PDA

View Full Version : Otakuthon 2011 costume plans/ideas?

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-19-2011, 01:18 PM
I have so many idea bouncing around in my head for this con myself. But I only want to do one more new one.

I'm torn really.
Mad Hatter/Belial ~ Angel Sanctuary
Takuto: Galactic Pretty Boy ~ Star Driver
Stocking or a Ghost ~ P&SwGB
Zidane's ~ Dissidia design

:eeek:

The reason I'm worried about it is I like to source materials for my costumes well in advance so that it gives me time to work on them. Locally I have very limited fabric options.

I usually helps if there's a group to go into personally since I like lesser done cosplay but hate having no one recognized it.

Shouri no Hana
01-20-2011, 10:08 AM
The only costume I have confirmed for this year is Kain Highwind's Dissidia version. I might be Lightning again, it really depends how everything works out by then, I guess.

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Love a guy that can pull off purple lipstick. :bigtu:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101209004038/finalfantasy/images/8/8a/Vaan_kain.jpg

Nefer
01-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Ah, more dissidia love, that's great to see! :)
Personally I'll have WoL for our AN/Otak Dissidia group (probably saturday), otherwise Beatrix from FF9 and Yuuichi Komura from Hiiro no Kakera (unless I can't afford the fur of doom ^^; ). All of those cosplay are for AN first, so I'll only have to help our Terra if necessary before Otakuthon ;p

Oh, and btw Ani_BEE, if that can help you choose, there are already two Garnet confirmed for Otakuthon on their official forum ^_~

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-20-2011, 01:27 PM
I've always loved the sneaky theif :D I'm playing Dissidia right now so I'm mostly torn between him and Takuto-kun. It doesn't help they have similar personalities either.

Nefer
01-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Lol ya well, you have the choice between a pretty white trench outfit, or a pretty belt-beads thief outfit ^^; Only thing I can see that makes a difference is the awesome wig of Takuto, but then again Zidane has swords and enough pockets/hip purse thingie to store your wallet and everything else without having to carry a bag!

And dissidia is addictive, just as much as KH Birth by Sleep, curse that psp and its good games! XD

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-20-2011, 02:41 PM
I :heart: PSP. There was some good game on the DS systems but I never bothered with them. I played FFVII Crisis Core over the summer and BBS I just finished.

Takuto hair is so much love... he dose have swords as well, light swords that are impossible to recreate properly without being insanely fragile while being light-up friendly. :thumbsup: Plus everyone loves a PSSM style transformation sequence... That that Tuxedo Mask.

Either one I can see "Dazzle the Stage" during the masquerade. It might come down to how Star Driver ends. lol

Shouri no Hana
01-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Love a guy that can pull off purple lipstick. :bigtu:

Oh dear... I totally forgot about that.....

Kimmy
01-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Either one I can see "Dazzle the Stage" during the masquerade. It might come down to how Star Driver ends. lol
Takuto's Galactic Pretty Boy outfit would be super cool to see! How Star Driver ends is probably going to be the deciding factor on whether or not I cosplay from the series too. XD

I'm not too sure what I'm going to be cosplaying to Otaukthon yet. It'll probably be 3 or 4 of the following:

- Clover (9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors)
- Oz (Pandora Hearts)
- Rin (Vocaloid: Himitsu Keisatsu)
- Mizuno or Manticore (Star Driver)
- Amiti (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)

MDA
01-20-2011, 09:56 PM
For a while I had this set up:

Friday : Sexy Geisha Nia Teppelin - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Saturday : girl!Sephiroth - Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Sunday : Sexy Nurse Yoko Littner - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

But now... it's looking more like this:

Friday : Sexy Nurse Yoko Littner - TTGL
Saturday : girl!Sephiroth - FFVII: AC
Sunday: Nougami Neuro - Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

I'm only bringing Neuro back if my friend ForeverFlame is able to get the demon head done for her Neuro cosplay. So there may be two Neuros at Otakuthon this year :) All we need is a Godai and/or Yako!

FallenWingsHeal
01-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Currently planning to test out my new Steampunk Mechanic costume prior to my LARP this year. Running around with a giant wrench and steampunk Automail!

Vicky Janelle
01-21-2011, 10:12 AM
I have already confirmed my costume for this years.
Saturday Raccoon Luigi
Sunday Umbreon Pokemon (since Sunday is Pokemon Cosplay day)

trixyloupwolf
01-21-2011, 11:18 AM
nya!! its all be super fun^^

friday: another one or sugar (snow fairy sugar)
sathusday:maybe sugar or another one
sunday: my pokemon cause its pokemon day nya yeah/!! tentacruel human version will be awsome nya^^

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Takuto's Galactic Pretty Boy outfit would be super cool to see! How Star Driver ends is probably going to be the deciding factor on whether or not I cosplay from the series too. XD

I'm not too sure what I'm going to be cosplaying to Otaukthon yet. It'll probably be 3 or 4 of the following:

- Clover (9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors)
- Oz (Pandora Hearts)
- Rin (Vocaloid: Himitsu Keisatsu)
- Mizuno or Manticore (Star Driver)
- Amiti (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)

Depending on how well I finish the coat I'll be tempted to bring Jack down as well. ;)

VickyBunnyAngel
01-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Ani, I think you should do either Zidane or Takuto (how abotu both?). I always thought Zidane was soooo cute!

For Otakuthon I'm bringing:

Dark Elf, from Lineage II
Hrist from Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Normally i would say yes too both but I also am aware that I'll only start working on these after AN and my experience with complicated costumes is that I do both at one time I'll not finish one in time. Jack got pushed back till know for that reason as well. lol

I'm happy to bring already made costume to Otakuthon for the other days since during the summer it get pretty hectic with clients wanting thing a week ago before they talk to us.

I got to say after watching episode 14 and 15 Kimmy, Marino/Manticore character is pretty interesting. I'm left wondering how it's going to unravel.

Kimmy
01-21-2011, 08:01 PM
If you manage to finish Jack, that'd be really awesome! One of my friends may be cosplaying Alice too. =D

Yeah, I can't wait to find out the whole story behind Marino's character~

xshedevilx
01-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Due to the fact mine and my sister's wings would be crushed on the long bus ride, we've decided not to bring Morrigan and Lilith.
However, my plans so far are to bring Nico Robin, Talho Yuuki, and Dahlia Gillespie as I may have a couple nurses wandering about with me. Hopefully it all works out.

marya_lupin
01-25-2011, 11:39 AM
My friends and me are redoing a whole Ouran group, but with some changes...This time I will be Hikaru (usually is a Tamaki cosplayer since people love to bully me...)--- We were the opne with the cardboard Mori XD

Then we have a group of 12 cosplayers for Kuni no Alice . I will be the March hare Elliot, and will try to make a giant carrot cupcake plushie^^

Finally, the last day I will be Lu Bu and my friend will cosplay Zhang He from Dynasty Warrior.... XD

MagiFox
01-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to go, since I've just found out that my dad and his girlfriend are getting married the week after Otakuthon, so (not trying to be selfish but) I'm crossing my fingers that no rehersals/parties are scheduled for that weekend (at least not for Friday/Saturday) since I'm to be one of the head bridesmaids! D:

As for cosplays, it's still pretty early to say for schedule/budget reasons, but here's an early guess:

Friday: Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!) or Simon [Pre-time skip/Ep. 26 Alt. Reality) (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Saturday: Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Sunday: Finnian (Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler) or Pokabu/Tepig Gijinka (Pokemon)

Rock nam Lee
01-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Still not sure what I'll be bringin' to Otakuthon, whether it'll be new or old we'll see. Will probably be doin' more photos for this con, but still wan to crank out a costume or 2.

Fallen Sephiros
01-27-2011, 10:31 PM
I haven't even completely figured out Anime North or LBM... so Otakuthon? Not at all.

Though, I'm thinking of bringing Kamina with me. Don't know what else I should bring/make.

Risea
01-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm definitely doing Judith from Tales of Vesperia. So if you see a blue-ish blur run by you, chances are, it will be me running around for the guests :)

Mokmo
01-29-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm definitely doing Judith from Tales of Vesperia. So if you see a blue-ish blur run by you, chances are, it will be me running around for the guests :)
Good thing you have the Toronto cons to actually have you doing normal con stuff ;)

Risea
01-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Mokmo: haha! yea. Though I still don't sit still at any of the Toronto Conventions either :P

Kildread
01-30-2011, 12:51 AM
As stated in my other thread :

Megamind
Jellal Fernandes (Fairy Tail)

...and for the last day, my choice has been set in stone: Ozaki Toshio from Shiki :D

...I totally will want a picture of your cosplay! (I do believe I saw your BlazBlue photoshoot in Minh's albums...)

Ritsuka182
01-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Omg if you cosplay as Zidane, I'm hunting you down because I'm planning to cosplay as Garnet. >:3

sdeegan
02-03-2011, 10:53 PM
I hope they're a lot of people going as YuGiOh characters!

loki555
02-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Costume plans for me are Eternal Jupiter and if i can get it done in time, Euphemia White gown :D :p

WARPAINTandUnicorns
02-11-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm waffling now between my Allen Crown Clown Gen.2 uniform that is 70% and Takuto Galactic Pretty Boy for a costume. Zidane a tiny bit over done and I like costumes that are harder to make or not seen that often.

I was suppose to finish my Allen Crown Clown for FanExpo 2009 but my sewing machine crapped out and didn't finish it in time. It's sitting lonely in my closet with my finished boots, uniform coat, pants, eye piece and mask. Things I need to finish are the claw, make white jacket and wig with a hairline/lacefront.

Plus I'm feeling the weight of getting an new MAC BookPro ... $3000CAN lighter with taxes :drunk:. I guess it will come down to what I have left after AN to see what I can put forward into a new costume materials or not since I have everything I need for Allen in materials mostly. :hafha:

xshedevilx
02-11-2011, 09:14 PM
^ I support Crown Clown. I remember how hard you were working on it and I would DEFINITELY support seeing the full version come to fruition.

MagiFox
02-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Me too. I saw your previous Allan Walker cosplay and I thought you did such an amazing job, Ani_BEE! Coming from experience, I think you shound finish what you started. I have my unfinished Zelman Clock cosplay sitting in my closet. All the pieces are cut, but they haven't been sewn together. Plus, I don't have a wig yet. Hmm... maybe this year I'll finish it... :/

WARPAINTandUnicorns
02-12-2011, 11:53 AM
It gives me the time to perfect things like the wig and I had two failed attempts at the Claw finger (material wise) so this time I should have it down. It's also not going to be out of pleather for personal comfort ... vinyl is a bitch to wear regardless of the weather lol. But I really like how it looks in twill.

Also like to first up my Version 1 of Timcampy so that the poor thing can stick to my shoulder (wings were to heavy so I ripped them off the body lol).

Zhor'Fughakee
02-19-2011, 10:13 PM
I will be cosplayed as Cortana =] I can't wait to go to Otaku ! I went to Comic Con, but Otaku looks so nice !!!!!

sdeegan
02-19-2011, 10:36 PM
I did a Cubone cosplay last year. And well, this year, it's going to be a secret. C:

Jesse-Jawbreake
02-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Im debating between Amu Hinamori and Mizore Shirayuki for the whole weekend because I can't really do anything hard but I'd like other possibilities, so if you have any other ideas for a simple somewhat cheap cosplay, that would help a lot. :)

trixyloupwolf
02-20-2011, 10:09 PM
both are cute^^
pick the one you prefer and are more confortable in it^^
nya!!
waa cuteness a head^^

Geb_Geb
02-25-2011, 12:20 PM
wow 2 garnet lol XD I'm also bringing Garnet back (lacking money to start a new big project :( ) So i'm gonna repimp my Garnet gown with all the accessories and a good wig and I might do her Dagger outfit if I found some interesting fabrics to do it. FFIX powaaa

xXRickXx
02-27-2011, 04:38 PM
<.<
>.>
Banette and some secret cosplay.........dun DUN DUUUUUUN!

