PDA

View Full Version : Disney Princesses

Megumi-chan
10-18-2003, 02:33 AM
Okay, so my two friends and I have decided to go to prom as Disney Princesses. One them has already decided who she wants to be (Belle), and of course I've decided who I want to be (Aurora), so the question is this; If you were friend #2 and you had your pick of ALL (meaning not limited to the six you can get dolls of) but Aurora and Belle of the Disney princesses, who would you choose?

Ali
10-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Cindy. Hands down. Though Aurora and Belle are my favs (in that order) I've always liked Cinderella's dress.

KiriyamaAndo
10-18-2003, 03:53 PM
I look good in >flashy< colors. So I would say Belle. Plus..i love how the bell is in dresses.

That's an awesome idea for your proms. Who would forget that.

FairyDust
10-19-2003, 12:53 AM
She's not a princess but my favorite has always been Jane from Tarzan.

Ali
10-19-2003, 01:43 PM
Hmm... Tinkerbell might be fun, too. (I like green.... and she could have fairy wings!)

Aikou
10-19-2003, 02:00 PM
well.. I've been Jasmine for Halloween Three times when I was around 6.. and then there was Pocahontas. and THEN I was Megara, when Hercules came out... Since Megara isn't actually a princess.. I think I'd choose Jasmine one more time. I guess I'm not much for dresses is why, and her outift is just awesome, especially those shoes XD

but for prom, I like Belle's dress. Beauty and the beast was one of my faves.

o_0; don't EVER ask me to be snow white, LOL

Fénicia
10-19-2003, 05:03 PM
My Disney-outfits (http://web.wanadoo.be/fenicia/disney/meisjes.htm) :angel: :sunny: ;)

archangeli
10-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Aurora. hands down. no arguement.

BUT she must be in BLUE!!!!

Her dress looks like puke when it's pink!!!

bunnybeth
10-24-2003, 09:47 AM
That is such a great idea, how fun! For your Aurora dress (I looooove Sleeping Beauty) are you going to do the blue or pink version? Now, since you are Aurora and your first friend Belle, I would say that the 3rd costume being Cinderella would make the most sense. They would all go together really well as the classic European fairy tale princesses, rather than throwing in, say, a Jasmine costume. Just remember it's a white dress, not blue. Dratted Disney princess line of mass-produced junk.

Megumi-chan
10-24-2003, 03:01 PM
That is such a great idea, how fun! For your Aurora dress (I looooove Sleeping Beauty) are you going to do the blue or pink version? Now, since you are Aurora and your first friend Belle, I would say that the 3rd costume being Cinderella would make the most sense. They would all go together really well as the classic European fairy tale princesses, rather than throwing in, say, a Jasmine costume. Just remember it's a white dress, not blue. Dratted Disney princess line of mass-produced junk.

For junior Prom (this year) I'm gonna do The blue version. For Senior prom its gonna be a toned down pink (Pastel, not eye-burning hot) Yeah, Corrine decided on Cinderella after much consideraion. So We'll be Aurora, Belle, and Cinderella come May. Thanx for the suggestions everyone! :angel:

Ali
10-24-2003, 04:25 PM
That's so cool... be sure to post pictures of the three of you when you get the gowns finished!

archangeli
10-25-2003, 02:01 AM
i can die happy ;)

Carmila
10-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Aurora. hands down. no arguement.

BUT she must be in BLUE!!!!

Her dress looks like puke when it's pink!!!

PINK! By far it would have to be Aurora in Pink. SB is my favorite disney film of all time (if I buy one more piece of memoribilia, I think my mother will kill me!)

DarkGunner
11-02-2003, 03:21 PM
eeeee another Aurora? How very magical!! Im working on my BLUE version of her dress right now. My main goal is to get her Briar Rose outfit done, tis be my favorite. ^^

Meredisu-chan
11-02-2003, 04:34 PM
Mulan is most definitely my favourite. Technically she's not a princess, but I'm pretty sure she's part of Disney's princesses. But personally, I've always been more of a villains kinda girl.

