PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day Plans~

Pages : [1] 2

MermaidRizu
01-20-2011, 01:34 AM
I know it's a bit early, but what are your plans for Valentine's Day~?

I'm going to visit my boyfriend who lives several states away that weekend, so I'm very excited. ^^ I don't get to see him that often, and Valentine's Day will be the perfect time to do some catching up! ^^

Do you have any plans for Valentine's Day? Discuss~

Oh, and don't say you hate Valentine's Day, because I'll hurt you. :D

Axelai
01-20-2011, 01:38 AM
Well, i'm spending the weekend before it with my girlfriend c: Since i'll be in Norcal on the day itself, and she lives in Socal.

On the day itself, though, i am attending a pillow fight c:

Crusader_8
01-20-2011, 01:42 AM
My day will most certainly be busy on V day. I'll have work till close, then I have to rush home right after that in time to order pizza and watch movies while my friends are all out.

daylight
01-20-2011, 01:48 AM
I love Valentines day!!!!!!!

its one of my favorite holidays

I kinda even wish I had a boyfriend for only that day so I can shower him with affection, adoration, and candies.
But then the next day I would want him to go away

I dont have any plans :[ , I would try to see some friends, but I think they will all be busy, or think its awkward to hang out with me on a day about loooove
but love is for friends too :D

the only thing I know im going to do for sure is- ive got these cute little pom pom love bugs from Michaels. and they have sticky feet so im going to stick them everywhere, all over the house~

adolf
01-20-2011, 01:48 AM
I'll be sitting alone in my dark room on my laptop.

http://www.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Forever-Alone.jpg

Codename Otacon
01-20-2011, 01:50 AM
*Sigh* Nothing...

Eau de Decus
01-20-2011, 01:52 AM
My girlfriend says we're going to "Rain Check" that day since she's still in Korea during her one year teaching gig in South Korea. She comes back on Feb. 25th so we'll plan something sometime after her return. I mostly celebrate Valentine's Day for the delicious candies that come out anyway *continues to eat sweetart hearts from Target* Mmmm...

I'd do something much bigger, but I'm still recovering my bank account from her Christmas gift.

FunnyValentine
01-20-2011, 01:53 AM
My boyfriend hasn't even mentioned the day...hopefully it's because he has something big planned and not because he doesn't know it's coming up. lol.

Cadmium Polyphony
01-20-2011, 02:01 AM
My girlfriend and I rarely acknowledge the day, for various reasons.

The most pertinent being that we don't wait for one day of the year to plan something big for the other.

DiscoVader
01-20-2011, 02:03 AM
My girlfriend and I are attending Genericon that weekend, so that'll be our thing this year - we did it last year, and it was a really fun time, but as great as it was to spend time with her at a con on Valentines (we met via Otakon, so cons are a little more special to us) I was really down most of the time because my dog passed away on the 13th, right in the middle of the con. >:

This year though we'll be able to actually spend time together and not deal with me being a bawling mess, so I'm pretty sure it'll be a much better Valentine's weekend. ^^;

Ineedaname9
01-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Ah~ I'm making him blueberry muffins for Valentine's. We try to do the japanese valentines/white day type thing.... I suck at making chocolates and I know he loves muffins and blueberries so I figured it's best not to make my bf sick. lol

Prior to him though, I'd spend my V-day irritated by my friend's complain about how they have to much stuff to carry. Since they were showered by gifts and such.... It's kind of sad to have never gotten a Valentine's gift though... oh well least I get something for white day.

kiratsukai
01-20-2011, 03:09 AM
We have an all-night Touhou nightclub event to go to the Friday before and a V-day get-together with some doujinshi/cosplay friends in Osaka the day before Valentine's (the boys plan these things and then barely talk to us at them out of shyness :P )... nothing going on during V-day itself. Tis work the next day and I haven't got anyone to spend it with anyway *shrug*

I'll be playing my PSP unmolested.

Shifty Llama
01-20-2011, 05:03 AM
Do not celebrate saints days! This is not some anti valantines day thing i dont elebrate any of them but my sisters birthday isthe day before so i will have cake!

FinalEVA
01-20-2011, 06:48 AM
I'll be having class that evening from 7-10.

The Hag
01-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Every day is Valentine's Day for me. :P

Oblivion_Kirie
01-20-2011, 07:14 AM
Probably the same things I do on a normal day, only with more candy.
Siiiiiigh.

nannyogg
01-20-2011, 07:40 AM
I usually get a treat for each of my kids on Valentine's Day.

ashelia89
01-20-2011, 07:42 AM
hrmm probably just chill with my husband once he's back home from work,we just go and get a nice dinner and exchange little gifts...nothing crazy!

kuroki-neko
01-20-2011, 10:04 AM
if i had a girl that lived near me that was single id get her alot of candy and the cutest sweetest card ever and take her out for a romantic dinner. but alas i have no such girl but i probaly will just do nothing

han-Vu
01-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Maybe a crossdress date where I make her pay for everything heh. That's only if I weren't single though..

J.Kazama
01-20-2011, 11:29 AM

This. With chocolates.

Kildread
01-20-2011, 11:34 AM
When is this again?

When I was in a relation, Valentine's day was unimportant, we did not need an established date to celebrate our union.

Still holds true now.

sam vimes
01-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Watching my wife gestate.

Pocketfightr
01-20-2011, 11:47 AM
I might see if my buddies, vanilla rum and coke, are interested in helping me play WoW or whatever other game calls to me.

rubyspitfire
01-20-2011, 11:59 AM
just another monday for me... ugh

MermaidRizu
01-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Woah, guys, I never said that Valentine's Day was the only day that you could celebrate your love for another person...XD;;

Michi
01-20-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't know yet, actually. It'll be the first Valentine's Day for me and my boyfriend since moving in together last summer. All the other holidays have been quite different thanks to that, so we'll see. I'm thinking probably just the classic dinner and a movie or something. Last year he had to work so we didn't really do anything too special, though he did get me flowers and chocolate. I might have gotten him chocolate too. We're unoriginal like that!

Woah, guys, I never said that Valentine's Day was the only day that you could celebrate your love for another person...XD;;

Nobody was saying you did. It's just what a lot of people think of Valentine's Day and similar holidays.

Brsis
01-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Same thing I do every year, Pinky...

... the best organic ice cream in town, a horrifically violent Asian movie with a female heroine and an evening of gorgeous women removing their glittery underwear.

Valentine's Day is ten billion times more fun when you're single, seriously, you have no-one else to please.

Skeff
01-20-2011, 03:03 PM
I'll probably be sitting at home drinking... still not over her leaving me a few months ago...

bodatheyoda
01-20-2011, 05:46 PM
I have work. So I'll sit there...depressed about being single

cupofjasmine
01-20-2011, 05:50 PM
I'll be taking myself out to eat and buying myself candy.

KyuubiSharingan
01-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Most likely sitting in my room for the first time on Valentines Day, makes me sad..no gf or bf

mrmonkey
01-20-2011, 06:02 PM
i'll be drinking and clubbing it up same thing since i was 13 lol

penny_dreadful
01-20-2011, 06:41 PM
As much as I like to be all, oh, Valentine's Day is trite and commercial and icky, I get kind of excited by all the sorts of things I normally throw up over.

Last year I made a fancy meal (http://www.flickr.com/photos/10128270@N02/4363104298/in/set-72157619831199078/) and decorated the table for dinner. It was a good compromise between not making a big deal out of the day and getting to cover the kitchen with little heart-shaped gems. I haven't really thought about doing anything this year for a variety of reasons, but I do owe my husband for taking such good care of me lately.

I maintain my stance of not going out to eat that day and not buying any gifts. I also thought the whole giving-valentines-to-your-classmates ritual was mortifying. Do they still do that in school?

CosplayCinema
01-20-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm doing absolutely nothing, in all my life i've never had a valentines day...and on top of that my birthday is the day after, i get nothing from friends, not even a 'happy birthday' all i hear is 'MY BOYFRIEND GOT ME A TEDDY BEAR AND CANDY!' yea awesome for you.....then i cry myself to sleep and thats that :/

MermaidRizu
01-20-2011, 07:25 PM
;_; I'm starting to wish I had thought twice before making this thread, most of these replies are really depressing...