Jessica Freaxx
03-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm Torn between :
Luki or Noki (twins) : DOGS : Bullets & Carnage
Miku Hatsune : Vocaloid
Ciel Phantomhive : Black butler
Simon : Gurren Lagan <3

I can't make up myy mind! </3

genkimami
03-11-2011, 09:49 AM
I'll be cosplaying Fuuka Yamagishi from Persona 3. I might also take Kurai (from Angel Sanctuary) to wear on Friday night or Sunday.

WARPAINTandUnicorns
03-11-2011, 10:29 AM
If everything works out (in terms of getting there) I'll be going as Mami Tomoe from Puella Magi Madoka ☆ Magica.

:p Yes I've committed to something, I'll be finish Allen for the winter since it hot wearing fur and it means I won't dream up anything else again till the spring cons.

MDA
03-18-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm Torn between :

Luki!!! I'm trying to convince my friend to come to Otakuthon and bring her Noki cosplay!

Kaoru133
04-02-2011, 05:42 PM
i'm offically going to all three days now
will be doing Kaito, butler version -if I get picked for the cosplay cafe- xD
if not then doing kaito love is war pv
Kyo from dir en grey
and maybe DJ Sisen :D

Kira*chan
04-04-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm not 100 sure if I'm able to go yet, and it depends on what I can get finished, but I'm trying to finish the following cosplays for Otakuthon:

-Fifa!Spain (Hetalia)
-Hitsuji de Oyasumi Drama CD version Spain (Hetalia)
-Summer Uniform version Romano (Hetalia)
-White/Hilda/Touko (Pokemon Black/White)

c:

MDA
04-08-2011, 09:50 PM
I now have a backup plan for Sunday of Otakuthon.

So at the moment, my lineup looks like this:

Fri.: Nurse Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagann) - with a plastic syringe (needle removed) for a prop

Sat.: girl!Sephiroth (FF7: Advent Children) - with Black Materia & Masamune as props

Sun.: Nougami Neuro (Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro) - with an Evil Friday as a prop
Sun. Backup: Godai Shinobu (also MTNN) - with a toy gun for a prop

Godai's a backup plan in case my friend ForeverFlame isn't able to finish the demon head for her Neuro cosplay. So if she does normal Neuro instead of the demon version, I'll be Godai, her slave.

Shouri no Hana
04-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Mmm my plans have changed, whatever I wear to Otakuthon will probably what I wear to FanExpo... so it's from this list

Lightning's DLC Alt from Dissidia 012, or Lightning herself.
Edge from FFIV
Oerba Yun Fang
Fem Hawke from Dragon Age 2
Yusei Fudo.

I've been sitting on Yusei for almost two years now >.>

MDA
04-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Another backup... for Friday this time.

If I'm unable to get a wig for Yoko, I'll do Anti-Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II. I'm almost tempted to say screw it and do Anti-Roxas anyway since I love my AntiForms and I've debuted an AntiForm to each Otakuthon...

xSkylar
04-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Panty <3

Edgar Strife
04-27-2011, 01:18 AM
First time (finaly, been wanting to check this convention for some times) will be heading to Otakuthon. Cosplay projects no ideas, something from CLAMP that is for sure. Guess when the day comes I'll figure the rest.

r.fLowers
05-02-2011, 08:51 PM
This will be my first time going to Otakuthon... im soo excited!! :)
I want to go as Haruko Haruhara and Ramona Flowers...
Any other FLCL and Scott Pilgrim cosplayers goin??? Maybe we can get a group together :3

Zhor'Fughakee
05-03-2011, 10:32 AM
After a year of dreaming about having a Assassin's creed cosplay, well for Otakuthon day 2, I will be crossplayed as Ezio Auditore from Assassin's creed BrotherHood :) <3 and Cortana for the first day, will my Halo group ^^

MDA
05-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm so conflicted now for Otakuthon...

I can't decide on what I want to do more. But I'm taking Sephiroth out of the lineup.

I'm considering the following for the Friday:
Nurse Yoko from Gurren Lagann
Anti-Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II (I'm leaning more towards this one)
Vexen from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Saturday:
Agito/Akito Wanijima from Air Gear (only one I'm actually definite about)

Sunday:
Godai Shinobu
Nougami Neuro (both from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro)
-- This day will depend on if my friend gets her demon head for Neuro done in time.

Help?

trixyloupwolf
05-08-2011, 03:05 PM
yeah iam happy so many cosplay.com friend are coming ^^

hint for all we have pokemon day on sunday
(well yet we are a huge group of at least 180 people and more but o well anithing can hapen until then right so some may drop out some may add up ^^ who knows nya)

otakuthon is a great con to have fun and have friendly staff ^^
hope to see you all in person at least for a picture nya!!

hug hug
trixy

Mokmo
05-08-2011, 07:35 PM
I need Pokeballs for sunday!

trixyloupwolf
05-09-2011, 07:45 AM
styrofoam ball painted i have made myself one yet lol^^

it be fun!!!

Ushishishi
05-09-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure about the details yet but expect a huge Gintama group! :D

Shouri no Hana
05-11-2011, 10:56 PM
I keep hitting my head against a wall. All I got confirmed 100% is Yun Fang. Friday is up in the air and I'm not real sure that I want to bring Hawke up to Montreal.

Should I bring up Champion Mage Hawke from Dragon Age 2?

