PDA

View Full Version : Help! Furuba [Ayame]

Baka Neko
10-19-2002, 11:29 PM
Hi,
I'm a newbie to cosplaying. ^^; I'm going to be cosplaying as Ayame from Fruits Basket. First off, does anyone know what the best material is for making a chinese styled costume? Also, I'm having the hardest time trying to find a WHITE wig that goes down to the butt (approx. 3 ft.) The only wigs I've found are a light blonde & only 2 ft long =( I'm desperate & I'd mean the world to me if I could find a white, straight, 3 ft long wig! ^^; I'll post a few pics of ayame once I get my scanner or capture card workin ^^ In the mean time I have a close up pic of who I'm talking about ^^;

*Baka Neko*

ReiChan
10-19-2002, 11:47 PM
Try amphigory.com for long wigs. I know their long one comes in white, but it doesn't have bangs so you'd have to cut and style it.

For the chinese-style costume, I wouldn't worry too much about what material to make it out of, but I wouldn't make it out of satin, since Ayame's outfit is obviously not supposed to be shiny.

Also, are you going to AX this year? I want to cosplay Haru...we should have a Fruits Basket group this year.

Baka Neko
10-20-2002, 12:07 AM
I was actually thinking about going since one of my friend's brother lives a few miles from where its gonna be next yr ^^ I mostly participate in AMV Contests so I'll be at Fanime & I'll aim on going to AX 2003. But if I can't get enough money I'll have to pass, I want to focus on saving up for AX 2004 in Japan! ^^ If I do make it I'll be happy to be in a Furuba group =P btw Thanks for the website!

*BakaNeko*