Oh well, keep posting your plans anyway. XD And don't you worry, all you single ladies (and guys) will find your true love someday, whether you believe it or not. ^^ <3

Crusader_8
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Aren't you in high school? You have plenty of time to find your valentine, per se. Cheer up and enjoy autonomy!

Flora88
01-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Watching Silence of the Lambs with the boyfriend.

...Yep. Oh, the romance.

Ah, well. We love each other and stuff.

MDA
01-20-2011, 08:16 PM
My boyfriend's coming to see me for the weekend before (weekend after Valentine's I have a con with friends...)! Needless to say I'm excited, last time I saw him was New Year's. He lives in Montréal, and I'm about 4 hours west from there - so, in Belleville, an hour past Kingston ON. Not sure what we're doing yet, but it'll likely be that we go see a movie if there's something good playing, and then to dinner. After that... well... not sure really xD

Aearon
01-20-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, but I doubt I'll make any special plans. As for all of you young people being depressed over Valentine's Day... I don't see what the reason is. In my opinion, Valentine's Day is just another day unless you are in a relationship. And, even if you are in a relationship, shouldn't every day be as special as Valentine's Day anyway? (This isn't to say that I don't go all out and make Valentine's Day really special when I'm with someone. >.>)

☆ Kei ☆
01-20-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm probably going to make cookies the day before and pass them out at school to friends & random people. xD;

Lithium Flower
01-20-2011, 08:43 PM
You know my boyfriend and I only realized it was V-day coming up because there was an advert outside a White Castle that said they where taking reservations. We joked that it would be our classiest first Valentines Day ever.

But seriously I have NO idea what grown ups do for this...any ideas? I mean seriously, the last valentine I got was like...when I was 8 and your teachers made you give out cards and the like.

rubyspitfire
01-20-2011, 08:50 PM
... the best organic ice cream in town, a horrifically violent Asian movie with a female heroine and an evening of gorgeous women removing their glittery underwear.

this is one hell of a way to spend valentine's day ^_^

Aearon
01-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Well, I posted in that first kiss thread about my first Valentine's Day with my first girlfriend. That's the kind of 'special' thing I like to do. But, most people just go out to eat, maybe get a carriage ride, take a rowboat out, have a picnic, cook a special dinner at home and eat by candlelight, ya know... Romantic things. =)

Lithium Flower
01-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Well, I posted in that first kiss thread about my first Valentine's Day with my first girlfriend. That's the kind of 'special' thing I like to do. But, most people just go out to eat, maybe get a carriage ride, take a rowboat out, have a picnic, cook a special dinner at home and eat by candlelight, ya know... Romantic things. =)

Dude I'll be lucky if it gets up to 30 degrees by February 14th.

Aearon
01-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Dude I'll be lucky if it gets up to 30 degrees by February 14th.Yeah... I'm in Michigan too. lol I'm sooooo getting out of here and going back to Colorado at the first chance I get though! Hello 40-60+ degree highs in the winter!
But, you can still do other romantic things like the candlelit dinner, or surprising them with a special lunch at work... Or, sending flowers/chocolate to their work... The list goes on. =)

Xanarcah
01-20-2011, 09:24 PM
My boyfriend and I are pretty uninterested in VDay. We don't need a single day to celebrate or emphasize being in love. We're in love every day, so every day should be special. It's mostly an excuse to go and buy chocolates on sale. Also, since VDay is on a Monday, we'll probably both be working. I work in a hotel, so it's a big holiday.

For us at the hotel, it's also a holiday to seriously celebrate wearing gloves and the existence of gloves. Couples can be disgusting. So even if we were more into VDay, my job is actually just a bit of a mood-killer. D:

Lithium Flower
01-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Yeah... I'm in Michigan too. lol I'm sooooo getting out of here and going back to Colorado at the first chance I get though! Hello 40-60+ degree highs in the winter!
But, you can still do other romantic things like the candlelit dinner, or surprising them with a special lunch at work... Or, sending flowers/chocolate to their work... The list goes on. =)

Is that stuff kinda like..cheesy to dudes? I have no idea what a guy would actually find charming on V-Day as opposed to flat out stupid @___@

If only Taco Bell could deliver 100 bacon tacos...

Aearon
01-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Is that stuff kinda like..cheesy to dudes? I have no idea what a guy would actually find charming on V-Day as opposed to flat out stupid @___@

If only Taco Bell could deliver 100 bacon tacos...XD Well... You could always surprise him and take him his favorite lunch to where he works. Some people do delivery for various restaurants/fast food places as well.
Some guys like to get flowers and maybe he has a favorite candy? I for one LOVE those strawberry candies with the hard shell and the liquid in the center.
The harder to find, the candy, the more special the gift since it takes more effort, imo. Though, even easy to find candies are good too. =)

rubyspitfire
01-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah... I'm in Michigan too. lol I'm sooooo getting out of here and going back to Colorado at the first chance I get though! Hello 40-60+ degree highs in the winter!

i was pleasantly surprised when i spent a spring break in winter park. 25 on top of the mountain does NOT feel like 25 here in MO! being above the clouds and in bright sunlight does wonders

Aearon
01-20-2011, 09:42 PM
i was pleasantly surprised when i spent a spring break in winter park. 25 on top of the mountain does NOT feel like 25 here in MO! being above the clouds and in bright sunlight does wondersYeah, it's great. I went skiing last January and it was between 35 and 45 the entire time I was up there. Heck, most of the time there's enough snow that people go skiing on the 4th of July weekend in bikinis! :D

rubyspitfire
01-20-2011, 09:45 PM
there will be this year. if i wasn't going to afw i'd use my taxes to go skiing instead!

IAmShorty
01-20-2011, 09:48 PM
I will be waiting for it to be over so I can hit the sales on candy the day after :3

Lithium Flower
01-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Boys like flowers n' junk? xD Clearly my ever so feminine and thoughtful ways with the menfolks are showing...

Aearon
01-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Some do. I'm not that fond of 'getting' them... But, I always enjoy their smell around the house when I get them for whoever my girlfriend is at the time. I'd say going with favorite meals/snacks/candies would probably be the best idea for a guy.

Cadmium Polyphony
01-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Watching Silence of the Lambs with the boyfriend.

...Yep. Oh, the romance.

My girl and I both love that movie.

Confidentially, I think she likes the film more than she likes me.

SecretSoliloquy
01-21-2011, 10:37 AM
My girl and I both love that movie.

Confidentially, I think she likes the film more than she likes me.

Hey, just because I like you to call me 'Clarice' during more private moments...

Aearon
01-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Hey, just because I like you to call me 'Clarice' during more private moments...O.o... TMI! lol... It's odd that you'd like everyone to know about your role-play moments... Whatever floats your boat though. =)

sam vimes
01-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Whatever floats your boat though. =)

One could say it Chianti's her fava beans...

SecretSoliloquy
01-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Oh, yeah, aaron, I'm an open book. And I always tell the complete, honest truth on this forum. This very serious, cosplay-centered forum.

And Sam, yes, yes, it does.

doxiequeen1
01-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Genericon?

Hopefully? Maybe?

Yeah i'm not in a relationship xP

Aearon
01-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Hehe. Yeah, I'm the same way. I'll answer any question completely honestly, (and often bluntly) but I rarely just offer things like that up out of the blue. =)

HomeDepot
01-21-2011, 11:00 AM
CHOCOLATE! That would be the extent of our valentine's day traditions. He gets me dark chocolate and I get him milk chocolate, that way we won't steal from each other.
Our first valentine's day he took me to a florist and told me to pick out anything (thinking that I'd get roses or something) but I went to the greenhouse in back and pick out this scraggly ficus, so he never tried that again. The ficus is still alive six years later though, just like our love (barf)

Aearon
01-21-2011, 11:03 AM
XD You should have gotten a cactus. >.> That reminds me of that one movie though... I forget the name, but she got him a fern or something and he let it die. lol

Milk chocolate is awesome if it's a Hershey's Symphony bar.
I make crazy good chocolate stuff, but it's a mix of things, not milk/dark/etc.