Alastor3
05-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Im doing my first cosplay as Kira and Junpei from 999 http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/999_conceptart_NQDIq.png

MagiFox
05-12-2011, 11:27 PM
My BFF and I are (currently) planning to do something from Fullmetal Alchemist (possibly from 'The Conqueror of Shambala' film). It's still up in the air ATM, due to our current focus on Anime North but it should be all settled soon after. :)

Kimmy
05-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Im doing my first cosplay as Kira and Junpei from 999 http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/999_conceptart_NQDIq.png

What day do you plan on cosplaying Junpei? I'm planning on bringing Clover with me. =D

The rest of my plans still aren't set it stone, but this is what my schedule tentatively looks like at the moment:

Friday: Clover [999]
Saturday: Himawari [xxxHOLiC] & Taiga [Toradora]
Sunday: Oz [Pandora Hearts]

I might try and throw Green/Blue from Pokemon somewhere into the mix. Who knows. We'll see...

Alastor3
05-13-2011, 09:53 AM
What day do you plan on cosplaying Junpei? I'm planning on bringing Clover with me. =D

Friday: Clover [999]

Well I planned to cosplay as kira the friday because other friends of mine cosplay as misa and L but I can still change my plan.

I have a question, did you bought the watch or will you make it ? I plan to make it but I really don't know how to make the LCD screen with the 5...

edit : also we can't open door 9 with just the two of us :(

genkimami
05-13-2011, 07:41 PM
also we can't open door 9 with just the two of us :(

You guys are really making me want to make a June cosplay for Friday!

Alastor3
05-13-2011, 09:10 PM
You guys are really making me want to make a June cosplay for Friday!

That would be so amazing!

Kimmy
05-13-2011, 09:35 PM
@ Alastor3: That would be awesome if you cosplayed him on Friday, but I don't want to make you change your plans if you were already going to do something with friends. XD Yup, I made the watch! It's mostly just craft foam and some coated wire.

@ genkimami: Omg. Seconding how awesome that would be! =D

Alastor3
05-13-2011, 09:37 PM
It's okay, I can cosplay junpei the Friday, I asked my friends and they were ok with that, I can cosplay as kira the other 2 days. But I hope you will excuse my bad english :P

Kimmy
05-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Sweet! =D

Lol. It's okay. French works for me too if that's what you're more comfortable with.

genkimami
05-13-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm currently looking up pattern ideas for June's tunic. I'll keep you guys updated if I make any progress on it :)

Alastor3
05-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Yup, I made the watch! It's mostly just craft foam and some coated wire.

I try to make mine out of Fimo Clay that I will glue on a real watch but I dunno how to make the bracelet (those blue wire) and I dunno how to make the 5, I want it to be a real light...

genkimami
05-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Well guys I ordered a wig for June yesterday so I'm officially cosplaying as her on Friday!

That means my new costume plans are:
Friday - June (9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors)
Saturday, Sunday - Fuuka Yamagishi (Persona 3)

Vicky Janelle
05-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Guys, I have some bad news. It look like my Raccoon Luigi have been delay for next years, due
to a lot stuff to work on, so instand I'm planing to cosplay as Sarah Jane Smith from Doctor Who
for Saturday as my backup costume.

Kimmy
05-15-2011, 10:24 PM
@Alastor3: If you manage to figure out how to make it with a real light, that'd be really cool! I believe my dad found the blue wire I used at Canadian Tire. It came in a spool of it. I don't know how well it would hold the weight of Fimo, but it may be worth a shot.

@genkimami: Yay!

Alastor3
05-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Well guys I ordered a wig for June yesterday so I'm officially cosplaying as her on Friday!

That means my new costume plans are:
Friday - June (9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors)
Saturday, Sunday - Fuuka Yamagishi (Persona 3)

YES!! That is totally cool I swear by cosplaying 999 I though nobody would have know it since it wasn't that popular but hey, 3 cosplayers of it, that is so sweet!!!

That remind me that I miss one ending, the one were you go through door 3, im such a fan and I still have not beated it all, guess I wanted to keep some for later ahah

I'm planing to cosplay as Sarah Jane Smith from Doctor Who

Doctor who is awesome :3

WARPAINTandUnicorns
05-16-2011, 09:41 AM
I looks at my bank balance at the massacre that was ordering silk.... I might not be able to go to this this year if I can't recoup 100% in the fallowing months after AN. :blubber:

It seems like a nice Con to go to but I rather put the money into finish Mami and wear her to a more local FanExpo.

MDA
05-16-2011, 09:26 PM
I've decided I'll bring my Sirius Black cosplay to wear for the Friday of Otakuthon - it'll have it's official debut at the premiere of the final movie.

Xaradax
05-22-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm Torn between :

I'm doing an all-out Ciel crossplay.

Wait, is it a crossplay? I mean, Ciel's a guy dressing as a girl, and I'm a guy dressing as a guy dressing as a girl. Well, it's a big girly dress so I'll say it is.

ShortStuff
06-02-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm actually going this year again! Hooray! My plans will be;

Poe - Legend of Zelda
American McGee's Alice (Madness Returns) - Red Queen Dress w/ Teapot Cannon
And Steampunk (with a huge hammer)

mazoku-chan
06-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll wear again the Near costume and I was planing to make a Canada cosplay with a "ceinture fléchée" I still wonder how I'll manage that, but I'll do my best...

Alastor3
06-02-2011, 02:23 PM
I have one problem for my cosplay, the 2 character im gonna cosplay don't wear glasses and I don't really want to wear contact lenses so I though about laser surgery (not just for the purpose of the costume but for me and my everyday life) so I really don't know what to do, I want my cosplay to be perfect, sure I can just not wear glasses but I won't see the details of other cosplayer's costume...

xshedevilx
06-02-2011, 03:46 PM
ReDead - LoZ OoT
Talho - Eureka 7
Nico Robin - One Piece (Time Skip) or Aphrodite IX depending on how much time I have.

Shouri no Hana
06-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Aphrodite IX as the comic book character from Top Cow? I wanna see that!

I think I'm confirmed, this will be my first convention in a year where I won't be wearing Lightning on a Saturday.

Friday: Lightning (Or Yusei if he's done)
Saturday: Fang
Sunday: Dark Dragoon Fang

xXxjsunxXx
06-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I cosplayed Hakumen from Blazblue for Anime North 2011 and i am planning to again for Otakuthon and i might Join the Mascarade too for the first time too :]

xXRickXx
06-03-2011, 12:24 AM
I cosplayed Hakumen from Blazblue for Anime North 2011 and i am planning to again for Otakuthon and i might Join the Mascarade too for the first time too :]

If you do that,I will cosplay as Hazama in an instant!!!

MagiFox
06-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Found out that Crispin Freeman's being invited as the North American guest of Honor this year (SQUEE!), so I'm going to be touching up my Shizuo cosplay and possibly making another variant of him if I have the time instead of Edward Elric this year.

trixyloupwolf
06-03-2011, 08:00 PM
ok friday iam doing my lil pony cosplay ^^
the great trixie (hahahha)
anyone else wanna join me as my lil pony >????

r.fLowers
06-03-2011, 08:50 PM
@MagiFox OOO!! Shizuo!! If you do cosplay him tell me when!! i luv him xD

Anyone doing higurashi cosplay?? Im pretty sure I am going to cosplay Mion Sonozaki in her school outfit... I want to have a prop but she doesn't have a specialty weapon :/ maybe a board game of sumthin xD

ShortStuff
06-03-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm officially torn; Poe from Legend of Zelda on the Friday or Kuro from Katamari?

siyrean
06-05-2011, 10:02 PM
i've never been, is language at all an issue with this event? I never very comfortable when i visit Quebec.

Shouri no Hana
06-05-2011, 10:23 PM
@Siyrean: I don't speak a work of french for the exception of what I've learned a work. (Thank you, hello, goodbye, one bag?) It's never been a problem for me.

After a hissy fit, I'm dropping one of my lance projects to create Odin's swords for my Lightning cosplay.

trixyloupwolf
06-05-2011, 11:08 PM
its fully bilingual all speack both lanmguage (ok mostly english from staff part but a lot of us speack both language )
do niot be afraid because of language
its montreal after all

all know for bilingual and friendly place^^ nya!!

Mokmo
06-06-2011, 12:38 AM
It's bilingual. For the panels in french you can request an interpreter who will translate along (it's not the best way, but you'll get to understand the subject a bit more)

jusdepomme
06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
As there are english and french panels though. But most of the biggest events are bilingual ;)

MDA
06-06-2011, 09:44 PM
At Otakuthon language is rarely an issue since most of the attendees know English. Which is part of what will keep me attending - along with the fact that it's fun!

Right now, thanks to Nefer, my lineup for Otakuthon is looking like this:

Friday - girl!Sephiroth (re-vamp - to be worn with Nefer's revamp of Sephiroth) - FF7
Saturday - Agito/Akito Wanijima - Air Gear
Sunday - Nougami Neuro or Godai Shinobu - Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (depends on if my friend ForeverFlame gets her demon head for Neuro done in time - on top of making Hexadecimal)

xshedevilx
06-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Aphrodite IX as the comic book character from Top Cow? I wanna see that!

I think I'm confirmed, this will be my first convention in a year where I won't be wearing Lightning on a Saturday.

Friday: Lightning (Or Yusei if he's done)
Saturday: Fang
Sunday: Dark Dragoon Fang

Yup, Top Cow's Aphrodite IX though I may be doing her leather pants variant depending on time/heat lol.

I may also swap out Nico Robin in favour of Poison Ivy if my friend comes.

ImASleazoid
06-07-2011, 11:08 PM
If I go i'll most likely cosplay a Jrocker. I might bring back Toshiya from Dir en grey if I can get a special wig made for it since I can't dye my hair blue cuz of work >.<

Rock nam Lee
06-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Gonna be my first year here at Otakuthon, haven't been to Quebec in a decade! Have no idea what I'll be cosplaying yet, but I will be taking a decent amount of photographs and some videos!!

Fallen Sephiros
06-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Okay, I've officially decided on what cosplays I'm going to take to Otakuthon.

Friday: Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji) with my wife as Madam Red & my daughter as baby!Ciel Phantomhive

Saturday: Mephisto Pheles (Blue Exorcist / Ao no Exorcist) with my wife as devil!Rin Okumura & my daughter as baby!Shiemi Moriyama

Sunday: Rui Kiryuin (Ai Ore!) with my wife as Ran Nikaido, my sister as Mizuki Sakurazaka, my brother-in-law/best friend as Akira Shiraishi, my daughter as baby!Ai & my neice as baby!Kaoru

Lots of family cosplay this year for me ^^;

xshedevilx
06-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Also confirmed we've got a small group of people doing Obscure Zelda characters...by which I mean those awkward or strange side characters that always creeped you out or made you ponder.

My sister, BeepSushi is being the Poe Collector
I am being a ReDead
Eebanee is being Post Man again <3
And we have a few others who are undecided on characters just yet.

hypersapiens
06-18-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm bringing Zoidberg, a steampunk outfit (er, excuse for large props) and a Doctor Who monster. I'm actually looking for a 10th doctor to do a quick photoshoot with at the fire fountain one night, so if anybody knows a good 10th please get in touch!

Mokmo
06-18-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm bringing Zoidberg, a steampunk outfit (er, excuse for large props) and a Doctor Who monster. I'm actually looking for a 10th doctor to do a quick photoshoot with at the fire fountain one night, so if anybody knows a good 10th please get in touch!

aoifasd on deviantart. But she might be a busy staffer there...

hypersapiens
06-20-2011, 12:45 AM
@Mokmo, thanks!

