PDA

View Full Version : Random Resturaunt Invasion?

caelestis
10-19-2003, 05:56 AM
.. though it's still early.. anyone up for it? I'm not completely familiar with the Dallas area or I'd suggest a resturaunt to invade.. heh.. but harassing the locals sounds like it could be interesting.

If a large group is interested... we can maybe pick someone to organize it lol (I have nil in organization skills.. hehe).

So, anyone game?

Trinity
10-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Always game for bringing about random insanity on the Dallas area. You'd think the poor people would be used to it by now.

I know there's a Benihana somewhere in the area where the Westin and Sheraton for A-kon 2001 were, but that can become relatively pricey, so we must find cheaper-ness. ^_^; I'm up for digging .. preferences?

Gren
10-20-2003, 12:39 PM
Mmm. If we want to invade a place for Ushi, I vote Z-Tejas on 6th street. So good. *melt*

And yeah, benihanas can run quite high, but we could laways try for some other random sushi joint instead, if you want to run with the Japanese theme.

GamerDFWM
10-21-2003, 01:02 PM
It just depends on where you want to go.

North Dallas - Saltgrass, Snuffers, Herrera's

Midtown - Resaurant Row, San Francisco Steak House, Waffle House ;)

South Side - Gloria's, Monica's Aca y Alla

Hell, for a first time meeting, even a Whataburger or something would suffice. I'd have no problem organizing something, if y'all are in on it.

For instance, there's a comic convention in Plano this Saturday. Perhaps a breakfast?

caelestis
10-21-2003, 01:53 PM
Hehe ^^';;; as long as it's somewhere that has something that doesn't contain meat (kinda drops the buger place..) But I'm game for anything.. *points up* anyone else's call there ^^

Aiji Sasayaki
10-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Hell, I'm game..I don't know Texas that well, having just moved here from California, but I'm sure my group and I can find wherever.

Shun
04-16-2004, 03:38 PM
I'm up for it too. Me and a group of my friends are driving down from chicago for a-kon. I'd love to see Dallas or wherever this wonderful restaurant gathering might be^^

Cynthia
04-16-2004, 04:43 PM
*imagines group of 20 people wearing costumes coming to a fancy restaurant*

^_^

You can probably count me in, in Addison they have the Magic Time Machine (heard about it from someone else), we'd fit in (the waiters supposedly dress in costume), but we'd be confused with "the help" X-)

RuthlessJS
04-16-2004, 04:52 PM
sounds like fun. Sign me up. Just tell me when and where. :)

Nabe-Soft
04-16-2004, 05:33 PM
A nice sushi bar would be nice ^_^;;...oh sorry for just popping up like that, I'm bored. I also like to meet new people so umm...nice to meet you guys. ^_^

nyaraka
04-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Any place with eatable food would be nice, I think~ I'd love to meet some people. :3 I'm rather new to cosplaying and all..^^;

Trinity
04-17-2004, 11:32 AM
Hah, this brings back memories of our invasion of the Hard Rock Cafe up in Baltimore the day before Otakon kicked off. The best part of it all was that everyone around there knew about the convention. It was a huge thing up in Baltimore -- probably because we use the convention center and all -- but it was still so awesome. Probably one of the best parts of the weekend.

accelagirl
04-18-2004, 03:04 AM
yunieee~~~~ if we invade a restaraunt, you and i would have to have a showdown~~

*stabs kodachi into restaraunt banister* bring it, girl! XD

Exclave
04-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Or everyone can invade the "Magic Time Machine" if there are enough people willing to drive a few minutes in Addison. It's a theme place that all the servers dress up as characters from movies and such. It might run a bit much for the poor con-goers though. Average meal there will probably run you around $15-20 after tip.

And you can't go wrong with Whataburger. Mmmmm... sausage, egg, and cheese taquitos... Mmmmm

Cynthia
04-20-2004, 03:56 PM
How far is Addison from Dallas exactly? (Probably going out there to eat one night)

Impishremorse
04-21-2004, 08:07 PM
im vegan but id go along i could drink .. tea or something

Tenya Muyo
04-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Aahhhhhhhhhhh, a gathering of crazy people!! I must join! :jjacks: The Magic Time Machine would be awsome, but it is pricy. I'm sure we can think of something that's there. And there must be cosplay, oh yes; very much the cosplaying!!

Funny thing is, if we did do MTM we would confuse the hell out of the regualr people there! Me and some friends stopped by there during AnimeFEST last year most of us were still in costume (I was Sumomo ^_^). We were walking arcoss the parking lot, and this 9 year old girl was just getting out of the car, saw us, and said "Mom, are those the waiters?" :crylaugh: :crylaugh: It was SO FUNNY!!! Hmmmmm,......... maybe we should go.............. *hehe*

Karrit
04-23-2004, 07:34 PM
I'm going to be meeting up with Sonny Strait, Kyle Hebert and some members of their forums Friday night at Uncle Julio's, a texmex restaurant.