Lithium Flower
01-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Possible idea

If boyfran is not working:
-Make my stir fry nom noms
-He eats it
-I watch his homosexual wrestling videos with him without cracking a single 'wiener sling' joke.
-See if I can nab a dvd he wanted
-Yea
-I have lame ideas
-I dunno what grown ups do for Valentines day that isn't sexual

sam vimes
01-21-2011, 11:23 AM
I watch his homosexual wrestling videos with him without cracking a single 'wiener sling' joke.

Please clarify.

Crusader_8
01-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Adults do everything a kid would do, but with alcohol. Actually that sums up adulthood in general, with the occasional guy or gal that avoids drinking.

HomeDepot
01-21-2011, 11:28 AM
XD You should have gotten a cactus. >.> That reminds me of that one movie though... I forget the name, but she got him a fern or something and he let it die. lol

Milk chocolate is awesome if it's a Hershey's Symphony bar.
I make crazy good chocolate stuff, but it's a mix of things, not milk/dark/etc.

We actually do call it our "love ficus" because of that movie. Is the cactus comment a joke about my prickly attitude towards sappy behavior? If it was, well played.

Pocketfightr
01-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Adults do everything a kid would do, but with alcohol. Actually that sums up adulthood in general, with the occasional guy or gal that avoids drinking.

Agreed to that.

When I was in a relationship, I made my guy cookies (oatmeal raisin was his favorite) for valentines, since he wasn't big on candy. There was one year I bought some silly sugar cookie Valentines Day set from JoAnns and we decorated them together after dinner.

Aearon
01-21-2011, 11:32 AM
That sounds like he'd have a great time, Lithium. =)

We actually do call it our "love ficus" because of that movie. Is the cactus comment a joke about my prickly attitude towards sappy behavior? If it was, well played.And, naah. They're just very hard to kill. =D

DaemonForce
01-21-2011, 11:33 AM
if i had a girl that lived near me that was single id get her alot of candy and the cutest sweetest card ever and take her out for a romantic dinner.
Ahahahaah! :D

This is where you and I differ immensely. To me, Valentine's Day is the perfect day to break up with a girl, not this annoying horrible mushy crap. :D
For us at the hotel, it's also a holiday to seriously celebrate wearing gloves and the existence of gloves.
Now that's hot. <3

I'm probably going to be exercising or sewing. The weather is supposed to be much better next month so I might be outside most of the time.

Lithium Flower
01-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Please clarify.
/snerk/ You know I didn't even consider that no one else would realize it's an inside joke. My bo' and his friends used to be really into wrestling shows when it was like..each wrestler had a persona they fought under and what not.

I constantly tease him that it looks like gay porn and make jokes about their outfits being 'wiener slings' and the like.

Neither of us drink D: we're such lame-o's. On New Years at his friends place he offered me a cup of champaign and I just don't drink (not out of some kinda moral or religious reason I just..really dislike it and I get a terrible headache from just a few sips of wine) so I took it not to be rude and even Boyfriend didn't drink so another friend took it instead.

Don't get me wrong, we CAN legally drink (21 and 26) but neither of us do.

sam vimes
01-21-2011, 11:38 AM
/snerk/ You know I didn't even consider that no one else would realize it's an inside joke. My bo' and his friends used to be really into wrestling shows when it was like..each wrestler had a persona they fought under and what not.

I constantly tease him that it looks like gay porn and make jokes about their outfits being 'wiener slings' and the like.

I figured that's what you meant. I was just holding on to the hope that you actually sit there and critique gay porn MST3K style.

Brsis
01-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Neither of us drink D: we're such lame-o's. On New Years at his friends place he offered me a cup of champaign and I just don't drink (not out of some kinda moral or religious reason I just..really dislike it and I get a terrible headache from just a few sips of wine) so I took it not to be rude and even Boyfriend didn't drink so another friend took it instead.

Don't get me wrong, we CAN legally drink (21 and 26) but neither of us do.

What, being able to have a good time without losing all your disposable income and remember it the next day/wake up without a cracking headache/spend the entire day regretting what your lowered inhibitions made you do makes you lame? I missed that memo.

However; last time I was actually in a relationship on Valentine's Day I walked into my girlfriend's apartment to find it only lit by my name in candles and full of cascades of (fake, so I got to make them into headdresses later) flowers and then when I'd stopped laughing hysterically she played Dire Straits and The Cure love songs on the guitar and sang to me all evening over fish and chips. You can pull off anything, no matter how sappy, if you keep a Perfectly. Straight. Face. the entire time.

I still like getting ice cream and going to the burlesque BETTER, but it was memorable.

DaemonForce
01-21-2011, 01:23 PM
What, being able to have a good time without losing all your disposable income and remember it the next day/wake up without a cracking headache/spend the entire day regretting what your lowered inhibitions made you do makes you lame? I missed that memo.
The backbone of my social activity involves spending money and I like doing so. The last time I drank in a new social environment it turned into a horrible horrible experience. Someone very powerful completely freaked out, held my clothes hostage, barred me from my phone, cash and everything else and then turned around and blamed me for something that was completely their fault. I'm glad I got out when I did. I had a number of things stolen from me and now I have even less trust in people now if that's possible. I can remember and control myself fairly well when intoxicated. I use the alcohol as a dumb excuse to do some things I normally wouldn't. Some of those restraints are concious but the rest are handled on what is now a much lower level and cannot be swayed by drugging. This is why I'm so headstrong that I come off as inhuman.

I don't get memory loss on alcohol but pages of my personal history become difficult to recall. I know it's a weird reaction to poison but it hasn't gotten me in any physical fights and it causes my emotions to be correctly translated so I'm fine with it. My regrets are my own alone. The alcohol is just a catalyst and I'm thankful to be doing that rather than something else that would get me and my friends seriously hurt or killed. Psychos excluded.
You can pull off anything, no matter how sappy, if you keep a Perfectly. Straight. Face. the entire time.
I find that everything works a LOT better in my favor if I DON'T do this. You would be surprised how well you would do with a fun attitude. :3

FunnyValentine
01-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Possible idea
-I watch his homosexual wrestling videos with him without cracking a single 'wiener sling' joke.
-I dunno what grown ups do for Valentines day that isn't sexual

This made me think that I hope my boyfriend doesn't want to watch DragonBallZ. lol. I like DBZ but..still..not so romantic.

Anyways, I think you said you two were artists so you should make him something. I have made artsy things for a boyfriend before and they suprisingly loved it. I don't mean just a drawing, get creative.
Oh, and...wearing a really hot dress is good, just saying. :D
Nobody has said anything about lingerie? Shame on you all.

Being single on Valentine's Day can be fun if you hang out with friends, that is if you're uoset you don't have a valentine.

@DaemonForce: Quit being a chump.

Lithium Flower
01-21-2011, 01:30 PM
I figured that's what you meant. I was just holding on to the hope that you actually sit there and critique gay porn MST3K style.

Oh we do that too. About everything. Even if it's not gay porn.

Blood_Sword
01-21-2011, 01:33 PM
On Valentine's Day I'll try to have enough time to draw another Valentine's Day drawing, I did that last year and I thought I'll make it something I do every year! :'D

ToroSonyCat
01-21-2011, 01:53 PM

This. But with my PS3.
FOREVER ALONE.

Aearon
01-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Awww... That's no fun. I might play some PS3 as well if I don't have other plans. I don't play it too much by myself. I really should with all of the games I have with online capabilities though. =)

squ33k t0y
01-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Probably working, lols.

Or if not, I'll probably go over to my friend's house and we can have a non-romantic Valentine's Day dinner since his girlfriend (who is also my best friend) is over in Japan for a semester. And he's pretty hopeless without her. xD; And my boyfriend wont be here until 2 days after.

Cadmium Polyphony
01-21-2011, 10:26 PM
O.o... TMI! lol... It's odd that you'd like everyone to know about your role-play moments... Whatever floats your boat though. =)

Uh, she was joking, you know.

Good grief.

Volnixshin
01-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Court, bitches.

Yeah! FUN! WHOO! EXCITEMENT! SOMUCHGODDAMNFUNTHEREISNOWAYIAMBEINGSARCASTIC!