MagiFox
06-20-2011, 04:06 PM
@hypersapiens: I'm actually going as the Eleventh Doctor this year (not sure what day though). If you'd like to meet up for a photoshoot, feel free to PM me. :D

hypersapiens
06-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks MagiFox! Hmm, I wonder if there might be enough Whoovians at Otakuthon to get an actual DW photoshoot together on the Friday or Saturday. I may start a thread for this to see if there is more interest. (Still sad I missed the Anime North shoot, really.)

Alastor3
06-23-2011, 09:31 PM
DAMN CANADIAN POST LOCK-OUT!!!! I just hope my last piece of cloth will be shipped before otakuthon!

xXRickXx
06-24-2011, 03:04 AM
DAMN CANADIAN POST LOCK-OUT!!!! I just hope my last piece of cloth will be shipped before otakuthon!

Yeah,that look-out really screwed a lot of people over.I just hope my Hazama wig gets here in time.

Evabee
06-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Can't wait for Otakuthon this year! I'm working on Belle's gown from Beauty and the Beast. Just hoping the strike will end fast enough to get my wig ):

Ushishishi
06-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Saturday: Mephisto Pheles (Blue Exorcist / Ao no Exorcist) with my wife as devil!Rin Okumura & my daughter as baby!Shiemi Moriyama

OMG Another Ao no Exorcist group! I'm going as Amaimon on Saturday with my friends as Mephisto, Rin and Yukio! Can't wait to see you guys! :'D

Fallen Sephiros
06-28-2011, 08:31 PM
OMG Another Ao no Exorcist group! I'm going as Amaimon on Saturday with my friends as Mephisto, Rin and Yukio! Can't wait to see you guys! :'D

Awesome! I look forward to your group! Amaimon is awesome! And it's nice to know I won't be the only Mephisto xD

---

I'd like to update my Friday group: (Kuroshitsuji)

Now consists of the following:

Grell Sutcliffe (me)
Madam Red (my wife Luna)
baby!Ciel Phantomhive (my daughter Lulu)
Ciel Phantomhive (my brother-in-law/best friend Morgan) - I think he plans to do the pink ballgown for lols
Sebastian Michaelis (my sister Esme)
Bardroy (my best friend Decklan)
William (my friend Mike)
Viscount Druitt (my friend Nathaniel)
Mey-Rin (my friend Star)
Undertaker (my friend Luke)
baby!Finnian (my neice Annabelle)

Wow O_O I just realized how big my Kuroshitsuji group is.

larkworth
07-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Hello! I am very excited for Otakuthon and am definitely planning on cosplaying Gokudera from Katekyo Hitman Reborn and genderswapped!Kamina from Gurren Lagann. I'm also contemplating cosplaying Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who/Torchwood... but coat shopping is proving to be very, very difficult.

However....

Found out that Crispin Freeman's being invited as the North American guest of Honor this year (SQUEE!), so I'm going to be touching up my Shizuo cosplay and possibly making another variant of him if I have the time instead of Edward Elric this year.

Magifox, you're making me want to bring back my Izaya cosplay.

MagiFox
07-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Hello! I am very excited for Otakuthon and am definitely planning on cosplaying Gokudera from Katekyo Hitman Reborn and genderswapped!Kamina from Gurren Lagann. I'm also contemplating cosplaying Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who/Torchwood... but coat shopping is proving to be very, very difficult.

However....

Magifox, you're making me want to bring back my Izaya cosplay.

DO EEEEETTTTTTT. It'll be even more fun when the fanwankery starts. XD

And female!Kamina sounds awesome! I'm hoping to finish Simon's jacket ASAP. Might spend Friday or Saturday cutting out pieces and sewing.

wen.chan
07-10-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm confirmed for Mami from Madoka Magica. Same with two of my friends (Homura + Kyoko) who were the ones that dragged me into this. I would bring my meltdown hard RK Rin that I wore at AN, but it'll be such a pain to bring over the guitar since I already need to bring over my laminator/prints/cellphone charms on top of Mami's musket. So yeah, bringing two pieces of props is just overkill so I'm just gonna stick with Mami all weekend.

Tenty
07-26-2011, 03:45 AM
We've got a group of Cardcaptor Sakura cosplayers going this year.
We'll be cosplaying from the Sleeping Beauty Play episode.
So far we have Prince!Sakura and I'll be going as Princess!Syaoran, and we'll have our fancied up Kero with us. Also trying to get someone (you know who you are) to borrow my CCS uniform for a Tomoyo.
I am so excited! ; ^ ;

trixyloupwolf
07-26-2011, 05:56 AM
hey we have a doll contes on sunday morning so bring out your doll ^^
dal
pupil
bjd
and those kind ^^

come have fun
or come wacht those cute doll ^^

ps: WE STILL TAKING PRE REG FOR YURIKA KART ON SATHURSDAY^^(MARIO KART)
WE NEED 4 PRE REG^^

Risea
07-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I won't have judith in time, but i'm going to be doing Poison from the new Street Fighter vs Tekken game instead. I'm also thinking of bringing Grimmjow and Yoruichi with me incase somewhere during the weekend I feel like changing. Curse you murphy for the curve ball this year >.<

trixyloupwolf
07-26-2011, 03:31 PM
i still have some contest pre reg ^^
be part of the contest before i choose in the audiance^^

4 place left for mario kart in real (yep that right but now its call YURIKA KART A SO THERE SLIGHT DIFERENCE IN THE GAME )

so who up for the chalenge ?? (sathursday at noon)

also pre reg for friday night at 9 to max 11 pm)
human battleship
iam taking pre reg for the 2 leader (you can have your own team if you want too ^^ let me know if that the case ^^)

friendly
trixy

ps: ill have my gijinka pokemon all sunday^^(tentacruel trixy style)

FallenWingsHeal
07-26-2011, 03:34 PM
My costumes are all completed and ready for the weekend!

Friday I will be hunting Zombies as Takashi Komuro from High School Of The Dead. Anyone else cosplaying from it?

