PDA

View Full Version : Alistar Krory III help

stitchez
01-16-2011, 06:35 PM
So I really want to cosplay Krory, and I have the hair down (going to use my own after I dye it black again and use white extensions for the bangs) and the teeth, but I'm stumped on the outfit. It's been a while since I've read the chapters/seen the episodes that he's in so I need some help finding good refs for his 1st exorcist uniform. Also any input on patterns that would work to make the uniform would be amazing,

Thanks everyone in advance for the help!

EDIT::::
Because for some reason I forgot one of the most important parts - his pointed ears D8> Does anyone have links to good tutorials or sites that they can be bought on fairly cheap? In the manga his seem huge so IDK how well Party City can help me with that, especially since it isnt the Halloween season anymore.

heaven_firings
01-16-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm not too sure if the one I did is his first or second uniform: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/335129/

If it is I can help with more info, if not I might have some ref pics since I got different ones when debating which outfit to make.

stitchez
01-16-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm not too sure if the one I did is his first or second uniform: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/335129/

If it is I can help with more info, if not I might have some ref pics since I got different ones when debating which outfit to make.

That's a very nicely done costume :> I believe that one is his second one though, the first has a more flared out collar and is shown around... chapter 45 if I remember right? His first mission after being recruited in the manga.

heaven_firings
01-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Well I can at least help with the undershirt because it's the same for both.

I used McCalls 5734 pattern and just used the length to the waist. I don't remember if it called for a zipper in the front but that's where I put it, it was a small toothed zipper so it was hard to see. For the spiral things I attached bias tape, which takes awhile but works well. As for the ruffles I used pre-made stripes but you could make them yourself if you feel like it.

The one thing that is different between the two is the cuffs, mine are rib nit but that outfit you could just use the pattern as is and gather it around your wist to get the right look.

For the ears I got these (http://www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_ears/large_elf_ear). Hope that's a little helpful.

stitchez
01-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Very helpful! I'd been planning on going to a few stores over the next month to find a pattern for the undershirt. I'll probably end up making the ruffles myself only because I have some white fabric that isn't being useful anytime in the future and would be perfect for that with maybe a tad of starch or interfacing.

Sadly the ears are a bit out of my range right now but definitely bookmarking that site. If nothing else I can wait for Halloween to roll by again and snag a pair at the blowout sales XD

Thank you very much for the help~

If nothing else I'll have his undershirt done and can just make a huge black, slightly tattered cloak as his pre-exorcist outfit.