Aearon
01-21-2011, 10:42 PM
lol I'm not surprised. I don't take people too seriously, especially on the internet. That goes double for when they start talking about their bedroom activities. XD

Lithium Flower
01-21-2011, 10:54 PM
lol I'm not surprised. I don't take people too seriously, especially on the internet. That goes double for when they start talking about their bedroom activities. XD

I sleep SO HARD in my bedroom dude. Mmmmhmmmm.

Aearon
01-21-2011, 10:57 PM
I sleep SO HARD in my bedroom dude. Mmmmhmmmm.O.oa k...? lol I sleep very soundly too. Just about the only sound that easily wakes me up is a very loud alarm.

Volnixshin
01-21-2011, 10:58 PM

Dude, I lay naked next to my pillow, stroking its soft curves ever so slowly, sometime nipping its edges. I stare into the eyes of the stuffed bears next to me. Their sweet eternal smiles turned upwards towards me, arms outstretched, as if a wanton embrace is all it would take to be in infinite bliss. The blankets drape over my naked body like curtains on a soaked window sill, outlining every curve and line my body makes. The feel of their soft, cotton lining bites at my cold body, like a warm hug, sending me deep into the confines of my mind.

sam vimes
01-21-2011, 11:02 PM
I sleep with my wife.

Volnixshin
01-21-2011, 11:06 PM
I sleep with my wife.

WIN

nannyogg
01-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Dude, I lay naked next to my pillow, stroking its soft curves ever so slowly, sometime nipping its edges. I stare into the eyes of the stuffed bears next to me. Their sweet eternal smiles turned upwards towards me, arms outstretched, as if a wanton embrace is all it would take to be in infinite bliss. The blankets drape over my naked body like curtains on a soaked window sill, outlining every curve and line my body makes. The feel of their soft, cotton lining bites at my cold body, like a warm hug, sending me deep into the confines of my mind.

Shouldn't this be in the greatest fears thread? ;)

Kildread
01-21-2011, 11:17 PM
I sleep SO HARD in my bedroom dude. Mmmmhmmmm.

Oh, the nerve!

Moonsong
01-22-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm not entirely sure. I have 3 tickets to the Westminster Dog Show at MSG (which probably sounds incredibly lame, but there is NOTHING to do where I live. And hey, who doesn't like dogs?) on the 15th, but he has school on both the 14th and the 15th, so perhaps we'll get to do something the weekend after. At least this will be my first time not being single? ;D

Volnixshin
01-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Shouldn't this be in the greatest fears thread? ;)

Psha, taking anything as mundane as sleeping, with false truths of sleeping in the nude is one thing. But take a mundane act, like lying in your bed, and narrate it with not extreme words, but articulate phrases and terms, and what was once boring is now amazingly interesting to read.

shadowdragon13
01-22-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm going to school on that day. :D

Archangelz
01-22-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm not entirely sure. I have 3 tickets to the Westminster Dog Show at MSG (which probably sounds incredibly lame, but there is NOTHING to do where I live. And hey, who doesn't like dogs?)

Okay, first of all, this totally doesn't sound lame because I LOVE dogs! (Much like Roy Mustang)

No, my problem here would be that I would be reduced from my mature 26 year old self into a 5 year old suffering from a rare form of ADD that is magnified whenever I'm around cute dogs. My girlfriend would have to become my mom for the day to keep me in line and keep me from running up to some award winning purebred screaming, "IT'S SO FLUFFY!!! (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DkECXsJ7lNE/TD5avGGCXeI/AAAAAAAAEwo/lGObMQI83iM/s1600/34203_139824176031267_100000110577270_403258_74045 17_n.jpg)"

Aearon
01-22-2011, 07:50 PM
lol... That is the best part of that movie, btw.

HomeDepot
01-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Okay, first of all, this totally doesn't sound lame because I LOVE dogs! (Much like Roy Mustang)

No, my problem here would be that I would be reduced from my mature 26 year old self into a 5 year old suffering from a rare form of ADD that is magnified whenever I'm around cute dogs. My girlfriend would have to become my mom for the day to keep me in line and keep me from running up to some award winning purebred screaming, "IT'S SO FLUFFY!!! (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DkECXsJ7lNE/TD5avGGCXeI/AAAAAAAAEwo/lGObMQI83iM/s1600/34203_139824176031267_100000110577270_403258_74045 17_n.jpg)"

grown men are allowed to appreciate cute fluffy animals. My boyfriend and I were just watching this together the other evening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ficwZQYmRLE

MermaidRizu
01-22-2011, 10:17 PM
grown men are allowed to appreciate cute fluffy animals. My boyfriend and I were just watching this together the other evening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ficwZQYmRLE

Awww, duckie~! ^^
I wonder if ducks make good pets...

Aearon
01-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Awww, duckie~! ^^
I wonder if ducks make good pets...Only if you live on a farm...

Cadmium Polyphony
01-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Only if you live on a farm...

Or do a lot of migrating.

And live in lakes and ponds.

Kildread
01-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Or do a lot of migrating.

And live in lakes and ponds.

In some locales, ducks are also known to favor conveyor belts as methods of transport.

kuroki-neko
01-23-2011, 12:29 AM
never thought of going to a dog show as roy mustang :D but yea thats the day i got to go back to work :( or thats the next day

cactusmomma
01-23-2011, 01:12 AM
My husband and I celebrate a little early. We usually go out on a little date to celebrate that and our birthdays (Jan. 29 and Feb. 7, so somewhere in there is when we go out.).

FunnyValentine
01-23-2011, 01:52 AM
Dog shows are the best...definitely not lame. I remember I used to watch them and not be bored because of how cute all the dogs were.

Celia Rose
01-23-2011, 02:03 AM
I will be at work helping little kids share valentines with each other. :)

And then going home and passing out after the day full of excitement and candy in excess.

SirLucius
01-23-2011, 03:57 AM
Valentine's day...that's a Monday so I'll be at school, but no night class, so I'll come home and work on whatever project is due next. xD I know how to have a good time. Actually, to tell the truth I'll probably be all depressed because I was suppossed to go to a con the weekend before but I'm broke. Dx

nyditch
01-23-2011, 04:04 AM
Unless there is a major change all of a sudden out of nowhere, I'll work the day, watch anime and/or play PC games at night, and go to sleep around 11:30.

Oh, and I'll wear my shirt with this comic on it: http://xkcd.com/55/

MondayKosmonaut
01-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday! I very seldom have a love interest, so everyone gets cookies!

I mean everyone.

My friends and family (and the people I especially like) get lots of special chocolates and cookies. And the people I don't like get not as special, but still tasty slice and bake tube cookies. For me, it's not really that "Kill 'em with kindness" method as much as the Rohrshack "I'm not stuck in here with you; you're trapped in here with me!" ^^

HidingintheMist
01-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Not really planning to do much, other than my usual.
Senior year of high school though, so I'll probably go a bit overboard with the amount of cookies I'll be making for friends, since I know I won't be seeing most of them(the underclassmen anyway..) anywhere near as much as I'd like after I graduate.

And this year I found this amazing red food dye, so I'll be using that for my cookies. x3

Ritsu H Saotome
01-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Not much actually, but the weekend before it I will be in San Diego to celebrate my birthday (which is on Valentine's day).

Lithium Flower
01-24-2011, 03:29 PM
MondayKosmonaut-Send me cookiieesss

penny_dreadful
01-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Okay, so I totally want to make these (http://bakeitinacake.com/recipes/heartinacupcake). Bake It in a Cake has the craziest ideas!

FunnyValentine
01-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Okay, so I totally want to make these (http://bakeitinacake.com/recipes/heartinacupcake). Bake It in a Cake has the craziest ideas!

:O Those look yummy, I'm really tempted to make them.

