PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Cities

howdoimakethis
01-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi, I was wondering why we can't develop cities from Final Fantasy like Rabanastre, Archades, or Zanarkand, or something wonderful, when we have the technology for it? If not a whole city, how come we can't just make a small portion of it. And if it is a legal thing, I wish architects would ask permission from the Final Fantasy designers to make the cities come into real life. Thank you :)

FunnyValentine
01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
I want to go to Zanarkand. I wish Traverse Town from Kingdom Hearts was real too, but it has to play the music, oh, and Destiny Islands.

Kildread
01-24-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm really quite happy real cities aren't made like video game cities.

Not a whole lot of thought goes into the practical design of video game cities past the 'wow, this looks so good!' aspect.

sam vimes
01-24-2011, 08:20 PM
I really just read that.

Today was a good day.

Shifty Llama
01-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi, I was wondering why we can't develop cities from Final Fantasy like Rabanastre, Archades, or Zanarkand, or something wonderful, when we have the technology for it? If not a whole city, how come we can't just make a small portion of it. And if it is a legal thing, I wish architects would ask permission from the Final Fantasy designers to make the cities come into real life. Thank you :)

Cause if we start beilding big fancy cities giant fayth based mostors that are made of noexistant peoples dads will come and go smash smash smash and the carnige will be endless and also any country that could affort to do this has no space left for a city they already exist it would need to emerge in a developing nation that likley hasnt go the money to create a city like that.

Michi
01-24-2011, 08:49 PM
That kind of stuff is what theme parks are for.

penny_dreadful
01-24-2011, 09:09 PM
1. Money
2. Practicality
3. Money
4. Budget
5. Money
6. Seriously, think of a given city you know, then ask yourself where they'd get the money to do that.

Lithium Flower
01-24-2011, 09:29 PM
I want to go to Zanarkand. I wish Traverse Town from Kingdom Hearts was real too, but it has to play the music, oh, and Destiny Islands.

You know I lived in a town called Traverse City when I was a kid and my grandparents live there, when I played KH I got so excited about Traverse Town I had to show my whole family xD

FunnyValentine
01-25-2011, 12:12 AM
You know I lived in a town called Traverse City when I was a kid and my grandparents live there, when I played KH I got so excited about Traverse Town I had to show my whole family xD

hahah that's pretty cool. :)

beEp
01-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Ya know, there are some pretty crazy cities/buildings out there already if you know where to look.