Saturday and Sunday I will be running around in my Steampunk Engineer costume, complete with giant wrench, bolt-gun and sonic screwdriver.

Midli
07-27-2011, 05:58 AM
If I can get to otakuthon this year, and my costume stuff comes in on time, Ill be cosplaying as vinyl scratch/DJ Pon3 from My Little Pony:Friendship is magic. Big question is if I can get the funds to get down to mtl.

Alastor3
07-27-2011, 07:15 AM
how can a human can cosplay a pony and still be cute ?

FallenWingsHeal
07-27-2011, 08:16 AM

Obviously you have not seen all the cute Anthro pony/human versions of the MLP crew.

trixyloupwolf
07-27-2011, 06:22 PM
ive seen a couple and theyr justtt too cute as hell ^^

iam making one
hopefully ill kick my butt ans start it more then juste the horn and the ear and the wig and the tail !!!

lol i need to work on the outfit iam sooo lazyyyy nyuuuuu!!
but got no time for lazyness nyuuuuuu!!!

xXRickXx
07-27-2011, 08:32 PM
My Banette cosplay is somewhat almost finish.I just need to 3 things that would take a day and a half at most,but I'm feeling soooooooooooo lazy.....CURSE YOU LAZINESS!

Midli
07-28-2011, 03:00 AM

Given the pony im cosplaying isn't really known for being "Cute" i dont think i have much to worry about.

Relevant

http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/4/49/VinylScratch.png

trixyloupwolf
07-28-2011, 05:49 AM
o nice i think hes still cute ^^

ShortStuff
07-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Totally excited. I'll be wearing;

Kuro from Katamari - Friday
The Coon from South Park - Saturday
Original Steampunk - Sunday

MDA
07-30-2011, 03:56 PM
I can't wait~!

Everyone's plans sound awesome!

Midli
07-30-2011, 03:59 PM
o nice i think hes still cute ^^

"She" Oh wait...I just came to the sudden realization that this will be my first crossplay..go me.

Also sweater came in now i just need to find pants and figure out how to do the glasses.

Chibi_Mony
08-02-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure about the details yet but expect a huge Gintama group! :D
Ahh yesss!:heart: From what facebook and Caro tells me it's Sunday that we're doing Gintama! I'll be there as Hijikata :)
btw Ushishishi, I think I have a photo of you from AN! ha ha ha Nice Kamui cosplay!! Will you be cosplaying as him for Otakuthon as well?

Other than that I'll be doing Jack Skellington Friday/ Saturday, even if I'll be stuck behind an artist table most of them time! ha ha Can't wait!! I love Otakuthon!

r.fLowers
08-02-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm really considering wearing my Female Izaya cosplay on Friday...i just realized i could make this happen x3

LacedRoses
08-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Seeing as I've decided to go almost last minute (yay hst cheques <3) I think I'll try and pull off Yuri from Angel Beats!

Alastor3
08-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Seeing as I've decided to go almost last minute (yay hst cheques <3) I think I'll try and pull off Yuri from Angel Beats!

Awesome! I love angel beats, hope to see you there!

xshedevilx
08-04-2011, 10:58 AM
I hate how much my plans had changed over such a short time lol but now confirmed!

Thursday (pre-reg) - Momoka from Fakku!
Friday - Poison Ivy (Arkham Asylum) w/ Harley & Scarecrow
Saturday - ReDead (legend of zelda) w/ group
Sunday - Nico Robin (OP Time Skip)

Alastor3
08-04-2011, 11:19 AM
I change my plan too, I will cosplay Junpei from the DS game 999 all the Week-end!

trixyloupwolf
08-04-2011, 01:55 PM
hey people i have still 4 place left for one of my contest iam hosting^^

so if anyone interested let me know ^^

friendly
trixy

trixyloupwolf
08-05-2011, 08:56 AM
hey also here a preview of what iam putting for sale at theyr garage sell ^^
no reservation be quick to buy that all hehe!!
trixy<3<3<3<3<3

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/trixyloupwolf/stuff%20for%20sale/

r.fLowers
08-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Ive finally decided my costumes for the weekend! (its in my signature) im so excited! Its my first year at otakuthon :) one more week! :D

jellokatamari
08-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Totally excited. I'll be wearing;

Kuro from Katamari - Friday
The Coon from South Park - Saturday
Original Steampunk - Sunday

The COON!!!!!
And KURO!!! Are you gonna have one or 2 antenna's? I find that having one is the Katamari trade mark, but as a Gundam fan, I find that when he has too, it's like an homage to the Gundam V XD

KikiItemri
08-05-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm so excited! I managed to get next weekend off from my internship to be able to attend the con! Here are my rough cosplay plans:

Friday: Rei from Highschool of the Dead
Saturday: Miku Hatsune - Magnet Ver. (Original look) OR Momo Hinamori from Bleach
Sunday: Rei from Highschool of the Dead

LaurenBANG
08-05-2011, 08:17 PM
I'll be sporting Belle in her ballgown and Sorceress Edea from FFVIII, pretty pumped

MagiFox
08-05-2011, 09:28 PM
My lineup for the weekend:

Friday: The Eleventh Doctor (Doctor Who)
Saturday: Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
Sunday: Simon [Pre-Time Skip] (Gurren Lagann)

r.fLowers
08-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Nooo! U moved shizzy to saturday! I was ready for some shizzy vs izaya action on friday! Lol xD

Edgar Strife
08-06-2011, 05:37 PM
First time comming here, hope to have an awesome time. Projects I'll be bringing are:
UPC Raven from Granado Espada Patch 6.0
Watanuki XXXHolic
Fujitaka Kinomoto Tsubasa Chronicle ver with Kero plush & Clow Book
*gets back to finishing stuff*

trixyloupwolf
08-06-2011, 07:17 PM
edgar ya will not be disapointed for sure
otakuthon is super fun ^^
and in china town ^^ haha
how could it not worth it ^^

we have real poutine too <3<3<3
haha see ya ALLL really soon ^^

MDA
08-06-2011, 10:28 PM
It's so weird to think that there's one week left @_@

I now have two alternate shirts for my Sunday cosplay though (Godai). Depending on how hot it is, I may wear either the red dress shirt, or the red polo. I heard it's supposed to feel like 40 next weekend. But there's AC right?