Crusader_8
01-25-2011, 12:01 AM
If I could prepare food to any degree of satisfaction, I would make vanilla cupcakes and decorate their tops with icing to resemble captain america's shield. Either that or make rorschach cupcakes.

nanami_hearts
01-27-2011, 02:22 AM
I've come to the point where I am not really interested in the guys of my location. xD I've dated some of them and most turn out to be jerks. In the end, V-day just becomes "singles recognition day". I like the idea of just staying home and watching movies or the 360 with other single friends. But who knows? Maybe Mr. Wonderful will appear before then. ^^

Psycho_Kitty
01-27-2011, 10:40 AM
If my hubby has to work (his hours are 10am-10pm) probably going to bug my parents to see where they are going for dinner and then spend the rest of the night on the couch playing WoW with one of my beardies on my shoulder

nanami_hearts
01-27-2011, 01:02 PM
If my hubby has to work (his hours are 10am-10pm) probably going to bug my parents to see where they are going for dinner and then spend the rest of the night on the couch playing WoW with one of my beardies on my shoulder

Playing WoW? Lol I haven't been on my account in quite some time. O.o That sounds like a really good idea!

korokuXneo
01-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Well, my boyfriend will most likely be working through Valentine's Day weekend, but I am NOT complaining because I'd much rather have a job right now too. :p Carolina Games Summit is on the 5th, and we're going together, as always. I'll kinda consider that our 'date'. We're more spontaneous about dates together and we don't really wait for a 'certain day of the year' to do something romantic.

onewingedjade
01-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Getting a tattoo. Lawl

Starwind720
01-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Be at school (in college) and study.
Still single but hopefully change that this year. :D

Fizz
01-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Just do what I always do each year
Sit down and play video games XD especially blazblue

touchmon
01-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Well, I'm going to buy myself a box of chocolates and eat it. XD.

illusion838
01-28-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm going to buy my mates girlfriend a box of chocolates just to piss him off.

That and sleep... maybe my crazy ex-girlfriend will stalk me a gift (She still sends me Birthday and Christmas gifts)

HEYOashley
01-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Lets see...hehe. I am hopefully going to get those spring flowers I saw the other day, a handmade assormtment of See's Candy chocolates, and hopefully a movie and dinner date.
For him, I am planning on making a mini milk chocolate cake and buy him DeadSpace 2.

kuroki-neko
01-29-2011, 11:56 AM
well i just wish i had a girl to go out with id make her day the most romantic day ever

Lithium Flower
01-29-2011, 12:02 PM
well i just wish i had a girl to go out with id make her day the most romantic day ever

For real dude. (http://www.2dayblog.com/images/2007/october/animepillow.jpg)

Srsface.

I may make boyfriend chocolate covered bacon..

Kildread
01-29-2011, 12:04 PM

Srsface.

As an off-topic mention, I saw a grown woman buy a Sebastian hugging pillow at my first convention.

Guess it's not just a guy thing, uh?

Aearon
01-29-2011, 12:06 PM

Srsface.

I may make boyfriend chocolate covered bacon..<.< >.>
And, people say I'm the jerk. :P
Chocolate-covered bacon sounds.... gross, imo. To each their own though when it comes to food. =)

Taokaka
01-29-2011, 12:38 PM

Srsface.

I may make boyfriend chocolate covered bacon..

That just made me laugh. Also chocolate covered bacon actually sounds like a good idea o.o

As for me on the V-day, imma spend it playing video games, and giving out candy to my friends n__n

rubyspitfire
01-29-2011, 12:57 PM
my plans have been updated!

excitedly waiting for naka, hoping i actually have more money than usual by then and that all my out of state friends get to go. i don't want to wait a full year before seeing them again

Lithium Flower
01-29-2011, 12:59 PM
As an off-topic mention, I saw a grown woman buy a Sebastian hugging pillow at my first convention.

Guess it's not just a guy thing, uh?

Dude I wanted this Motoko Kusanagi hug pillow from Youmacon :O it was 50$ though.

<.< >.>
And, people say I'm the jerk. :P
Chocolate-covered bacon sounds.... gross, imo. To each their own though when it comes to food. =)
YOU sir are a jerk.
Get a hug pillow to be a bigger jerk.

And eat some damn bacon whats wrong with you son. PFFT

Aearon
01-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Naah. I prefer real women, not anime women on pillows. lol
I love bacon, I just don't think chocolate and bacon would be a good combo. I also don't like mint with my chocolate, but others do. Like I said, to each their own.

Kildread
01-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Dude I wanted this Motoko Kusanagi hug pillow from Youmacon :O it was 50$ though.

Hot.

To be honest, I couldn't find myself buying those things. Though if it came as part of a special edition bundle, I might end up having one as an added bonus.

IE: Record of Agarest War's Naughty Edition. It came with one of those Oppai mouse pads and a pillow case.

Lithium Flower
01-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Hot.

To be honest, I couldn't find myself buying those things. Though if it came as part of a special edition bundle, I might end up having one as an added bonus.

IE: Record of Agarest War's Naughty Edition. It came with one of those Oppai mouse pads and a pillow case.

Yes she is :K derp derp.

I have a hug pillow, it's just a blue pillowcase though. I am the kind of person who's a 'sleep cuddler' and will often wake up clinging to said hug pillow for dear life.

God help boyfriend when we go to Acen.

Edit:
I would buy a Pyramid Head hug pillow.

Cadmium Polyphony
01-29-2011, 06:55 PM

I'm dying to know how.

As for bacon, feck it. I prefer the pig alive in the forest lookin' for truffles.

Kildread
01-29-2011, 06:57 PM
As for bacon, feck it. I prefer the pig alive in the forest lookin' for truffles.

Wouldn't that make it a boar?

Cadmium Polyphony
01-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Wouldn't that make it a boar?

Not if it's a pig.

Kildread
01-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Not if it's a pig.

Can pigs really roam free in the wild, released from the yoke of the human tormentors?

SourCherryTwist
01-29-2011, 07:12 PM
YOU sir are a jerk.

no hes not, hes actually a pretty great guy. srsly, this is the internet...dont take things so seriously...its not healthy.

SecretSoliloquy
01-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Can pigs really roam free in the wild, released from the yoke of the human tormentors?

They did at one point. I've been to farms where pigs are allowed to roam freely, and they do fine.

Cadmium Polyphony
01-29-2011, 07:13 PM
no hes not, hes actually a pretty great guy. srsly, this is the internet...dont take things so seriously...its not healthy.

Dont get your sour cherry in a twist, I think she was just funning with him.

Kildread
01-29-2011, 07:16 PM
They did at one point. I've been to farms where pigs are allowed to roam freely, and they do fine.

Out of genuine curiosity --- how does that work?

Are they just let out in a large space that is still enclosed, or the farm is a huge bit of land and the owners just hunt them down?

(Serious inquiry actually, I'm kinda not linking the concept of a farm with freedom for animals).

SourCherryTwist
01-29-2011, 07:16 PM

no...I think she was pretty serious...but whatevs. its not worth arguing about. the best part about a forum? if you dont like someone...IGNORE THEM. Telling him off everytime he says something that isnt all PC and flowery isnt gunna make him change.

Cadmium Polyphony
01-29-2011, 07:19 PM
no...I think she was pretty serious...but whatevs. its not worth arguing about. the best part about a forum? if you dont like someone...IGNORE THEM. Telling him off everytime he says something that isnt all PC and flowery isnt gunna make him change.

I'm sure she'll appreciate the lecture.

Probably dropping knowledge on her that she has never considered in her life, I'm sure.

SourCherryTwist
01-29-2011, 07:23 PM
riiiiight. as I said, not worth arguing. I like him, hes my friend, Ill stick up for him. and if my idea IS SUCH WONDERFUL KNOWLEDGE...why isnt ANYONE FOLLOWING IT? Im just sick of the drama here all the time, people take stuff WAY to personally.

Lithium Flower
01-29-2011, 08:30 PM

At least someone gets it.

http://cdn.mikeabundo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/internet-serious-business.jpg

Aearon
01-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Awww.... You were just "funning" with me? You don't really think I'm a jerk? :D

penny_dreadful
01-29-2011, 09:53 PM
EDITED BECAUSE IT WAS SAM VIMES.

Oh, forget it.

Celia Rose
01-29-2011, 10:22 PM
I have new plans for V-Day~
I'll be getting together with my cosplay group for a Valentine-themed photoshoot the Saturday before the 14th. :) It'll be tons of fun~~ :heart:

Lithium Flower
01-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Awww.... You were just "funning" with me? You don't really think I'm a jerk? :D

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know.

