PDA

View Full Version : Rin Kagamine - Meltdown

AkatsukiSky
01-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi!

I have a quite very simple (and probably stupid) question to ask. I'm am now trying to make the Meltdown version of Rin and I was wondering if there was a particular way to make the yellow ribbon around her neck? I've been searching for "sailor fuku" tutorials and none seems to explain this part.

Picture reference (http://moetron.com/newfiles/20090124_meltdown_002.png)

Also, would anyone have a suggestion regarding the strips on the gloves? Paint or sewing/glueing ribbons?

Thank you :)

SaChan
01-15-2011, 07:18 PM
For the yellow, I'm actually not too sure.
But for the gloves, I would recommend fabric paint. I used fabric paint for my meltdown Miku gloves, and it turned out very well! I would not recommend gluing ribbon. I tried that first with mine and it did not work at all.

For painting the stripes, what I did was I inserted the gloved-shaped cardboard into the gloves themselves, so it wouldn't leak through to the other side. I placed painter's tape where I wanted the stripes to go. First I painted a layer of white fabric paint, sort of like a primer so the color would show up better. After that was completely dry, I painted the color on top of the white layer. After being 100% certain it was dry, I removed the tape and the line turned out to be quite clean.

I made these gloves in the summer and have since worn them several times, and there is no flaking or chipping of the paint. So fabric paint is definitely the way to go. :)

MisaChan
01-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Get a square of the fabric you are using and cut a oval.

You should have a sailor fuku. Add velcro and hot glue the yellow fabric over it :3

Thats what I did for my Rin cosplay.

AkatsukiSky
01-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Ok, I resolved the bow part. Well, my mom did. Just used a long stripe of yellow fabric and tied it like a tie. This is how it looks (http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/423/photodu61494324011704.jpg) and I am quite pleased with it :)

@SaChan: Your gloves look absolutely stunning! o_o The lines show off so well and clean! Thank you for the advice, I think I'll do that ^_^

SaChan
01-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Thank you very much! That means a lot to me. :D I hope your gloves turn out well, too :) The costume is looking great!