-Meredisu-chan

ChibiToon
11-02-2003, 07:46 PM
Definately Mulan!

If I were to do one of her outfits, it would have to be the ballerina dress from the new Princess dolls that are out now.

CT

Serria
11-02-2003, 08:26 PM
Actually, Megara *was* a Princess in the actual legend, but I guess since this is Disney "real life" doesn't really count! ^__^ (Aurora should be BLUE.)

I would be Kiara from the Lion King Two. Just because. ^^;

Meredisu-chan
11-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Although, now that I think about it, (I was looking at a Disney catalogue today) it might be cool to have Belle in yellow, Cinderella in blue, and Aurora in pink. You know, like primary colours.

-Meredisu-chan

Ali
11-04-2003, 02:19 PM
Hee hee...
BLUE!
PINK!
BLUE!...
It reminds me of the argument from the movie... Hee hee.

Carmila
11-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Everytime I watch it, I am waiting for her dress to turn green...But that is beside the point. My best friend in HS did a Cinderella style blue dress for our Senior Prom. It was so cute!

And PINK rules.

*Jibrielle*
11-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Woo hoo Pink Rules!!!!! Buuut I like her dress better in BLUE

Bluejuicebox
11-10-2003, 11:18 PM
Cindarella's dress isn't really blue, it's all white and twinkly... and I like Aurora's gown best in blue. But you could always make the version that's swirled pink and blue that is the result of an accidental clashing of wand-spells! That would certainly be interesting.... ;)

newmyu
11-22-2003, 05:53 AM
When I read the whole Aurora thing... I keep envisioning some of that fabric that changes colour, y'know? Like, from a light blue to a light pink and back depending upon where you're seeing it from.. ^_^;

Oselle
11-22-2003, 09:00 PM
You may think I'm nuts, but...

Kida from Atlantis!!

Mostly because I have a weakness for tattoos. That, and she rocks.

Raiderbabe
03-28-2004, 08:19 AM
awwwww i have always loved the idea of disney princess cosplay, my faves are:
Jasmine in aqua outfit ( aladdin)
Ariel as mermaid (little mermaid)
Belle blue dress ( beauty and the beast)

GoldfishGirl
03-28-2004, 12:14 PM
I've always invisioned an Aurora outfit in some psycho-colored silk taffetta, like New Myu said. I think it'd rock.

Drackt
03-28-2004, 07:53 PM
You know, I have a magenta bridesmaid dress hanging in my closet that I've always wanted to use to cosplay as Aurora, BUT I'd make cute and frilly matching armwarmers since there are no sleeves. It does have a plunging neckline and fake diamond brooch on it. And I'd have to make an overskirt to go with it, too.

Hmm, too bad I won't be attending the Disney Halloween party when I go there in October...it would've been that or Kairi. I think it would be awkward going as a Universal character to a Disney event....

Moon_Fish
11-09-2007, 08:58 PM
I actually have seen a few Auroras in a really pretty shade of purple. So it sort of meets the whole blue/pink thing right in the middle. I wish my prom would have a cool topic like a story book characters theme. I personally would do Ariel in her pink dress. Despite what others say, I like Redheads in pink ^^.

kojirojames2004
11-10-2007, 10:07 PM
In the Parade of Dreams at Disneyland, Aurora wears a purple dress. That would be a compromise and surprise to everyone.

Drackt
11-11-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm thinking of doing a Giselle one, but I can't seem to find a pattern to use for this one. All I could find was a coat in Regency style. (I love when Mona May does Regency style clothing. :) )

Teal dress (http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/costumersguide/Enchanted/enchanted-in-central-park02.jpg)

Quite funny that according to a still in "Entertainment Weekly", she makes the dress out of his curtains like Scarlett O'Hara did. :)

I am, however, making a young Kairi dress for my niece and a Namine one for myself when we go to Disney World next year. :D