Aearon
01-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Ummm... It takes three licks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0epRjfGLw
More importantly, you didn't answer the question. :)

Kildread
01-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Now now Lithium Flower, answer him otherwise he'll lose sleep for many a night whilst his question tortures him so.

You don't want that guilt, do you?

Aearon
01-30-2011, 12:03 AM
lol... Hardly. I don't let things get under my skin, especially text on a computer screen. :)

SourCherryTwist
01-30-2011, 05:34 AM
I think this year....Im not gunna do much. With the one I want to spend it with thousands of miles away, Its just another day for me. OH. Ill be turning 20 on the 14th. other than that...just another day

Lithium Flower
01-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Now now Lithium Flower, answer him otherwise he'll lose sleep for many a night whilst his question tortures him so.

You don't want that guilt, do you?

lol... Hardly. I don't let things get under my skin, especially text on a computer screen. :)

SHHH NOW NOW!
We all know my words made you cry and you sobbed uncontrollably in a corner for 3 hours. It's okay to admit it. I know I cried last night during 'Homeward Bound' there is nothing to be ashamed of.

But no rly. Bacon.

Flora88
01-30-2011, 11:04 AM
@LithiumFlower
http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/bacon-bar.jpg

penny_dreadful
01-30-2011, 11:11 AM
@LithiumFlower

I had one of those, once. It needed more bacon and less chocolate, as far as I'm concerned.

ETA: I do recommend caramel bacon (http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-index/breakfast-brunch-recipes/Caramel-Bacon-Bites). But that's just me, I'm not a chocolate fan.

Aearon
01-30-2011, 12:19 PM
I think this year....Im not gunna do much. With the one I want to spend it with thousands of miles away, Its just another day for me. OH. Ill be turning 20 on the 14th. other than that...just another dayAwww... Well, they won't be thousands of miles away for much longer. =)

SHHH NOW NOW!
We all know my words made you cry and you sobbed uncontrollably in a corner for 3 hours. It's okay to admit it. I know I cried last night during 'Homeward Bound' there is nothing to be ashamed of.

But no rly. Bacon.Say what now? Are you trying to get me to argue with you or something? O.oa

In other news, the definition of troll:
Troll: One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.

SourCherryTwist
01-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Awww... Well, they won't be thousands of miles away for much longer. =)

Who said I was talking about YOU?

Aearon
01-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Who said I was talking about YOU?Huh!? Who said I was talking about me?

SourCherryTwist
01-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Huh!? Who said I was talking about me?

well, considering the horrible wonderful things we plan to do to each other when we see each other again, I only assumed...OH HOW LONG MUST THIS WAR KEEP US APART?! :heart::heart::heart:

Yukikittie
01-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Fruit punch is so good.

Aearon
01-30-2011, 12:25 PM
well, considering the horrible wonderful things we plan to do to each other when we see each other again, I only assumed...OH HOW LONG MUST THIS WAR KEEP US APART?! :heart::heart::heart:Awww... *Hugs.* Ok, I admit it... I was talking about me. :heart:

SourCherryTwist
01-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Awww... *Hugs.* Ok, I admit it... I was talking about me. :heart:

I LOVE YOU TOO BABY. :love:

Kildread
01-30-2011, 12:54 PM
...and now everything is clearer.

SecretSoliloquy
01-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Out of genuine curiosity --- how does that work?

Are they just let out in a large space that is still enclosed, or the farm is a huge bit of land and the owners just hunt them down?

(Serious inquiry actually, I'm kinda not linking the concept of a farm with freedom for animals).

www.farmsanctuary.org

Geekies
01-30-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm just going to-- ah what day is that on? Monday? I have a friend and character of mine's birthday on that day, so I'll probably draw a gift for the one that exists. Go to school, bluh bluh bluh, go home, whatever. I'll probably watch my mom and dad argue and they'll probably have us go with them to eat some place. Who knows.

I dislike Valentine's Day in all honesty. You ought to love peoples more every day.
I prefer Halloween~ <3 Favorite holiday right there!~ <3 You get to dress up as someone else without someone raising a brow and asking, "WTF CON DID YOU COME FROM?" And then it doesn't matter how crappy your cosplay is at the time because it's dark, no one can see you, no one knows who you are any way, creep out kids in character, go get some candy, good day, good night...get some cavities, fill those in, heck yeah. Best holiday. <3

fullbleed
01-30-2011, 05:00 PM
I'll be eagerly anticipating the You Love Coz She's Dead album release, then I'll probably go to the cinema and see Paul starring Simon Pegg & Nick Frost ON MY OWN! Waahhh waahh.

Kidding, I secretly love going to the cinema on my own, means I get to see all of the arty/indie/foreign films I want.

Or is it actually quite sad? People tell me it is... but all my friends live at least 45-60 mins away.

Geekies
01-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Or is it actually quite sad? People tell me it is... but all my friends live at least 45-60 mins away.

Eh heh, same here actually. XD;;
It's not bad, but it's...an inconvenience eh?

sam vimes
01-30-2011, 06:03 PM
In other news, the definition of troll:
Troll: One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.

Did you just admit that you consider us peers?

Given the amount of word definitions you've been swinging around, I never thought I'd see the day.

pltshp
01-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Play on the 360, attend my 2 hours of class, eat something trashy like a fish-finger sandwich and retreat to my room to play more video games. A+ way of forgetting my recent breakup and ignoring my next door neighbours, both of whom have their boyfriends visiting that day.

☆ Kei ☆
01-30-2011, 07:03 PM
May or may not bake now, since I'm not sure whether I'll feel like it Sunday night.

But I just remembered the obnoxious singing gorilla I was given in seventh grade. I'll have it sing for a little, then pick a random person to finally get rid of it. xD;;

krys-chan
01-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Nope, no plans here though I do have a convention to attend the weekend before :)

Flora88
01-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Okay, I'm totally making these. Yes, these. (http://www.sprinklebakes.com/2011/01/chocolate-cupcakes-with-flaming.html)

rubyspitfire
01-30-2011, 10:38 PM
those are awesome

Yamia Ishtar
01-30-2011, 11:00 PM
My boyfriend is staying the week(huzzah!)~ But I has work from 3-6, keeping the kiddies from making fun of those who didn't get Valentines. He has something planned, but it'll have to wait. I bought this filigree key necklace for him(don't plan on him using it as a necklace), as a sort of "key to my heart", and hopefully I get to see him before work to give it to him. Cheesy, I know, but we both are. XD

Also, kidnapping my friend to work with me so she doesn't spend Valentines alone. After Valentines, its crunch time before Katsucon and my birthday(both on the same weekend). > n <

Lithium Flower
01-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Say what now? Are you trying to get me to argue with you or something? O.o
Naw, I am just teasing with you.

@LithiumFlower

I personally blame you when I get to be 500lbs. OM NOM NOM NOM

krys-chan
01-31-2011, 06:01 AM
Okay, I'm totally making these. Yes, these. (http://www.sprinklebakes.com/2011/01/chocolate-cupcakes-with-flaming.html)

Those look really good o.o

MeiChama
01-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Whelp, since it's on a Monday, I'll be at school attending classes. XD And giving my crush a Yu-Gi-Oh tin with Elemental Hero cards in it since he loves those. Along with those, there will be twenty-one cranes sitting in there, since that's how old he is. xD

sam vimes
01-31-2011, 04:51 PM
At this point, my Valentine's plans will probably just consist of shovelling.

It's also been brought to my attention that it falls on a Monday this year. That's just terrible.

Michi
01-31-2011, 05:10 PM
I think my boyfriend and I are going to see a burlesque show instead of just a traditional dinner. Haha. Now there's a unique Valentine's Day!

FunnyValentine
02-01-2011, 02:13 AM
I think my boyfriend and I are going to see a burlesque show instead of just a traditional dinner. Haha. Now there's a unique Valentine's Day!

I give you props. I would get way too jealous. :X

sam vimes
02-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Kind of related to Valentine's Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8i8cy6beDw

LOVEUlquiorra<3
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM
My last Vanlentine's Day didn't go too well... I have no clue what I'm doing this year. I am going to try making Hetalia Valentine's though! One for each country!

