PDA

View Full Version : DMC3 Boots

RadioactiveSkin
01-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on DMC 3 Dante's boots? I can't seem to find tall zip up boots...

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7365/dante5.jpg

Technowraith
01-24-2011, 12:15 AM
You may not be able to find an exact match to Dante's boots. They're a very unique style. Unless you can access someone willing to make the shoes from scratch, your only other possible option is ebay.

In terms of a regular boot equivalent, try any similarly colored work boot. Steel tips aren't required. If you're looking for a more stylish boot, try hot topic's website. They carry boots that may suit the look for Dante. While the hot topic boots may look pretty cool, they aren't as rugged in the end as work boots. But they can last for a few years if taken care of properly and worn mostly at cons or cosplay events, rather than everyday wear. Work boots will serve better if you actively wear your cosplay outside of cons and events.

LoveofCountry
03-07-2011, 10:31 PM
If you don't mind the feet heat in a spring/summer con and can get past the lack of a second buckle then these things are pretty much a DMC3 Dante boot wet dream. Noticed them at the mall one day, and they're on clearance right now so I'd hurry and pick 'em up if you got the dough and want very good retail authenticity.
http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/clearance/mens-boots/product/81352816-thomer/97

2DLogic
03-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Awesome find, sir. Adding another buckle shouldn't be too difficult at all, and then you've pretty much got the perfect boot. I may try to snag a pair of these tomorrow.

LoveofCountry
03-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Happy to help a fellow DMC fan :0). Best of luck

2DLogic
03-13-2011, 10:47 PM
I actually put in an order for these right after I checked my local ALDO and found that they didn't have them anymore. They should be arriving sometime this week. I'll put up some pics as soon as they arrive and hopefully if anyone is on the fence about a purchase it'll be enough to help them make a decision.

LordDraco3
03-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Those are an amazing find, sir! I am going to have to repost them in the main thread.