Shouri no Hana
08-06-2011, 11:16 PM
I just love it how half the plans get eaten up a week before the con now.

so by the looks of it, I'm gonna be trying to mash a Soul Eater cosplay together for friday, then my two Lightnings for Sat/Sun.

MaiSheri
08-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Still on the fence about cosplays, but (tentatively) thinking my Goldeen Gijinka, "goth loli" Kim Pine, Saffron from Firefly (big maybe), Dragonite hoodie. I really wanted to get something brand new done for the con, but I just ran out of time :(

r.fLowers
08-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Oo u shud do kim pine on sunday cuz im dressin up as ramona on sunday ^___^ i want pictures! :D

trixyloupwolf
08-07-2011, 11:46 AM
please hope a lot come to participate in all the contest iam hosting this week end ^^

friday: human battle ship ( 9 pm to 11 pm)
sat: yurika kart( mario kart ) noon to 2 pm
sun: trixy surprise: 3 pm to 4 pm ( a huge favorite of all yet ^^ super popular ^^)

so yeah come play with us ^^
iam still taking pre reg for mario kart until iam full
ill take also in place reg to be a racer ^^
but you can come and wacht the race( and try to win prices with the voting sytem )
so yep event wachtecher can win prizes ^^

ForeverFlame
08-07-2011, 01:10 PM
OMG it's my 1st time going to otakuthon! so hopefuly i don't get lost lol (doesn't help i know like -1 french) so come say hi if youi see me! i'll be the one looking lost and confussed :)
Friday - Even from kingdom hearts
Saterday- Pluto from Black Butler
Sunday- Neruo from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

trixyloupwolf
08-07-2011, 02:39 PM
all speack mostly english so youll be fine hehe!!!

nya?!!!

Kildread
08-07-2011, 06:26 PM
My final plans are :

Friday & Sunday: Toshio Ozaki (Shiki)
Saturday: Megamind

I doubt I'll bring a 3rd to swap Toshio out sunday, but if I do, it's gonna be Souji (Persona 4) again, I really want to wear Kaiji again, but the whole fur-lined leather coat thing in the current weather is a bad idea.

Not that Megamind isn't gonna be totally overbearing on the warmth aspect either, but eh.

ShortStuff
08-08-2011, 02:50 PM
The COON!!!!!
And KURO!!! Are you gonna have one or 2 antenna's? I find that having one is the Katamari trade mark, but as a Gundam fan, I find that when he has too, it's like an homage to the Gundam V XD

XD WOO! Someone who's excited for my costumes. My con is already made. lol

I have the one Antenna for Kuro. I was gonna do the two, but my attempt to do so failed. xD

BeepSushi
08-09-2011, 02:34 PM
I'll be wearing my Lickitung Gijinka on the Friday, Poe Collector from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on Saturday, and then I'll be wearing my Kissogram Amy Pond from Doctor Who: The Eleventh Hour on the Sunday!
Super excited for Otakuthon this year. :3

MaiSheri
08-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Oo u shud do kim pine on sunday cuz im dressin up as ramona on sunday ^___^ i want pictures! :D

It shall be done!

Thusly:
Friday: Goldeen gijinka (or wizard robes)
Saturday: Wizard robes (or Goldeen)
Sunday: Goth Kim Pine
Dance/pre-reg/non costumey times: GLaDOS thingy, Dragonite hoodie

jellokatamari
08-10-2011, 12:40 AM
XD WOO! Someone who's excited for my costumes. My con is already made. lol

I have the one Antenna for Kuro. I was gonna do the two, but my attempt to do so failed. xD

hehehe, I don't always succeed in what I wanna do unfortunatly, but one atenna is good enough! Your the original ;D

And of course I'm excited for your cosplays, they are awesome! I love everything Katamari Damacy.. if you hadn't noticed my name >_> And I love the coon. I would totally LOVE to see a Mysterion also, he's so dreamy XD Better if I can see a Coon and a Mysterion together at the same time! O_O Maybe one day *dreams*

ShortStuff
08-10-2011, 10:40 AM
hehehe, I don't always succeed in what I wanna do unfortunatly, but one atenna is good enough! Your the original ;D

And of course I'm excited for your cosplays, they are awesome! I love everything Katamari Damacy.. if you hadn't noticed my name >_> And I love the coon. I would totally LOVE to see a Mysterion also, he's so dreamy XD Better if I can see a Coon and a Mysterion together at the same time! O_O Maybe one day *dreams*

Woohoo!

As for Mysterion. Apparently a lot of people want to be my Mysterion, so I assume eventually I'll have one! 8D

Tsukune
08-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Friday: Secret Cosplay
Saturday: Toothless (How To Train Your Dragon)
Sunday: Sora (KH2 Regular outfit)

Shouri no Hana
08-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Wow all my plans sunk like a battleship the week before the convention. I really really really really need to expand my cosplay closet.

Friday: Soul Eater Evans (Artbook Variant)
Saturday: Lightning Farron (Dissidia 012 Variant)
Sunday: Lightning Farron (Aya Brea Variant)

Darth Cloudo
08-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Two days left! :O

Friday: Lelouch - Zero (which remains forever incomplete)
Saturday: Tenshi [Angel Beats], sans wings or hand blades
Sunday: Most likely Zero

...I need to finish more projects on time. o_o

KikiItemri
08-10-2011, 07:07 PM
So my cosplay plans have been finalized!

Friday - Rei from Highschool of the Dead
Saturday - Miku Hatsune (World is Mine version)
Sunday - Momo Hinamori from Bleach