Michi
02-01-2011, 07:56 PM
I give you props. I would get way too jealous. :X

It's burlesque, not a strip club...

lemonskeletons
02-01-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm working. Getting that money! Woot woot!

Neko Minaue
02-02-2011, 01:59 AM
I'll just be going to Algebra class that day. I think I'll make my Valentine's related bento with heart shaped brownies and hamburgers.

FunnyValentine
02-02-2011, 02:16 AM
It's burlesque, not a strip club...

I know, heh. I don't think I would get jealous of a stripper...they're gross.

Anyways, I need to get some milk chocolate and grape mike and ikes for my boy. O.O

Cadmium Polyphony
02-02-2011, 02:23 AM

I've convinced my girlfriend that it was a good idea we do the same when we visit Poland.

Some people scoff at the idea, but Polish girls are just awesome.

Dragonomine
02-02-2011, 08:48 AM
I've been married for 15 years. I'm so over Valentine's Day.

Michi
02-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I know, heh. I don't think I would get jealous of a stripper...they're gross.

The burlesque show we're thinking of going to is more classic burlesque, not Burlesque Movie style or anything. There's comedy acts, singing, and the almost naked girls are kind of just part of the whole deal, not the focus. *shrug* I don't think I can get jealous of a bunch of girls of all shapes and sizes being silly and having fun up on stage. :)

I'd get more jealous/uncomfortable at a strip club because it's all about girls being naked and objectified and gross and no thanks. Hahaha.

Echosong
02-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Probably going to stay at home, watching reruns or anime movies, cuddling with my skull pillow.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VSrnkiWaqSQ/TMdBQsCZScI/AAAAAAAAAZI/r7M0LAXkxW0/s1600/forever+alone+face.png

DarkFujin
02-02-2011, 03:48 PM

Damn right!

Well, technically I'm not FROM Poland or anything, but yeah. My great-grandparents are though, and I grew up calling my grandparents "Babcia" and "Dzia-dzia", eating Polish food (a little), going to the local Polish community club type thing and uh... my original point just got lost in my post somewhere.

As for Valentine's Day, we'll see how this plays out. First date was yesterday, nothing's official yet.

lyraparry11
02-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm single right now, so probably not much. I don't think I'm really looking for a relationship right now either, so I'm not really upset about it.

sam vimes
02-02-2011, 05:20 PM
I've convinced my girlfriend that it was a good idea we do the same when we visit Poland.

So when are we getting the operation to fuse us together?

Too creepy?

DireKitty
02-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Damn right!

Well, technically I'm not FROM Poland or anything, but yeah. My great-grandparents are though, and I grew up calling my grandparents "Babcia" and "Dzia-dzia", eating Polish food (a little), going to the local Polish community club type thing and uh... my original point just got lost in my post somewhere.

As for Valentine's Day, we'll see how this plays out. First date was yesterday, nothing's official yet.

Worst part of Polish food? The lack of garlic! BAH!

For Valentines day? Well i'm single, so i'll be waiting for the day after for sales. Then i'll be om nom noming my way to victory. BWAHAHAHHAHAHAH *cough*

sam vimes
02-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Worst part of Polish food? The lack of garlic! BAH!

Well maybe the way your family makes it...if you're at all Polish...yeah...

DireKitty
02-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Well maybe the way your family makes it...if you're at all Polish...yeah...

>.>
<.<

HE KNOWS! GET HIM!

*grabs sack*

Cadmium Polyphony
02-02-2011, 09:51 PM
So when are we getting the operation to fuse us together?

Too creepy?

Well, there's always the fusion technique, DBZ style.

sicdedman
02-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Not sure what im doing for Valentines Day.... Maybe send a Rose to my Ex...
hmm not sure *Sit's on Stump Thinking*

Merino
02-03-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm not planning anything big for Valentine's day since it's a busy time with school. As far as I know my boyfriend is going to make me something with the cookbook I got him for Christmas. I'll probably bake something for dessert.

Ita
02-03-2011, 04:37 PM
This feels like a good movie to watch: My Bloody Valentine (http://tinyurl.com/6fcfkjh)

Well, I don't know. I was supposed to celebrate it with my bf, but well, eh, we broke up. Whatcha gonna do about it? Will probably do whatever I'd do any other day.

smilestyle
02-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Celebrating my birthday by myself somehow! My birthday is the day after but it isn't uncommon for people to get so caught up in Valentine's festivities that they forget, so I'll probably take myself out to dinner or go for a hike or something.

If I could, I would want to have a birthday party. (: Considering my best friend forgot mine last year and planned her party on my actually birthday, I really would like to have one this year. First one I'd be having since like, Jr. High, haha! But most of my friends are out of town for school, sooo... probably won't happen, lol.

Dragonomine
02-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Ironically, this subject came up tonight.

Husband: So what do you want to do for Valentine's Day? (laughs hysterically because I'm not one of those candy/roses girls)
Me: We could use the Applebees gift card.
(laughter immediately stops)
Husband: Yeah, we can do that!

So we're going out to eat. lol

Eurobeat King
02-03-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm probably working but that's fine. My Valentine's Day plans with the ladies begins a few days later at Katsucon. :heart:

totorolover
02-03-2011, 11:52 PM
For sure im making red Velvet cupcakes. . . well my husband is just starting a buisness so im not even sure if he will be home for me to see him, so i will put his candy and chocolates in a bag ( he loves candy, ate half of mine last year before i got it, was mad then, but i laugh about it now). watch a movie with my daughter give her valentine candie and cook us some steak and potatoes, hope fully have a tantrum free night

onewingedjade
02-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Not sure what im doing for Valentines Day.... Maybe send a Rose to my Ex...
hmm not sure *Sit's on Stump Thinking*

DON'T DO IT!

Red Sheep
02-04-2011, 11:19 PM
I will be sitting at home, feeling bitter.

I might watch Velvet Goldmine or something.

Fabulousity
02-05-2011, 12:18 AM
I have no interest in ordinary human boyfriends. If there are any Aliens, Time Travelers, Sliders, or Espers here, come join me. That is all.

But seriously, I'll probably be sitting at home scrambling to get my Western Civ work done ^^;

Eau de Decus
02-05-2011, 01:34 AM
...Time Travelers.. Doctor Who!

Aearon
02-05-2011, 02:09 AM
I have no interest in ordinary human boyfriends. If there are any Aliens, Time Travelers, Sliders, or Espers here, come join me. That is all.

But seriously, I'll probably be sitting at home scrambling to get my Western Civ work done ^^;lol... Alrighty Miss Suzumiya. She didn't like sliders though. (It 'was' a good show imo. XD)

PsychoLove
02-05-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm probably going to buy myself a few heart-shaped boxes of chocolates and some flowers and just exist in my room x]

Yukikittie
02-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Speaking of which.... Valentines Day is on a monday right?
And it's going to be the day before my first appointment with my phycologist.
Well, this won't be any fun at all. D:

ne0ven0m
02-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Sunday before Valentine's Day, myself and the lady will head to Atlanta to see the Aquarium (her first time) and eat somewhere "fancy." And then 6 days later, we'll go to Charlotte to finish off the celebration with a Video Games Live concert. Who says romance and nerdy interests can't mix?!

Xyresic
02-08-2011, 07:58 PM

Aearon
02-08-2011, 08:05 PM
lol Ooh, fancy!

SecretSoliloquy
02-08-2011, 08:09 PM
I think my boyfriend and I are going to go to Chick Fil A, lul

=/ So, no love for each other or the chickens?

spifferniffer
02-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Tomorrow, my guy friend and I are dressing up as Misa and Light to our school's Anime Club, to celebrate/mourn Misa's death XD
But on Valentine's Day itself, I'll probably play Final Fantasy XIII until my thumbs bleed, and pretend that Snow's my boyfriend XD

Xyresic
02-08-2011, 08:13 PM

Aearon
02-08-2011, 08:14 PM
We're tight on money and I love Chick Fil A, so it's okay xDHeck, as long as you enjoy it, more power to ya. :D

SecretSoliloquy
02-08-2011, 08:26 PM
To answer you both: maybe it's 'ok' to you, but that stuff is full of fat and hormones, and the chickens live in worse than concentration camp-like conditions before they're slaughtered.
Buy a salad somewhere, it's often just as cheap and twice as romantic.

