PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online-HUmar cosplay

striker0
01-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Hello to the people of cosplay.com!

After telling some people, and getting mixed impressions, I have decided to lay off the box gundam cosplay for a while, and focus on something else. Last year I did a Animal Crossing cosplay for the national cosplay day, and that was my first venture into sewing a cosplay. Now I would like to focus on something else, and that something is my HUmar character from Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast. I have a general idea of what I'm going to do, but I need some advice.

In case some of you don't know what the HUmar looks like, here's a picture.
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/ExDREAM0/?action=view&current=humar.jpg
But I don't want to do that exact color scheme, so I took a screen shot of my same character on a private Blue Burst server.
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/ExDREAM0/?action=view&current=pso1295498348.jpg
Sorry that some of the colors are not coming through, I will try my best to take better shots once the server is back up.

But anyways, for the shirt I was planning on buying a solid black long sleeve shirt and sewing the white on. As for the part that goes from the shirt to the shorts, I was thinking of putting some buttons, and then hiding them under the material, so it would look right. As for the black leggings, I was going to buy a pair of long underwear, or long johns, and do some work on that. Of course, in the screen shot, the shorts look to be lavender, so I'm hoping to find a pair of shorts like that. However, I'm wondering if I should buy gym shorts, or just regular shorts for that. (Keep in mind, the shirt and shorts I'm planning on buying at a goodwill or something, but the long underwear will be a new purchase). And one other thing I need help with is the padding on the shirt (around the chest and collar). Should I buy crafting foam for that, or buy batting and layer it for the desired thickness? And I have no idea how I should tackle the left arm whatsoever, so some suggestions would help with that.

Thank you.