else's costumes as well...anyone in Las Vegas?

fujyoshi
02-11-2011, 07:52 AM
February 26/27 and March 5/6

oh wow thats gonna be nice, I hope the NY area has rid there bedbugs because I haven't been to the movies wit that in mind come to think of it.

Lady Shinsei
02-11-2011, 11:48 AM
You've gotta find out where the movie is showing near ya, though. Found out the movie peeps are being jerks and making it severely hard to go see it in some states (here in Washington, it's only being shown in one well-known area but it's hard to travel to, the other few ones being in way out of the way locations where I doubt there even are Yu-Gi-Oh fans nearby).

Here is the mega list of theater locations - search for one near you (http://www.cinedigm.com/locator/index.php)

@ Fujyoshi: Yuuuuuck. I hate those so bad, those little vampiric freaks. X(

acostory
02-11-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm lucky, I guess. The movie is showing in my small little town for some unexplained reason xD

fujyoshi
02-12-2011, 09:54 AM
wow no results x-x I take it Yu-Gi-Oh isn't too popular where I'm from -_- oh dang there better not be bed bugs in those long island locations -_= I doubt I can go right off the bat.

bakamoose2931
02-13-2011, 06:17 PM
I'mma be going as Aki! I tried to look over a list to see who all the characters were appearing in it and it seems like Aki would be the best for me lol

fujyoshi
02-14-2011, 06:57 AM
meh I need a wig for Judai if I'm gonna cosplay him although I can always use my real hair maybe /heh

Lady Shinsei
02-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Most of my buds don't care if the character they cosplay as isn't in the movie. XD

Definitely going to see the movie on the 27th, and it's gonna be fun - some of my friends coming are also planning on dueling while we wait until it's time to go watch it.

MeiChama
02-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Most of my buds don't care if the character they cosplay as isn't in the movie. XD.

XDDDD Sounds like me. But hey, as long as it's fun right?

RadRage
02-24-2011, 11:25 PM
I honestly cannot get over the jealously when I looked through the NYC pictures on the Yugioh facebook group. I could have met Darren Dunstan. ;-;

Pics of NYC Yugioh Movie premier is here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/Yugioh

Lady Shinsei
02-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Not fair... especially for someone like me who's local cons are biased against anyone involved in the series and never getting to meet any of them (the con peeps refuse to invite them as guests, due to the staff disliking the series for various dumb reasons).

Anyhoo, get a load of the pics that I took at our little gathering (btw, there was a lot more fans involved than shown). And I love what happened while leaving the theater - I made a little girl squee with delight when she realized I was cosplaying as Pegasus.

Members of Umbrella Duelists posing around the movie poster (http://kitesanjuro.deviantart.com/art/YGO-3D-Movie-Gathering-Pic-01-199172932)

And here is my facebook album that has several pics from the event (note: the first 3 items are not movie-related and concern Umbrella Duelists' stuff).

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?fbid=477952023655&id=596543655&aid=261541

UsakoLuna
02-28-2011, 08:02 PM
I saw it yesterday! I didn't cosplay though. Or see any cosplayers. :( I wish I had, that would have cool!

Lady Shinsei
03-07-2011, 09:32 PM
@ UsakoLuna: None at all? That's as much a bummer as what happened to my friend Shannon - her and a friend were the only 2 people at their local theater in cosplay (dressed as Aki and Crow from Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds), and had to put up with some lame-o dorks (they kept mockingly shouting "Cardgames on motorcycles" to the point of making Shannon want to punch those doing it). At least one guy made their day rock when he mentioned that "only the smart people wear costumes". XD

~Here's the best pics I took, for those of you not on Facebook~ (http://kara-kazeneko.deviantart.com/art/YGO-3D-Movie-Gathering-Pics-199454158)