Aearon
02-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah, that's the case with pretty much any food from a Fast Food restaurant. Heck, it's hard to say what the conditions are at 'farms' or 'ranches' where a lot of supermarkets get their meat from as well. Even knowing it's absolutely horrible for me, I do enjoy a nice double cheeseburger from time to time.
But, let's keep this topic on Valentine's Day, not the health benefits of a chicken sandwich or the treatment of animals before they're fed to us.

I'd say, if she enjoys it and wants to eat there for a specific day/date, she definitely should. I'm sure she's already well aware of any potential health risks.

Xyresic
02-08-2011, 08:36 PM

Michi
02-08-2011, 08:44 PM
We should really stick to Valentine's Day plans, but I can't help but share this link anyway:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/31/controversial-chicken-chick-fil-a-gay-rights-rumble/

I would find another fast food chain to eat at. :)

Aearon
02-08-2011, 08:50 PM
:O Bad mod! And... Mmm... Jesus Chicken...

On-topic though... I dunno what I'm doing for Valentine's Day atm.... Only time will tell! =)

SecretSoliloquy
02-08-2011, 08:52 PM
@SecretSoliloquy I didn't come here to get unsolicited advice, I came here to share my dinky Valentine's Day plans on this thread

I know animal abuse exists, but I'm not going to stop eating meat, so sucks?

Freedom of speech, great concept.
You can choose to eat responsibly, for yourself, other creatures and our environment. It's not hard, nor is it expensive. I felt like pointing it out. Sucks?

And Michi, thanks for that link! I didn't know that. =/ And sorry for the off-topic-ness. I just had to.

EroSempai
02-08-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm making a chocolate cake for my boyfriend and he's taking me out to eat some Gyros at a local place. He said he's getting me a gift too... my only hint is "something from Warhammer."

o.O

kittymutt
02-08-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't really have anyone to share it with. HOWEVER, I get to have fun embarrassing people by singing to them, all thanks to their loved-ones. :) -evil laugh-

Lithium Flower
02-08-2011, 10:15 PM
We're tight on money and I love Chick Fil A, so it's okay xD

Dude-place is expensive for some chicken yo'

SecretSoliloquy
02-08-2011, 10:18 PM

Geez, and it's not even cheap? Ok, no excuse not to get the salad now.

KnightUtena
02-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Not sure what I am going to do other than go to work (after-school program). My job will probably have Valentine's Day related stuff for the kids. The rest of the day I will be posting up V-day cosplay photos and videos while giving and receiving gifts from friends and family.

Aearon
02-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Not sure what I am going to do other than go to work (after-school program). My job will probably have Valentine's Day related stuff for the kids. The rest of the day I will be posting up V-day cosplay photos and videos while giving and receiving gifts from friends and family.Ooh, that sounds like fun. =)

Geez, and it's not even cheap? Ok, no excuse not to get the salad now.Except for the fact that some people hate the taste of salad in any form. >.>

sicdedman
02-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Except for the fact that some people hate the taste of salad in any form. >.>

Chicken Salad is good - depending on what type of chicken it is.

------------------

i did some thinking and i think I'll just hand out Valentines cards to my (Grandma,Mom and Aunt). As for a Valentines date (i'll pass this year). i like the single life for now.

FunnyValentine
02-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Aww my boyfriend is taking me to a nice Japanese restaurant for Valentine's Day. *happy*

Mangochutney
02-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Going to go watch octopuses mate with Mr. Chutney. Our local aquarium is super-cool.

DarkFujin
02-09-2011, 01:14 PM

You get more grease than chicken too.

penny_dreadful
02-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Ahahahaha, hahaha, haaaaaaaa.

http://www.bigfatwhale.com/archives/bfw_291_big.gif

SecretSoliloquy
02-10-2011, 04:35 PM
That is a good one, Penny XD

Lookie here:

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/filestorage/lend-money-perfect-valentine-day-valentinesday-ecards-someecards.png

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/filestorage/forget-blow-jobs-flowers-valentines-day-ecard-someecards.jpg

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/filestorage/shaved-balls-valentines-day-ecard-someecards.png

Aaaand many more.

Lithium Flower
02-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Going to go watch octopuses mate with Mr. Chutney. Our local aquarium is super-cool.
This is the single sexiest date ever
Geez, and it's not even cheap? Ok, no excuse not to get the salad now.
If it's a chicken caesar then I am in.
You get more grease than chicken too.
^ This, my friend swore to me it was amazing and took me there and was so excited to finally take me I didn't have the heart to tell her it was mediocre.

Boyfriend and I....are going to Taco Bell! Teehee :3 We're not really celebrating it-I just happen to not be working that day and we've been joking about it for weeks.

SecretSoliloquy
02-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Boyfriend and I....are going to Taco Bell! Teehee :3 We're not really celebrating it-I just happen to not be working that day and we've been joking about it for weeks.

Oh, I'm sorry =/

sam vimes
02-10-2011, 04:56 PM
But...you're going to Taco Bell? Like, inside the restaurant? The interior of a Taco Bell is the most depressing place ever. Can't you at least just use the drive-thru and eat your food somewhere else?

Lovelychristina
02-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Celebrating my Dad's Birthday. I can't do anything until the 19th with my gf ^^

penny_dreadful
02-10-2011, 05:03 PM
http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/filestorage/lend-money-perfect-valentine-day-valentinesday-ecards-someecards.png

My student assistant's boyfriend showed up in the office unannounced yesterday and basically asked her this same thing. I've spent two months trying to get her to dump him.

Lithium Flower
02-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Oh, I'm sorry =/

That's funny, because I am sure not.

But...you're going to Taco Bell? Like, inside the restaurant? The interior of a Taco Bell is the most depressing place ever. Can't you at least just use the drive-thru and eat your food somewhere else?

Quite possibly inside, we haven't decided yet. It's really all for the luls anyway so eating inside would likely be funnier. Though pictures of us in a fancy pants restaurant with taco bell on some nice china plates would be throughly amusing.

SecretSoliloquy
02-10-2011, 08:28 PM
My student assistant's boyfriend showed up in the office unannounced yesterday and basically asked her this same thing. I've spent two months trying to get her to dump him.

Sigh. Some people really know how to pick 'em. Someone who was once a good friend of mine dumped an abusive boyfriend, after which he stalked her and made a facebook account consisting of naked pictures of her, and then friended everyone she knew with it. A month later, she went back to him.

Xanarcah
02-10-2011, 09:01 PM
The new schedule finally went up at work and~ I'm not working on VDay or the day after!

VDay is now an excuse to get a slice of Tiramisu and maybe some lotus seed crisps from the Chinese bakery to share with the boyfriend when he gets home from work. But you guys you guys! I'm so thrilled about not working the day after VDay that I cannot even properly express it.

Because I work at a hotel in the housekeeping department and the day after VDay I always want to wear a full body hazmat suit while I make my rounds picking up dirty linen from the housekeepers. No day is quite like the day after VDay.

rubyspitfire
02-10-2011, 10:40 PM
i'm going to spend valentine's day (and the two days after) on my mom's couch watching jeopardy! and begging her to make spaghetti and cheesecake XD

Syrinx
02-10-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm working a midnight release for Marvel v Capcom 3 =^.^= It's marvel, baby!!!!!
my boyfriend is gonna come to pick up the game... so there... haha valentine's day together. i don't normally do anything special for it anyway. but... i see some video games and candy in my near future ;)

Neko Minaue
02-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Actually update on what I'm doing...just going to Algebra Class and Math Lab -_-. Fun.../sarcasm

Michi
02-11-2011, 06:26 PM
BJ's is bringing back a deal they did last year (or the year before?) where you get 2 salads/soups, a medium pizza, and a pizookie for $20, for Valentine's Day. My boyfriend and I totally used to take advantage of that deal so we've decided we're eating at BJ's Monday night! ... and then going to that burlesque show, haha.