Impishremorse
04-23-2004, 11:37 PM
I want to do this but im probbaly hard to work in being a teen (limited budget) vegan but im going as Alice this is my first con and itd be random to have that at the table 0.o someone email me im so confused - impishremorse@hotmail.com

Ayane_Eiketsu
04-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Hell yeah! I'm defenitely in :rockon: Just tell me when and where and i'm there. Scaring the normal people is one of my fav. past times. :crylaugh: And after all the scenarios i've heard on the posts it just sounds like even more fun! But i'm with Nyaraka it would also be cool to meet some new people. This'll be my first cosplay and convention V(^_^)V

Space Invader
04-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Man, I'll go if I can! Sounds great ^_^. I would suggest the Hard Rock Cafe... if I remember correctly, there is one not too far from downtown Dallas (I think it IS in downtown Dallas), and the prices aren't that bad. Plus, it's got all the cool movie stuff to look at on the inside. XD

Exclave
04-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Me and some friends go there every Animefest since it's just a short walk away. I believe it's around 15 minutes or so from the Adam's Mark Hotel if you take the Dallas North Tollway. Not so bad if you get drivers that know the area.

Trinity
04-29-2004, 06:13 PM
This sounds like it'll be a very interesting outing. Someone should bring the video camera!

Ayane_Eiketsu
04-29-2004, 08:21 PM
I'll be bringing a video camera and a regular camera with me!!! :bigtu:

Skyline Kyo
04-30-2004, 05:45 AM
Lol, this sounds like a great idea. I'll be bringing my digital camera for this one.

Ayane_Eiketsu
04-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Just wondering. But does anyone know when it is? or where? :p

kirineko
05-01-2004, 01:39 AM
Man, I'll go if I can! Sounds great ^_^. I would suggest the Hard Rock Cafe... if I remember correctly, there is one not too far from downtown Dallas (I think it IS in downtown Dallas), and the prices aren't that bad. Plus, it's got all the cool movie stuff to look at on the inside. XD

the Hard Rock Cafe is like....erm. 5 blocks? or so fromt he hotel. I remember we saw it when we were leaving the last staff meeting, and took a wrong turn, so it's pretty damn close to the hotel.

there's also a chinese place RIGHT next to the hotel, but be gentle. >>

Also, there's the Plaza of the Americas. No clue what restaurants are there, but there are some, and also, there's the entire West End area that has a lot of restaurants. All of these are within decent walking or bussing distance.

I'd advice, if you are taking a car to the convention, to NOT park in the hotel parking. It's currently 12 dollars a day, and because it's handled by an outside contractor, the hotel does not validate parking. A-kon staff is currently trying to negotiate some kind of deal, but for now, that's the way things are looking. There are some cheaper parking lots near the hotel (4-5 dollars a day)>> but I imagine those will fill up quickly. I'd plan, if you do bring a car, to get there early, park, and take the bus anywhere you need to go...it covers downtown Dallas very well, and the passes are cheap. (2.25 to ride anywhere, all day long.)

Tenya Muyo
05-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Wow. Thanks for the info Kirineko! I was just trying to figure what to do about parking! NEWayz, i've seen some many different ideas here; if we are going to do this, we need to decide where and when soon (though we do have a month to think about that, ney? ^_^). Just thought i'd inject this real quick!

kirineko
05-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Wow. Thanks for the info Kirineko! I was just trying to figure what to do about parking! NEWayz, i've seen some many different ideas here; if we are going to do this, we need to decide where and when soon (though we do have a month to think about that, ney? ^_^). Just thought i'd inject this real quick!

They are hoping to have maps of parking areas and also of the Plaza of the Americas and Downtown available soon. (on the webpage I believe.) I know they picked some up yesterday.

Jess

Akari Hoshi
05-05-2004, 06:12 PM
$12 a DAY to PARK!? Are you serious!? It would be cheaper just to walk and I live in St. Louis! Holy crap!

Artema
05-06-2004, 01:58 AM
Holy crap, $12 a day? yeek. I'll be coming on Thursday, so hopefully I can score me one of those $5 lots. n_n'''

As far as restaurant hopping goes, I'm up for it! :3 I vote MTM <.< Then it'll be fun to confuse people. And the food's pretty good too. Pricey, but tasty.

Ayane_Eiketsu
05-06-2004, 02:27 AM
good thing I'm not old enought to drive *_* but then again that means I have to try and not get lost on the DART lines or the buses! oh well, it can't be much harder than the ones in tokyo (fuuuuunny memories with that) :thumbsup:

P.S. Does anyone know exactly when the invasion thing is?...or where?

Saikolady
05-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Ahhh sounds fuuuun! I'm not sure if my boyfriend will be up for a big group of people but I'm sure if I said I wanted to he would go *whip craking noises* ^_~ My best friend is staying with us too and I'm sure she would love to do that XD Depends when though..

We're staying at the Adam's Mark and we plan on being at the convention all day and night XD It would have to be reaaally late or like on Sunday ^_^;;

Ayane_Eiketsu
05-07-2004, 05:43 AM
I hope not Sunday I have to leave early :bigcry: (i hate the flight schedules!) and I really want to scare the locals :bigtu: But I don't plan on sleeping at the con either. v(^_^)v and....sorry to ask...when and where is it exactly? :lost: